It was just an massive waste of time really
Old 01-11-2019, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Everyone would better off if they ended after S1
Old 01-11-2019, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Sucks. No marriage would have equaled no Brucas 2.0. That in itself is frustrating in looking back. Brucas 2.0 was so hard on the eyes.
I will never agree about BL. I didn't like LP. or well I had a hard time getting intio them.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Very hard indeed
It was wasting precious screentime on a pairing that was only on the screen at this point because of a real life marriage that eventually crashed. What wasted space.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It was just an massive waste of time really
Old 01-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
everyone would better off if they ended after s1
100%.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Yeah, I do reading rumours about Chad and Sophia getting into arguments on set during his past 2 seasons on set
yeah I heard about that too. I didn't hate BL, but I did hate their fanbase and still do. They are just super obnoxious about a pairing that was clearly transitory. It was painful watching this boy force himself to have feelings for this girl. It just got to the point where the BL relationship was embarrassing to watch.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I will never agree about BL. I didn't like LP. or well I had a hard time getting intio them.
I'm sorry you feel this way, Rachel, but of course, you can't help how you feel.

I wish you would have liked Lucas/Peyton because they were THE pairing of the series (along with Naley). But Lucas/Peyton, like Ephram/Amy, were established as the meant to be/endgame pairing in The Pilot. It was immediately understood.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-11-2019 at 09:26 AM
Old 01-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
yeah I heard about that too. I didn't hate BL, but I did hate their fanbase and still do. They are just super obnoxious about a pairing that was clearly transitory. It was painful watching this boy force himself to have feelings for this girl. It just got to the point where the BL relationship was embarrassing to watch.
They were clearly transitory, so nicely stated, Shu. It was so painful watching it go down. Lucas wasn't trying to hurt Brooke, he couldn't help it, he didn't have it deep inside of him. Brooke knew it too. She knew they weren't meant to be together but she tried to force it until she finally said enough. Lucas tried and suffered throughout the entire process. I remember putting my hands over my eyes during certain Brooke/Lucas moments. Trying to force something over and over again just makes me uncomfortable.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Brooke/Lucas never had an emotional connection. Lucas ran to Peyton, Karen, Haley, anyone but Brooke when things got tough. Never Brooke because they didn't have an emotional connection. He never took her seriously regarding the important matters in life. That is a fact. It is why Brooke shed endless tears. She knew he never considered her an important part of his life in this way. It was bad.

Brucas 2.0 happened only because Chad/Sophia were together and got married for two seconds, no other reason. The network wanted it, Mark didn't, but he went along with it because the network was calling. However, once again, Brooke/Lucas were unhealthy, fighting constantly, Lucas going to others instead of Brooke, Brooke constantly feeling hurt and confused. They were unhealthy.

I don't know how anyone could be a fan of Brooke/Lucas if you like either character individually. They hurt each other constantly, endless fighting, confusion. They had a physical relationship but as we know, that is not a recipe for anything long term. Emotional connection didn't exist. Not good.

Sophia was a Lucas/Peyton shipper from day 1. She liked Lucas/Peyton before her marriage to Chad shattered. She wore Lucas/Peyton t-shirts to OTH functions. That says it all. She understood Brucas was not the right pairing for Brooke, not even close. She knew Lucas/Peyton were the meant to be pairing and she loved them.

So I do feel for Brooke/Lucas shippers (I never directly interacted with them live, so I don't have a personal perspective on how they were back in the day) because they never had a chance. They weren't constructed as the meant to be pairing, just the opposite. But like I said, when Sophia was shouting out to anyone who would listen in so many words not to ship Brooke/Lucas, it was telling. She knew they were unhealthy and not long term. She shipped Lucas/Peyton. She liked/bought, embraced the story.

Lucas and Peyton were perfect together. They made each other happy. They had layers and layers of substance-filled characteristics necessary for a long lasting relationship. Friends first, emotional connection established immediately, then fell for each other romantically. They had perfectly balanced depth. You couldn't have asked for better traits. Ephram/Amy and Lucas/Peyton both had this in spades.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I hate BL, that's for sure Might be less if it wasn't for their fans though
Old 01-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It was wasting precious screentime on a pairing that was only on the screen at this point because of a real life marriage that eventually crashed. What wasted space.
It really is
Old 01-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Brooke/Lucas never had an emotional connection. Lucas ran to Peyton, Karen, Haley, anyone but Brooke when things got tough. Never Brooke because they didn't have an emotional connection. He never took her seriously regarding the important matters in life. That is a fact. It is why Brooke shed endless tears. She knew he never considered her an important part of his life in this way. It was bad.

Brucas 2.0 happened only because Chad/Sophia were together and got married for two seconds, no other reason. The network wanted it, Mark didn't, but he went along with it because the network was calling. However, once again, Brooke/Lucas were unhealthy, fighting constantly, Lucas going to others instead of Brooke, Brooke constantly feeling hurt and confused. They were unhealthy.

I don't know how anyone could be a fan of Brooke/Lucas if you like either character individually. They hurt each other constantly, endless fighting, confusion. They had a physical relationship but as we know, that is not a recipe for anything long term. Emotional connection didn't exist. Not good.

Sophia was a Lucas/Peyton shipper from day 1. She liked Lucas/Peyton before her marriage to Chad shattered. She wore Lucas/Peyton t-shirts to OTH functions. That says it all. She understood Brucas was not the right pairing for Brooke, not even close. She knew Lucas/Peyton were the meant to be pairing and she loved them.

So I do feel for Brooke/Lucas shippers (I never directly interacted with them live, so I don't have a personal perspective on how they were back in the day) because they never had a chance. They weren't constructed as the meant to be pairing, just the opposite. But like I said, when Sophia was shouting out to anyone who would listen in so many words not to ship Brooke/Lucas, it was telling. She knew they were unhealthy and not long term. She shipped Lucas/Peyton. She liked/bought, embraced the story.

Lucas and Peyton were perfect together. They made each other happy. They had layers and layers of substance-filled characteristics necessary for a long lasting relationship. Friends first, emotional connection established immediately, then fell for each other romantically. They had perfectly balanced depth. You couldn't have asked for better traits. Ephram/Amy and Lucas/Peyton both had this in spades.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
100%.
Hard to argue that really
Old 01-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread