Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Of course. Think about why that is... it goes past his season 3 actions so many want to rip him apart for. Also, Pacey's actions (screwing over your best friend and literally making a move on the girl he's loved his entire life), Pacey's treatment of Andie during the mental illness storyline when they broke up, Pacey's prom freak out, Pacey losing all of Dawson's money in season 6, and the the list goes on. Pacey was the one that deserved the rippage. But he was cute so of course gets a free pass.

But with Dawson... the number one reason some hated Dawson is because deep down they knew Joey couldn't get over Dawson. She would never love Pacey close to how much she loved Dawson. Joey's love for Dawson increases when she's supposedly official with Pacey, lol. That's why people hate Dawson more than anything else.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-10-2018 at 09:33 AM
Old 11-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Of course. Think about why that is... it goes past his season 3 actions so many want to rip him apart for. Also, Pacey's actions (screwing over your best friend and literally making a move on the girl he's loved his entire life), Pacey's treatment of Andie during the mental illness storyline when they broke up, Pacey's prom freak out, Pacey losing all of Dawson's money in season 6, and the the list goes on. Pacey was the one that deserved the rippage. But he was cute so of course gets a free pass.

But with Dawson... the number one reason some hated Dawson is because deep down they knew Joey couldn't get over Dawson. She would never love Pacey close to how much she loved Dawson. Joey's love for Dawson increases when she's supposedly official with Pacey, lol. That's why people hate Dawson more than anything else.
That's very true and I also think that the Pacey and Joey fans just wanted Pacey to "win" and they didn't care about anything else, so they made Dawson out to be the villain and Pacey to be the hero, aided by Paul Stupin and his "Heart of a Hero" campaign for Pacey. I'll always feel that Stupin purposely destroyed Dawson and Andie because they were Kevin Williamson's main protagonist and Stupin wanted to promote his vision of the show and who the "best couple" was.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy

Last edited by jediwands; 11-10-2018 at 10:14 AM
Old 11-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's very true and I also think that the Pacey and Joey fans just wanted Pacey to "win" and they didn't care about anything else, so they made Dawson out to be the villain and Pacey to be the hero, aided by Paul Stupin and his "Heart of a Hero" campaign for Pacey. I'll always feel that Stupin purposely destroyed Dawson and Andie because they were Kevin Williamson's main protagonist and Stupin wanted to promote his vision of the show and who the "best couple" was.
I remember seeing so many signatures from that fandom with quotes like We Won. So stupid, petty, and immature. The smart ones from that fandom realized they didn’t win anything. Many honest PJ fans disliked the ending because even they admitted it didn’t make sense. They weren’t over Joey once again rejecting Pacey for Eddie. Heck, they weren’t over Joey wanting Dawson over Pacey either.

It was also very ridiculous. To think that both Dawson and Pacey still weren’t over her was a joke. At least Dawson had a Hollywood career. Pacey had nothing and ended up with the girl that mentally made him feel like a nothing all the more. He received a prison sentence and people cheered for it. LOL.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

But with Dawson... the number one reason some hated Dawson is because deep down they knew Joey couldn't get over Dawson. She would never love Pacey close to how much she loved Dawson. Joey's love for Dawson increases when she's supposedly official with Pacey, lol. That's why people hate Dawson more than anything else
The only season acted like the Pacey we like think he was like' was season two, with Andie.

Every other season he was not the Pacey we expected , especially season three when he was a complete jerk.

You're right about P/J'ers thoughts about Dawson. They hated the fact that he was the one to end up with Joey. I bet they couldn't believe their eyes when Pacey won Joey.

I understand people rooting for Pacey, but I don't understand if you're a Pacey fan why you would want him to end up with someone who made him miserable instead, of someone who loved, respected, and made him happy[Andie]
Old 11-13-2018, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
The only season acted like the Pacey we like think he was like' was season two, with Andie.
Pacey was so wonderful in season 2. My favorite character in season 2 by far. He was finally happy and free in that season, all due to finding Andie, who made him feel alive and at peace. His real personality just shined.

Quote:
Every other season he was not the Pacey we expected , especially season three when he was a complete jerk.
Seasons 3/4 Pacey for me were like fingers down the chalkboard. We lost season 2 Pacey and it was such a shame. For as much as I loved season 2 Pacey, that's how much I disliked seasons 3/4 Pacey. It was a complete 180. So irritating.

Quote:
You're right about P/J'ers thoughts about Dawson. They hated the fact that he was the one to end up with Joey. I bet they couldn't believe their eyes when Pacey won Joey.
The honest PJ fans were shocked at the ending. Even they knew the ending didn't make sense.

Quote:
I understand people rooting for Pacey, but I don't understand if you're a Pacey fan why you would want him to end up with someone who made him miserable instead, of someone who loved, respected, and made him happy[Andie]
Their hatred for Dawson was too strong. It was all about sticking it to Dawson. Sadly, Pacey's happiness was secondary. They hated Dawson more than they loved Pacey even if they would never admit as much. They also used Andie's cheating as a reason not to like PA. Funny how they conveniently forgot or ignored that Joey was emotionally cheating on Pacey the entire time she was with him because she wasn't over Dawson. Coda, alone, should have made them turn on PJ. Coda showed Joey running back to Dawson the first chance she could get. Seriously, how do they continue to support PJ after Coda? It's bizarre.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

every time the net does a poll, DJ is the worst but yet pj is the best. the most boring tv couple.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
every time the net does a poll, DJ is the worst but yet pj is the best. the most boring tv couple.
Haha. Ridiculous. The real poll is not catering to that PJ Internet fanbase. Back in the day, when the polls were live, they would find a way to cheat on the polls. It was a joke.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Haha. Ridiculous. The real poll is not catering to that PJ Internet fanbase. Back in the day, when the polls were live, they would find a way to cheat on the polls. It was a joke.
son they're not popular? It seems that way on the net.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
son they're not popular? It seems that way on the net.
They cheated on past polls when the show was live, Jerry's commented on this before.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
so they're not popular? It seems that way on the net.

P/J is a very flawed couple. Their advocates know this. On message boards such as the Late IMDB; Any post that is deemed critical of P/J is immediately jumped on by several P/J advocates posting 5 and 6 thousand word diatribes telling you , that you never watched the show and that Pacey and Joey were foreshadowed since season one and if you couldn't see that, you were an idiot. this alone drove away many people with different views. They didn't want to put up with the constant harassment.

The other thing is that after season two many people walked away from the series and no longer followed it. So what you have left is a small group of very vocal and aggressive people.

I am wondering how the P/Jer's are taking what Kevin Williamson's statement said in the "E" interview that if he was to write a Dawson's Creek movie; Pacey and Joey would be divorced.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
P/J is a very flawed couple. Their advocates know this. On message boards such as the Late IMDB; Any post that is deemed critical of P/J is immediately jumped on by several P/J advocates posting 5 and 6 thousand word diatribes telling you , that you never watched the show and that Pacey and Joey were foreshadowed since season one and if you couldn't see that, you were an idiot. this alone drove away many people with different views. They didn't want to put up with the constant harassment.

The other thing is that after season two many people walked away from the series and no longer followed it. So what you have left is a small group of very vocal and aggressive people.
You're summed it up perfectly, Tony.

I constantly bring up what a REAL poll would be like if all the people who walked away from the series participated...

It wouldn't even be close... Dawson/Joey & Pacey/Andie fans would dominate the result.

Quote:
I am wondering how the P/Jer's are taking what Kevin Williamson's statement said in the "E" interview that if he was to write a Dawson's Creek movie; Pacey and Joey would be divorced.
Ignored... based on what I've noticed.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ignored... based on what I've noticed
Typical of a P/Jer; ignore the facts, and maybe they will go away.

I wish you could have read IMDB and seen how the forum slowly shift to P/A AND D/J.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Typical of a P/Jer; ignore the facts, and maybe they will go away.

I wish you could have read IMDB and seen how the forum slowly shift to P/A AND D/J.
Seriously. They ignored:

1. Joey's jealousy.
2. Joey clearly not over Dawson, running to him in Coda.
3. Pacey circling the drain the second he gets together with Joey and Andie's not romantically in his life anymore.
4. Pacey miserable as can be, blowing up at Prom because of how unhealthy their relationship was.
5. Joey choosing Eddie over Pacey in season 6.
6. Joey wanting Dawson the entire time.
7. Pacey happy as can be with Andie in season 2. It was the healthiest relationship he ever had. He found real love with Andie and he'd never find it with anyone else.

They were very good at ignoring facts.

I wish I would have been able to read IMDB too. It's too bad they don't have the closed forum up at least for viewing.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They cheated on past polls when the show was live, Jerry's commented on this before.
oh. I see.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
oh. I see.
Yep. If Jerry circles around here in the near future and sees our discussion, he can comment on this.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread