Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2021, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just always hated that so many people, for good reason, blamed a troubled kid for the death of Keith....and Dan let them. Dan was there, Keith had his guard down thinking Dan would do the right thing and well....not shoot him.

How much hatred is there to kill your own brother, in cold brother when Keith questioned "what are you doing"? There were no thoughts, no remorse. What did Keith do to make Dan hate him so much. I'm not talking about the dealership fire or even Karen and Deb and what happened in the previous seasons. What made Dan think Keith was always against him and would never measure up?

Some want to feel sorry for Dan and that he redeemed himself in Season 9...no, he has no redemption. He doesn't have a right to get to know Jamie or Sawyer. They shouldn't have to know what kind of mean people there are in this world. It's bad enough that Lucas and Peyton have to tell Sawyer why their wonderful (I'm gonna say it) Grandpa Keith isn't around. He is by and large, the real only father to Lucas.

That's what makes me so mad about the whole school shooting episode.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-02-2021, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
I just always hated that so many people, for good reason, blamed a troubled kid for the death of Keith....and Dan let them. Dan was there, Keith had his guard down thinking Dan would do the right thing and well....not shoot him.

How much hatred is there to kill your own brother, in cold brother when Keith questioned "what are you doing"? There were no thoughts, no remorse. What did Keith do to make Dan hate him so much. I'm not talking about the dealership fire or even Karen and Deb and what happened in the previous seasons. What made Dan think Keith was always against him and would never measure up?

Some want to feel sorry for Dan and that he redeemed himself in Season 9...no, he has no redemption. He doesn't have a right to get to know Jamie or Sawyer. They shouldn't have to know what kind of mean people there are in this world. It's bad enough that Lucas and Peyton have to tell Sawyer why their wonderful (I'm gonna say it) Grandpa Keith isn't around. He is by and large, the real only father to Lucas.

That's what makes me so mad about the whole school shooting episode.
It was all messed up. Yes exactly… if they were going to take it as far as they did and have Dan kill Keith, there’s no way Dan gets out of prison for what he did. Cannot have it both ways, Monster. If you’re going to make Dan murder his brother (especially in a fictional southern state), there’s no way he gets parole or a form of eventual redemption. It was outlandish.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Checking if it's available on Amazon right now.
It should be. I need to buy it myself and re-read it.

Dan shooting Keith was an iconic moment in the series and Keiths death made it way more impactful. He could have survived I suppose. It could have worked if Keith had lost his memory or something. Maybe a bit soapy though. But I think the actor wanted to leave.

For me, that made Dan unredeemable which was sad because I wanted to like him so much but I just couldnt get past that. And in turn, it destroyed the relationship with his sons, which is how the show started, so that was a bit of a missed opportunity to wrap that storyline.

The show should have had LP in flashbacks in the finale. I wish Dan would have written a letter to Lucas too before he died because those two never got proper closure. I think in the end Dan got what he deserved. He should have been in jail longer but it was clear he felt guilt for what he did. People never truly forgave him. He saved Natan in season 9, and finally did something good before leaving hte world, but ultimately he died, which he also deserved. So I think his end was fitting. It was sad but realistic.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I always heard that the Monster decided to kill off Keith and it had nothing to do with the actor wanting to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
This storyline and killing off Keith = two big mistakes.
No doubt about that
Old 02-03-2021, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 02-03-2021, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It was all messed up. Yes exactly… if they were going to take it as far as they did and have Dan kill Keith, there’s no way Dan gets out of prison for what he did. Cannot have it both ways, Monster. If you’re going to make Dan murder his brother (especially in a fictional southern state), there’s no way he gets parole or a form of eventual redemption. It was outlandish.
and the shooting was unprovoked. Keith was kneeling on the ground when Dan had the gun pointed at him. That's life in prison IMO. Then taking into account that Keith was his brother and ask anyone, the nicest man alive.

It was seriously not though through about what would happen when Keith dies and Dan goes to jail and stories develop?

I have this idea that Monster wanted Craig out of the story quickly and wrote him out. Season 3 is when everything changed with Monster going after Hilarie, Danneel and other actresses and female writers.

Keith was bought back into Season 3 and it was perfect, like a gift. Having Craig and Paul in episode 9, I laughed so hard. They are so good together! Then poof, it's all gone.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
It should be. I need to buy it myself and re-read it.

Dan shooting Keith was an iconic moment in the series and Keiths death made it way more impactful. He could have survived I suppose. It could have worked if Keith had lost his memory or something. Maybe a bit soapy though. But I think the actor wanted to leave.

For me, that made Dan unredeemable which was sad because I wanted to like him so much but I just couldnt get past that. And in turn, it destroyed the relationship with his sons, which is how the show started, so that was a bit of a missed opportunity to wrap that storyline.

The show should have had LP in flashbacks in the finale. I wish Dan would have written a letter to Lucas too before he died because those two never got proper closure. I think in the end Dan got what he deserved. He should have been in jail longer but it was clear he felt guilt for what he did. People never truly forgave him. He saved Natan in season 9, and finally did something good before leaving hte world, but ultimately he died, which he also deserved. So I think his end was fitting. It was sad but realistic.
It was available!

Totally agree about Dan and Lucas. I guess Monster wasn't good at following up on anything related to Lucas at this point... he just wrote him so carelessly at times so he probably didn't think about giving Lucas especially proper closure. Agreed so much about LP flashbacks in the finale. We needed this!
Old 02-03-2021, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I always heard that the Monster decided to kill off Keith and it had nothing to do with the actor wanting to leave.

No doubt about that
If true, that's just awful.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
and the shooting was unprovoked. Keith was kneeling on the ground when Dan had the gun pointed at him. That's life in prison IMO. Then taking into account that Keith was his brother and ask anyone, the nicest man alive.

It was seriously not though through about what would happen when Keith dies and Dan goes to jail and stories develop?
Exactly. It was completely unprovoked which makes it 100 times worse too.

Quote:
I have this idea that Monster wanted Craig out of the story quickly and wrote him out. Season 3 is when everything changed with Monster going after Hilarie, Danneel and other actresses and female writers.

Keith was bought back into Season 3 and it was perfect, like a gift. Having Craig and Paul in episode 9, I laughed so hard. They are so good together! Then poof, it's all gone.
I wonder if Craig was seen as a threat to Monster, maybe he was too involved and would have known what the creature was attempting to do with the younger female cast.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Here's an article abut some of the on set tensions between some of the cast members of One Tree Hill:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...214818888.html

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-03-2021, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Here's an article abut some of the on set tensions between some of the cast members of One Tree Hill:

I read that article the other day and it just, not sure what I feel towards it but shame. Monster was creating his own version of mean girls so that he could find out secrets from everyone else. That backfired since all the girls seem to be really close to each other.

Just going back to the early days thinking Mark was this visionary for creating a world that bought so many people together and then he was doing everything he could to rip it apart.

When the stories came a couple of years ago with the female writers along with the female cast members suffering abuse from him, I wondered if it continued in later seasons. Apparently it had. No one ever talked about it so I thought maybe it was just his obsession with Hilarie and Danneel. I just feel for those people in Seasons 7 and 8 when it seemed like the show was just going down the train and they're personal lives were hell when going to work.

What makes it worse....Monster hasn't said a damn thing! He's never owned up to it....he's never even offer an apology. It's like he doesn't think he did anything wrong
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-03-2021, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)

Wow, that sounds awful. She's right, Monster created weird tension all around obviously but I really want to know what person she is specifically referring to. LOL. Just curious.

We can rule out both Hilarie and Chad since they were gone before Jana entered the picture. They left after S6 and she started in S7. If she was talking to Joy about it, I think that would rule Joy out.

Could it be... Sophia? I shouldn't point fingers but if we're focusing in on what she is saying we can rule out Chad and Hilarie for sure. Joy, since she talked about it with her. James, as well, since she mentions him. Out of the mains that really leaves Sophia? Could be a more secondary character/cast member too though.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I read that article the other day and it just, not sure what I feel towards it but shame. Monster was creating his own version of mean girls so that he could find out secrets from everyone else. That backfired since all the girls seem to be really close to each other.

Just going back to the early days thinking Mark was this visionary for creating a world that bought so many people together and then he was doing everything he could to rip it apart.

When the stories came a couple of years ago with the female writers along with the female cast members suffering abuse from him, I wondered if it continued in later seasons. Apparently it had. No one ever talked about it so I thought maybe it was just his obsession with Hilarie and Danneel. I just feel for those people in Seasons 7 and 8 when it seemed like the show was just going down the train and they're personal lives were hell when going to work.

What makes it worse....Monster hasn't said a damn thing! He's never owned up to it....he's never even offer an apology. It's like he doesn't think he did anything wrong
You are right, this was all set up by Mark anyway. If it was Sophia specifically or anyone else, HE is to blame for what happened on the set, no one else.

I hear you... that slithering snake Monster not owning up to it, disappearing into a hole without any sort of ownership or apologies is disgusting. He's vile.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
If true, that's just awful.
It really is
Old 02-04-2021, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
It really is
So much wasted potential.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread