Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2020, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwood4Bamon (View Post)
I love both characters.
I loved season 1 Joey Potter.

I loved Peyton Sawyer from start to finish.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I loved season 1 Joey Potter.

I loved Peyton Sawyer from start to finish.
I also loved Season One Joey Potter. I didn't watch One Tree Hill enough to form a real opinion about all the characters.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-10-2020, 07:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm spitting nothing but facts oin the people in the DCO Facebook group and all they can come up with is Dawson was selfish and treated Joey like a trophy! or how from season 3 on it was never meant to be Dawson and Joey and that it was suppose to end Pacey and Joey. I'm like season 4-5 seems to disagree with you as does literally the whole series finale episode including the speech Pacey made to Joey about being off the hook.All pointed to Dawson

And what is their reply? Dawson never really loved her and that they are better off as friends etc

I cant with these people, but I will fight tooth and nail though and keep trolling them as much as I can LOL
Old 03-10-2020, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I also loved Season One Joey Potter. I didn't watch One Tree Hill enough to form a real opinion about all the characters.
I just don’t understand why season one Joey didn’t stick around for the rest of the series.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyOiler35 (View Post)
I'm spitting nothing but facts oin the people in the DCO Facebook group and all they can come up with is Dawson was selfish and treated Joey like a trophy! or how from season 3 on it was never meant to be Dawson and Joey and that it was suppose to end Pacey and Joey. I'm like season 4-5 seems to disagree with you as does literally the whole series finale episode including the speech Pacey made to Joey about being off the hook.All pointed to Dawson

And what is their reply? Dawson never really loved her and that they are better off as friends etc

I cant with these people, but I will fight tooth and nail though and keep trolling them as much as I can LOL
Keep fighting and trolling. LOL.

It amazes me what people come up with.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I just don’t understand why season one Joey didn’t stick around for the rest of the series.
I think it's because she emerged as the most popular character due to her underdog status and due to the (then) appeal of Katie Holmes, but then the writers took her character in an entirely different direction and made her the IT Girl of the show that no mere mortal could resist, and so they ruined her character. In addition to this, as I mentioned before, I think that all the adulation went to Katie Holmes' head and she stopped trying to really act and she just played cutesy, which was all that the writers and producers wanted from her, but it made her virtually unwatchable, especially in her scenes with Pacey.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-10-2020, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think it's because she emerged as the most popular character due to her underdog status and due to the (then) appeal of Katie Holmes, but then the writers took her character in an entirely different direction and made her the IT Girl of the show that no mere mortal could resist, and so they ruined her character. In addition to this, as I mentioned before, I think that all the adulation went to Katie Holmes' head and she stopped trying to really act and she just played cutesy, which was all that the writers and producers wanted from her, but it made her virtually unwatchable, especially in her scenes with Pacey.
You have it summed up perfectly. What a shame. I can’t watch her scenes with Pacey either. Not only does the pairing in general nauseate me, but seeing Joey all cutesy and Pacey with this strange, fake deep voice = fingers down the chalkboard. That season four episode when Joey gets drunk and they’re hanging on each other outside... a migraine headache sounds better than watching that horribly irritating scene.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You have it summed up perfectly. What a shame. I can’t watch her scenes with Pacey either. Not only does the pairing in general nauseate me, but seeing Joey all cutesy and Pacey with this strange, fake deep voice = fingers down the chalkboard. That season four episode when Joey gets drunk and they’re hanging on each other outside... a migraine headache sounds better than watching that horribly irritating scene.
Yes, there should be a sign that says: To induce vomiting, watch the Pacey/Joey drunk scene!

Old 03-10-2020, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, there should be a sign that says: To induce vomiting, watch the Pacey/Joey drunk scene!
Isn’t that scene just terrible? I think for me it’s the most irritating PJ scene and there are so many to choose from. I also hate how he picks her up and takes her out of the house. Of course Dawson has to see this garbage.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Isn’t that scene just terrible? I think for me it’s the most irritating PJ scene and there are so many to choose from. I also hate how he picks her up and takes her out of the house. Of course Dawson has to see this garbage.
That was the most nauseating PJ Scene. Another one that comes close is when they're at a nightclub and Pacey talks about "Other Joey."

Old 03-10-2020, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That was the most nauseating PJ Scene. Another one that comes close is when they're at a nightclub and Pacey talks about "Other Joey."
Oh I loathed that so much as well. Whenever they sleep together for the first time... another cringeworthy moment. I don’t even care that they slept together. What bothers me is that Joey looked like she endured assault the next day. It was bizarre. Then there was Pacey chomping on the chips asking her if he was any good. What a joke. How do you like this couple and find this episode hopeful? It was trash.

These terrible scenes are why I never thought in a million years they would end up together. PJ might have been Stupin’s pride and joy but he never wrote them with depth or any sort of long-term potential.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
But thats when they are the cutest together! LOL
Old 03-10-2020, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

412 The Te of Pacey: Pacey's birthday is one of my favorite episodes of the series and it's because it makes Pacey and Joey look like fools. Joey is SO jealous over Dawson and Gretchen and Pacey knows it. It is so obvious. Pacey looks so pathetic in this one, given Joey's jealousy and his family ripping him apart. Not saying his family was anything special but Pacey deserved every ounce of pain and suffering in this one.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh I loathed that so much as well. Whenever they sleep together for the first time... another cringeworthy moment. I don’t even care that they slept together. What bothers me is that Joey looked like she endured assault the next day. It was bizarre. Then there was Pacey chomping on the chips asking her if he was any good. What a joke. How do you like this couple and find this episode hopeful? It was trash.

These terrible scenes are why I never thought in a million years they would end up together. PJ might have been Stupin’s pride and joy but he never wrote them with depth or any sort of long-term potential.
Exactly. The only episode of Dawson's Creek that I never watched, and never will watch, is A Winter's Tale, because I knew from spoilers that Pacey was going to sleep with Joey in that episode, but I did watch the episode that followed it and that you described Michelle, and it turned my stomach.

Old 03-10-2020, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyOiler35 (View Post)
But thats when they are the cutest together! LOL
That's what the P/Jers thought anyway!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread