Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2021, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I honestly don't consider Everwood to be too sad and heavy of a show. If it is for you, I can respect that, but to me, it's a wonderful and engaging show that affects me on an emotional level like no other show ever has, and in re-watching it, I'm discovering just how wonderful and perfect a show it was. I absolutely love it, and I love participating in this rewatch.
I completely agree, Jerry. There’s a spiritual aspect to the series that screams love and hope. I feel empowered watching a series that constantly gives you hope during the darkest times. Love and kindness are major themes. This series is layered and unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. We also know Irv was right in 1.11. The happy ending these characters received truly was like a fairytale. It was the definition of a satisfactory, beautiful, happy ending. It’s special. It’s beautiful. The energy is contagious. Everwood truly is a gem.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I honestly don't consider Everwood to be too sad and heavy of a show. If it is for you, I can respect that, but to me, it's a wonderful and engaging show that affects me on an emotional level like no other show ever has, and in re-watching it, I'm discovering just how wonderful and perfect a show it was. I absolutely love it, and I love participating in this rewatch.
Goodness, no! That is not what I meant! This was not my verdict on Everwood at all. Everwood is hopeful and beautiful and everything good under the sun... and I love it, too. Of course it isn't too sad and heavy, objectively I know that, and I didn't mean to say it was. What I meant to say (in as few words as possible, which, clearly, I failed to do) is that I am in a terribly low mood these days (because I haven't had any human contact in months and have been locked up at home with pneumonia for weeks) and I am very emotionally invested in Everwood, so it can affect my moods quite profoundly, and not always in a good way. So, what I was trying to convey by saying that was that I am not in the right place emotionally to watch this show at this point, which has nothing whatsoever to do with Everwood, and everything to do with me. I'm sorry it didn't come out that way, and even more sorry if I offended you, but please bear in mind that I am really ill right now and can barely remember to turn the hob off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That certainly would be pretty handy, thanks

We are on 3x20 at the moment (will moving on 3x21 and 3x22 tonight though) and then we will moving onto season 4 when we finished those two episodes.
Ok, I'll try to get over there soon... which forum is it on?
Old 03-22-2021, 06:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm rewatching season 4 of OTH. I've rewatched 1 through 3. Naley is my otp I love them most of any couple.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Goodness, no! That is not what I meant! This was not my verdict on Everwood at all. Everwood is hopeful and beautiful and everything good under the sun... and I love it, too. Of course it isn't too sad and heavy, objectively I know that, and I didn't mean to say it was. What I meant to say (in as few words as possible, which, clearly, I failed to do) is that I am in a terribly low mood these days (because I haven't had any human contact in months and have been locked up at home with pneumonia for weeks) and I am very emotionally invested in Everwood, so it can affect my moods quite profoundly, and not always in a good way. So, what I was trying to convey by saying that was that I am not in the right place emotionally to watch this show at this point, which has nothing whatsoever to do with Everwood, and everything to do with me. I'm sorry it didn't come out that way, and even more sorry if I offended you, but please bear in mind that I am really ill right now and can barely remember to turn the hob off.
I understand, Leo. This speaks volumes about the depth of emotion that is Everwood. Please feel better soon!!!!
Old 03-22-2021, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It definitely says something about how amazing Everwood is.

My issue right now is trying to watch OTH while watching Everwood. It is really tough. OTH is such low quality compared to Everwood and it feels like a chore to get through the episodes. I love Lucas/Peyton but the series as a whole, OTH, is a mindless watch almost and it feels irritating to me next to Everwood. It is like watching a championship sports team win it all (Everwood) while having to watch a team that is 0-50 (OTH) and hasn't won a game in years. LOL. That’s the best way I can describe my personal experience at the moment.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-22-2021 at 08:32 AM
Old 03-22-2021, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmafightsellie (View Post)
I'm rewatching season 4 of OTH. I've rewatched 1 through 3. Naley is my otp I love them most of any couple.
Keep your thoughts coming as you rewatch.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I completely understand Leo.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-22-2021, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Leo has seen Everwood. She loves the series so much it affects her emotionally.

What I’ll never understand is people who know how good Everwood is yet still refuse to watch but prefer lower quality instead. What? Everyone likes what they like but it will always be a head scratcher to me.

It is like preferring hamburger beef that is only 70% lean over Filet Mignon. LOL.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-22-2021 at 11:30 AM
Old 03-22-2021, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Ok, I'll try to get over there soon... which forum is it on?
The Sophia Bush board One Tree Hill Season 3 Rewatch Thread
Old 03-24-2021, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

One of my coworkers who watched Everwood recently watched OTH. I warned her OTH wasn’t Everwood. LOL.

She liked Season 1, despised Season 2, thought Season 3 was overrated, liked Season 4 for Lucas/Peyton, hated Season 5, liked Season 6 for Lucas/Peyton only. Watched 7.1, rolled her eyes, refused to watch 7.2 and the rest of the series.

She ships only Lucas/Peyton.
Hates Brooke even in the later seasons.
Hates Lucas/Brooke.
At times even dislikes Lucas when he’s running from feelings.
Never liked Naley.
Didn’t mind Peyton/Jake overall since in her mind anything was better than Lucas/Brooke.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
One of my coworkers who watched Everwood recently watched OTH. I warned her OTH wasn’t Everwood. LOL.
understatement of the century

Quote:
Hates Brooke even in the later seasons.
Good, we're not alone I know Brooke had changed in later seasons and did grow as a person. But honestly, I cannot forgive or forget the bridges she burned along the way that really, never were able to be rebuilt.

Quote:
Hates Lucas/Brooke.
I like her already. I call Brooke/Lucas the soapy version of Chad/Sophia because I believe we had more of that connection than we did as characters.

Quote:
At times even dislikes Lucas when he’s running from feelings.
Ever since Season 1, episode 8 when Peyton showed up at his doorstep saying she wanted all the same things he did but then recanted, he's been running ever since. He wanted to be with Peyton, but he knew she wasn't ready and didn't want his heart broken and didn't want to break her heart so he stayed with the easy choice...Brooke

Quote:
Never liked Naley.
WHAT??!?!?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-24-2021, 02:50 PM
Administrator

I came to the show late (I started watching the show in Season Five to help out the moderators) so I personally liked Brooke, because she was a really nice person by then, but I know that she was horrible in the earlier seasons.

Season Five was really the only season of the show I watched in its entirety. One Tree Hill was never really my cup of tea as they say.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-24-2021, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
understatement of the century

Sam won’t watch Everwood even with Jerry and I both setting him up with links. He doesn’t know what he’s missing as you know.

Quote:
Good, we're not alone I know Brooke had changed in later seasons and did grow as a person. But honestly, I cannot forgive or forget the bridges she burned along the way that really, never were able to be rebuilt.
Exactly right.

Brooke was so horrible in the earlier seasons. Like you said, the damage was done. She was way too despicable to forgive or genuinely like her. I think in the later seasons she also had this huge victim complex that bothered me too.

Quote:
I like her already. I call Brooke/Lucas the soapy version of Chad/Sophia because I believe we had more of that connection than we did as characters.
I love this!

Quote:
Ever since Season 1, episode 8 when Peyton showed up at his doorstep saying she wanted all the same things he did but then recanted, he's been running ever since. He wanted to be with Peyton, but he knew she wasn't ready and didn't want his heart broken and didn't want to break her heart so he stayed with the easy choice...Brooke
That’s exactly right.

Quote:
WHAT??!?!?
Yes, she got that one wrong.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-24-2021 at 03:44 PM
Old 03-24-2021, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I came to the show late (I started watching the show in Season Five to help out the moderators) so I personally liked Brooke, because she was a really nice person by then, but I know that she was horrible in the earlier seasons.

Season Five was really the only season of the show I watched in its entirety. One Tree Hill was never really my cup of tea as they say.
Brooke really was awful. I would wager a guess you would feel differently about her while watching Season 5 if you watched the first four seasons.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

New thread time!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread