Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I could totally see that.
Would have been interesting to see
Old 11-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Hahah
*shakes head*
Old 11-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I really always wanted Jake and Brooke to make something work. I feel that Jake would've given Brooke the love that she deserved. Brooke would've given Jake the fun and spice of life that he deserved in spite of being a teenage father. I believe they could've made it work
Would you have still done Jake and Peyton?
Old 11-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The other thing... Luke and Jake were a lot alike...

Introverted
Sensitive
Reserved
Down to earth

They definitely had a similar personality. It just would have made sense Brooke would have been attracted to Jake. He’d like her back too, which is something Lucas could never fully accomplish.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I couldn’t agree more Patricia and you summed up precisely why they would have worked. What a shame it never happened.
I feel like there was SO MUCH FOCUS on the Brooke/Lucas/Peyton triangle that seems to never end made it so that nothing else could happen either.

We all want to think that everything was justified because Peyton and Lucas eventually ended up together. But at the same time, a lot of story lines could've paved the way for some other relationships, like Brooke and Jake. Brooke probably still would've ended up with Julian, but why not have some other really nice guys along the way. The only nice guy that Brooke dated was Chase and look how long that took to develop. Yeah, a lot of missed opportunities.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-09-2018, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The other thing... Luke and Jake were a lot alike...

Introverted
Sensitive
Reserved
Down to earth

They definitely had a similar personality. It just would have made sense Brooke would have been attracted to Jake. He’d like her back too, which is something Lucas could never fully accomplish.
That's all very true
Old 11-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I feel like there was SO MUCH FOCUS on the Brooke/Lucas/Peyton triangle that seems to never end made it so that nothing else could happen either.

We all want to think that everything was justified because Peyton and Lucas eventually ended up together. But at the same time, a lot of story lines could've paved the way for some other relationships, like Brooke and Jake. Brooke probably still would've ended up with Julian, but why not have some other really nice guys along the way. The only nice guy that Brooke dated was Chase and look how long that took to develop. Yeah, a lot of missed opportunities.
It's sad to think what else could have been explored if the triangle ended after Season 1 like it was suppose too.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I get that there was this massive triangle in Season 1. It didn't benefit anyone, but it happened. But the rivalry of the second time around was just ruthless. It served no purpose just for another fight to begin. It wasn't even about Lucas it was bragging rights almost. The same old story, Brooke vs Peyton. Lucas barely even knew they were fighting, men never do know what's going on. It was just awful to see it go on for so long and to have it be as bitter as it was.

Main reason I can never really like the character of Brooke Davis, Season 3 and 4 ruined her for me.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-09-2018, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I get that there was this massive triangle in Season 1. It didn't benefit anyone, but it happened. But the debauchery of the second time around was just ruthless. It served no purpose just for another fight to begin. It wasn't even about Lucas it was bragging rights almost. The same old story, Brooke vs Peyton. Lucas barely even knew they were fighting, men never do know what's going on. It was just awful to see it go on for so long and to have it be as bitter as it was.

Main reason I can never really like the character of Brooke Davis, Season 3 and 4 ruined her for me.
What makes part 2 worse was because it only happened due to the network wanting to take advantage of Chad/Sophia's relationship
Old 11-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What makes part 2 worse was because it only happened due to the network wanting to take advantage of Chad/Sophia's relationship
Exactly! They wanted to capitalize on the real life romance that had nothing to do with the characters. Then, what do you know, the real life couple split and it was SO UNCOMFORTABLE to watch. It's not just know what was really going on in the actors, but the connection was gone. You could tell that it was like cold as ice between them.

That's why I believe people loved their story so much in Season 2. It wasn't Brooke and Lucas' connection, it was Chad and Sophia's connection. They didn't have to pretend, it was already there. Watching late Season 2 and watching late Season 3, it was like a night and day difference. Then Lucas' dream of which girl he should marry in Season 6, I couldn't watch it. Lucas Scott-Davis? Are you serious? It was so bad and even badly acted. You could tell the actors didn't want to do it, the connection was there. Those two didn't want to be on the same planet as each other, much less sharing screen time as a married couple. Ah, it was just awful to watch.

The fight between Brooke and Lucas in the Season 3 finale was on point! It wasn't Brooke and Lucas fighting it was Chad and Sophia fighting. She was ready to go. She had to put all of her real emotions about everything that happened in her marriage to Chad and everything about the divorce inside of her and couldn't put it into her work. Finally, she was able to use all of her emotions, her pain, her sadness into her work at the right person, on and off screen. Sophia had a lot to say to Chad and fortunately, her work allowed her to do it and she did it well. She also got to use some of that anger in a scene with Brooke and Peyton when Peyton confessed her feelings to about Lucas. You could hear Sophia's voice echo across the studio.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-09-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly! They wanted to capitalize on the real life romance that had nothing to do with the characters. Then, what do you know, the real life couple split and it was SO UNCOMFORTABLE to watch. It's not just know what was really going on in the actors, but the connection was gone. You could tell that it was like cold as ice between them.

That's why I believe people loved their story so much in Season 2. It wasn't Brooke and Lucas' connection, it was Chad and Sophia's connection. They didn't have to pretend, it was already there. Watching late Season 2 and watching late Season 3, it was like a night and day difference. Then Lucas' dream of which girl he should marry in Season 6, I couldn't watch it. Lucas Scott-Davis? Are you serious? It was so bad and even badly acted. You could tell the actors didn't want to do it, the connection was there. Those two didn't want to be on the same planet as each other, much less sharing screen time as a married couple. Ah, it was just awful to watch.

The fight between Brooke and Lucas in the Season 3 finale was on point! It wasn't Brooke and Lucas fighting it was Chad and Sophia fighting. She was ready to go. She had to put all of her real emotions about everything that happened in her marriage to Chad and everything about the divorce inside of her and couldn't put it into her work. Finally, she was able to use all of her emotions, her pain, her sadness into her work at the right person, on and off screen. Sophia had a lot to say to Chad and fortunately, her work allowed her to do it and she did it well. She also got to use some of that anger in a scene with Brooke and Peyton when Peyton confessed her feelings to about Lucas. You could hear Sophia's voice echo across the studio.

Another thing for me is that Luke's feelings came out of nowhere and the writers seriously tried to make us believe that he felt that way all along, which was just insulting.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

The triangle was a wasted space pile of trash. Do you know if Monster was always determined to write the triangle? Wasn’t Brooke only going to be a guest star? Was the original triangle Luke/Peyton/Nathan then it was switched to Brooke/Luke/Peyton?

So many missed opportunities as a result of the nightmare triangle.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The triangle was a wasted space pile of trash. Do you know if Monster was always determined to write the triangle? Wasn’t Brooke only going to be a guest star? Was the original triangle Luke/Peyton/Nathan then it was switched to Brooke/Luke/Peyton?

So many missed opportunities as a result of the nightmare triangle.
There really was

We should make a list of the opportunities
Old 11-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Nice conversation, you guys.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread