Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2020, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I study astrology so I was interested in seeing the sun signs...

I am a Capricorn Sun. Meredith is a Capricorn Sun. Doesn't surprise me.

Capricorns are actually considered the strongest sign in the zodiac. We don't outwardly strut the strength though because we come from earth. However, we are resilient, determined, and always get through any tough time. Down to earth, pretty introverted, and very determined.

Michelle Williams is a Virgo earth sign. Another strong sign, coming from earth. Virgos are strong, perfectionists and also don't take crap but unlike Fire signs who would be more vocal when ticked, Earth signs handle it in a different way. More of a silent but strong type of path.

Interesting that speaking of Fire signs… Both Katie and Katherine Heigl are Sagittarius signs. They do not hold back. They tell it like it is in a very honest way.

So I understand why Meredith and Michelle internalized and got through the crap on Dawson's Creek in a strong but behind the scenes way.

Katherine Heigl would not go that route.

Very interesting.

Of course astrology is way more complicated than sun signs but generally speaking this makes sense.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-03-2020 at 09:44 AM
Old 08-03-2020, 12:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Very interesting analogy.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Very interesting analogy.
Thanks!
Old 08-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Extreme Fan

OK should everyone flee, I'm a Scorpio. LOL
Old 08-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
OK should everyone flee, I'm a Scorpio. LOL
No. I have so many Scorpio friends.

Matter of fact, Capricorns and Scorpios are a great match. Extremely compatible! If you and Meredith ever met, you two would get along nicely.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
As we know Katherine Heigl was seriously considered for the role of Jen. According to Kevin Williamson, she had a fantastic audition. For what ever reason they decided to go with Michelle Williams [An excellent choice]

The point I'm getting at is: If Katherine Heigl was chosen for Jen, do you think TPTB, would have still tried to make Katie Holmes the IT girl?

Katherine and Katie are almost the exact same age with Katherine being about 20 days older.

A young Katherine

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...?adppopup=true

A young Katie.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...3?adppopup=tru

Actually Katherine had no problem becoming an IT girl on her own. The former fashion model had two very successful TV series, won an emmy, and several highly successful movies.

Katherine is very out spoken and it has cost her roles in her later career. TO be truthful, I don 't disagree with all her comments.

Anyway I just wonder how TPTB would have acted? Katherine is a vastly superior actress, but then again so were Michelle and Meredith.

Thoughts?
It's hard to say, but like you said, Katherine Heigl was and is much more vocal about working conditions that she doesn't like, where Michelle and Meredith were more passive, so what I think would have happened is that Jen/Katherine would most likely have been written off the show at the end of Season Two, maybe an early death for Jen like you said Tony.

Ultimately though, I feel that Katherine Heigl's attitude has short-circuited what was once a promising career.

What I find the most sad about the way Meredith Monroe was treated was that her career never got the chance to blossom like Michelle Williams' career did. I thought that Meredith was an excellent actress who should have gone farther than she has.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-04-2020, 12:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It's hard to say, but like you said, Katherine Heigl was and is much more vocal about working conditions that she doesn't like, where Michelle and Meredith were more passive, so what I think would have happened is that Jen/Katherine would most likely have been written off the show at the end of Season Two, maybe an early death for Jen like you said Tony.

Ultimately though, I feel that Katherine Heigl's attitude has short-circuited what was once a promising career.

What I find the most sad about the way Meredith Monroe was treated was that her career never got the chance to blossom like Michelle Williams' career did. I thought that Meredith was an excellent actress who should have gone farther than she has.
I wonder about Meredith's career. I know she was promised a series and she has never gotten one. She originally in Married to the Kelly's and filmed the pilot. :I've watched the pilot many years ago, she was good, but at the very last minute they replaced her with Kilie Sanchez. I wonder if that was revenge for her hard to get attitude at the end of season four, when they wanted her to come back for the graduation episode. According to Stupin she was highly pissed at being let go and they really had to kiss her butt to get her to return for the one episode.

Meredith has had a successful career, having landed over seventy five roles and has guest starred on about every show on TV. Also she has made many straight to DVD movies, some which are not to bad.

Her performances in Cold Case and Masters of Horror are considered the best episodes of the respective series by many.

The One. A movie she did with Richard Ruccolo, and Gabriel Hogan. It is a romantic comedy she made for ABC. This movies rivals any romantic comedy that Jennifer Aniston or Katherine Heigl has done.

The odd thing is that you can't find it anywhere. No DVD, hasn't been on TV for several years. It's gone. (Almost)

When I was on IMDB we were discussing the movie and why no one can't find it. Then someone posted that he/she had a copy and could make us copies. I took a chance and went for it. Well it worked out and I received a copy. The DVD was made from a master that had been sent to TV stations. You could tell by the gaps that were left for commercials.

From everything I can tell Meredith seems like a happy well adjusted individual. She has been married to the same man for over twenty years, has two children. I would call that very successful.

I wish I had copied all the articles and videos I have seen. Most of them are lost now.

I agree that she should have been a bigger star, with a series and first line movies. Maybe she chose not to.

Spare Change.. A short video clip made for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vN7ouA4UhI

I just found a promo for The One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkLfMz1XmFI

The movie, The One, was on youtube, but they were made to take it down.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I wonder about Meredith's career. I know she was promised a series and she has never gotten one. She originally in Married to the Kelly's and filmed the pilot. :I've watched the pilot many years ago, she was good, but at the very last minute they replaced her with Kilie Sanchez. I wonder if that was revenge for her hard to get attitude at the end of season four, when they wanted her to come back for the graduation episode. According to Stupin she was highly pissed at being let go and they really had to kiss her butt to get her to return for the one episode.

Meredith has had a successful career, having landed over seventy five roles and has guest starred on about every show on TV. Also she has made many straight to DVD movies, some which are not to bad.

Her performances in Cold Case and Masters of Horror are considered the best episodes of the respective series by many.

The One. A movie she did with Richard Ruccolo, and Gabriel Hogan. It is a romantic comedy she made for ABC. This movies rivals any romantic comedy that Jennifer Aniston or Katherine Heigl has done.

The odd thing is that you can't find it anywhere. No DVD, hasn't been on TV for several years. It's gone. (Almost)

When I was on IMDB we were discussing the movie and why no one can't find it. Then someone posted that he/she had a copy and could make us copies. I took a chance and went for it. Well it worked out and I received a copy. The DVD was made from a master that had been sent to TV stations. You could tell by the gaps that were left for commercials.

From everything I can tell Meredith seems like a happy well adjusted individual. She has been married to the same man for over twenty years, has two children. I would call that very successful.

I wish I had copied all the articles and videos I have seen. Most of them are lost now.

I agree that she should have been a bigger star, with a series and first line movies. Maybe she chose not to.

Spare Change.. A short video clip made for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vN7ouA4UhI

I just found a promo for The One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkLfMz1XmFI

The movie, The One, was on youtube, but they were made to take it down.
Thanks Tony. I've seen the Spare Change Video before (I believe that you posted it a while back) and Meredith did an incredible job in it. It was so poignant and heartbreaking.

I'll always feel that what was done to her on Dawson's Creek was so unfair and it did Meredith and her character of Andie a real disservice.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-05-2020, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I saw this review on imdb:

Quote:
emmmanuellla31 May 2020
5/10
not good
I can't believe how bad the actors are. Maybe it's because I watch this in 2020, but the acting is so lacking that if I wasn't already watching the second season, I would stop it right now. I mean the action maybe promising somehow, but the actors are bad bad bad, especially the main characters and especially Katie Holmes.
LOL.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:02 AM
Administrator

That's funny!

Old 08-05-2020, 06:07 AM
Administrator

I liked what one person said on IMDB:

Quote:
In the last few years of this show, everything that made it great disappeared. The writing was cliched, the actors began phoning in most of their work, and the show really did become all about sex and hormones. This isn't the "Dawson's Creek" that people should remember.

They should remember the early years of "Dawson's Creek", a show which, in the beginning, was really very smart and hip and innocent. The characters were real, not stereotyped, and the young actors actually had an enthusiasm that showed in their work. The writing was fresh and always toed a line between what could and couldn't be shown on TV. In short, it was original and daring. If you remember this version of the show, you'll remember the show much more fondly.

Old 08-05-2020, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Very true. In my mind, Dawson's Creek ended after season 2. Seasons 3-6, it was a completely different show with every aspect downgraded and severely lowered in quality.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, we both watched Roswell.

Which cast do you feel had more overall talent:

Roswell or Dawson's Creek?
Old 08-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Jerry, we both watched Roswell.

Which cast do you feel had more overall talent:

Roswell or Dawson's Creek?
That's a tough question Michelle. I would give a slight edge to the cast of Dawson's Creek in terms of talent.

I thought that most of the cast of Roswell were pretty lightweight actors and on Dawson's Creek, Michelle Williams, Meredith Monroe, Josh Jackson and Mary Beth Peil were good actors, but the other actors were pretty mediocre. I think The WB hired actors more for their youthful good looks than their acting talent to be honest. I remember at the end of 1999 there was a WB Promo that featured young actors from different WB Shows that were on at the time (Dawson's Creek, Felicity, 7th Heaven, Charmed, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Roswell, and a few other shows) and it just showcased how good looking they were:

All the actors featured in this promo were young and beautiful, and that's what The WB was promoting. I think it's funny that they had pictures of James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams in that promo, but James and Michelle weren't in the promo. They probably didn't want to have anything to do with it!

Old 08-05-2020, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's a tough question Michelle. I would give a slight edge to the cast of Dawson's Creek in terms of talent.

I thought that most of the cast of Roswell were pretty lightweight actors and on Dawson's Creek, Michelle Williams, Meredith Monroe, Josh Jackson and Mary Beth Peil were good actors, but the other actors were pretty mediocre. I think The WB hired actors more for their youthful good looks than their acting talent to be honest. I remember at the end of 1999 there was a WB Promo that featured young actors from different WB Shows that were on at the time (Dawson's Creek, Felicity, 7th Heaven, Charmed, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Roswell, and a few other shows) and it just showcased how good looking they were:

All the actors featured in this promo were young and beautiful, and that's what The WB was promoting. I think it's funny that they had pictures of James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams in that promo, but James and Michelle weren't in the promo. They probably didn't want to have anything to do with it!
I had never seen that before. I'm almost embarrassed for the actors that had to participate. Yes I bet they did not want to participate, James and Michelle. That is seriously one of the most embarrassing, superficial, yet, defining examples of what the stupid network was all about. I don't even know why they picked up Everwood. It was WAY to good for this network.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread