Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
The season three Pacey was cruel. He really screwed Andie over season three and the incident that really got me was when he told Andie it would be an honour to take her to the prom and first chance he has, dances with Joey,

I'll never forget he shot of Andie standing there watching them dance.

It's so obvious the only reason he asked Andie was to get up with Joey. Then there's the incident where he sleeps with Andie and dumps her.

I have to admit that I half way enjoyed Joey making him miserable, but I also remembered what Pacey once was with Andie.
It's so funny that PJers are okay with "their perfect Pacey" being a manipulative prick with both Andie and Dawson. He was absolutely horrible in season 3... cruel, calculating, manipulative. You explained above what he did to Andie. What he did to Andie is 100 times worse than Andie, in her psychological state slipping up away trying to heal. 100 times worse. He also went behind Dawson's back with Joey. He even used Dawson's Aunt to be with Joey. It was repulsive.

Pacey was a very bad person in season 3. Season 4, he was a wimpy, complaining moron. I never even liked Pacey the rest of the series to be honest. When he lost Dawson's money... another major moronic move. His little fling with Joey, absolutely ridiculous.

The only thing would have gotten me to like Pacey again would have been Pacey reuniting with Andie or on the path to reuniting with her. When Pacey was with Andie... it was the best version of Pacey. Any other version, no thanks.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Pacey's finest moments after season two were both with Andie. The Graduate; When he finally truly forgives Andie (season four)

At the end of the show season six; when he acknowledges his debt to Andie [I wonder why they cut the scene out of the TV version?]
Old 09-21-2019, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everything with Andie had to be ignored or watered down for stupid, wrong, PJ.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

I know, LOL, I was being sarcastic, or trying to be.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know, haha.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I will never get over the wasted potential of this series. I wonder if Kevin realizes as much.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:23 PM
Extreme Fan

The following was taken from the P/J thread on the couples forum.

Quote:
Dawson and Joey had no chemistry but what made them worse was that Dawson always acted like he owned Joey (and her virginity too, which still creeps me out) and she didn't evolve or grow with him. P/J had a lot of chemistry plus they did grow and evolve together. Their relationship in S4 was adult and REAL, and it molded them together as endgame.

The part of the quote that really gets me laughing. [ Their relationship in season 4 was adult and real, and it molded them together as end game.]

Wow this person has large problem with reality. Anyone with common sense and a grip on reality would understand that Promicide was meant to be the end of P/J forever. How could anyone in a logical thought think that season 4 foreshadowed end game. The part about molded together gets me also. Never has a couple proven themselves to be so totally incompatible and so self immolated as P/J.

If the poster thinks P/J in season 4 was a wonderful relationship; I hate to see the one he/she is in.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Great points, Tony.

I just don't understand how anyone sees season 4 PJ as anything but unhealthy and a demonstration of two people not meant to be together long term.

To be honest, I can buy the theory that Dawson was a bit overbearing. He did freak out a bit concerning Joey. A lot of it was due to Joey being wishy-washy, saying one thing, and doing another. But Dawson/Joey made each other better people. He came back to reality and Joey was less negative. They balanced each other out.

We actually had Joey making a fool out of Pacey in front of college people just to make herself feel better. Joey was okay with Pacey practically flunking out of high school just as long as she was the "better one" in the unhealthy relationship. They were a disaster and like you said, season 4 was proving a point... a point PJ fans missed.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just can't believe how the series is literally cut in two... Seasons 1/2 was actually Dawson's Creek. Seasons 3-6 = some soapy off the wall version that dropped in quality by 100%.

Does Kevin Williamson not realize this? Does he care? What about Stupin? Does he actually believe he did a good job after Kevin left? Even Berlanti? He has to be proud of the unique high quality creation of Everwood but what about Dawson's Creek when he was heavily involved and maybe even responsible for turning the series upside down after suggesting PJ?
Old 09-29-2019, 08:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I just can't believe how the series is literally cut in two... Seasons 1/2 was actually Dawson's Creek. Seasons 3-6 = some soapy off the wall version that dropped in quality by 100%.

Does Kevin Williamson not realize this? Does he care? What about Stupin? Does he actually believe he did a good job after Kevin left? Even Berlanti? He has to be proud of the unique high quality creation of Everwood but what about Dawson's Creek when he was heavily involved and maybe even responsible for turning the series upside down after suggesting PJ?
I agree. It's like watching two different shows connected by the same time.

Berlanti realized his mistake and admitted the show should have ended Dawson / Joey. He also went on to do Everwood that was perfect; except one minor glitch in my opinion. Bright cheating on Hannah. It was not needed and did nothing for the series.

Kevin Williamson has not admitted his mistake. He must know it in his heart though.

I thought he did in his "E" online interview when he he said Pacey and Joey would be divorced, but then he ends the interview with the following "I think we would sort of have to watch them fall in love all over again as middle-aged adults."

I totally misunderstood the interview, the first time I read the article. Finally, I said to myself, he admits his mistake. Actually he didn't and it puzzles me why he keeps on touting the most dysfunctional couple in the history of television. I can't think of any couple as screwed up as P/J. Also he never envisioned P/J till halfway through writing the series end. I'm sure Stupin and the network had some thing to with it.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree. It's like watching two different shows connected by the same time.
I've never encountered any other series to come close to this reality. Dawson's Creek ended right after the finale of 2. 3.1 was a new series.

The funny part is many PJers believe seasons 1/2 had issues and seasons 3-6 were great, LOL. Yes, many have made this argument before.

Quote:
Berlanti realized his mistake and admitted the show should have ended Dawson / Joey. He also went on to do Everwood that was perfect; except one minor glitch in my opinion. Bright cheating on Hannah. It was not needed and did nothing for the series.
Very true.

I also hated that Bright cheated on Hannah. Granted, the physical part of their relationship was going to be a problem eventually. However, I found it really out of character for Bright to cheat, nevertheless.

Quote:
Kevin Williamson has not admitted his mistake. He must know it in his heart though.

I thought he did in his "E" online interview when he he said Pacey and Joey would be divorced, but then he ends the interview with the following "I think we would sort of have to watch them fall in love all over again as middle-aged adults."

I totally misunderstood the interview, the first time I read the article. Finally, I said to myself, he admits his mistake. Actually he didn't and it puzzles me why he keeps on touting the most dysfunctional couple in the history of television. I can't think of any couple as screwed up as P/J. Also he never envisioned P/J till halfway through writing the series end. I'm sure Stupin and the network had some thing to with it.
I loved the divorced part too, but it was ruined after he said that about eventually reuniting. Just insane on Kevin's end. His very own mother was disappointed in the ending. I believe he just felt guilty he left and went with Stupid's lame ending idea. I would be surprised if Kevin has watched even 25% of seasons 3-6. He's probably watched the finales (if that) and nothing else.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Pacey's finest moments after season two were both with Andie. The Graduate; When he finally truly forgives Andie (season four)

At the end of the show season six; when he acknowledges his debt to Andie [I wonder why they cut the scene out of the TV version?]
Yes andie doesn't have a dawson on her mind. Thats the reason they are the best.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Pacey and Andie were pure, real and so beautiful.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:59 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree.

Which is why once I realized what happened, and it made no sense to me, I did quite a bit of searching around to figure out why. It took a few years but I put together what I think is a fairly accurate reasons why they were destroyed. I have posted my take on the reasons her and on the Dawson Creek forum.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree.

Which is why once I realized what happened, and it made no sense to me, I did quite a bit of searching around to figure out why. It took a few years but I put together what I think is a fairly accurate reasons why they were destroyed. I have posted my take on the reasons her and on the Dawson Creek forum.
You have. But I would love to see the reasons/your research/findings again. Please feel free to share once again!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread