Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2018, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Leyton cheated but Brooke manipulated.

Brooke had sex with Nathan while Peyton/Nate were off again in their continued on and off relationship.

Brooke laughed and made fun of Peyton’s deceased mother.

Brooke wasnt a good friend to Peyton which is why Peyton was so drawn to Lucas and Haley.

Brooke hurt Peyton way more.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Very true
Old 11-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Which is why Leyton having two moments doesn’t compare to the level of hurt Brooke gave Peyton.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No it doesn't
Old 11-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Favourite Peyton/Nathan scene?
Old 11-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
No it doesn't
Old 11-11-2018, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Some people don't see that way
Old 11-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Favourite Peyton/Nathan scene?

This entire episode was nice because it was indirectly brought up that Nathan was awful to Peyton but that he did respect her and was trying to make up for it.

Also... not a scene but I did like how Peyton stuck up for Nathan when Haley went on Tour and Nathan was sinking. She made it known he had it bad and was loyal to him just due to history and the friendship they developed.

You?
Old 11-11-2018, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
Leyton cheated but Brooke manipulated.

Yes, they cheated. But it wasn't like Brooke was going ALL OUT to figure out what her relationship with Lucas really meant. She was more focused on being the most important person in his life rather than the person he needed the most in his life.

Quote:
Brooke had sex with Nathan while Peyton/Nate were off again in their continued on and off relationship.

I was SO MAD when it was the same excuse "Brooke was drunk" and that made everything okay. Nathan was drunk too, everyone at that party was drunk. So why does she get this free pass when doing something stupid. It doesn't matter that Nathan and Peyton had broken up for the millionth time or that Nathan and Peyton were terrible together anyway. It matters that Nathan was with Peyton. When it's Peyton that's hurt, Brooke doesn't seem to care. When it's Brooke that's hurt, the world stops to pick up the poor little broken pieces. Give me a break!

Quote:
Brooke laughed and made fun of Peyton’s deceased mother.

See, this is the reason why I cannot really be on the Team Brooke page. She made fun of not one but both of Peyton's deceased moms. It's not enough that Peyton had to watch both her mom's die, but then it has to be grinded into her soul by someone she thought would always be there for her.

Quote:
Brooke wasnt a good friend to Peyton which is why Peyton was so drawn to Lucas and Haley.

Brooke is friends with someone when it's convenient to Brooke. When she's in need of something or it looks good on paper, then everything is okay. The minute Brooke is in a bad mood or someone makes her mad, everyone is on the chopping block. There is no fair way with her, it's only Brooke's way

Quote:
Brooke hurt Peyton way more.

The thing about Brooke is that she knew what she was doing. Peyton was reacting out of pure heart when she was with Lucas behind Brooke's back. I'm not justifying Peyton and Lucas' actions because they cheated. I am justifying it because Brooke found ways to hurt Peyton, actually thought of the words and then said them. So yeah, Brooke is a lot worse then Peyton ever was.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-11-2018, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

This entire episode was nice because it was indirectly brought up that Nathan was awful to Peyton but that he did respect her and was trying to make up for it.

Also... not a scene but I did like how Peyton stuck up for Nathan when Haley went on Tour and Nathan was sinking. She made it known he had it bad and was loyal to him just due to history and the friendship they developed.

You?
That scene is my favourite too
Old 11-12-2018, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sometimes I wonder if Brooke's character would have been better off if LP never cheated on her
Old 11-12-2018, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if Brooke's character would have been better off if LP never cheated on her

I doubt it. Lucas would've always gone to Peyton. It wasn't even about the cheating, I think. It was about Peyton was able to give Lucas something that Brooke never could and it had nothing to do with sex and Brooke never understood that. I think Brooke resented Peyton for having that connection with Lucas that Brooke would never have.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
Yes, they cheated. But it wasn't like Brooke was going ALL OUT to figure out what her relationship with Lucas really meant. She was more focused on being the most important person in his life rather than the person he needed the most in his life.
Absolutely. Brooke was a flawed character but she was 100 times more annoying anywhere near Lucas. She manipulated and screwed over Peyton by getting together with Lucas in the first place. She had to liquor him up and get him a tattoo in order to go there which is disgustingly pathetic.

So yes, Brooke's horrible behavior is why the Leyton hotel moment and even the library moment do not even bother me much. The hurt Brooke caused Peyton for years was way worse. Brooke was so pathetic anywhere near Lucas. She should have figured that out in season 1, not seasons 3/4.

Quote:
I was SO MAD when it was the same excuse "Brooke was drunk" and that made everything okay. Nathan was drunk too, everyone at that party was drunk. So why does she get this free pass when doing something stupid. It doesn't matter that Nathan and Peyton had broken up for the millionth time or that Nathan and Peyton were terrible together anyway. It matters that Nathan was with Peyton. When it's Peyton that's hurt, Brooke doesn't seem to care. When it's Brooke that's hurt, the world stops to pick up the poor little broken pieces. Give me a break!
Amen.

I remember when this episode aired... the Brooke and Brucas stans were such apologists and tried to turn even this situation on Peyton and Leyton, lol. Nope, not working, people. Ever.

Quote:
See, this is the reason why I cannot really be on the Team Brooke page. She made fun of not one but both of Peyton's deceased moms. It's not enough that Peyton had to watch both her mom's die, but then it has to be grinded into her soul by someone she thought would always be there for her.
Pure evil if you ask me. What Brooke did to Peyton was dark. You don't do that to your enemies, let alone someone you claim to care about. It's definitely why Brooke remained my least favorite out of the mains throughout the entire series. I don't even care that she gets better in season 5 (though I think she still embraced the victim role which bothered me tremendously) either. The damage was already done in those earlier seasons.

Quote:
Brooke is friends with someone when it's convenient to Brooke. When she's in need of something or it looks good on paper, then everything is okay. The minute Brooke is in a bad mood or someone makes her mad, everyone is on the chopping block. There is no fair way with her, it's only Brooke's way
So sad but so true.

Quote:
The thing about Brooke is that she knew what she was doing. Peyton was reacting out of pure heart when she was with Lucas behind Brooke's back. I'm not justifying Peyton and Lucas' actions because they cheated. I am justifying it because Brooke found ways to hurt Peyton, actually thought of the words and then said them. So yeah, Brooke is a lot worse then Peyton ever was.
100%. Completely agree.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That scene is my favourite too
Great scene.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
She had major issues and was a not so great person well before the hotel scene, certainly the library scene. So I don't really think so. All those scenes accomplished was allowing Brooke to enter her favorite mode... victim mode. Otherwise, she was still a self absorbed manipulator that only looked out for herself, causing pain to others if they were in her way. If anything, the hotel scene should have allowed her to see the light and change her life for the better. Brooke changing her ways was going to take time regardless.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread