Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2020, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
As much as Josh liked Meredith, and the Andie character. I doubt he pulled for that ending, especially when he knew a Pacey / Andie ending was in the cards.

Remember Josh appeared at the 100th episode party wearing a picture of Meredith over his heart.
Yes, that was just the rumor. I do think it's true there was some petty crap behind the scenes between Josh and James though. They weren't best friends for several years. They started out as friends but it went downhill supposedly over the IT girl.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Yes, that was just the rumor. I do think it's true there was some petty crap behind the scenes between Josh and James though. They weren't best friends for several years. They started out as friends but it went downhill supposedly over the IT girl.
You could really see and feel the tension between them in the later seasons. They didn't really hide it on screen.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
You could really see and feel the tension between them in the later seasons. They didn't really hide it on screen.
Right? In season 4 when Pacey was jealous of Dawson constantly (acting like he didn't like him anymore at times) you could feel Josh in those scenes. Another time you really felt it was when Pacey lost all of Dawson's money and Dawson finds out about it. Then their confrontation about not being true friends anymore. There definitely was a lot of tension between the actors. That is why I am actually convinced there was something to Josh wanting to "win" IF he couldn't have Pacey/Andie.

I also don't really think they disliked each other only due to Katie. James and Katie apparently went on one date or something and it was never serious. There could have been a slight competition initially but I just don't think James and Josh cared for each other much in general. Now, thankfully, they are very friendly.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Season one Josh and James were room mates. Josh admitted he was a slob and James was a neat freak. That alone can turn two once friendly guys into being very annoyed with each other.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

They definitely were opposites. From what was reported, it was friendly in season 1 mostly. Seasons 2/3, somewhere in this time period they started to drift apart as friends and then it turned into disgust after a while. Like Jerry said, you really see how much they dislike each other in those later seasons. It really is obvious. I think they loved the tension between Dawson and Pacey in seasons 4-6 because they didn't even have to act.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
They definitely were opposites. From what was reported, it was friendly in season 1 mostly. Seasons 2/3, somewhere in this time period they started to drift apart as friends and then it turned into disgust after a while. Like Jerry said, you really see how much they dislike each other in those later seasons. It really is obvious. I think they loved the tension between Dawson and Pacey in seasons 4-6 because they didn't even have to act.
Josh and James' dislike of each other definitely played into the tension between Dawson and Pacey, but it also pretty much destroyed the concept that they were friends, even estranged friends.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-03-2020, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Josh and James' dislike of each other definitely played into the tension between Dawson and Pacey, but it also pretty much destroyed the concept that they were friends, even estranged friends.
So very true. We can talk about how the show destroyed Dawson/Joey and Pacey/Andie, but the destruction of the Dawson/Pacey friendship was just as bad. I remember those episodes in the early days with Dawson/Pacey on Dawson's birthday or on the boat together. You just got the feeling that they were so close and had been through a lot together. Dawson basically kept Pacey sane while he dealt with his horrible family. Dawson's house was a safe place for Pacey. I cannot believe TPTB destroyed this friendship all for Pacey/Joey. It was so gross. Think about seasons 3-6 (even if they were in Boston during those last two seasons)... when did you see Pacey at Dawson's house? Never. What an absolute joke.

Also... both Dawson and Pacey had zero guy friends they hung out with. Well, Dawson did have some film people he hung with a little bit but it always revolved around work. What about Pacey? He never had a guy friend after Dawson! Jack doesn't count because while they were friendly Jack's only close friendship was with Jen.

Man, was this show messed up in multiple ways.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:55 PM
Extreme Fan

I guess this train of thought jibes perfectly with the title of this thread.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Very true.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:02 AM
Extreme Fan

The one person who I would like to open up about Dawson's Creek; is Meredith Monroe. She knows exactly why she was let go, and I bet a lot about shenanigans of the final episode. I'd like to hear how she felt; being a very good actress, on time, knows her lines, and always cheerful. Gets dumped for the lame excuse of no more story lines.

I'd like to know how she felt after moving heaven and earth to fly to NC for one day, film her scenes and find out they were cut from the final version.

But she has kept her mouth shut and has never said a bad word about Dawson's Creek.

You know both Michelle and Meredith would have made a much better Joey. At least they would not have tried to sing.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
The one person who I would like to open up about Dawson's Creek; is Meredith Monroe. She knows exactly why she was let go, and I bet a lot about shenanigans of the final episode. I'd like to hear how she felt; being a very good actress, on time, knows her lines, and always cheerful. Gets dumped for the lame excuse of no more story lines.

I'd like to know how she felt after moving heaven and earth to fly to NC for one day, film her scenes and find out they were cut from the final version.

But she has kept her mouth shut and has never said a bad word about Dawson's Creek.

You know both Michelle and Meredith would have made a much better Joey. At least they would not have tried to sing.
She has true class. She was literally mistreated multiple times too and still hasn't said a word. See, for me, if I was in the cast and especially, a Josh Jackson, I would be talking about it. This is 2020. If this year has taught us anything it is to speak your mind and stand up for what you believe in. Sometimes keeping the peace makes things worse because change is needed. If Meredith is too classy and doesn't want to stir up trouble, it would be nice if someone like Josh Jackson, who once sported a pin (and was obviously angered) could speak up and talk about some of the issues. Even how messed up characters were and what they stood for, which, in many cases, was very negative and at times, sexist.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Found this really weird article. 2018. Apparently Busy and Michelle were not included in group texts. We sit here and talk about how close past and present casts are... another example of how strange this cast is, past and present:

Quote:
Busy Philipps reveals she and Michelle Williams were left out of Dawson's Creek group text

They don't want to wait for their lives to be over to get an invite.

Nevertheless Busy Philipps and Michelle Williams still haven't been asked to join the Dawson's Creek group text.

Busy confirmed she and her BFF are not in the SMS gang, the existence of which was confirmed by Meredith Monroe last week.

'I’m not on the group text,' the 39-year-old actress told Us Weekly in a fit of laughter.

'I think Michelle and I didn’t get [invited], we missed that moment... I swear to God, I'm not kidding!'

She continued: 'I don’t know why we’re not on it, but we’re not. Maybe they figure that we’re fine.'

Busy played Audrey Liddell in the final two seasons of the 90s teen drama; Williams played the main role of Jen Lindley throughout all six seasons.

Monroe, who played Andie McPhee in seasons 2, 3, 4 and 6 confirmed last week that she and former co-stars James Van Der Beek, Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson are all in touch via group text.
'We’ve been having fun and reconnecting,' the 48-year-old actress told the mag 'It’s been a blessing to see everyone again. I think it just comes in and out. All of our lives have gone in crazy different directions.

'It’s sometimes you grab a moment with somebody and sometimes it’s years. The nice thing is when we see each other, we pick up right where we left off.'

On Wednesday Busy admitted she'd read the interview

'I was like, "Oh, wow, OK, well, that’s cool,' she said, feigning offence. 'I have everyone’s number individually. Should I just text them all together, like, "Hey guys, wanna to include me in?"

'It’s fine, I’m fine,' she insisted. 'I have enough group texts that drive me insane. I mean — no shame to anyone — I truly cannot stand a group text.

Because when people get going, and if you’re in a meeting or you’re doing something and then you get to your phone and you have like 40 missed texts, and you have to weed through.

'It causes me so much agita. I've had to mute three group texts that I'm a part of just because It brings me more anxiety than it does joy.... I'm out!.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...roup-text.html
The definition of rude they weren't included. You can tell from Busy's words she and Michelle felt offended and she was using humor to get through feeling annoyed. Maybe they didn't contact because they thought Michelle was "too high up" or something and Busy is her closest friend so they come as one? I have no idea but I find it weird and, well... then again, given this cast it kind of seems normal at the same time.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:09 AM
Extreme Fan

If I had to guess one of the main actors found Busy annoying and didn't want to include her. By exempting Busy they had to exempt Michelle as they are very close.

Also, the reason could be, if a re-boot was made, Michelle's character was dead and they did not see her in any future plans. Busy's character would not have any reason to be there if Meredith was present. Actually in my opinion, Busy would not be needed; even if Meredith was not there.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That’s horrible if they found Busy annoying. In my mind, her character was one of the only bright spots of season 5. Well, early season 5. TPTB knew this which is why they turned Audrey dark so Busy couldn’t make Katie look bad.

They’d have to know any revival cannot happen without Michelle Williams. I mean, it can happen but it would point at the ridiculous mistakes made on the show if they ever went there without the character of Jen around.

The fact that grown adults would be petty and not include Michelle or Busy for whatever reason (Kerr wasn’t there either) is just ridiculous to me. Of course we don’t know the real reasons behind why they were not included but it still seems wrong regardless. Reminds me of high school all over again.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Well, there are cliques everywhere and just because people worked together doesn't mean they liked each other. I can't stand many of the people I work with!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread