Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2018, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Yep. If Jerry circles around here in the near future and sees our discussion, he can comment on this.
yes he told us about roxy who tried to get him fired.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
yes he told us about roxy who tried to get him fired.
Precisely. Awful. So if that happened, you know what the fanbase was capable of, unfortunately.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Precisely. Awful. So if that happened, you know what the fanbase was capable of, unfortunately.
yes what pj was capable of. fighting about dawson and feeling like nothing. Thats on eof the anti threads title.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
yes what pj was capable of. fighting about dawson and feeling like nothing. Thats on eof the anti threads title.
Great point, Rachel.

Seriously, if PJ = healthy and happy ... most people would never want to enter a romantic relationship.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:33 AM
Extreme Fan

What surprises me is there isn't more Jack and Joey supporters. Out of the three boys their relationship seemed the most normal.

Plus Jack wouldn't put up with Joey's crap. I think th3e show would have been more interesting if they kept Jack straight, as originally planned,

Left Pacey with Andie and Dawson's best friend, instead of pitting best friends against each other, and having Pacey romance a girl he was ill-suited to be with.

Just think of the dilemma Pacey would have had. A girl romanced by his best friend and his girlfriends brother.

Kevin Williamson wrote a beautiful romance in regards to Pacey and Andie; easily one of the best on TV.

I think it shows how far out the writers of season three were with the original premise of the show; not the fact that they broke Pacey and Andie, but how they did it. I"m sure they would have made up eventually.......Also the source of many good plots.

I may be in the minority, but season two was Pacey and Andie. 1.4 million viewers also thought the same thing, or the majority of them did.

Last edited by TL22; 11-25-2018 at 07:37 AM Reason: spelling and typing
Old 11-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
What surprises me is there isn't more Jack and Joey supporters. Out of the three boys their relationship seemed the most normal.

Plus Jack wouldn't put up with Joey's crap. I think th3e show would have been more interesting if they kept Jack straight, as originally planned,
His sexuality played a large part obviously.

But for me... as a diehard DJ fan, I was so pissed at Joey turning to Jack after finally getting her dream of being with Dawson romantically. It was sloppy and so stupid how she told Dawson it was overwhelming, she needed to find herself, only to find Jack. I think a lot of people were turned off by based on how it was constructed. Joey looked like a moron.

Quote:
Left Pacey with Andie and Dawson's best friend, instead of pitting best friends against each other, and having Pacey romance a girl he was ill-suited to be with.

Just think of the dilemma Pacey would have had. A girl romanced by his best friend and his girlfriends brother.
What TPTB did to the Dawson/Pacey friendship was despicable. I just think TPTB got off on the shipper wars. They didn't care about actually keeping their characters pure and genuine. They loved fan wars... they even expressed happiness talking about all the drama and fighting. It was bizarre.

Quote:
Kevin Williamson wrote a beautiful romance in regards to Pacey and Andie; easily one of the best on TV.
Yes he did.

Quote:
I think it shows how far out the writers of season three were with the original premise of the show; not the fact that they broke Pacey and Andie, but how they did it. I"m sure they would have made up eventually.......Also the source of many good plots.
When Kevin left, the other mains wanted power and control. They were okay with ripping away Kevin's premise and two main pairings in favor of making it their own. I am convinced they sacrificed quality in order to gain power and recreate their own story. It failed miserably. The show turned into a circus.

Quote:
I may be in the minority, but season two was Pacey and Andie. 1.4 million viewers also thought the same thing, or the majority of them did.
Ratings reflected what the largest part of the fanbase wanted... news flash... it wasn't Pacey/Joey.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

why does joey find out from dawson that pacey's failing? yes mitch has a big mouth but stil... why didn't pacey tell her? whats with 4.02?
Old 11-26-2018, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
why does joey find out from dawson that pacey's failing? yes mitch has a big mouth but stil... why didn't pacey tell her? whats with 4.02?
Lies, deception, manipulation, the definition of unhealthy = PJ.

All of Andie's influence on Pacey vanished the second he made the choice to pursue a relationship with Joey.

Joey lying to Pacey about still having strong romantic feelings for Dawson.

They kept hidden truths, reality away from each other.

I'm shocked it took the Prom for it all to blow up. In the real world, they wouldn't have lasted even that long.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

how dare he yell at gretchen?
Old 11-27-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ohhhh that bothered me so much.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
'm shocked it took the Prom for it all to blow up. In the real world, they wouldn't have lasted even that long

If I was Joeys boyfriend I would have most likely broke up with her first day ashore; when it seemed all she wanted to do was see her ex-boyfriend.

If my memory is correct didn't Joey lie to Pacey about Dawson's gift?

Any way the lies and decption started first day back.

In my opinion the only thing Joey realized on her so called romantic sail away with Pacey; was how much she missed Dawson.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ohhhh that bothered me so much.
you're dating dawson of all people.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
If I was Joeys boyfriend I would have most likely broke up with her first day ashore; when it seemed all she wanted to do was see her ex-boyfriend.

If my memory is correct didn't Joey lie to Pacey about Dawson's gift?

Any way the lies and decption started first day back.

In my opinion the only thing Joey realized on her so called romantic sail away with Pacey; was how much she missed Dawson.
Absolutely.

Yes, she lied about the gift, she also lied about having sex with Pacey. She lied and deceived throughout all of season 4.

Yes, in real life, anyone in Pacey's shoes would have dumped Joey shortly after they returned from the summer. Pacey knew what was going on. He put up with it while continuing to circle the drain, Andie's influence wasn't around which was killing him whether he wanted to admit it or not, he knew Joey wanted Dawson, he understood he was in misery. Why it took until the Prom for him to explode and dump her is the biggest mystery. I wonder if he thought he deserved Joey and the unhealthy misery. He lost the love of his life in Andie, he screwed over and backstabbed his childhood best friend in Dawson. It's possible on a psychological level he thought Joey and their unhealthy relationship is all he deserved.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
you're dating dawson of all people.
Precisely, Rachel!
Old 11-29-2018, 03:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It's possible on a psychological level he thought Joey and their unhealthy relationship is all he deserved.
Great point. I have never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sense.

I wonder if Pacey realized he was still in love with Andie when she almost died? Andie left so there was no way he could follow up his feelings

(Which may be one of the reason TPTB thought it may be another good reason to get rid of Meredith Monroe; least the viewers come up with the idea of re-uniting Pacey and Andie)

It's obvious the self loathing came to a head during the prom. Pacey realized the hypocrisy of the relationship.

At the end of season four it was obvious Pacey realized his love for Andie.

[ON IMDB we decided that the very obvious happiness that was portrayed by Joshua Jackson was not all acting. Remember the series was supposed to end after season four. He was obviously happy to be acting with Meredith Monroe again and the series was going to end the way it was supposed to. P/A and D/J.]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread