Fan Forum

Fan Forum (http://www.fanforum.com/)
-   Everwood (http://www.fanforum.com/f104/)
-   -   Everwood Fans On OTH #33: Boring, Stupid, Fake, Undignified, Crazy. - Michaela McManus on Lindsey Strauss (http://www.fanforum.com/f104/everwood-fans-oth-33-boring-stupid-fake-undignified-crazy-michaela-mcmanus-lindsey-strauss-63231929/)

Auror 11-11-2019 04:48 PM

Everwood Fans On OTH #33: Boring, Stupid, Fake, Undignified, Crazy. - Michaela McManus on Lindsey Strauss
 

https://mybookescapee.files.wordpres...8-1000-665.jpg



Rules

1.This is an independent discussion of OTH. Share thoughts on episodes and characters.

2. No attacking or being rude to thoughts and opinions. This board has always had a peaceful tone and it will remain that way.




https://i.skyrock.net/9447/70209447/...85294056_1.jpg



Complete OTH Rewatch Links:

http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w...five-63132488/
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post78114963
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post78357853
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post78759178
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post79142874
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post79546895
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post79755488
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post80030407
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post80329820
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post80763051
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post81171397
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post81528210
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w...read-63150482/
http://www.fanforum.com/f104/binge-w.../#post82069193

16 TV Couples That RUINED Amazing Shows | Screen Rant

stlavin95 11-11-2019 04:50 PM

Thanks for the new thread

Auror 11-11-2019 04:53 PM

Welcome!

Title's too good not to use one more time. :lol:

stlavin95 11-11-2019 04:58 PM

I know :lol:

Auror 11-11-2019 06:29 PM

LOL. :lol:

everwoodfan52 11-11-2019 08:40 PM

This is sickening........



ds44 11-11-2019 08:50 PM

Tftnt

Abomasum 11-11-2019 11:10 PM

Hi. Sorry I haven't been feeling very chatty the past few days. I know it's been a while, but here are some overdue replies...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel
I think BPL worked for one season, but that's partly because they clearly only planning to do it S1 only originally. Not sure either, but they could have made it work for a while at least.

Good luck with that when you do :loll

Yeah, I agree it worked well enough in S1. After that it became really quite confusing. I find it hard to believe that people would be able to be so completely in the dark about their own heart's desires for any length of time, but that long? How on earth does that happen?!

Yeah, I guess you're probably right. They could have somehow made NPL last a little longer, even with an indifferent Nathan... Peyton was certainly self-destructive enough to stay anyway.

Thanks! :lol: I'll probably need it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle
:D I'd say 98% of people who post on this thread ship Leyton. Not that you have to ship the pairing to post here but I think you'll enjoy the thoughts on this thread. :)

Oh, absolutely. I'm enjoying the thoughts on this thread already. :) It's moving a bit too fast for me, but I'm reading.

Quote:

Agreed. The characters are so unhealthy together. It's like Ephram/Madison in a way...
I'd love to hear you elaborate on that. I mean, I agree they're both unhealthy, but what other parallels would you draw?

Quote:

Jake was such a good guy. :nod: I think he arrived in Peyton's life at the precise moment she needed a friend. It was perfect. I wish they would have stayed friends. So true about lacking passion... you can absolutely see the lack of passion, especially during their last moments together when Jake was basically saying as much to Peyton.
:nod: He really was. And he was very good for Peyton, although I kind of feel it was for the best that they did not continue a friendship. Because I think he actually did love her and it would have been heartbreaking for him - and Peyton seemed confused enough about her feelings even without that baggage.

Quote:

I totally agree. It's pretty amazing that one of the main reasons Hilarie (and others) stayed as long as they did was because they didn't want to upset the fandom by ending OTH early. If they only knew there's people like us who would have easily been okay with this as long as their well being was restored.
I should hope they would have expected that people would understand and be okay with it given disclosure of the circumstances. They would have had a right to expect that, because that's just common decency. But I think the disclosure part was the major factor, and I hate that they must have felt like they couldn't talk about what was happening and get that pig fired... :(



Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricia
Leo! Welcome :high_five: You are so right on. Lucas and Peyton had their fairytale ending, even if it wasn't when the entire series ended. That baby in the backseat and them riding off into their so-called sunset was the perfect ending for them. They had their life, their baby and just needed to get away from a town that had already caused them so much heartache. They were running to something better, something that was made for the Scott Family.

Ephram and Amy, IMO, didn't really get an ending. They got a beginning. The Ferris wheel was a beginning for them. :nod: It was a beginning of a life that both Ephram and Amy knew would never tear them apart ever again. No matter what would come their way, they loved each other.

Thanks Patricia! :high_five: And :clap: to the rest - spoken like a true fan.

With Ephram/Amy, I was not trying to say that I was dissatisfied with their ending. Because I really am not, I love it. What I meant was that their romantic sequences throughout the show were few and far between, which did not satisfy my sappy need for romance. And that was one hell of a lot better with Lucas/Peyton... I can watch through all their scenes and then start again right away without ever getting bored. :D (My memory is surprisingly short at the moment, I watch to season 6 and will genuinely have forgotten how the show started.)

Quote:

I still think that Lucas and Peyton should've married at the end of Season 5 and had the entire season 6 as a married couple. The name Peyton Scott still gives me chill bumps. We waited so long for them two to finally get married and, yeah, it was just 1 episode before we said goodbye to them. That finale, whoever wrote it...I really believe Mark didn't write the thing, he'd need a heart to write something that good. Anyway, the part about the finale landing on the river court with the line "Dreams Do Come True" was just such a throwback to the pilot and it had so much heart. I can still remember watching it for the first time and really thought, and still do, that finales don't get better than the one we got right there.
To be honest, I'm not exactly a sucker for marriage, so I don't have particularly strong feelings about that. But I shall admit that I love the way Lucas and Peyton relished the change of her last name to Scott. Absolutely adorable. What do you think would have been different had they gotten married at the end of season 5 (other than "Peyton Scott", of course)? And yes, the S6 finale is sweet...

As to that guy writing the episode or not... I couldn't say. I am clearly not very knowledgeable in regard to the show and what transpired behind the scenes. I'll just throw out there that psychopaths are often incredibly good at mimicking normal human emotion. So, I would almost assume that if a serial killer can get a young girl to trust him enough to get into his car in the middle of the night, then that guy will probably have been able to write that episode, too. The heart that went into it came from the actors and not so much the writing anyway.


Quote:

Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (Post 99168460)
This is sickening.......

So very, very much. Yes. :irked:

stlavin95 11-12-2019 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abomasum (Post 99169184)
Hi. Sorry I haven't been feeling very chatty the past few days. I know it's been a while, but here are some overdue replies...


Yeah, I agree it worked well enough in S1. After that it became really quite confusing. I find it hard to believe that people would be able to be so completely in the dark about their own heart's desires for any length of time, but that long? How on earth does that happen?!

Yeah, I guess you're probably right. They could have somehow made NPL last a little longer, even with an indifferent Nathan... Peyton was certainly self-destructive enough to stay anyway.

Thanks! :lol: I'll probably need it.

That's fine, hopefully you feel better now

It's called what happens when writers only plan for a triangle to go on for a season and they are forced to change their plans because the network wants to take advantage of a off screen relationship.

They certainly could have

No problem :lol:

stlavin95 11-12-2019 03:05 AM

Is there any storylines you wanted to see with the core 5, but didn't?

Auror 11-12-2019 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ds44 (Post 99168523)
Tftnt

Welcome! :)

Auror 11-12-2019 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (Post 99168460)
This is sickening........

Sickening, indeed. :blank:

Auror 11-12-2019 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abomasum (Post 99169184)
Oh, absolutely. I'm enjoying the thoughts on this thread already. :) It's moving a bit too fast for me, but I'm reading.

Jump right in when you want to. :)

Quote:

I'd love to hear you elaborate on that. I mean, I agree they're both unhealthy, but what other parallels would you draw?
Let’s see:

Lucas/Brooke and Ephram/Madison parallels:

1. Both relationships were doomed from the start.
2. Both relationships lacked an emotional connection. Lucas ran to Peyton, Haley, and his mom when he truly needed someone. He didn’t trust Brooke. Ephram just didn’t have Madison in this way.
3. Brooke knew Lucas turned away from her when things got tough. It hurt her. Ephram knew Madison didn’t want to be seen in public with him and it messed with his brain and heart.
4. Both relationships used sex as a way to cover up for the absent emotional connection.
5. Both relationships had the topic of pregnancy as a big part of their relationship... pregnancy scare for Brucas with Brooke even lying about it. Ephram/Madison having a pregnancy that happened and was used in a very negative way (Madison waiting forever to tell Ephram).
6. Both relationships were used primarily to delay the main, meant to be pairings of Lucas and Peyton and Ephram and Amy.

Quote:

:nod: He really was. And he was very good for Peyton, although I kind of feel it was for the best that they did not continue a friendship. Because I think he actually did love her and it would have been heartbreaking for him - and Peyton seemed confused enough about her feelings even without that baggage.
That is a great point.

Do you think Peyton/Jake would have worked romantically if Lucas and Peyton wouldn’t have been possible? Let’s say Peyton and Jake would have tried making it work long term... What type of relationship do you think they would have had? Would there have been some happiness even if passion was lacking?

Quote:

I should hope they would have expected that people would understand and be okay with it given disclosure of the circumstances. They would have had a right to expect that, because that's just common decency. But I think the disclosure part was the major factor, and I hate that they must have felt like they couldn't talk about what was happening and get that pig fired... :(
Agreed. :(

Abomasum 11-12-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlavin95 (Post 99170481)
That's fine, hopefully you feel better now

It's called what happens when writers only plan for a triangle to go on for a season and they are forced to change their plans because the network wants to take advantage of a off screen relationship.

They certainly could have

No problem :lol:

Thanks.

Yeah... I get that part, dumb as it is. What I don't get is that they turned what should have been denial into complete and utter ignorance. I mean, at times it seemed like Lucas dead seriously believed he had no romantic feelings for Peyton at all, when we're supposed to believe that in actuality he did? (And vice-versa.) It just seems too out there to me.

... not that I expect you to help me out with that. Just ranting. Sorry. :lol:



Quote:

Originally Posted by Auror (Post 99170965)
Jump right in when you want to. :)

Sure will. Thanks.

Quote:

Let’s see:

Lucas/Brooke and Ephram/Madison parallels:

1. Both relationships were doomed from the start.
2. Both relationships lacked an emotional connection. Lucas ran to Peyton, Haley, and his mom when he truly needed someone. He didn’t trust Brooke. Ephram just didn’t have Madison in this way.
3. Brooke knew Lucas turned away from her when things got tough. It hurt her. Ephram knew Madison didn’t want to be seen in public with him and it messed with his brain and heart.
4. Both relationships used sex as a way to cover up for the absent emotional connection.
5. Both relationships had the topic of pregnancy as a big part of their relationship... pregnancy scare for Brucas with Brooke even lying about it. Ephram/Madison having a pregnancy that happened and was used in a very negative way (Madison waiting forever to tell Ephram).
6. Both relationships were used primarily to delay the main, meant to be pairings of Lucas and Peyton and Ephram and Amy.
Why, that is one substantial list! And an enlightening one at that. Makes total sense, thanks for explaining. :) (Can't think of anything to add, sorry.)

Quote:

Do you think Peyton/Jake would have worked romantically if Lucas and Peyton wouldn’t have been possible? Let’s say Peyton and Jake would have tried making it work long term... What type of relationship do you think they would have had? Would there have been some happiness even if passion was lacking?
Well, Peyton already thought her and Lucas weren't a possibility, so I'd probably say they wouldn't have worked either way... but, yes, assuming Peyton had abandoned every last spark of hope, I do think they would have been able to make it work for a while. I'd use the term comfortable again and be a bit reluctant about happiness. I'd kind of picture them like an old married couple from the outset. Peyton would have been quite happy mothering Jenny for a while, though, but it would have had little to do with Jake. She just wanted a family to belong to, and that would probably have had her sticking around for a while. But I think sooner or later it would have become a frustrating affair for both of them. Because Jake would have realized she didn't really love him all that much (and that he was her second choice) and Peyton would have eventually grown out of her desperate need to belong... but potentially not before marrying Jake or even insisting on having a baby of her own for good measure. It would have been a perfect mess.

Forwood4Bamon 11-12-2019 07:54 AM

can we stop with the BL bashing? I stan them. sorry. had to let that out. and I love Jeyton more than Leyton sorry not sorry. I'm rewatching season 2 again.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.
Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.