Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2021, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Wish she wouldn’t have died. Loved their scenes.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Completely agree, I would love the full story too. They were so young but obviously there was some love there because she wouldn't still be holding on somewhat with the anger. Of course, she probably feels stupid overall since their entire relationship was under a microscope for everyone to see. I remember when they were so public thinking about when they broke up (not if, when lol) it would be bad based on the reason, etc. Sure enough. LOL.
Sophie really stands up for what is right, which I love. So she was probably deeply hurt by his betrayal and affair. Which is understandable. But i feel like she gives him too much power but staying angry. Like, if she just let it go and made it clear she didnt care/think about him at all anymore, I think that would be more beneficial.

There is a quote from one of my favorite books,

Quote:
“Holding anger is a poison... It eats you from inside... We think that by hating someone we hurt them...But hatred is a curved blade...and the harm we do to others...we also do to ourselves.”
Always reminds me to let things go for your own mental health.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
^ Wish she wouldn’t have died. Loved their scenes.
Same here, it was a missed option.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Same here, it was a missed option.
Big time. Did they only have the actress for a limited amount of time or was this Monster's decision?
Old 01-31-2021, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Sophie really stands up for what is right, which I love. So she was probably deeply hurt by his betrayal and affair. Which is understandable. But i feel like she gives him too much power but staying angry. Like, if she just let it go and made it clear she didnt care/think about him at all anymore, I think that would be more beneficial.
I completely, 100% agree. I love how she stands up for what is right, especially her political beliefs. They are so good, I am in sync with everything she bluntly believes in or is against.

But you couldn't be more correct that she lets anger win and gives him way too much power by hanging on. It takes strength to let things go. Strength is power and I don't mean physical strength... mental strength. Weird example but look at wild animal trainers... the trainers that can easily deal with dangerous animals are the ones who gently and softly handle the animals, they do not fight these animals, they control them by being calm and using mental strength. Strength is letting go, not fighting it, not allowing anger to win. Chad and his wife might even think she still carries feelings for him.

Quote:
There is a quote from one of my favorite books,

Always reminds me to let things go for your own mental health.
Wow. I LOVE this quote! What book is this from? I can totally relate to this quote personally. There's so many people in my past who turned out being the wolf in sheep's clothing type and as a result, I have felt "screwed over" by not "getting back" at these people and just remaining angry over the situations. The empath in me allowed these idiots to fool me or I excused their behavior when it was the worst thing I could have done. Then the situations blew up and it seems like they walked away free without any karma or justice. I've dealt with anger over these few situations. In theory, I know this quote has always been sound but it was difficult to live by. I am bookmarking this quote, even writing it down so I can reread repeatedly, it is so perfect! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-31-2021, 01:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Whatever happened between them that destroyed their marriage so quickly must have been awful. I'm surprised she still acts so coldly toward him all these years later. They are both nearing 40 now and have grown up a lot, clearly not those crazy kids anymore. I'm surprised she doesn't block every guy named Chad who follows her on social media or refuses interviews with anyone named Chad.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, whatever happened to end their marriage certainly wasn’t pretty. I know she’s a professional but no idea how they could even work together after it all went down. Of course, this is why it is smart not getting involved romantically with coworkers.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I mean I knew the rumors were he cheated with Paris Hilton on House of Wax filming but I am curious about how many times and what the extent of it was. Honestly I think their core values were very different. Chad seems to be a very religious person and never talks about politics at all.
Quote:
Wow. I LOVE this quote! What book is this from?
Isnt it good? I always think of it. Its from my favorite book, The 5 People You Meet in Heaven. Its such an amazing, honest, heartbreaking book but its so good.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I mean I knew the rumors were he cheated with Paris Hilton on House of Wax filming but I am curious about how many times and what the extent of it was. Honestly I think their core values were very different. Chad seems to be a very religious person and never talks about politics at all.
Right. Did he cheat (at least the first time) before they were even married? Not that this makes a difference since cheating is cheating but I vaguely remember that it was before they got married? If so, man, he should have told her! They might have worked it out somehow. The fact that they got married and he never told her obviously screwed over any chance of making it work.

Yes, he definitely does seem that way.

Quote:
Isnt it good? I always think of it. Its from my favorite book, The 5 People You Meet in Heaven. Its such an amazing, honest, heartbreaking book but its so good.
I love it. My very favorite quote on this subject and I've looked at so many over the last few years. Thanks, I am going to check out this book. Checking if it's available on Amazon right now.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Big time. Did they only have the actress for a limited amount of time or was this Monster's decision?
Monster's I assume
Old 02-01-2021, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Monster's I assume
Which makes it worse. Would be one thing if the actress was busy and could only do a certain amount of episodes.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Which makes it worse. Would be one thing if the actress was busy and could only do a certain amount of episodes.
Yeah, it really would be
Old 02-02-2021, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, it really would be
This storyline and killing off Keith = two big mistakes.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This storyline and killing off Keith = two big mistakes.
I still cannot get over that. I get Dan shooting Keith, brilliant....but killing him!? Wasn't it enough for the death of a troubled kid to get everyone's attention?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-02-2021, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
I still cannot get over that. I get Dan shooting Keith, brilliant....but killing him!? Wasn't it enough for the death of a troubled kid to get everyone's attention?
Precisely. It really was excessive. It actually almost took away from Jimmy’s heartbreaking suicide because everyone focused on Keith (a main character) instead. The Jimmy storyline was powerful enough on its own.

In addition, Dan is, well, Dan. But I’m still not convinced even being the creep that he was he would have murder inside of him. It takes a lot to cross that line and become a murderer and I just never really thought he was capable of murder. Hatred, revenge in other ways, being pretty vile in general, absolutely. But an actual murderer was a bit unbelievable to me. Shooting Keith in the leg or arm to hurt him is the most I’d go but literally pointing that gun and wanting to literally take Keith’s life I just can’t see it. It happened obviously but I’m not sure it was in character even if Dan was a pretty dark person.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread