Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2021, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everwood Fans On OTH #46: We Believe In Dreams Because 6 People Proved That Dreams Really Do Come True

Rules

1. This is an independent discussion of OTH. Share thoughts on episodes and characters.

2. No attacking or being rude to thoughts and opinions. This board has always had a peaceful tone and it will remain that way.

Complete OTH Rewatch Links:

http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w...five-63132488/
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post78114963
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post78357853
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post78759178
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post79142874
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post79546895
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post79755488
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post80030407
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post80329820
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post80763051
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post81171397
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post81528210
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w...read-63150482/
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post82069193

16 TV Couples That RUINED Amazing Shows | Screen Rant

{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-04-2021, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Perfect title! Thanks for the new thread!
Old 08-04-2021, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Patricia.

I had a friend that used to moderate the One Tree Hill board named chocchipcooky (Tammy) who passed away a few years ago and she adored Monster, and she even met him a few times. He had her fooled and she considered him to be her "buddy." If she found out what he was really like she would have been heartbroken.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-04-2021, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had no idea Tammy passed away

I feel she was probably the only OTH mod at the time that was really a mod in that war zone.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-04-2021, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Really sad about the passing (I remember you mentioned it before) and that Monster was such a manipulator.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
I had no idea Tammy passed away

I feel she was probably the only OTH mod at the time that was really a mod in that war zone.
I agree. She was the most fair-minded of the moderators when the One Tree Hill board was really a war zone, but she eventually got tired of all the fighting on that board and she resigned.

I became friends with her in real life and we connected on Facebook and we talked on the phone, but I lost touch with her after she stepped down from being a moderator here and I was heartbroken to learn that she had passed away. She passed away in 2013 at the age of 54. She was a maternal figure to the other moderators and to the posters (she used to refer to herself as the Mom-erator) and she was a good friend to me. I still miss her.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-04-2021, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So sorry for your loss. She sounds like such a wonderful Soul.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
Old 08-04-2021, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's what really gets me. I was SHOCKED to learn that James had directed an episode or maybe more of The Royals. I would think with all the (lack of better term) stuff going on in the One Tree Hill set, he'd want to distance himself away from Mark as much as possible.
Did he do it because he wanted to keep up the appearance that Monster was a stand up guy and saying no would hurt his career or someone else's career. We've always seen and now see that James is a stand up guy and is a gentleman.

I know Hollywood is a messed up business to be in and people, before now days and probably still do, just accept that there are dicks out there that will always be dicks.[/QUOTE]

Same here, especially since there's no way he wasn't aware of Mark's behaviour considering how open that was.

Also don't really like the fandom for the most part giving him a pass for it, since there is no way they would do that for Chad if he was the one who continued to work with Mark after the show ended.

Quote:
If they weren't as close of friends as they are, I think Chad would've stayed when Hilarie left. But because he has a bond with Hilarie, he went with her. Rumors state that Chad was thrown a lot of money to stay because it's Lucas Scott...but he stood with Hilarie. He left too. Lucas' story (nor was Peyton) was not done, but they were. That's what's most important. I'm glad he stood by her. She needed an ally and Chad's a strong kid to go up against I imagine.
Considering Chad thought the show had jumped the shark by season 6 and just seem overall more or less done with the show, I don't think he was staying regardless of the Mark and Hilarie situation.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)
Man I hope she discusses. Both Chad and Hilarie deserve this. Both were ripped by some stupid fans for leaving. Granted fans had no idea but still. The truth is freeing. They did nothing wrong.
Interested to see if it will ever come up on the podcast when they get to that point.

Quote:
It is so nice. Not surprising. They have always been close friends. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ridiculous. Very obvious from day 1 and time has confirmed it too.

I have a feeling Chad stuck up for at least Hilarie and probably the girls in general in addition to contract stuff. Monster Mark hated Chad for a reason. I have a feeling Chad didn’t take his crap at all and tried to fight back. James seemed way more passive.
Think Hilaire more or less confirmed that Chad stood up for her at least.

I'm sure Chad was critical of Mark's writing, especially in the later seasons considering he clearly thought that the show had jumped the shark. Not to mention, I don't think Chad was that happy with how Lucas' arc played out either.

James definitely was more passive, since he's never been critical of the writing of the writing and I'm sure that's a big reason why Mark liked him so much.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So sorry for your loss. She sounds like such a wonderful Soul.
Thanks Michelle.

She really was a kind and wonderful soul. I still have the get well card that she sent me in 2005 when I had my cancer scare, and it's something that I'll always cherish.

Old 08-04-2021, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They did everything right. Chad and Monster, to my knowledge, never got along. They were just two personalities that didn't mesh. No we know why.
100% which goes along with what everyone says about Chad... I have heard nothing but good things about him as far as coworkers in the past. They all say really nice things about him.

Quote:
I know there was a commentary that Monster did on the episode where Lucas visits a grave site. Monster mentioned about respecting the living because Chad, thought it was disrespectful to walk on grass over where people are buried. I agree with, but then again, where else are you gonna walk lol

Quote:
I find it so....****ING MADDENING that he talks about respect when he's sexually harassing women and (probably) impressionable girls on set and getting off on it? It's sickening how he views what is and what is not respectful.
That creep pig was so good at lying I guess he could live a double life. He probably felt like he was acting two parts creatively.

Quote:
I think there's apart of this story and I've said it before that will never get told. We're probably better off that way, honestly. I mean they went through harassment and so many other disturbing behaviors for YEARS before the massive amount of fans found out about it. If that writer didn't break her story and be bold enough to go public with it, we'd still think, maybe, that Monster was this great storyteller that had 9 seasons of a beloved TV show.
That is so true. We are better off but like you said, there definitely has to be stuff we will never find out.

Who was the writer that broke the news? That writer is a hero!

Quote:
With all the things coming out about how (especially) the women were treated, there may be details that were a lot worse that we'll never be able to let go of.
Definitely. We will never find out.

Quote:
If they weren't as close of friends as they are, I think Chad would've stayed when Hilarie left. But because he has a bond with Hilarie, he went with her. Rumors state that Chad was thrown a lot of money to stay because it's Lucas Scott...but he stood with Hilarie. He left too. Lucas' story (nor was Peyton) was not done, but they were. That's what's most important. I'm glad he stood by her. She needed an ally and Chad's a strong kid to go up against I imagine.
Wow. Chad is another hero too. That is so awesome.

BL fans that cannot separate CS want Chad to be viewed negatively due to their failed marriage. He has taken a lot of heat for this too.

Truth of the matter is even if he screwed up the marriage it doesn't mean he's not a good guy. I thought I heard about all the money. I also remember people thinking he thought he was too good for the show so left. NO. He left for Hilarie. That is wonderful.

Quote:
Chad doesn't take **** from anyone. From what he's had to overcome with his family stuff growing up and surviving in LA when he was so young and starting out, gives you a hard exterior shell. He's been, at the time, in the business long enough to know how to stand up for yourself and when to speak up and when to wait for your time to speak up.

He seems like a pretty admiral guy for what and who he stood up for at the time.
I am unaware of what happened to him family-wise? I know he was born in Buffalo and is a Bills fans, that's about it. What happened to him growing up?

Quote:
Still surprises me why the cast stayed even with Monster at the helm for Seasons 7 and 8 which in Season 8 was getting more like Big Brother than One Tree Hill. Coming from Seasons 1, 2 and even 3...watching Season 8...it's unrecognizable almost.
Amen. I don't understand it either. I cannot wrap my brain around it at all.

Quote:
did Monster have some agreement that "you do this for me" and I can help you out. All the cast has made a clean break from the man when he left One Tree Hill. Why go back to that.

Once the truth came out about One Tree Hill, it wasn't far long before the cast of The Royals got up and said their piece that basically the same behavior continued.

I guess we 'll never know
Right. It's almost like you would love to know yet at the same time, finding out the details would make you feel really sad too. You just know whatever the reality is is way worse than we're even imagining.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks Michelle.

She really was a kind and wonderful soul. I still have the get well card that she sent me in 2005 when I had my cancer scare, and it's something that I'll always cherish.
You should, Jerry. You will see her again.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Interested to see if it will ever come up on the podcast when they get to that point.
Should be really interesting. I can't imagine they'd think they can completely ignore it. But maybe will be in agreement on what to comment on.

Quote:
Think Hilaire more or less confirmed that Chad stood up for her at least.
That is great.

Quote:
I'm sure Chad was critical of Mark's writing, especially in the later seasons considering he clearly thought that the show had jumped the shark. Not to mention, I don't think Chad was that happy with how Lucas' arc played out either.
You cannot blame him. Wow, did Monster deliberately trash his main character in Lucas. What a joke.

Quote:
James definitely was more passive, since he's never been critical of the writing of the writing and I'm sure that's a big reason why Mark liked him so much.
Exactly.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You should, Jerry. You will see her again.
Thanks Michelle.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread