New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)

It's seriously insulting to relationships. It's like she just has to make Lucas her boy toy and do everything upon everything with him. Lucas has proven to her time and time again that he's not that guy who just wants sex. He's a guy you can sit on the couch with and watch a movie for two hours and just actually watch the movie. He's the guy who will read a book cover to cover just to read the book, not to get something out of it besides a new outlook on life. Does she realize that makes her less desirable?
Right! Brooke is a complete joke in season 1 (and a couple other seasons). It's actually incredible she'd have such high self esteem to think she was worthy of someone as decent as Lucas. Sorry but she's not even in his class. Why wouldn't she be self conscious about how smart he was and his love for literature? She cannot remotely allow his intellect to be energized. She doesn't care about literature, she has no desire to talk about world events/current events, let alone writing/literature. What can she offer him besides sex? Nothing yet she still persists. She knew she could take advantage of his kindness and basically stalked him until he gave in. What makes Brooke so awful is she found a way to seduce him and then screams that she's a victim after reality hits her in the face... Lucas doesn't have strong desire to be with her in a true romantic sort of way, and her supposed best friend in Peyton is a way better match with Lucas since they both mutually have a strong emotional/romantic connection and are way better suited for each other. But of course Brooke acts like she's being victimized when these realities come true (considering she knew they were true well before she seduced and manipulated) and then played the victim. Sickening. Brooke Davis is repulsive in those early seasons.

Quote:
Again, doing something reckless! Going into a pool, getting naked, in a pool that isn't yours. In a pool that belongs to a person that you don't know. How much worse can it get. I realize she doesn't have rules or anything because her parents aren't around.

I think Lucas loosening up is a good thing, but how much more looser does Lucas have to get? It's time and time again, that Brooke is just the easy target. She doesn't want to start a real relationship because she doesn't want to get involved. She wants to know everything about Lucas, but doesn't want him to know anything about her. The hot and cold aspects are just too much. She's screwed up and everyone knows it. How did he love her and convince himself he was IN LOVE with her?
So true. It is my opinion that the network (who wanted Chad and Sophia, thus, the Brucas revisit) actually convinced Lucas that he loved Brooke since the storyline didn't dictate this reality. Lucas was never in love with Brooke. He was only in love with Peyton. I laugh at that pretty girl nickname he had for Brooke because it's telling. He found her pretty... and not much else.

Quote:
Yes he did. Karen would have kicked him to the moon and back and ready to kick his ass again. Lucas knew what was going to happen with Keith around, so he did it anyway. And the look Keith gave Lucas, Keith knew it was all about sex, everyone knew it. I just wish Keith had laid down more of the parent law. Keith knows who Lucas really is, where his heart really is. He knew it wasn't with Brooke.
Absolutely. The second that tattoo became infected Keith should have 100% put his feet into the ground and told Lucas he was only playing by his rules from that point forward or else he'd call Karen home. Keith was way too nice. Brooke should have been ashamed for her influence and what she pulled. Then Brooke's sick clueless act with Peyton... "Are you mad at me?" "You are my best friend!" acting all fake and stupid not understanding why Peyton had difficulty with her situation with Lucas. If I heard Brooke telling Peyton she was her best friend one more time I was going to pull my hair out. Brooke was barely even a human being she was so despicable/borderline evil, let alone anyone's best friend. Gross.

Quote:
This is the part that gets me. It's obvious that Peyton had feelings for Lucas, and still did. Brooke, of course, didn't care. Why would she go on and on about how great of a kisser he is and great of a guy he is right in front of Peyton. It's seriously insulting. Then goes on and on why she's Peyton's best friend and cares about her and wants to fix what's wrong. Hell, BROOKE IS WHAT'S WRONG! It's really embarrassing how Brooke was the one who made things wrong but yet always asked what was wrong.
Exactly. This is why I want Jerry to watch seasons 1-4. He's only seen season 5 and part of the later seasons so views Brooke as nice and Peyton as not so nice. As we know you have to watch seasons 1-4 to get the real answers on who has the heart of gold (Peyton) and who played a manipulative witch (Brooke) for a super long time period. For me, even in those later seasons, Brooke had her "I am a victim" moments too. But as we know, seasons 1-4, Brooke truly was from hell.

Quote:
I remember watching that scene first time around too! I still remember the look on Lucas' face when he looked at Peyton. Like 'please say something', 'please don't leave'. Then he looked at Brooke and had that face of 'you shouldn't be here'. His face screamed Peyton at that doorway, every sense of the word. Peyton poured her heart out to him. It was exactly what Lucas wanted to hear and he heard it. I just wonder what would've happened if Brooke hadn't showed up that moment and took a little more time, she might've walked in on something. Oh the fanfic possibilities that would've been
So true. Lucas should have listened to Haley. Haley knew deep down Peyton had strong feelings for Lucas and she was just scared and hesitant. Haley instructed Lucas to basically wait it out. Brooke beat him down too much though and he was seduced. Sickening. Both Lucas and Peyton got hurt in the end because Brooke got to Lucas. Like I said, the hotel and library Leyton kisses are technically not okay. However, sorry, but Brooke did so much worse in seasons 1-4 and it's not even close!

Last edited by The Apt; 10-01-2017 at 02:38 PM
Old 10-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Thanks for this. Interesting ranking.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Thanks for this. Interesting ranking.
Do you agree with it?
Old 10-02-2017, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

Quote:
Brooke was a manipulating witch and one of the worst TV characters I've ever seen in those first several seasons. I am convinced some people just don't care about good or bad, they like bad and then try to portray good as repulsive. Whatever.
It says a lot imo that even Sophia herself doesn't even get why people liked Brooke in the earlier seasons.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Do you agree with it?
No, lol. I know season 3 was pretty good but I could never rank it the #1 season since Brucas nauseates me. How, I like that 6, 4 and 1 are recognized as the best seasons. Agree with that. I would just put 3 after those 3.

What about you?
Old 10-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It says a lot imo that even Sophia herself doesn't even get why people liked Brooke in the earlier seasons.
Exactly! I guess people like what they like and ignore everything else. That is fine but what bothers me is the Brooke stans that make excuses for her disgusting behavior. Admit you like the disgusting behavior but don't sugar coat the disgusting behavior.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mean to say this, but I love B/L. I love NH and JP too. I also loved clay/sara and clay season 7. the beginning of clay/quinn saved season 7 for me. I loved B/Ju season 6, loved julian that season. I hated lucas/lindsey. ugh. nathan/nanny carrie. bevin/skills were ok. I loved brooke/chase. I did not like chase/alex.
DuncanღVeronica SamღAndy ChrisღGail DawsonღJoey PaceyღAndie NathanღHaley JakeღPeyton LucasღBrooke SeanღEmma CraigღManny DanღSerena She is my partner she is my business Nick to Andy credit to isis2015 for avi
Old 10-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I don't mean to say this, but I love B/L. I love NH and JP too. I also loved clay/sara and clay season 7. the beginning of clay/quinn saved season 7 for me. I loved B/Ju season 6, loved julian that season. I hated lucas/lindsey. ugh. nathan/nanny carrie. bevin/skills were ok. I loved brooke/chase. I did not like chase/alex.
You meant to say it, Rachel, and you have a right to say it. But....most of us just don't get it! lol
Old 10-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You meant to say it, Rachel, and you have a right to say it. But....most of us just don't get it! lol

Rachel, maybe you can explain regarding Brooke/Lucas... why you liked them together? I would definitely like to understand why you thought they were good together? Did you want Brooke ending up with Lucas or Julian?
Old 10-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel (View Post)
you can say whatever you want Rachel. I was with you in the times of BL on the OTH board. Yeah, it was insane, probably still is to some degree of whoever is still posting there. But yeah, your opinion, my opinion, Michelle's opinion, Betty's opinion Jerry's opinion (when he visits ), it all MATTERS. We all matter. We're not gonna shoot down your thoughts, although we may not agree with them. But there's a really great term around here, agree to disagree and move on. Yeah, sometimes I still get the urge to fight to the death for my favorite characters and against other opinions, but I remember they have hearts and minds just like I do. And we respect each other's hearts and opinions.

I think Michelle and Betty would both agree on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
Exactly! I guess people like what they like and ignore everything else. That is fine but what bothers me is the Brooke stans that make excuses for her disgusting behavior. Admit you like the disgusting behavior but don't sugar coat the disgusting behavior.
that's what gets me Michelle! I'm not trying to have a hate thread on anyone, but it got to the point of embarrassment. Brooke was always seen as the victim. Yes, she was cheated on and no one should be cheated on no matter how bad the relationship is or if the relationship had anything to go on to begin with. But her behavior of making fun of Peyton's mom's deaths, yeah, both of them. Then manipulating Lucas into whatever her evil plan of the week was and Peyton just going along with it to keep the peace. It was aggravating.

Brooke was alone, I get it. The episode in season 3 when they were meeting with college guidance counselors and Brooke said she loved high school. Her friends were there, her cheer squad was there, her life was there. She had NO IDEA what she was going to do afterwards because she hadn't found her passion yet. She was scared, HELL, WHO ISN"T!? But blatantly ruin people's lives to make herself look better, inexcusable. I cannot believe people can defend her like she's saint whatever. But that's not all. They treat Brooke like a saint and Peyton like the devil. Like it was Peyton's fault that Brooke's parents left Tree Hill and her alone in that big house. Peyton was alone in a big house too. Is it Peyton's fault that Brooke woke up with a hangover every weekend, two times a week. No, It's Brooke's fault, she is in charge of her own actions. I still get riled up because people trash a character to make someone else look great. Guess what, trash Peyton all you want, because Brooke is still trash.

Quote:
Right! Brooke is a complete joke in season 1 (and a couple other seasons). It's actually incredible she'd have such high self esteem to think she was worthy of someone as decent as Lucas. Sorry but she's not even in his class. Why wouldn't she be self conscious about how smart he was and his love for literature? She cannot remotely allow his intellect to be energized. She doesn't care about literature, she has no desire to talk about world events/current events, let alone writing/literature. What can she offer him besides sex? Nothing yet she still persists. She knew she could take advantage of his kindness and basically stalked him until he gave in. What makes Brooke so awful is she found a way to seduce him and then screams that she's a victim after reality hits her in the face... Lucas doesn't have strong desire to be with her in a true romantic sort of way, and her supposed best friend in Peyton is a way better match with Lucas since they both mutually have a strong emotional/romantic connection and are way better suited for each other. But of course Brooke acts like she's being victimized when these realities come true (considering she knew they were true well before she seduced and manipulated) and then played the victim. Sickening. Brooke Davis is repulsive in those early seasons.
Part of me notices towards the end in Season 1 and sometimes in Season 3 that Brooke was with Lucas so he could not be with Peyton. That's the reality of it, she used Lucas to get at Peyton. After a while it was never about Lucas, it's about Brooke being materialistic! Lucas even said it himself "Brooke is fun." Meaning Brooke is fun and so he can escape the real world and be delusional to believe that she is a good person. She uses sexuality where Lucas is not about sexuality. Anyone who has spent five minutes with him, really with HIM, would know that. Yes, Lucas is a teenage guy, of course he likes whipped cream and condoms, what guy wouldn't. But after a while, the physical stuff has to end to get to the real emotional stuff. I don't think Brooke ever tapped into that. She had no idea what music he liked, what books he liked to read. Hell, Lucas got a table in the library with Peyton just so he could read in peace and quiet. That speaks volumes (no pun intended). I know I'm dragging up old emotions, but it never gets said enough, THEY DID NOT BELONG TOGETHER!

Quote:
So true. It is my opinion that the network (who wanted Chad and Sophia, thus, the Brucas revisit) actually convinced Lucas that he loved Brooke since the storyline didn't dictate this reality. Lucas was never in love with Brooke. He was only in love with Peyton. I laugh at that pretty girl nickname he had for Brooke because it's telling. He found her pretty... and not much else.
The network salivated over Chad and Sophia being on screen lovers and in real life. Every Brooke and Lucas fan remarks to Season 2 as when they fell in love. Well, I guess so. The actors went on their real emotions. Season 2 wasn't about Brooke and Lucas, relationship wise, it was about Chad and Sophia. The way he looked at her, the way they were together. It was Chad and Sophia and it was not Brooke and Lucas. I know I'm jumping a head a bit because it's commentary on Season 1. But I think it's relevant in Season 1 because Chad and Sophia were together in Season 1 as well, and that's where that chemistry came from then too.

Quote:
Then Brooke's sick clueless act with Peyton... "Are you mad at me?" "You are my best friend!" acting all fake and stupid not understanding why Peyton had difficulty with her situation with Lucas. If I heard Brooke telling Peyton she was her best friend one more time I was going to pull my hair out. Brooke was barely even a human being she was so despicable/borderline evil, let alone anyone's best friend. Gross.
Brooke was clueless! "are you mad at me". How delusional is this girl?! Of course she's mad at you! Peyton knows Lucas would never get a tattoo. She knows Lucas wouldn't get drunk if he was out with REAL friends. Peyton knew Lucas even before Brooke knew the name Lucas Scott. She, like the rest of them, called him Nathan's brother...or the other Scott. Brooke had to remind herself that Brooke was her best friend. Like it had to be said fifty million times for someone to believe her. Besides the cheating thing, Brooke did make herself look like an idiot. Tree Hill is a small town, I'm sure people would talk. And I'm sure if Karen hadn't left for Italy, Brooke would never have done that mess. Lucas was rebelling and Brooke was all too happy to accept, legs wide open and all!

Quote:
Exactly. This is why I want Jerry to watch seasons 1-4. He's only seen season 5 and part of the later seasons so views Brooke as nice and Peyton as not so nice. As we know you have to watch seasons 1-4 to get the real answers on who has the heart of gold (Peyton) and who played a manipulative witch (Brooke) for a super long time period. For me, even in those later seasons, Brooke had her "I am a victim" moments too. But as we know, seasons 1-4, Brooke truly was from hell.
I feel for Jerry, I really do Because he hasn't seen the beginning, the formations, the good Tree Hill. Now Seasons 5 and 6 weren't terrible, but you cannot discount the emotions of the the first four seasons. Epic writing, epic acting. It's timeless. I can stick in any episode of Season 1 and get sucked back in. Remembering how it felt watching every single episode for the first time. Knowing how EVERY SINGLE MOMENT mattered! It mattered to every scene, nothing went unnoticed, there wasn't a scene that you could skip and say 'it didn't matter'. Everything mattered, everyone was intertwined.

Quote:
So true. Lucas should have listened to Haley. Haley knew deep down Peyton had strong feelings for Lucas and she was just scared and hesitant. Haley instructed Lucas to basically wait it out. Brooke beat him down too much though and he was seduced. Sickening. Both Lucas and Peyton got hurt in the end because Brooke got to Lucas. Like I said, the hotel and library Leyton kisses are technically not okay. However, sorry, but Brooke did so much worse in seasons 1-4 and it's not even close!
I think if Brooke wasn't the way she was, you know, selfish. Lucas might've found a way to not be with Peyton those two times. That damn necklace!?! I still hate that damn necklace Lucas was looking for something he could be happy about, bring a smile to his face in the middle of class, in the middle of reading a book. Reading about a character that reminded him of the girl he loved and having a smile on his face. Sorry, Brooke didn't measure up to found in a book...she was found in other places
patricia

Last edited by fulfilledღ; 10-02-2017 at 11:41 PM
Old 10-03-2017, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

Quote:
No, lol. I know season 3 was pretty good but I could never rank it the #1 season since Brucas nauseates me. How, I like that 6, 4 and 1 are recognized as the best seasons. Agree with that. I would just put 3 after those 3.

What about you?
Me too, but I would put season 3 above season 6 since I personally found it boring outside of the LP/BJ and the overload of the guest stars was just ridiculous that season.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

Quote:
Yeah, disregarding things that doesn't match up to the way you think your favourite would act is just annoying imo.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

Quote:

Rachel, maybe you can explain regarding Brooke/Lucas... why you liked them together? I would definitely like to understand why you thought they were good together? Did you want Brooke ending up with Lucas or Julian?
I'm intrigued to find this out too
Old 10-03-2017, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Me too, but I would put season 3 above season 6 since I personally found it boring outside of the LP/BJ and the overload of the guest stars was just ridiculous that season.
Season 6 was wrapping everything up, there wasn't a whole lot starting. You could count Brooke and Julian, but that had already began in Season 5, they were just kinda going through the motions in Season 6.

I would definitely put Season 3 probably in 3rd under Season 1 and Season 4
patricia
Old 10-03-2017, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Season 6 was wrapping everything up, there wasn't a whole lot starting. You could count Brooke and Julian, but that had already began in Season 5, they were just kinda going through the motions in Season 6.

I would definitely put Season 3 probably in 3rd under Season 1 and Season 4
That's definitely true, but they still put way too much focus on the secondary character regardless really.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread