Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2019, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Sounds exactly like Dawson’s Creek Part II!
Exactly. I'll never watch anything he's involved with again.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Exactly. I'll never watch anything he's involved with again.
Ditto.

It’s interesting because he ditched those shows supposedly for a film career, right? He hasn’t really made it big. Some popular horrors but nothing academy award winning. He’s not Steven Spielberg. He’s better on the small screen. Apparently he doesn’t realize it or care.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ditto.

It’s interesting because he ditched those shows supposedly for a film career, right? He hasn’t really made it big. Some popular horrors but nothing academy award winning. He’s not Steven Spielberg. He’s better on the small screen. Apparently he doesn’t realize it or care.
His film career has been sporadic. He's mostly known for the Scream Movies and I Know What You Did Last Summer, but that was over 20 years ago. He also left Dawson's Creek to create the show Wasteland, which was cancelled after 3 episodes, and Glory Days, which was cancelled after 9 episodes.

Similarly, after finally achieving success with The Vampire Diaries, he left the show after the 3rd Season to create The Secret Circle which only lasted one season, and since then he's created other shows that tanked and were quickly cancelled. He doesn't seem to learn his lesson about sticking with something successful and seeing his creation through to a satisfying conclusion.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
His film career has been sporadic. He's mostly known for the Scream Movies and I Know What You Did Last Summer, but that was over 20 years ago. He also left Dawson's Creek to create the show Wasteland, which was cancelled after 3 episodes, and Glory Days, which was cancelled after 9 episodes.

Similarly, after finally achieving success with The Vampire Diaries, he left the show after the 3rd Season to create The Secret Circle which only lasted one season, and since then he's created other shows that tanked and were quickly cancelled. He doesn't seem to learn his lesson about sticking with something successful and seeing his creation through to a satisfying conclusion.
It doesn’t make any sense. It reminds me of a painter halfway through a masterpiece abruptly dropping the paint and brushes, walking away and allowing others to finish the rest. What exists will be altered and unrecognizable. You don’t do that!

You can tell Greg Berlanti learned from his buddy’s mistakes. He doesn’t do that to any of his shows. He let Rina M lead Everwood season 3 but not before being there to construct how season 3 would evolve from start to finish. He was back in 4.1 until the very end. He has endless shows now and is never far away. The Flash has his touch at all times.

Greg Berlanti also ended up being much more successful than Kevin Williamson. I bet Kevin doesn’t understand why either yet it’s easy math.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:36 AM
Extreme Fan

The following is an indication of success

Both Kevin Williamson and Greg Berlanti have been very successful there is a large gap between their net worth.

KW...55 million

GB...200 million

KW is a great success. but GB is easily the greater success by far.

Most likely due to GB finishing what he started.

Now if one of them made a movie reuniting D/J and P/A.

For Jerry; as a fellow writer of fanfic. excellent story. You could see and feel the emotion in your words.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yep, that's what I was saying above. Berlanti cares about ALL of his projects and he never abandoned one of them. Not one. It is absolutely why the guy is ultra successful and let's face it, can run circles around his buddy, Kevin.

Read the last two links I provided on his thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f104/greg-be...l#post97423229

He is big time. It's all due to hard work, loyalty, dedication, not to mention, amazing talent.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, is there a way to link your amazing story in the OP?
Old 05-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
For Jerry; as a fellow writer of fanfic. excellent story. You could see and feel the emotion in your words.
Thanks Tony! Coming from you especially, that's a great compliment!

Quote:
Jerry, is there a way to link your amazing story in the OP?
I just did it. Thanks Michelle!

Old 05-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks Tony! Coming from you especially, that's a great compliment!

I just did it. Thanks Michelle!
Perfect! Thanks!
Old 05-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Jerry.

Have you read my fanfic [Fate Is The Hunter]?

I consider it my best P/A fanfic.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Jerry.

Have you read my fanfic [Fate Is The Hunter]?

I consider it my best P/A fanfic.
I just read it and it was wonderful Tony! I loved it! I also loved how you brought Gail into it at the end. Well done!

Old 05-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Pacey was such a tool and so cringey after he and Joey had sex for the first time! So uncomfortable too watch. Should be a pretty good day, but still brings up Dawson. Both he and Joey were more concerned about what Dawson was doing than Dawson was of them..
Old 05-11-2019, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyOiler35 (View Post)
Pacey was such a tool and so cringey after he and Joey had sex for the first time! So uncomfortable too watch. Should be a pretty good day, but still brings up Dawson. Both he and Joey were more concerned about what Dawson was doing than Dawson was of them..
Pacey/Joey's first time was laughable and cringe worthy-pathetic. Pacey chomping on those chips = fingers down the chalkboard. He looked so stupid, insecure, and ridiculous. They were so unhealthy. That was the theme of season 4 Pacey/Joey... unhealthy. Season 4 demonstrated how not meant to be they truly were. Dawson was always brought up. Joey couldn't let go of Dawson and Pacey knew it. Pacey knew Joey was still in love with Dawson. Dawson was doing his best to move on (and succeeding), he gave them space and left them alone. It was Pacey/Joey always bringing Dawson back into it.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Jerry...Thank you.

I've said this before. After having sex with Andie for the first time, both were happy and there was no discussion of how did I do

After sex with Joey they both were miserable.. Joey feeling gulity that it was not with Dawson, and Pacey realizing it.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The point to showing Pacey worrying about how good he was connected to his chronic insecurity and misery being with Joey. From the moment they got off the boat in 4.1 Pacey was an insecure mess. He didn’t feel right being with Joey. Grades slipped as he kept sinking as a whole. Like he said at the prom, and here’s the exchange:

Quote:
Pacey : You want me to take off the happy mask? Then happy mask is off. So, now answer me this one question Joey, why are you with me? Why are you with me? Cause I don't know why I'm still with you. I used to know, but now I don't anymore. What I do know, I feel like I'm Josephine Potter's little charity project. I feel like I'm the designated loser...

Joey : This isn't about me...

Pacey : No, it is about you. It's about you and how you make me feel when I'm with you! I feel like I'm stupid, I'm worthless, I'm never right! You know what I realize? It's not my fault! When I'm with you it's "poor Pacey, he didn't get into college," or "stupid Pacey forgot the limo, he ripped my dress, he messed up the corsage.

Joey : I told you I don't care about any of that.

Pacey : But I want you to care! I don't want you to accept it like it's supposed to be. We are not trapped on this boat. You and I are trapped in this relationship! I can't take it anymore Joey. When I'm with you, I feel like I'm nothing. That's why I flinch when you touch me. That's why I never touch you, why I never think about it. Because when I do, it just reminds me that I'm not good enough.

Joey : You done?

Pacey : No, I'm just getting started.

Joey : Well, you can stop right now. You can go to hell!
All year he felt like this. Even after sleeping with Joey he felt like this. He literally was in an internal hell.

Season 4 PJ was a disaster as we repeatedly were reminded that they were not right together. I have no idea how PJ fans see a healthy relationship. They missed what the writers were spelling out in big bold letters.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread