Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2017, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Definitely!

Peyton and Lucas were meant to be together since The Pilot. I have no freaken clue how anyone can watch season 1 and not see this. Lucas/Peyton are meant to be. Attempt to put Brooke and Lucas up to that history. Brooke and Lucas' relationship had no depth... it was full of mistrust, dishonesty, and being unable to open up and let each other in. Lucas was never in love with Brooke. He tried to convince himself that he was but he wasn't. Like he tells Peyton... it was always her. He wrote an entire book on Peyton Sawyer! It's actually laughable that anyone ever thought Brooke/Lucas or Lindsey/Lucas had a shot because neither couple could remotely compete with Lucas/Peyton.

If you were remotely paying attention to the series (especially season 1) you would know without question Lucas/Peyton were the romantic story of the series and it's not even close. Nathan/Haley were #2. Brooke/Lucas and Lindsey/Lucas were two examples of fake, not meant to be, dysfunctional relationships that would never work out.
The more I watch tv, the more I realize some people are stubborn and just don't want to get behind the showtp and spend an eternity bitching and whining.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
The more I watch tv, the more I realize some people are stubborn and just don't want to get behind the showtp and spend an eternity bitching and whining.
I personally could understand how some people might not get behind the show otp. I know sometimes this has happened to me. It does not happen often, but there are certain show OTPs I can't stand. HIMYM comes to mind. I did not see anything in Robin/Barney. Not that I saw in Ted/Robin, but I liked them more.

Other example would be Haven. Could not stand Nathan/Audrey. No chemistry. They were boring as hell.

In both cases however I stopped watching the show. I do not continue the show expecting that the OTP would change and then complain that it did not happen.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I personally could understand how some people might not get behind the show otp. I know sometimes this has happened to me. It does not happen often, but there are certain show OTPs I can't stand. HIMYM comes to mind. I did not see anything in Robin/Barney. Not that I saw in Ted/Robin, but I liked them more.

Other example would be Haven. Could not stand Nathan/Audrey. No chemistry. They were boring as hell.

In both cases however I stopped watching the show. I do not continue the show expecting that the OTP would change and then complain that it did not happen.
When I mean showtps, I don't mean Barney/Robin, but the Ted/Robyns. I understand not liking it, but don't think you can change the story or pretend like it isn't the story. I do what you do. Stop watching.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
When I mean showtps, I don't mean Barney/Robin, but the Ted/Robyns. I understand not liking it, but don't think you can change the story or pretend like it isn't the story. I do what you do. Stop watching.
Exactly! Stop watching the show and move on with something else that you enjoy. However I guess some people enjoy the bitching you know. They live to bitch and moan and complain.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree. I would stop watching the show if I knew the main pairing wasn't my cup of tea. I would have zero reason to continue. The main pairing usually consists of the two main characters too. Not always but usually. Thus, why on earth would I want to sit and watch a series that has the main pairing in so much of the series. It doesn't make any sense to me. It'd be a complete waste of time.

It's precisely what happened with Arrow which is a bit different (and rare) because there was one main pairing but it was knocked down and a new main pairing developed... the second it became clear Felicity took over as the main female character and the main pairing was Oliver/Felicty I went bye bye. I never looked back. I would never torture myself and watch that garbage (in my mind). I also despised Oliver as a character overall and just couldn't find a way to stop hating him. Instead of sticking around to whine and troll, I left for my own sanity.

I do think many Brooke stans and Brucas fans knew deep down the OTP on OTH was Lucas/Peyton. They didn't like it but stuck around for Brooke stories and hating on Peyton since in their minds, she was the reason why the OTP wasn't Brucas. So they stayed around for Brooke and to create chaos. They were essentially season 1 Brooke in many ways if you think about it. They became the character.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-18-2017 at 11:05 AM
Old 09-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thank you for preventing us from seeing more Lindsey, Law and Order.
She actually didn't last long on Law and Order, which disappointed me because I thought that she was a good actress.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-18-2017, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
She actually didn't last long on Law and Order, which disappointed me because I thought that she was a good actress.
I wasn't even able to really enjoy/evaluate her acting ability because I was so disgusted by what Mark was doing in season 5. You know the best way to describe how I interpreted what went on? Imagine Peyton season 5 as Dawson season 3... both needed to "look" bad even if they did nothing wrong and others were manipulating instead. Pacey was going to Dawson's aunts to be with Joey. From the surface Pacey looked like the victim almost... well, that's what Lindsey superficially was made to look like but like the actress said... her words:

"Boring, Stupid, Fake, Undignified, Crazy." ~ Michaela on Lindsey

Mark even insinuated in an interview she was just that... Lindsey was not meant to be shown in a good light in the least.

But Peyton was Dawson.. Peyton in the library was Dawson on the boat. Set up! Plus... remember Dawson rejected Joey romantically at the beginning of season 3? Well, Lucas proposed marriage to Peyton at the very beginning of season 5. Peyton didn't say no, she just said later they would get married once their careers were settled. She wanted to stay together romantically but not marry at 19 (which was so ridiculous for Lucas to think was a good idea) and wait a couple of years. Lucas left her in LA while she was sleeping and broke up all because she didn't want to marry right then at 19! It was insane. Lucas was so stupid.

Just like the inference was there that Dawson rejecting Joey at the beginning of season 3 almost meant it was "okay" for Pacey/Joey to find each other romantically... well, because Peyton as a 19 year old recent high school graduate didn't pull a Haley and get married young, she was crucified as well! She wanted to stay with Lucas romantically too! She just wanted them to wait a little while so they could establish careers. Not good enough! LOL She was punished as a result and when she returned to Tree Hill... she was treated horribly by Haley, passive aggressively, even in a devious way by Lindsey, AND Lucas was a little crying baby boy basically doing the same thing to Lindsey he did to Brooke... settled with them because he was too immature and scared to handle his romantic relationship with Peyton.

So yes, Peyton took the fall just like Dawson took the fall. The parallel is totally there. That is why all is not what it seems with Peyton season 5. Anyone that's watched seasons 1-4 (in an unbiased way) understands she did nothing wrong and was condemned basically when she returned. Don't even get me started on how much I hated the insinuation that the girl needed to basically follow the guy too... like Peyton was off her rocker not to immediately marry Lucas at 19 just because he asked.

That's why season 5 OTH burns me up so much! I really, really, really, lol, want you to see seasons 1-4 so you can witness everything that lead up to season 5. Plus, your thoughts on the episodes would keep everyone happy as well since you're so great at commentary.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-18-2017 at 08:27 PM
Old 09-18-2017, 05:46 PM
Administrator

I definitely need to see the earlier seasons of the show to get a better perspective on the characters.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thank you for preventing us from seeing more Lindsey, Law and Order.
Lol haha
Old 09-18-2017, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
LOL I don't have any idea. It's bizarre. Just like they made such a big deal over who Luke was calling at the end of season 5... both Lindsey and Brooke as options was such a joke. I can see Lindsey being a slight tease because he was recently with her but Brooke being a supposed possibility was an insult to anyone with a brain. 99.999% of the fanbase knew he was calling Peyton. The story allowed Peyton and only Peyton.

Like I mentioned... the triangles on this show (Brooke/Lucas/Peyton, Lindsey/Lucas/Peyton) were so lame because they weren't real triangles. I never felt threatened as a Lucas/Peyton fan by either triangle. I was annoyed having to see the lame Brucas revisit and the lingering Lucas/Lindsey crap but neither non-Lucas/Peyton pairing was threatening because they weren't real possibilities. Season 1 built the Lucas/Peyton foundation. If people didn't get Lucas/Peyton were the real deal by season 1, they should have picked up on this reality during every moment they had leading up to 4.9. They were always drawn back to each other. I still can't get over people thinking Lucas/Lindsey were anything more than a temporary roadblock either. The Lucas/Lindsey fans were merely Peyton haters, Brooke stans, and/or Brucas people who knew their ship was toast so they wanted Lucas/Lindsey thinking they could take down Leyton. Right... good luck with that. LOL
That whole ending in S5 was so dumb considering 5.18 showed what Luke was trying to do the whole season and finally deciding to accept his love for Peyton. Yet again, all of the love triangles on this show were pretty dumb lol.

Quote:
You should have been the showrunner, lol. Like your changes. Psycho Derek was ridiculous. Real Derek was awesome. Luke's writing/Keith stuff earlier would have worked perfectly. Since 4.9 was so epic, you're right, more build up from Luke's side would have been great. I don't think anyone was surprised with the revelation that Luke had in 4.9 but the moment was so special, entering Luke's mind a bit beforehand would have been the cherry on top.
What would you have done instead? More build up from Luke's end would have allowed for people not to use the whole LP came out of nowhere thing.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Lol haha
I didn't even notice her acting, seriously. It was all about just wanting to get the character off the screen for me.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That whole ending in S5 was so dumb considering 5.18 showed what Luke was trying to do the whole season and finally deciding to accept his love for Peyton. Yet again, all of the love triangles on this show were pretty dumb lol.
Exactly. It was so obvious what was going on. See, if Haley wanted to confront him about the Leyton kiss, she should have tried getting him to see that he didn't want Lindsey and wasn't over Peyton. The way she came down on him was not the right way at all. Also, the episode that bothers me the most in season 5 is actually 5.17 when Lucas tells Peyton he hates her... hello, the title of the episode reveals what's going on... he loves her, has never stopped loving her, but it's easier to cover it up with supposed hatred. When he uttered those words to Peyton, you are reminded of how immature and annoying Lucas had been throughout all of season 5 starting with leaving LA. It was my breaking point for sure... I wanted to just slap him. I really wanted a sincere apology from Lucas after he and Peyton reunited. When they were in Vegas, they should have had a sincere heart to heart starting with when he left LA to the present. It didn't have to be getting into every specific area. It just should have been: We didn't communicate properly right after the proposal and should have, Lucas never should have left LA before trying to communicate, Lucas hid from his feelings for Peyton, was mad at Peyton for showing up in Tree Hill (thus some of his bad actions) because he was forced to accept the reality that he was never over her and their relationship... duh, his books said as much. One can say all of this was stated indirectly because they reunited. Nah, I still would have preferred an honest conversation explaining this.

Quote:
What would you have done instead? More build up from Luke's end would have allowed for people not to use the whole LP came out of nowhere thing.
Yes, exactly. It seemed like Peyton was the one having to cover up, deal with her romantic feelings for him. I would have wanted to see it more from Luke as well. We saw it in a less obvious way with Lucas. When Peyton told him she loved him and he basically was silent and didn't say too much... even if Mark wanted that amazing reunion after the basketball game... the audience could have seen Lucas in private AFTER the ILY flashing back to the past maybe even teary eyed showing he was holding back from their love but was still very obviously in love with her. I would have liked something like that. That would have been even more powerful because the people (the biggest group) that wanted a Leyton reunion could have been all frustrated knowing they clearly both loved each other but is it even going to happen?!?!?! Intense drama to the max. Then the basketball post-game would have been the pay off/cherry on top.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-19-2017 at 08:20 AM
Old 09-19-2017, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I didn't even notice her acting, seriously. It was all about just wanting to get the character off the screen for me.
She did make Lindsay annoying, but I guess that was her job lol.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly. It was so obvious what was going on. See, if Haley wanted to confront him about the Leyton kiss, she should have tried getting him to see that he didn't want Lindsey and wasn't over Peyton. The way she came down on him was not the right way at all. Also, the episode that bothers me the most in season 5 is actually 5.17 when Lucas tells Peyton he hates her... hello, the title of the episode reveals what's going on... he loves her, has never stopped loving her, but it's easier to cover it up with supposed hatred. When he uttered those words to Peyton, you are reminded of how immature and annoying Lucas had been throughout all of season 5 starting with leaving LA. It was my breaking point for sure... I wanted to just slap him. I really wanted a sincere apology from Lucas after he and Peyton reunited. When they were in Vegas, they should have had a sincere heart to heart starting with when he left LA to the present. It didn't have to be getting into every specific area. It just should have been: We didn't communicate properly right after the proposal and should have, Lucas never should have left LA before trying to communicate, Lucas hid from his feelings for Peyton, was mad at Peyton for showing up in Tree Hill (thus some of his bad actions) because he was forced to accept the reality that he was never over her and their relationship... duh, his books said as much. One can say all of this was stated indirectly because they reunited. Nah, I still would have preferred an honest conversation explaining this.
I definitely Haley should have confronted him about the kiss in 5.08, and actually confronted him about it. Asking him why he proposed to Lindsay when he was still clearly in love with Peyton would have been an good place to start for me. I didn't like the I hate you stuff, regardless of whether it was placed, but that's true for most of S5 Luke's actions. Luke definitely should have waited for Peyton to wake up to talk it out, but he knew that he couldn't have left her if she was awake. He definitely should have apologised for that (& other things) in S6.

Quote:
Yes, exactly. It seemed like Peyton was the one having to cover up, deal with her romantic feelings for him. I would have wanted to see it more from Luke as well. We saw it in a less obvious way with Lucas. When Peyton told him she loved him and he basically was silent and didn't say too much... even if Mark wanted that amazing reunion after the basketball game... the audience could have seen Lucas in private AFTER the ILY flashing back to the past maybe even teary eyed showing he was holding back from their love but was still very obviously in love with her. I would have liked something like that. That would have been even more powerful because the people (the biggest group) that wanted a Leyton reunion could have been all frustrated knowing they clearly both loved each other but is it even going to happen?!?!?! Intense drama to the max. Then the basketball post-game would have been the pay off/cherry on top.
We definitely should have gotten more thought process from Luke's side, since I think we didn't get enough of that in general really.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
She did make Lindsay annoying, but I guess that was her job lol.
That's true, it worked for sure.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread