Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2017, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I think they separated LP for simple reason that no one would have bought BL/JP being all close and all if LP were still in each other's lifes in S2.
Definitely. Like I mentioned before, the same thing happened with Berlanti separating Ephram/Amy in season 2 for those other stupid relationships (Amy/Tommy and Ephram/Madison). I don't know why creators/writers go there. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. You can cleverly find a balance.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Definitely. Like I mentioned before, the same thing happened with Berlanti separating Ephram/Amy in season 2 for those other stupid relationships (Amy/Tommy and Ephram/Madison). I don't know why creators/writers go there. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. You can cleverly find a balance.
Didn't Berlanti do an better job with separating E/A though? At least compared to Mark with LP.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's so true.
Yeah, that's why those changes shouldn't have happened at all.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Just so stupid.

Which storyline do you think was a bigger waste: Brucas Revisit or LL lingering in season 5?
Tough call since I really hated both, but BL 2.0 since it wasted two seasons. At the LL stuff went on for one season.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Come on, Jerry, get watching.
Definitely
Old 10-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It really was.
Yep, glad the fact that even people who hated S1 LP saw through it says a lot imo.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Didn't Berlanti do an better job with separating E/A though? At least compared to Mark with LP.
He did do a better job overall. He set it up in a way where you knew they would come back together at the end of season 2 and that's precisely what happened. In the beginning of season 2 you saw Amy so lost and confused due to her situational depression yet you still saw the romantic feelings and they almost even got together romantically amazingly but the timing wasn't right. Then the middle of season 2 they hardly had any scenes since they were with other people, but there were some moments they'd share just to remind you that they were merely on hold... you saw jealousy and how they were anything but only friends. Then Berlanti broke up both stupid relationships they had with others and immediately Ephram/Amy were back to seeing each other again in friendship/emotional connection mode followed very quickly to officially being together romantically.

So it worked out just fine. I still hated the lack of interaction at times in season 2 during those middle episodes even if I knew the end result would be satisfaction.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-18-2017 at 05:05 AM
Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, that's why those changes shouldn't have happened at all.
Nope.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yep, glad the fact that even people who hated S1 LP saw through it says a lot imo.
Exactly.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Tough call since I really hated both, but BL 2.0 since it wasted two seasons. At the LL stuff went on for one season.
Very true. My answer is the same.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Very true. My answer is the same.
Plus some of my all time favourite LP scenes ocurrred in season 5 too.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly.
Shows you how forced it was.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Nope.
Would have been much better for the characters involved in the long run too.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
He did do a better job overall. He set it up in a way where you knew they would come back together at the end of season 2 and that's precisely what happened. In the beginning of season 2 you saw Amy so lost and confused due to her situational depression yet you still saw the romantic feelings and they almost even got together romantically amazingly but the timing wasn't right. Then the middle of season 2 they hardly had any scenes since they were with other people, but there were some moments they'd share just to remind you that they were merely on hold... you saw jealousy and how they were anything but only friends. Then Berlanti broke up both stupid relationships they had with others and immediately Ephram/Amy were back to seeing each other again in friendship/emotional connection mode followed very quickly to officially being together romantically.

So it worked out just fine. I still hated the lack of interaction at times in season 2 during those middle episodes even if I knew the end result would be satisfaction.
That definitely sounds better than what LP got, especially considering he didn't diminish what B/A like Mark did with S1 LP. Having an few episodes of minimal interaction is much better than of an whole season of about 5 to 6 scenes.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The first time I saw the series I actually hated Nathan/Haley and posted on a thread that talked about Haley being diminished, precisely the same things you are saying. I really disliked them and completely agree with you. The second time around I learned to like them more but I think some of that was I knew how it all turned out. I figured it made no sense hating on them anymore even if I still believed Haley looked really dumb sometimes accepting Nathan's huge faults and not having a backbone more. Even when they first got married... that dumb look on Haley's face as she's showing Luke she got married. I almost wanted to hide my eyes from the embarrassment. I was embarrassed for Haley, it's just an uncomfortable scene. But anyway, I just gave up with the complaining and learned to enjoy their scenes more because I figured they weren't Brooke/Lucas, the pairing that I really despised. Lucas/Peyton is THE pairing for me on this show. I was hooked from The Pilot and never wavered. I just loved the Chad/Hilarie chemistry and Lucas/Peyton story.
Yeah, I definitely didn't like Naley too much after season 1 the first time I watched and it took any rewatch focusing more on them for me to enjoy them, despite their flaws in their story, but at the same time it wasn't like LP didn't have some flaws in their storyline too. Do you think you would have enjoyed them more if they didn't get married at the end of S1?

Quote:
As a former basketball player one of the main reasons why I checked out the series was the basketball angle. I didn't like the lack of basketball at all in season 2. Basketball felt like a prominent character in season 1 so to suddenly ignore felt like a character died almost. I couldn't stand it. The lack of Lucas/Peyton in season 2 gave me headaches.
Why do you think there was next to no basketball in season 2? It's definitely something that annoyed me too, since it was an massive part of the show in S1, which I liked.

Quote:
It worked my last nerve.
How last minute the whole BL reveal situation was is an big reason why I think what they originally going to do with both characters got changed at the last minute. That and both speeches fitted LP's relationship a lot more at that point in the show,

Quote:
That's why I don't understand how anyone can believe they had a strong, believable story. How's that even possible? The story was written to show how wrong for each other they were. They had zero emotional connection. When Lucas truly needed something he was off looking for his mom, Haley or Peyton. Brooke looked miserable and deep down knew they were wrong for each other. They were so dysfunctional.
The way some people talk about BL at times makes me question what show they were watching lol.

Quote:
Exactly. Always it was Lucas/Peyton.
Yes it was

Quote:
I really disliked Lucas in so many season 5 moments and that proposal was one of them.
The proposal to Lindsay, breaking up with Peyton the way he did and the I hate you were his worst scenes in that season imo.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread