Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2018, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Please continue to bring over more insightful posts like the above. I love it!
Old 09-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Those posts are so true. Though, admittedly, I am more of a DJo fan than a Pandie fan. But I do like Pandie a lot and they're definitely my favorite Pacey ship. Maybe that's because I'm just more of a Dawson girl and only liked Pacey in s2, when he was with Andie. He just became this incredible man in s2 and it was great to watch. Then he started regressing again.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You are right, I am with you too. For me it's DJ 1A and PA 1B.

I loved both pairings though. They were THE pairings of the series. When they were destroyed romantically the series died for many.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 PM
Extreme Fan

One ending that was discussed was Joey choosing neither, but going off to Paris alone.

I don't know what ending for P/A was planned or if any ending was planned for them.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I heard that too. In fact, "Joey Potter and Capeside Redemption" was penned in to be the series finale. When Kevin decided to return to write the series finale they scratched the idea. I would have much preferred using that episode as the series finale instead of the crap we received.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-25-2018 at 01:53 AM
Old 09-28-2018, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

I would've preferred that kind of open ending for all the characters. There were good moments from the finale, but they were few and far between. The second to last episode actually felt more like a finale than the actual one.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I completely agree. I remember when that episode aired. The talk on the Dawson’s Creek board had many people stating they wished it was the series finale. I bet all the higher-ups wish they would’ve stuck with that as the series finale. It would mean Jen didn’t die so Michelle Williams could actually participate in any re-boot/revival. In general, the episode was constructed nicely. I never would’ve guessed Kevin returning and writing the series finale would have been the worst decision ever made for the conclusion of the series. When we found out Kevin was returning, PJ fans cringed while DJ and PA fans rejoiced. Everyone thought Kevin returning meant the original pairings of DJ and PA would get appropriate endings together. But a nightmare took place instead... Stupin influenced Kevin enough for him to change things up at the last minute.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:20 AM
Extreme Fan

The interesting thing about KW IS; as time passes the more he admits he made a mistake. The first couple of years, if KW was asked about the ending he would reply that P/J was the only way it could have ended. Slowly as time went by his tune started to change till we get to the 2018 E interview; where KW states if he was to write a Dawson Creek movie, P/J would be broken up and not on good terms. A ending all of us would think is the most logical outcome if P/J did get married.

Last edited by TL22; 09-30-2018 at 07:51 AM
Old 09-30-2018, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
The interesting thing about KW IS; as time passes the more he admits he made a mistake. The first couple of years, if KW was asked about the ending he would reply that P/J was the only way it could have ended. Slowly as time went by his tune started to change till we get to the 2018 E interview; where KW states if he was to write a Dawson Creek movie, P/J would be broken up and not on good terms. A ending all of us would think is the most logical outcome if P/J did get married.
Excellent point, Tony! So true. I remember his initial interviews after the series finale aired. He did stand by his supposed change of heart. He admits his mother even wanted Dawson/Joey and was disturbed over the series finale. You are so right that as time has passed, his thoughts changed. Funny how that happened. The truth always comes out even if it takes a while and we are seeing it in this case. I am so confident a DC movie would go in our favor... that is why I am all for it!

Also... that is why when you told me Berlanti had the brilliant (not, note sarcasm) idea for PJ (temporarily) I was shocked because after the series finale aired during early Everwood, Berlanti stated he had to go against his friend Kevin and state the series should have ended with Dawson/Joey romantically. Berlanti didn't like the Pacey/Joey ending. At all. He knew it was always Dawson/Joey & Pacey/Andie. He wrote some great Pacey/Andie stuff in season 2. He knew the score.

Thankfully Kevin realizes the mistakes he made with the series finale (left alone abandoning his show and leaving post-season 2). You would think he has many regrets. We are seeing some of them via his words.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
You are right, I am with you too. For me it's DJ 1A and PA 1B.

I loved both pairings though. They were THE pairings of the series. When they were destroyed romantically the series died for many.
season 3 with eve was the worst. dawson and eve? and everyone keeps saying how dawson acted during season 3, but what about pacey in season 4? hmm...
Old 10-01-2018, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
season 3 with eve was the worst. dawson and eve? and everyone keeps saying how dawson acted during season 3, but what about pacey in season 4? hmm...
The character of Eve was just dumb. Apparently they were going to do an Eve/Jen long lost sister storyline but erased it from happening. That storyline might have had a point (if even super soapy) but the Dawson/Eve stuff was ridiculous. It was clearly a way to separate Dawson/Joey.

I was not a fan of season 4 Pacey.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
The character of Eve was just dumb. Apparently they were going to do an Eve/Jen long lost sister storyline but erased it from happening. That storyline might have had a point (if even super soapy) but the Dawson/Eve stuff was ridiculous. It was clearly a way to separate Dawson/Joey.

I was not a fan of season 4 Pacey.
you asinine immature ha ha boyfriend.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
you asinine immature ha ha boyfriend.
Pacey mentions in season 4 he’s circling the drain. I wonder why. He let the only girl who truly gave a damn about his well being go in Andie. Instead he deliberately breaks up a childhood friendship with Dawson for Joey. He’s miserable throughout all of season 4 until he explodes and finally breaks up with Joey. Until this time he sulked and acted like he was the victim.

Yes, season 4 Pacey was annoying.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I think season three Pacey was confused; he should have taken Dawson's advice and make things right with Andie.

I don't remember if Joey had an opinion about Andie

Season four Pacey was miserable as soon as he got off the boat. In fact he was miserable before he got off the boat. I believe he tried to get Joey to stay and they would sail away from Capeside..His innate common sense told him what was going to happen, and Joey started lying as soon as she got off the boat.

Speaking of Joey I have noticed that all of her female peer group they all had sex, except for her This was an attempt to make her a pillar of chastity and virtue.

What I would like to see is two teens alone for three months do nothing but hold hands.

I
Old 10-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I think season three Pacey was confused; he should have taken Dawson's advice and make things right with Andie.

I don't remember if Joey had an opinion about Andie

Season four Pacey was miserable as soon as he got off the boat. In fact he was miserable before he got off the boat. I believe he tried to get Joey to stay and they would sail away from Capeside..His innate common sense told him what was going to happen, and Joey started lying as soon as she got off the boat.

Speaking of Joey I have noticed that all of her female peer group they all had sex, except for her This was an attempt to make her a pillar of chastity and virtue.

What I would like to see is two teens alone for three months do nothing but hold hands.

I
Pacey never took Dawson's advice which is why he was always in such ridiculous situations throughout the series. That or he was backstabbing Dawson.

I don't remember either regarding Joey's opinion on Andie, lol.

Pacey was miserable the second he decided to kiss Joey in that horrible episode... Stolen Kisses. I think he knew it was a mistake right then but felt he was in too deep and just went with more wrong choices and backstabbing.

100% they wanted to make Joey look almost angelic... Jen, the "Wild New Yorker" and apparently Andie's mental illness caused her to sleep with someone while in the hospital. So lame. All for Joey to look beautiful and pure.

It is ridiculous PJ never had sex on the boat. They wanted to play up the Joey saving herself for Dawson but in the end, she never went there anyway! So what was the point? I actually would have preferred PJ having sex on the boat... they were all about the physical relationship anyway... then DJ could have slept together in Coda before college.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread