Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
What I hated was the insinuation that Peyton did something wrong by wanting to postpone marriage with Luke. Lucas leaving like a little bit$h was so lame and ridiculous. They should have communicated better, even Peyton should have chosen her words better when she turned him down but gave him the someday/later answer... That said, I didn't like the inference that Peyton was wrong not to immediately accept Luke's proposal. I wanted 6.1 to address that... even Lucas very briefly stating he never should have left LA and they would have worked it out. He never should have gotten mad at Peyton for returning to Tree Hill all because he still loved her and it was difficult for him to be around her... so he essentially took it out on her. I wanted Luke to fess up in 6.1.
I hated how the writers implied that Peyton was in the wrong for not wanting to get married at 19 and thank god an decent size of the fanbase disagreed with that viewpoint (I've got similar issues with S2 Naley too). Lucas should have waited it out a bit so they could at least talk about it some more after she woke up and Peyton should have discussed her viewpoint a bit better, since I always felt that the 'if you can't trust our love can last one year' line was an pretty dumb thing to say when she wasn't saying no. Would have loved for that to happen, but the preferred option would be for it not to happen at all lol.

Quote:
That too. Brooke was horrible in seasons 1-4 but Lucas treated her like garbage too during both joke relationships. His heart never left Peyton.
Luke did treat Brooke pretty horrible most of the time when they were dating, but most BL fans just gloss over that because he said some nice things about her.

Quote:
So true that Peyton was a better written character than Luke. Overall, that is so true.
Yeah, they kinda dropped the ball when it came to Luke's character imo.

Quote:
Exactly. You are right, Lucas/Lindsey should have ended even that far back! They were worthless. I can't believe how much time was wasted on them. It's really freaken annoying. Lucas could have helped Nathan with his struggles instead. So much was sacrificed for a fake relationship that was never lasting.
The writers not even going there would have been the best option haha Pretty much thing would have been better than what we got.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Brooke and Brucas stans ignore anything that doesn't match up to the view of certain things that they have built up in their head.
Exactly. I can't even debate with Brooke stans and Brooke/Lucas fans because they ignore all logic.

Quote:
I can't really watch BL scenes normally lol and I'm honestly going to skip the second half of season 2 when we get it that on the rewatch on the OTH board. BL are true wuv remember that
Oh yes they are.

Let's see:

1. Sex without an emotional connection.
2. Lucas is in love with Peyton the entire time he was with Brooke both times.
3. Lucas bails on Brooke when he needs an emotional connection which would be with Peyton, Haley or his mother. Brooke doesn't make the cut!
4. Brooke lying about a pregnancy because that's the best way to sustain a healthy relationship.
5. They fight without communicating over and over again.
6. The best way to handle issues is sex.

That is so appealing! I am signing up for the Brooke/Lucas ship now.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I hated how the writers implied that Peyton was in the wrong for not wanting to get married at 19 and thank god an decent size of the fanbase disagreed with that viewpoint (I've got similar issues with S2 Naley too). Lucas should have waited it out a bit so they could at least talk about it some more after she woke up and Peyton should have discussed her viewpoint a bit better, since I always felt that the 'if you can't trust our love can last one year' line was an pretty dumb thing to say when she wasn't saying no. Would have loved for that to happen, but the preferred option would be for it not to happen at all lol.
Yes, they absolutely implied Peyton was in the wrong. That is why she was set up so many times in season 5 to take the fall. She didn't even say no! She said they would marry later. They were 19!!!!! Did Lucas honestly expect her to forget her career aspirations and be the coaches wife for the rest of her life? They never would have made it work, even if they were clearly perfect for each other long term. Lucas absolutely should have waited until she got up. Guaranteed they would have talked and worked it out. Mark wasn't interested in that though. He needed to find a way to split them up during this time period. He should have had their time apart set up differently though... both working on careers, Lucas growing closer with his brother since last time I checked that was a huge theme that seemed to have been forgotten around this time. Oh I guess he was saving up the true brother time between Nathan and Clay seasons 7-9 instead.

Quote:
Luke did treat Brooke pretty horrible most of the time when they were dating, but most BL fans just gloss over that because he said some nice things about her.
Of course they did. They were also famous for finding a way to indirectly blame Peyton for the BL fighting and Luke's treatment of Brooke. Oh they found a way, they were THAT insane.

Quote:
Yeah, they kinda dropped the ball when it came to Luke's character imo.
Why Mark, why?

Quote:
The writers not even going there would have been the best option haha Pretty much thing would have been better than what we got.
Agreed. LOL
Old 09-17-2017, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly. I can't even debate with Brooke stans and Brooke/Lucas fans because they ignore all logic.

Oh yes they are.

Let's see:

1. Sex without an emotional connection.
2. Lucas is in love with Peyton the entire time he was with Brooke both times.
3. Lucas bails on Brooke when he needs an emotional connection which would be with Peyton, Haley or his mother. Brooke doesn't make the cut!
4. Brooke lying about a pregnancy because that's the best way to sustain a healthy relationship.
5. They fight without communicating over and over again.
6. The best way to handle issues is sex.

That is so appealing! I am signing up for the Brooke/Lucas ship now.
I can't either haha. Sounds like true love to me
Old 09-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes, they absolutely implied Peyton was in the wrong. That is why she was set up so many times in season 5 to take the fall. She didn't even say no! She said they would marry later. They were 19!!!!! Did Lucas honestly expect her to forget her career aspirations and be the coaches wife for the rest of her life? They never would have made it work, even if they were clearly perfect for each other long term. Lucas absolutely should have waited until she got up. Guaranteed they would have talked and worked it out. Mark wasn't interested in that though. He needed to find a way to split them up during this time period. He should have had their time apart set up differently though... both working on careers, Lucas growing closer with his brother since last time I checked that was a huge theme that seemed to have been forgotten around this time. Oh I guess he was saving up the true brother time between Nathan and Clay seasons 7-9 instead.
Yeah, the whole thing was so ridcilous for me and Luke normally wouldn't acted like that imo. I think Mark was struggling for an reason for them to break up in S5 and just went for the first thing he thought of imo.

Quote:
Of course they did. They were also famous for finding a way to indirectly blame Peyton for the BL fighting and Luke's treatment of Brooke. Oh they found a way, they were THAT insane.
They can never blame Luke because that means admitting that he didn't care for Brooke in the way they think he did.

Quote:
Why Mark, why?
Was too concerned with pointless love triangle drama to actually really care about Luke's character lol.

Quote:
Agreed. LOL
Yep haha.

Last edited by stlavin95; 09-17-2017 at 01:18 PM
Old 09-17-2017, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
S4 is one of my favorites not only for lp, but peyton and lucas as individual characters. I also thought CMM and hilarie brought their A game in s4. That finale is one of my favorite finales of the series.

While Brooke was nasty in the first four seasons, there were moments of light. I'd take Brooke as a character over Blair any day of the week.
Yeah S4 is my favourite season behind S1, but they are some things I definitely would change about it though.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah S4 is my favourite season behind S1, but they are some things I definitely would change about it though.
What would you change?
Old 09-17-2017, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I can't either haha. Sounds like true love to me
Definitely!

Peyton and Lucas were meant to be together since The Pilot. I have no freaken clue how anyone can watch season 1 and not see this. Lucas/Peyton are meant to be. Attempt to put Brooke and Lucas up to that history. Brooke and Lucas' relationship had no depth... it was full of mistrust, dishonesty, and being unable to open up and let each other in. Lucas was never in love with Brooke. He tried to convince himself that he was but he wasn't. Like he tells Peyton... it was always her. He wrote an entire book on Peyton Sawyer! It's actually laughable that anyone ever thought Brooke/Lucas or Lindsey/Lucas had a shot because neither couple could remotely compete with Lucas/Peyton.

If you were remotely paying attention to the series (especially season 1) you would know without question Lucas/Peyton were the romantic story of the series and it's not even close. Nathan/Haley were #2. Brooke/Lucas and Lindsey/Lucas were two examples of fake, not meant to be, dysfunctional relationships that would never work out.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, the whole thing was so ridcilous for me and Luke normally wouldn't acted like that imo. I think Mark was struggling for an reason for them to break up in S5 and just went for the first thing he thought of imo.
That has to be it.

Quote:
They can never blame Luke because that means admitting that he didn't care for Brooke in the way they think he did.
Bingo.

Quote:
Was too concerned with pointless love triangle drama to actually really care about Luke's character lol.

Yep haha.
He really was. I also think he kept Michaela around longer than he should have but he liked her personally. I remember reading an interview and Mark stating how much he liked her. I wonder if that's why he kept her around longer than he should have. I can't think of any other reason because throughout the entire painful bogus LL relationship, we never received any clue that they were meant to be together long term. The relationship was a roadblock and to show Lucas was doing the same to Lindsey that he did with Brooke, nothing else.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
What would you change?
I would have gotten rid of the Psycho Derek stuff and just introduced Derek normally lol. With Luke, I would have put more focus on his writing and the Keith stuff would start up a bit earlier. With Leyton, I would have built up 4.09 a little bit more from Luke's side (I did like the build up for it, but definitely wanted more) and probably would have started that after the school shooting.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Definitely!

Peyton and Lucas were meant to be together since The Pilot. I have no freaken clue how anyone can watch season 1 and not see this. Lucas/Peyton are meant to be. Attempt to put Brooke and Lucas up to that history. Brooke and Lucas' relationship had no depth... it was full of mistrust, dishonesty, and being unable to open up and let each other in. Lucas was never in love with Brooke. He tried to convince himself that he was but he wasn't. Like he tells Peyton... it was always her. He wrote an entire book on Peyton Sawyer! It's actually laughable that anyone ever thought Brooke/Lucas or Lindsey/Lucas had a shot because neither couple could remotely compete with Lucas/Peyton.

If you were remotely paying attention to the series (especially season 1) you would know without question Lucas/Peyton were the romantic story of the series and it's not even close. Nathan/Haley were #2. Brooke/Lucas and Lindsey/Lucas were two examples of fake, not meant to be, dysfunctional relationships that would never work out.
I don't understand how people don't think that either after watching season 1 either lol.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That has to be it.
Definitely is

Quote:
Bingo.
Yep.

Quote:
He really was. I also think he kept Michaela around longer than he should have but he liked her personally. I remember reading an interview and Mark stating how much he liked her. I wonder if that's why he kept her around longer than he should have. I can't think of any other reason because throughout the entire painful bogus LL relationship, we never received any clue that they were meant to be together long term. The relationship was a roadblock and to show Lucas was doing the same to Lindsey that he did with Brooke, nothing else.
Mark definitely kept her around for longer than intended because he adored Michaela and I doubt whether we would have gotten all of post 5.12 LL stuff if he didn't. He probably would have brought her back more to if she didn't join Law and Order as an main.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I would have gotten rid of the Psycho Derek stuff and just introduced Derek normally lol. With Luke, I would have put more focus on his writing and the Keith stuff would start up a bit earlier. With Leyton, I would have built up 4.09 a little bit more from Luke's side (I did like the build up for it, but definitely wanted more) and probably would have started that after the school shooting.
You should have been the showrunner, lol. Like your changes. Psycho Derek was ridiculous. Real Derek was awesome. Luke's writing/Keith stuff earlier would have worked perfectly. Since 4.9 was so epic, you're right, more build up from Luke's side would have been great. I don't think anyone was surprised with the revelation that Luke had in 4.9 but the moment was so special, entering Luke's mind a bit beforehand would have been the cherry on top.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I don't understand how people don't think that either after watching season 1 either lol.
LOL I don't have any idea. It's bizarre. Just like they made such a big deal over who Luke was calling at the end of season 5... both Lindsey and Brooke as options was such a joke. I can see Lindsey being a slight tease because he was recently with her but Brooke being a supposed possibility was an insult to anyone with a brain. 99.999% of the fanbase knew he was calling Peyton. The story allowed Peyton and only Peyton.

Like I mentioned... the triangles on this show (Brooke/Lucas/Peyton, Lindsey/Lucas/Peyton) were so lame because they weren't real triangles. I never felt threatened as a Lucas/Peyton fan by either triangle. I was annoyed having to see the lame Brucas revisit and the lingering Lucas/Lindsey crap but neither non-Lucas/Peyton pairing was threatening because they weren't real possibilities. Season 1 built the Lucas/Peyton foundation. If people didn't get Lucas/Peyton were the real deal by season 1, they should have picked up on this reality during every moment they had leading up to 4.9. They were always drawn back to each other. I still can't get over people thinking Lucas/Lindsey were anything more than a temporary roadblock either. The Lucas/Lindsey fans were merely Peyton haters, Brooke stans, and/or Brucas people who knew their ship was toast so they wanted Lucas/Lindsey thinking they could take down Leyton. Right... good luck with that. LOL
Old 09-18-2017, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Definitely is

Yep.

Mark definitely kept her around for longer than intended because he adored Michaela and I doubt whether we would have gotten all of post 5.12 LL stuff if he didn't. He probably would have brought her back more to if she didn't join Law and Order as an main.
Thank you for preventing us from seeing more Lindsey, Law and Order.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread