Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2018, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Joey's pissed because she realizes that a smarter, better looking and more sophisticated girl/woman (I didn't know which one to use. LOL) found Dawson desirable and attractive.

In fact the scene where Joey stumbles on Gretchen and Dawson kissing is one of my favourite scenes of the series.
Says it all. It cannot be explained away. It was romantic jealously coupled with Joey feeling like an idiot because Dawson found someone more mature, beautiful, smarter than her.

Quote:
A scene I hated was when Jen asked Joey who she chose.; and Joey smugly whispered in Jen's ear her choice. Joey arrogantly assumed that after 5 plus years both guys were eagly awaiting her decision and would drop their lives to be with Joey when she beckoned.
The very fact that either guy was supposedly waiting to possibly be with her is utterly ridiculous. It became Joey's Creek sadly and the series finale was constructed around a lame decision. The decision ended up being a joke.

Quote:
The Joey of season one was ruined in a sea of bad ideas and writing
Joey season 1 was my favorite character but she disappeared for the rest of the series. The biggest mistake of the series. If you think about it... this move allowed the series to tank. So many characters and storylines were affected by this lame decision.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
rewatching season 4

the brick joey gave dawson Its for my sister, liar, liar
Even season 4, throughout the PJ disaster, had a sliver of hope that things had potential to eventually get back on track. Didn't happen, though.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

season 4. So how is pj the best couple? every time thats not what I view. but dawson/gretchen Theyre the adult relationship.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Dawson/Gretchen definitely had a mature relationship. It is really funny to see the two relationships DG and PJ unfold in season 4. We see maturity and healthy versus immaturity and unhealthy. Night and day.

Honestly, I wish they would have ended up together. It's too bad the actress wasn't brought back for the last few episodes of season 6 and the series finale had we known what ridiculous finale we were going to receive. By ridiculous, I don't just mean the PJ unrealistic tacked on ending. I also mean Jen dying which was on the same level of lame as PJ.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:54 PM
Extreme Fan

I'd like to have seen Gretchen come back at the end of the series. Seven years later the age difference was negligible.

Remember when Tom Cruise made an ass out of himself whem jumping bup and down on the couch yelling I love Katie Holmes?

Firstly I think he was happy nailing a girl 20 years his junior; the other reason is that he thought he was getting Americ's sweetheart. I can think of two other girls from that show that deserved the title more. One ruined in a deluge of bad writing and the other dismissed from the show.

Man, was he fooled.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'd like to have seen Gretchen come back at the end of the series. Seven years later the age difference was negligible.
It should have happened. That or Jen shouldn’t have died and Dawson/Jen ended up together. Would have been a burn to the IT girl, showing all along Dawson was meant to be with Jen, not Joey.

Quote:
Remember when Tom Cruise made an ass out of himself whem jumping bup and down on the couch yelling I love Katie Holmes?

Firstly I think he was happy nailing a girl 20 years his junior; the other reason is that he thought he was getting Americ's sweetheart. I can think of two other girls from that show that deserved the title more. One ruined in a deluge of bad writing and the other dismissed from the show.

Man, was he fooled.
LOL. Turns out Cruise was both clueless and crazy.

The WB just looks bad. What they did to both Meredith and Michelle is sickening. They sacrificed two actresses who have ten times the talent as Katie Holmes. They threw away talented actresses for average at best and made a mockery of their own series. Good work, lame network that fizzled.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Extreme Fan

.Both Michelle and Meredith have actually had better careers than Katie. Michelle is considered one f the best actresses of her generation and Meredith has booked 76 TV and movie jobs.

Meredith's roles in Cold Case (A Perfect Day) and Masters of Horror (Family) are considered the best episodes of the Series. The made for TV movies The One and her two Little House on The Prairie movies are very good and if you can find them on Amazon worth buying.

Michelle Williams needs no introduction. She has been nominated for 4 Oscars, Brokeback Mountain, Blue Valentine, My Week With Marilyn, Manchester by The Sea. About time she wins one.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

100%.

TPTB should be embarrassed.

I remember reading an article with Michelle even stating when she found out they were killing Jen off... she asked Kevin how it would work if they ever did a reunion show... he actually joked that she could come back as a ghost. I couldn't believe it. What an incredibly lame response. Pathetic.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

how many fights pj had but yet they're always on the list for best couples because dawson sucks.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

People ignore the PJ fighting. Maybe they even think it's healthy. But they ignore the fighting and the constant jealousy Joey has if any girl looks at Dawson in order to ship PJ.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Extreme Fan

People seem to forget how lousy she treated Pacey season six. Sleeping with Pacey, then dumping him as soon as Eddie showed up.

How can P?/'ers even think they had a future after that.

Also they never talk about the fact she was living with a guy [practically engaged] when she had her great epiphany that Pacey was the chosen one, and of course he would drop his life, to worship at the altar of Joey.

The ending is so screwed up it blows my mind that anyone bought it, but then again with P/J'ers reality was never a strong suite, but fantasy obviously is.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

season 4 what exactly was pj doing? They spent an awfl lot of time talking about dawson. Is he a third person or something?how dawson feels. he's minding his own business for gods sake. loved dawson and gretchen.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
People seem to forget how lousy she treated Pacey season six. Sleeping with Pacey, then dumping him as soon as Eddie showed up.

How can P?/'ers even think they had a future after that.
The claim is she was running from Pacey. She truly wanted to be with him but was running back to Eddie instead.

BS.

Quote:
Also they never talk about the fact she was living with a guy [practically engaged] when she had her great epiphany that Pacey was the chosen one, and of course he would drop his life, to worship at the altar of Joey.
So true. What a mess. Unrealistic, goes against the premise and everything we viewed in seasons 1/2 concerning DJ and PA.

Joke of an ending.

Quote:
The ending is so screwed up it blows my mind that anyone bought it, but then again with P/J'ers reality was never a strong suite, but fantasy obviously is.
It's SO screwed up. That's why I wasn't enraged, I was frustrated and saddened but never enraged. Why? The ending didn't make sense. I don't give a rip what supposedly happened because it was a joke. It didn't make sense so there was zero reality. The conclusion didn't make sense. You cannot take it seriously.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
season 4 what exactly was pj doing? They spent an awfl lot of time talking about dawson. Is he a third person or something?how dawson feels. he's minding his own business for gods sake. loved dawson and gretchen.
LOL. I loved it so much. Dawson walked away from the situation. He wiped his hands, he was done. It was PJ that kept bringing Dawson back into the equation because jealous Joey couldn't get over Dawson and Pacey knew as much.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

dawson is always in the worst characters.