Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2020, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

01) When did you first start watching One Tree Hill?

The Pilot.

02) What made you first start watching?

As a basketball player my entire life, I was intrigued by the basketball theme. I also knew of Hilarie from MTV. She had an infectious personality. After finding out she was joining the OTH cast, I couldn't wait to see her in action.

So, I tuned in for Hilarie and basketball.

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season?

Season 1. I loved the heavy basketball content, fell in love with Peyton as a character, Lucas/Peyton as THE pairing of the series. Overall, the quality was very good.

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite:

Season 1
Season 4
Season 6
Season 3
Season 5
Season 2
Season 9
Season 8
Season 7

Season 3 might be better in terms of quality over 4 and 6. However, I was so annoyed and distracted by Brucas 2.0. Then there’s Peyton dating Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy. WTF. The rest of the season is really good. Loved Leyton friends again working towards a romantic reunion, Naley getting over the Tour disaster, school shooting, character development for Peyton.

05) Favorite character and why do you like this character?

Peyton.

Hilarie was so naturally convincing. She blew me away with her raw talent. Peyton has layers. Those layers were so perfectly displayed. I loved how she battled pain but had an undeniable strength that always got her through. I can relate to the character. Peyton was my favorite from The Pilot and that was it. I never even thought about any other character taking that #1 spot. She was always my favorite.

06) Least favorite main character excluding Dan?

Brooke.

I will still never understand how her stans believe she was a victim in season 1 when she caused everything. She manipulated to even create the triangle, what she did to Peyton was despicable. I hated how she treated Haley in the early part of the series. I will never forget how she brought up Peyton's mom dying to hurt Peyton. It was evil. Even when I started liking her more in the later seasons, I still didn't warm up completely. Her miracle children was too off the wall, even for OTH. I also couldn't stand how she acted during the Angie and Sam storylines.

I just could never completely warm up to the character. I liked her more in the later seasons, however.

07) Favorite storyline of all time is:

Lucas and his books. Comet.

I just thought it was so clever how he wrote a love story for Lucas/Peyton. It was brilliant.

08) Least favorite storyline of all time:

Tie:

Lucas and Lindsey.

Pointless, took WAY too much screen time. It should have ended in length like Peyton and Julian ended. The character of Lindsey in general is just like the actress said. She was passive aggressive and manipulative.

Brucas.

I just cannot get over how they came to be in the first place. What Brooke did to get them together still makes me want to put my fist through a wall. What burns me up the most is that some blame Peyton when it was Brooke alone who manipulated. Brooke backstabbed Peyton in the worst way. She damn well knew Peyton had feelings for Lucas and didn’t care. She preferred Peyton go back to a guy who was emotionally abusive to her. Brooke is the one who betrayed. Which is why when inevitably Lucas and Peyton had that kiss in the hotel or the moment in the library, Brooke had it all coming due to karma. I could not stand the fake pregnancy on her end, only physical moments, zero emotional connection. When 2.0 happens it was a sick joke. The network wanting it for the two actors was pathetic. The writing did not justify 2.0. I loved how at least Mark did not stop writing them in a doomed way.

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why:

Lucas and Peyton.

Heart and Soul of the Series. Ephram/Amy-like qualities. They just drew me in from the start. The show was essentially over post-6 without Chad and Hilarie as Lucas/Peyton/family.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why:

Brooke and Lucas.

I hated them from the start. Brooke's manipulation was disgusting. All the lies between them. Then 2.0 happened due to Chad/Sophia and still, unhealthy, lack of emotional connection, Lucas still in love with Peyton, Brook insecure and miserable. Way too much time was dedicated to a pairing that got together under manipulative and ridiculous circumstances.

Honorable mention: Clay and Quinn. Sorry, you could never replace Lucas/Peyton. You also brought out the worst in each other at times.

11) Satisfied with the Series Finale?

I will never be satisfied with a series finale that doesn't include Lucas and Peyton. But overall it was pretty good.

12) Favorite episode of all time?

1.06 "Every Night Is Another Story" (Peyton/Haley, brothers bonding, played out like a movie)

1.07 "Life in a Glass House" (Leyton and Naley, but hated Brooke in this one)

4.09 "Some You Give Away" (Leyton! One of the most magical scenes I have ever seen, it was Everwood-like)

Basically, my favorite episodes involve Lucas/Peyton, some Nathan/Haley moments or overall great episodes like school shooting and Keith taking Dan to the Afterlife.

But if I have to pick one it’s 1.6. Perfection. I really did feel like it was a short movie.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-03-2020 at 02:28 PM
Old 03-03-2020, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Bringing over to new page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
1. When did you first start watching One Tree Hill?

2. What made you first start watching?

A friend of mine suggested the show to me.

3. Favourite season and why did you love this season?

Season 1, it's the season where I enjoyed every storyline and every character (for the most part)

4. Rank the seasons, your favourite to your least favourite:

Season 1
Season 3
Season 4
Season 6
Season 5
Season 2
Season 7
Season 9
Season 8

5. Favourite character and why do you like this character?

Peyton; I loved her connection with her and music, her relationships and imo her storylines (for the most part) were better than anyone else's.

6. Least favourite main character excluding Dan?

This answer will definitely different to everyone else's, but my choice is gotta be Nathan. I just never connected with him, thought he was as interesting as watching paint dry and overall a poorly written character outside of Naley/basketball.

7. Favourite storyline of all time is

Peyton and Ellie, it was just such an amazing arc for Peyton.

8. Least favourite storyline of all time

It's an tie between BL 2.0 and the Lindsay triangle storyline.

9. Favourite romantic couple/s and why

Lucas/Peyton, think I have talked enough about why they are my favourites

10. Least favourite romantic couple/s and why

For me, it's a tie between Brooke/Lucas and Jake/Peyton

With BL:
- I hated how quickly their relationship progressed in S1 and Brooke getting Lucas drunk just so she could hook up with him.
- Brooke lying to Lucas about being pregnant and getting away with it just because he cheated on her
- How out of nowhere Lucas' feelings for Brooke are in 2.10 and the show acting like he felt that away about him. Mouth's speech about them was also super forced too.
- Everything about them in season 3, I can't be ****ed listening everything lol

With JP:
- How out of nowhere their feelings were in S2.
- Despite how dislike for Peyton's drug storyline, I hated how the writers threw it away and made Jake look like an knight in shining armour.
- How much of their relationship revolved around Jenny and how they actually knew nothing about each other.
- The show romanticised their relationship and not pointing that a big reason why they were a thing was because Peyton was trying to give herself a family.

11. Satisfied with the Series Finale?

I was for the most part, would have been better if LP were there or at least mentioned though.

12. Favourite episode of all time?

It's an tie between 1x06 and 3x16.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

01) When did you first start watching One Tree Hill?

Season 1 finale was my first episode

02) What made you first start watching?

If I can remember, I think it was advertised on TRL and other commercials and I didn't know when it was going to be airing because I didn't have the WB Channel. So I looked for it FOREVER and finally found it on NBC, at like 2:30am through the NBC/WB Affiliate that aired the primetime shows.

03) Favorite season and why did you love this season?

It's a tie between Season 1 and Season 3. Season 1, we had the introductions to all these amazing characters and stories and fell in love with everything about Tree Hill. It was the new way of telling stories through the younger characters as well as the stories we got to see play out with the older adult characters. It was very uncommon for a show to have as developed stories for the younger characters as it did for the older characters. You really felt the animosity from Karen to Dan and him abandoning her when she was pregnant with Lucas still shaped her as an adult. Then Deb being in Tree Hill, trying to be a good citizen and the ghost of Dan's discretion still follow her around.

Then in Season 3, I feel like Season 3 captured a lot of what season 1 had. Season 2 just had so much drama that it was nice to go back to the heart of the show with basketball and everyone getting to know each other on a new level.

I really liked the building of Nathan and Haley when she returned from the tour and had to fight for what she and Nathan had and what she wanted to have with him. I really think Nathan and Haley having to go through a separation period instead of being able to have an annulment worked better for them because it forced them to work on their differences and be able to make their way back to each other.

Also, we got to see Lucas and Peyton as friends again without all the drama of Seasons 1 and 2. Nice to see them light and fluffy again

04) Rank the seasons, your favorite to your least favorite:

Season 1
Season 3
Season 6
Season 4
Season 5
Season 9
Season 8
Season 7

05) Favorite character and why do you like this character?

Peyton.

That character was put through the ringer and still came out victorious. I just love the way Hilarie portrayed her a strong but ye vulnerable at the same time. You really felt Peyton's pain when Ellie died and also when she was going through her tribulations with Brooke

06) Least favorite main character excluding Dan?

Brooke.

I have to say Brooke as well. She manipulative and vindictive and it's not just one season. Across the board in Seasons 1 through 4 she was the absolute worst. Because her parents ditched her that gave her a reason to take away what everyone wanted. Sure, she was scared to move on from high school, so is everyone. It's a new, different world. Brooke was used to being the pretty popular cheerleader and didn't want to give that up. She was tested constantly by those around her and finally it got to a point where no one wanted to take her crap anymore. Then it was like warpath for what, people finally standing up for themselves? She cannot have it both ways, no one feels that sorry for her.

07) Favorite storyline of all time is:

The comet was special in Season 1 and Season 6

I think it was Lucas and Nathan for me. They struggled so hard in the beginning to stay way from each other, but given it's a small town and Lucas was recruited to be on the basketball team, they were forced to get along. You could tell they were both geared to hate each other. Nathan was always known as the son Dan chose to raise and Deb was the one Dan chose over Karen. Lucas was always the kid who didn't have what he deserved because Dan refused to recognize Lucas as his own son until the car accident towards the end of Season 1. Through those trials and tribulations, Lucas and Nathan not only became brothers, they became friends. They broke the cycle of life not being about basketball. In Season 1, when we first met Dan's parents, we see how the game of basketball influenced Dan's relationship with his father and now Dan is passing along the same grief to his son and Nathan, with the help of Lucas, found the strength to be his own man and just walk away for a little while. Plus, Haley came into the mix because she was Lucas' best friend. Sure Nathan's intentions weren't the greatest, but he found someone that he wanted to change for and be a better man for.

08) Least favorite storyline of all time:

there's a few, most of them are in Season 7

I would say the stories that centered around Felix and Anna were completely pointless. By the season 2 finale, it was like they barely existed. In the course of Season 3, you never heard from them ever again. They were just too much drama for a town that already had too much drama.

Lindsay too. I call her Brooke Pt 2. She was able to have this rouge of being Lucas' one true love, but when Peyton came back, it was OBVIOUS who Lucas' one true love was. The thing is, Lindsay looked SHOCKED of how quick Lucas' turned to Peyton. Lindsay barely existed in Lucas' world when Peyton return to Tree Hill. She read the freakin book! She said she rooted for them. Was that a lie to make him feel better? Did Lindsay actually think she could deter Lucas' attention away from Peyton, to her?

Then what made me so mad was that she actually thought she could steer others into her direction. Like she was going to make everyone hate Peyton and somehow she wins. How juvenile. It's been done before and didn't work before either.

09) Favorite romantic couple/s and why:

Lucas and Peyton

Destiny was pushing them together. Peyton saying "you're always saving me" and Lucas replying "somebody's got to". Lucas chose to be there when Peyton needed someone there. Lucas didn't trust anyone else to be there for her and always dropped everything to be there. He knew he was in love with her, but Peyton down played it when Brooke was right there. It was so frustrating how he was always there for Peyton, just to be around her when he was "dating" Brooke. The moments of them in the library were the best. The silent, stolen moments, those defined Lucas and Peyton. They were each other's salvation.

No matter what happened in each other's lives, they were there for each other through thick and thin. Nothing would ever really tear them apart. Not St. Brooke, not Psycho Derek and whoever else came along the way.

10) Least favorite romantic couple/s and why:

Brooke and Lucas.

The chemistry was only there because of the actor's chemistry off screen. The second time around was almost pure torture. Brooke bring candy to put everyone in a sugar coma while Lucas was in an actual coma. The girl didn't have two brain cells to form a complete, coherent thought. Then Brooke went to Peyton so she could relate to her own boyfriend? That is sad and pathetic at the same time. She couldn't relate to her own boyfriend, then he doesn't need to be her own boyfriend. Lucas would rather talk to Peyton about dead authors all night then spend one hour with Brooke. She was his physical attraction, the one to have fun with. Peyton was his emotional connection for everything real going on in his world that he didn't tell anyone else about.

11) Satisfied with the Series Finale?

I feel like we had 2 series finales. When Lucas and Peyton left, the river court having "dreams do come true," that was the series finale for the two of them. Lucas' dream was to have a family with Peyton. So many dreams came true from that river court over the course of 6 years.

Season 9 finale...it was okay, but it could never capture the essence and quality that the season 6 finale did.

12) Favorite episode of all time?

The last couple of episodes of Season 6 with Sawyer being born, Karen returning. It felt more like One Tree Hill than any other episode since the first season.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-03-2020, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I LOVE your answers!

Last edited by jediwands; 03-03-2020 at 02:09 PM
Old 03-04-2020, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Great answers!
Thanks
Old 03-04-2020, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks

I love the case you made on Jake and Peyton and the negative attachments to their dynamic.

This is so true:

Quote:
The show romanticised their relationship and not pointing that a big reason why they were a thing was because Peyton was trying to give herself a family.
^ This was so unhealthy and heartbreaking. I have no idea how anyone thought the Peyton/Jake/Jenny dynamic was good for Peyton. It only held her back and focused in on Peyton’s hurt, pain and fears. It kept Peyton in this bubble of negativity/yearning for a family that she did not have.

I really wish Peyton/Jake would have remained friends. I liked that Peyton had someone to hang out with after Brooke manipulated and brought unhealthy Brooke/Lucas into reality. Ultimately, I would have preferred Peyton and Haley bonding together during this time. It would have helped Peyton so much. So much potential there. We saw in 1.6 how they clicked and Peyton looked hopeful around Haley. She needed more of that and less of babysitting Jenny and yearning for a family she didn’t have.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-04-2020 at 07:08 AM
Old 03-05-2020, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked it too

Me too, JP would have been much better friends imo
Old 03-05-2020, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love this so much

Old 03-05-2020, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^
Old 03-06-2020, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's amazing
Old 03-06-2020, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Was so happy that they were over for good in this episode, lol
Old 03-06-2020, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's amazing
Indeed.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Was so happy that they were over for good in this episode, lol
It really summed up how not meant to be they were just like Lucas/Brooke’s last scenes demonstrated how appropriate it was for them to break up for good too.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't agree about Jeyton and Brucas.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

How do you disagree? Are you saying Brooke/Lucas and Peyton/Jake were both truly in love and meant to be the endgame pairings? It's okay, if you feel this way, I just don't know what you mean because not too long ago you were saying Lucas/Peyton were the meant to be pairing of the series.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread