Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
The Pacey and Tamara affair was the only part of Season One Dawson's Creek that I didn't like. I also didn't like how cruel Joey was to Jen.

Funny story: I'm working on a bid right now, and in the customer master for the customer that I'm doing the bid to, one of the ship to addresses is Dawson Creek Site, Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada. LOL!
That’s so funny!

My guess is Williamson was thinking of Mary Kay Letourneau. That entire real life nightmare took place shortly before Dawson's Creek went on air. So Kevin decided to do his own version (with a slightly older boy). Even the actress who played Tamara slightly looked like Mary Kay Letourneau.

I didn’t like Joey’s treatment of Jen either. Initially it made sense... feeling insecure about a pretty NYC worldly girl her childhood best friend she liked was smitten with. But after it became crystal clear Jen was very nice and she had no reason to feel threatened, she not only should have stopped the behavior, but she should have apologized to Jen.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-14-2019 at 05:12 PM
Old 07-15-2019, 09:48 AM
Extreme Fan

I have no idea why they had Pacey have a affair with Tamara. Most likely KW wanted to cash in on the real affair mentioned earlier in this thread. I also think there was a spate of teachers seducing their students at this time. Any way it was a plot line done in poor taste and added nothing to the series.

You know how P/J'ers go on about how Pacey and Joey were foreshadowed from season one. I'm thinking Joey's relationship with Jen foreshadowed what a b i t c h she would become.

It's a testament to Joshua Jackson, and Leann Hunley's acting that the story line came off as well as it did and the charge of statuary rape never came up. Ironically if the roles were reversed; the series most likely would have been thrown off the air.
Life Unexpected [starring Kerr Smith] [He was not the teacher who was involved] danced around the subject, but as far as I remember the act was never consummated The series Pretty Little Liars had a older male teacher having an affair with a under aged female student. As far as I know; that relationship did not cause a large amount of outcry. Times do change.

Even though seasons one and two are my favourite Dawson Creek seasons, both were actually flawed. Season one Pacey's affair, and season two; the D/J break up for a BS reason To be alone to find herself, Joey wasted no time hooking up with Jack.

To his credit Greg Berlanti learned from the Dawson Creek the almost fatal mistakes that were made. Some of them was his doing.

Everwood by far was the superior series. He proved you could have plenty of drama without ruining a character, or forcing a character, who was popular, off the series.

I've rambled long enough.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I have no idea why they had Pacey have a affair with Tamara. Most likely KW wanted to cash in on the real affair mentioned earlier in this thread. I also think there was a spate of teachers seducing their students at this time. Any way it was a plot line done in poor taste and added nothing to the series.

You know how P/J'ers go on about how Pacey and Joey were foreshadowed from season one. I'm thinking Joey's relationship with Jen foreshadowed what a b i t c h she would become.

It's a testament to Joshua Jackson, and Leann Hunley's acting that the story line came off as well as it did and the charge of statuary rape never came up. Ironically if the roles were reversed; the series most likely would have been thrown off the air.
Life Unexpected [starring Kerr Smith] [He was not the teacher who was involved] danced around the subject, but as far as I remember the act was never consummated The series Pretty Little Liars had a older male teacher having an affair with a under aged female student. As far as I know; that relationship did not cause a large amount of outcry. Times do change.
I watched PLL. It is based on a book series. In the books the Ezra/Aria relationship is depicted as 100% wrong and Ezra actually goes to prison. On the TV series they get married.... quite a difference.

Quote:
Even though seasons one and two are my favourite Dawson Creek seasons, both were actually flawed. Season one Pacey's affair, and season two; the D/J break up for a BS reason To be alone to find herself, Joey wasted no time hooking up with Jack.

To his credit Greg Berlanti learned from the Dawson Creek the almost fatal mistakes that were made. Some of them was his doing.
He most certainly did. It’s obvious how much he went out of his way to do Everwood the anti-Dawson’s Creek way.

Quote:
Everwood by far was the superior series. He proved you could have plenty of drama without ruining a character, or forcing a character, who was popular, off the series.

I've rambled long enough.
Greg Berlanti definitely turned things around with Everwood. He’s had huge success ever since.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Williamson was definitely alluding to the Mary Kay Letourneau scandal when he introduced the Pacey and Tamara affair. I guess that he wanted something sensationalistic on the show to get it attention. That was the only Season One story that that I didn’t like.

The only story I truly liked in Season Two was the Pacey and Andie romance. I hated what was done to Dawson and Joey, and I hated how that season ended.

Looking back, I should have stopped watching the show after Season Two ended.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-16-2019, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I wish I would've stopped right after two seasons as well. Those next four seasons were filled with unrealistic crap coupled with baiting and teasing the DJ and PA shippers.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

so I was rooting around here and found the couples forum and stumbled across the Pacey and Joey thread. The amount of stuff they say there especially about Dawson and Andie being hypocrite and self righteous. Also saying that it was Dawson's fault that P/J fell in love because he asked Pacey to look after Joey.

Thinking about commenting to stir some things up like how such a good guy Pacey was and how he was stalking Joey, how he himself cheated not once but twice!( later one) ..

I think the people that write in there or are still in love with P/J are 15-20 years olds lol

I joined a Facebook group that is supposed to be about Dawson's Creek but the majority of post thats I have seen are P/J

Can't escape those two no matter where I go LOL
Old 07-17-2019, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyOiler35 (View Post)
so I was rooting around here and found the couples forum and stumbled across the Pacey and Joey thread. The amount of stuff they say there especially about Dawson and Andie being hypocrite and self righteous. Also saying that it was Dawson's fault that P/J fell in love because he asked Pacey to look after Joey.

Thinking about commenting to stir some things up like how such a good guy Pacey was and how he was stalking Joey, how he himself cheated not once but twice!( later one) ..

I think the people that write in there or are still in love with P/J are 15-20 years olds lol

I joined a Facebook group that is supposed to be about Dawson's Creek but the majority of post thats I have seen are P/J

Pacey/Joey fandom has always been Internet popular but when you compare them to the general fanbase, they are not the majority. The vast majority of the fandom are DJ and PA fans. But many were very smart and left after it was obvious season 3 took a nosedive in quality and the series wasn't the same. We know this because the ratings also took a nosedive. So Pacey/Joey fans might think they are the popular ship but they are not. Internet is only a speck compared to the massive number of non-Internet fans.

Way back in the day (years ago when the show was live) I asked Pacey/Joey fans how they would feel if they were Dawson and Pacey/Joey did what they did to them. Of course I received the dishonest, fake responses of they would be happy for Pacey/Joey and step aside. BS. We know that's BS. In real life if this ever happened to any of them, they would be livid and devastated.

Not only can they not debate true facts from the show (since they lose), but you cannot have an honest conversation with them.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Well, you'll never see any pro Pacey and Joey posts on this thread. Michelle and I can guarantee that!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-17-2019, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Well, you'll never see any pro Pacey and Joey posts on this thread. Michelle and I can guarantee that!
100%!
Old 07-17-2019, 10:33 PM
Extreme Fan

The Dawson Creek forum on IMDB was becoming Pacey and Andie. A good number of the P/A advocates were ex-P/Jers. Most of them stated that they were strong P/Jers when younger, but as they grew older; they saw what a farce P/J was, and how P/A seemed more natural and a much warmer.

Several years ago I tried an experiment. On Youtube there two clips by the same person. one was top 20 P/J moments and the top 20 P/A moments. So I asked five people, who never watched Dawson Creek, to look at both videos and pick the one that they thought was the best relationship. Pacey / Andie won five to zero. Most of them pointed out that P/A seemed more loving, warmer, and surprisingly more relaxed around each other. The P/J comments were as follows. Why was the girl so angry, why she always had a scowl on her face, and one person hated the way she spoke out of one side of her mouth. Even though both clips were supposed to be loving moments; Joey's anger and up-tightness was evident.

I wish when IMDB shut down the forums they left the posts up. Some of them were awesome.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

... which goes along with the reality that the vast majority of PJ fans were very young when they shipped them and immaturity and shall I say, crushes on Josh Jackson were in play. The actual story was secondary.

Interesting experiment.

I wish I would have seen the IMDB posts.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Jerry I think I have read a fanfiction or two of yours. One is Ghost( think you posted it some where on here) the other is Story Of Soulmates although not really a fanfiction. But both were very well written.

I have been reading a lot of fanfiction lately and am, enjoying them found a few good sites that have mainly Dawson and Joey stuff. I just hate when they are not complete LOL
Old 07-18-2019, 02:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Jerry I think I have read a fanfiction or two of yours. One is Ghost( think you posted it some where on here) the other is Story Of Soulmates although not really a fanfiction. But both were very well written.

I have been reading a lot of fanfiction lately and am, enjoying them found a few good sites that have mainly Dawson and Joey stuff. I just hate when they are not complete LOL
I'm curious; have you ever read my fanfiction?

The link will take you to what I consider my best P/A fanfic

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9279241...-is-The-Hunter
Old 07-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Should be interesting:

Dawson's Creek's Kerr Smith Cast as Riverdale's New Principal
Old 07-22-2019, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)

I saw this and got really excited. Maybe it's just me, I never think that the DC actors aren't old enough for these kind of mature roles I always think of Kerr Smith as a college student, despite the gray hair lol
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread