Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2019, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyOiler35 (View Post)
Just watching some Dawson and Joey fan vids on You Tube. All the P/Jers say the same thing, he bought her a wall, he remembers everything etc. But I guess that they forgot how he stalked her by going to Aunt Gwen's house by following her there, or how he sulked and pouted when she was singing with Dawson, Or how he got jealous of her date with AJ, Or how about the creepiness of him watching her sleep??? Or how bout the fact that they were both sneaking around Dawson back for a month or so??,, So if Dawson and Joey weren't together and they could do what they wanted why the sneaking around. They both knew what they were doing was wrong.
People always bring up how whiny Dawson was or controlling or how he gave Joey an ultimatum to choose. Heck if that was me, it would be more than an ultimatum thats for sure. Neither would be back on my friends list for a very long long time , if back on it at all.
It still to this day bothers the heck out of me how it ended, I cant even watch season 3 at all ( with the exception of a few eps here and there). They need to come clean and say that they messed up the finale and do a reboot to fix what they broke.
Amen. Agree with you completely.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyOiler35 (View Post)
Just watching some Dawson and Joey fan vids on You Tube. All the P/Jers say the same thing, he bought her a wall, he remembers everything etc. But I guess that they forgot how he stalked her by going to Aunt Gwen's house by following her there, or how he sulked and pouted when she was singing with Dawson, Or how he got jealous of her date with AJ, Or how about the creepiness of him watching her sleep??? Or how bout the fact that they were both sneaking around Dawson back for a month or so??,, So if Dawson and Joey weren't together and they could do what they wanted why the sneaking around. They both knew what they were doing was wrong.
People always bring up how whiny Dawson was or controlling or how he gave Joey an ultimatum to choose. Heck if that was me, it would be more than an ultimatum thats for sure. Neither would be back on my friends list for a very long long time , if back on it at all.
It still to this day bothers the heck out of me how it ended, I cant even watch season 3 at all ( with the exception of a few eps here and there). They need to come clean and say that they messed up the finale and do a reboot to fix what they broke.
Actually KW finally admitted his mistake when said on a E-online interview; that if he was to write a movie, Pacey and Joey would be divorced.

I agree with you about season three, actually except for a few episodes, the rest of the show sucked.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Kevin also said TVD ending should’ve been SE. Wasted words for both shows because he shouldn’t have bailed on them. But at least he admitted both endings for his main romantic pairings didn’t happen and he wished they would have.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I watched Pretty Little Liars faithfully. I love that TV series. I’ve read some of the books as well (it’s based on a book series). The cast had amazing chemistry. Ashley, Shay, Troian, Lucy... they shined together. Show had great mystery, unbelievable cast chemistry, the writing wasn’t always superb but certainly good enough. Marlene King, Creator, made sure the right pairings ended up together. Even now during the spinoff series, The Perfectionists, Marlene King is giving us glimpses of their lives via phone calls and text messsges (a couple cast members are on the show) and if a season two happens, most of the PLL cast might all be returning to guest star and direct as well.

Point is, even a show like PLL, the Creator made sure the story that was told for 7 years allowed the right pairings to receive happy endings. That’s what a good Creator does, making sure the story fits the endings for each character. She also never bailed on the show. She was present throughout the entire series. 7 years, 160 episodes, she never bailed. She was writing a ton of episodes, too. She was loyal, faithful. That is so important.

Kevin was the exact opposite.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Kevin also said TVD ending should’ve been SE. Wasted words for both shows because he shouldn’t have bailed on them. But at least he admitted both endings for his main romantic pairings didn’t happen and he wished they would have.
Right. It doesn't matter what he says, because it's all phony lip service. He walked away from both his shows and left it in the hands of people who destroyed his vision and the premise that the shows were based on, and he didn't care. I'm glad that he's basically a has-been now and so is Paul Stupin.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-22-2019, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Right. It doesn't matter what he says, because it's all phony lip service. He walked away from both his shows and left it in the hands of people who destroyed his vision and the premise that the shows were based on, and he didn't care. I'm glad that he's basically a has-been now and so is Paul Stupin.
Precisely, Jerry. He makes himself look even worse by admitting both series didn’t end how he wanted them to. Has Paul Stupin done anything significant since Dawson’s Creek? He was handed the keys to a show and flopped. It affected his future opportunities as well.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

The last time Paul S.tupin has done anything is 2017
Old 05-23-2019, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Doesn’t surprise me. I remember when the Dawson’s Creek series finale reviews came out. He was in charge and attached to the failure. He’s probably envious of Greg Berlanti’s success.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:43 PM
Administrator

What's sadly ironic about this is that in 1998, I bought a Dawson's Creek Scrapbook that was devoted to the show, and in it, Kevin Williamson said the following:

Quote:
Dawson's Creek is my true love. It combines all the memories of my childhood (and a lot of the memories the writers and I created to make it more exciting - because nobody's life is that exciting) with the kind of storytelling that I always hope to be a part of. We plan to continue their journey for as long as we can, because it would be a shame to miss out on any of it.
After all that, though, he walked away from his own show and he did miss out on all of it, and Dawson's Creek went from being the self-proclaimed "Next Generation of Television" to a crap teen melodrama.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-28-2019, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
What's sadly ironic about this is that in 1998, I bought a Dawson's Creek Scrapbook that was devoted to the show, and in it, Kevin Williamson said the following:

After all that, though, he walked away from his own show and he did miss out on all of it, and Dawson's Creek went from being the self-proclaimed "Next Generation of Television" to a crap teen melodrama.
Incredible! Everything he claimed, he did the complete opposite. The exact opposite of his supposed feelings is what he went with. Wow.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Incredible! Everything he claimed, he did the complete opposite. The exact opposite of his supposed feelings is what he went with. Wow.
I know. What a hypocrite he turned out to be.

On a side note, I just caught a few minutes of a show on FX called Fosse/Verdon, where Michelle Williams plays Gwen Verdon, who was a dancer and an acclaimed performer on Broadway in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. Her resemblance to Gwen Verdon is uncanny, and she sounds just like her. She's an incredibly talented actress whose talent was largely unappreciated and wasted on that show, because the producers gave all the attention to Katie Holmes, who can't even come close to Michelle Williams' talent.

Old 05-29-2019, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I know. What a hypocrite he turned out to be.

On a side note, I just caught a few minutes of a show on FX called Fosse/Verdon, where Michelle Williams plays Gwen Verdon, who was a dancer and an acclaimed performer on Broadway in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. Her resemblance to Gwen Verdon is uncanny, and she sounds just like her. She's an incredibly talented actress whose talent was largely unappreciated and wasted on that show, because the producers gave all the attention to Katie Holmes, who can't even come close to Michelle Williams' talent.
So true, Jerry. I think TPTB knew this which is why they never gave Michelle any significant storyline as Jen. They refused to allow Michelle to shine because it would’ve made Katie look bad. Katie was the IT girl and they couldn’t allow anyone or anything to threaten this fact.

Michelle Williams is in the same rare category as Emily VanCamp. We were lucky on Everwood to be able to see Emily’s talent such as during Amy’s season 2 depression storyline. I wonder if Katie realizes all TPTB sacrificed for her. I still can’t believe they were dumb enough to go there. TPTB tossed Michelle aside so she wouldn’t make Katie look bad in the talent department and they went against the premise and main pairings (DJ and PA) so they could pair their IT girl with the charming Josh Jackson (she temporarily dated) in order to pimp Katie all the more. It was so nauseating.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:09 PM
Extreme Fan

All the rivals of Katie were destroyed.

The following is most likely what happened.

Michelle Williams probably had a six year contract, which is standard for most actors starting a series. To expensive to cancel; so they decided to ignore her. Michelle was supposed to be the lead actress of the series, but for some reason Katie was made the lead actress. you can see ths in the order of credits seasons one and two.

Meredith was only a guest star season two and most likely given a two year contract for seasons three and four. Which is why her name stayed in the credits for the remainder of season four. She was fairly cheap to get rid of. But they really had to kiss her butt for her to come back for the graduation episode. Meredith was highly pissed she was let go. I bet the deciding factor was a phone call from Joshua Jackson.

Busy Phillips was also most likely on a two year contract, and I bet if there was a season seven, you would have another lady love for Joshua Jackson. If she got to popular she would have met some sort of horrible fate.

Let's see; Andie went nuts, Audrey became an alcoholic, the next girl most likely would have become a Heroin addict or became pregnant with triplets, by some one other than Pacey, maybe Jack , LOL how ironic.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think you’re totally accurate, Tony. Just reading your post has my stomach in a knot. If I knew all of this before even season 2 hit I would’ve bailed. If this show took place in the present, we would have been Nancy Drew figuring out precisely what was going on immediately. Probably by the end of season 1 we would have had a very good idea of what was happening. Back when the show was live I had no idea they even fired Meredith. I just didn’t follow social media that closely minus forums discussing the show in general. I just figured Meredith wanted to move on. I didn’t know specifically because I didn’t suspect anything dirty going on. I bet Meredith was furious that she returned to film series finale scenes and they didn’t even use them. What a freaking joke. It just burns me up. I wish Josh would have fought to get those scenes in there. I find it hilarious that Katie was asked about a reunion or revival and she was not too keen on the possibility. Really? The WB and TPTB treated you like the Queen of England and you know it. She should want to give back given how she was treated like royalty in such an unnecessary way.

I remember hearing about Michelle and Katie not being close at all off the screen. Michelle and Busy are like best friends even now. I will bet Michelle understood what was going on from day one, she probably just didn’t like Katie in general, and kept her distance from all the BS.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-29-2019 at 04:26 PM
Old 05-29-2019, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Dawson's Creek was one of the first shows that used the Internet as a marketing tool, (the Official Website even had an interactive tool on it called Dawson's Desktop which would continue the story between episodes) and Katie Holmes was one of the first stars of the show that became popular on the Internet, as people started websites devoted to her and adolescent boys would drool over her pictures. Fan Forum got it's start with a Dawson's Creek Website called Dawson's Creek Headlines and the Dawson's Creek Forum was the first forum that we had here, which was pretty unique 20 years ago. As such, it was one of the first shows that used Internet Polls to gauge the popularity of storylines, and the Pacey and Joey fans would rig those polls to make Pacey and Joey seem a lot more popular than they were, and Paul Stupin would pay attention to those polls. The Internet audience may have liked Katie Holmes and Pacey and Joey, but the general viewing audience didn't like them, and ratings went down. Originally, the Dawson's Creek board had a mixture of older fans and younger fans, and back then, most of the people who posted here liked Dawson and Joey, but then we got "invaded" by a bunch of Pacey and Joey fans, and the show and the Dawson's Creek board here were never the same and a lot of the original fans left and they were mostly replaced by girls in their late teens and early twenties who had the hots for Josh Jackson and the Dawson's Creek board here became a war zone. Many of the Pacey and Joey fans were mean spirited and cruel, and they ruined the posting atmosphere here and they tried to get me removed as the Dawson's Creek board moderator and banned from Fan Forum, but I hung in there and I'm still here.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread