Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2019, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwood4Bamon (View Post)
can we stop with the BL bashing? I stan them. sorry. had to let that out. and I love Jeyton more than Leyton sorry not sorry. I'm rewatching season 2 again.
Hi, Rachel.

We are having a discussion. If you want to join in and give your thoughts on any of the pairings or characters (both positive and negative, and you certainly have in the past), please go for it. Your videos you’ve posted are more than welcome and I’ve said as much many times. Liking Brooke/Lucas and Jake/Peyton and disliking Lucas/Peyton is of course 100% okay as well! You’ve stated before why you don’t like Lucas/Peyton and like I’ve said before in the past, it's 100% fine. Everyone can freely discuss likes and dislikes as long as we don’t personally insult each other and we’ve never done that on this thread.

This is a discussion/debate thread. We are all free to state our thoughts and opinions. We are all mature here. I don’t want to censor our thoughts and feelings as a result. We never have and it’s worked out just fine. Everyone’s opinions and thoughts are welcome.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-12-2019 at 04:59 PM
Old 11-12-2019, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)

Sure will. Thanks.

Why, that is one substantial list! And an enlightening one at that. Makes total sense, thanks for explaining. (Can't think of anything to add, sorry.)

Well, Peyton already thought her and Lucas weren't a possibility, so I'd probably say they wouldn't have worked either way... but, yes, assuming Peyton had abandoned every last spark of hope, I do think they would have been able to make it work for a while. I'd use the term comfortable again and be a bit reluctant about happiness. I'd kind of picture them like an old married couple from the outset. Peyton would have been quite happy mothering Jenny for a while, though, but it would have had little to do with Jake. She just wanted a family to belong to, and that would probably have had her sticking around for a while. But I think sooner or later it would have become a frustrating affair for both of them. Because Jake would have realized she didn't really love him all that much (and that he was her second choice) and Peyton would have eventually grown out of her desperate need to belong... but potentially not before marrying Jake or even insisting on having a baby of her own for good measure. It would have been a perfect mess.
Thanks!

Excellent take. I agree. Great point about Peyton liking the mothering aspect because she craved having a family. Poor girl didn't have any family and it was so sad. Her father was never around. He worked, but I never bought his need to travel for work and leaving his teenage daughter (who still missed her mother terribly) home alone in a big empty house. Horrible. So yes, it makes total sense Peyton enjoyed the family set up because it is something she needed so much. You are right... her desire to have a family would have gotten very messy. Confusing need for family and romantic relationship wouldn't have been good.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Thanks.

Yeah... I get that part, dumb as it is. What I don't get is that they turned what should have been denial into complete and utter ignorance. I mean, at times it seemed like Lucas dead seriously believed he had no romantic feelings for Peyton at all, when we're supposed to believe that in actuality he did? (And vice-versa.) It just seems too out there to me.

... not that I expect you to help me out with that. Just ranting. Sorry.
No problem

I never once believed that

That's fine
Old 11-14-2019, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

At times, Lucas was in massive denial. But he always knew on some level.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He did
Old 11-15-2019, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

He definitely always knew on some level though. You could tell just based on his interaction with both Brooke and Lindsey when he was with them he even knew. Even while he was trying to convince both he loved them.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Hi, Rachel.

We are having a discussion. If you want to join in and give your thoughts on any of the pairings or characters (both positive and negative, and you certainly have in the past), please go for it. Your videos you’ve posted are more than welcome and I’ve said as much many times. Liking Brooke/Lucas and Jake/Peyton and disliking Lucas/Peyton is of course 100% okay as well! You’ve stated before why you don’t like Lucas/Peyton and like I’ve said before in the past, it's 100% fine. Everyone can freely discuss likes and dislikes as long as we don’t personally insult each other and we’ve never done that on this thread.

This is a discussion/debate thread. We are all free to state our thoughts and opinions. We are all mature here. I don’t want to censor our thoughts and feelings as a result. We never have and it’s worked out just fine. Everyone’s opinions and thoughts are welcome.
Thanks Michelle but I feel so anti bl here. I am rewatching and my opinion has not changed on BL and JP.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwood4Bamon (View Post)
Thanks Michelle but I feel so anti bl here. I am rewatching and my opinion has not changed on BL and JP.
Sorry.

Your opinion is your opinion and it doesn’t have to change.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
He definitely always knew on some level though. You could tell just based on his interaction with both Brooke and Lindsey when he was with them he even knew. Even while he was trying to convince both he loved them.
Very true
Old 11-16-2019, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Is there any storylines you wanted to see with the core 5, but didn't?
Asking this again because it was clearly missed, lol
Old 11-16-2019, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Is there any storylines you wanted to see with the core 5, but didn't?
Biggest ones for me:

1. No Nathan and Keith storyline. They were uncle/nephew. Really missed a goldmine here.
2. Lucas apologizing to Peyton for abandoning her in CA and his part in running. Of course they worked things out but I just wish there would’ve been more follow up and Peyton wasn’t made to look like she was in the wrong only.
3. Way more Lucas/Nathan moments.
4. Brooke getting a more stable relationship in high school.
5. More Peyton/Brooke friendship scenes, taking advantage of the Hilarie/Sophia chemistry. This irks me. Many people believe Hilarie and Sophia had the best chemistry together on the show. Due to the triangle, their chemistry and screen time was suppressed and that was ridiculous.
6. Would have liked to see Leyton and Naley going out together in season 6.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Biggest ones for me:

1. No Nathan and Keith storyline. They were uncle/nephew. Really missed a goldmine here.
2. Lucas apologizing to Peyton for abandoning her in CA and his part in running. Of course they worked things out but I just wish there would’ve been more follow up and Peyton wasn’t made to look like she was in the wrong only.
3. Way more Lucas/Nathan moments.
4. Brooke getting a more stable relationship in high school.
5. More Peyton/Brooke friendship scenes, taking advantage of the Hilarie/Sophia chemistry. This irks me. Many people believe Hilarie and Sophia had the best chemistry together on the show. Due to the triangle, their chemistry and screen time was suppressed and that was ridiculous.
6. Would have liked to see Leyton and Naley going out together in season 6.
All of that would have been nice
Old 11-16-2019, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
All of that would have been nice

Any other ones for you?
Old 11-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lucas: More of his interest in a writing career, plus his romantic relationships developed better and in a way that is less damaging to his character.

Peyton: Same with you on the Ellie front, plus I wish they did more with the drug storyline, the THUD stuff from S1 (& her art as a whole) and like Lucas, better developed romantic relationships outside of Lucas.

Nathan: Give him more interests outside of Basketball, slow down his development as a whole and better develop his friendships as a whole too.

Haley: Do more with her family as a whole and better develop her musical side too. Also don't make her so judgemental, lol

Brooke: Keep her away from Lucas romantically after S1. Better develop her interest in fashion in the first 2 seasons, introduce her parents into the show much earlier and tbh, I would have been really tempted to make her bi too.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Closed Thread   Post New Thread