Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I still think Jerry is gonna be team brooke.
We'll have to see! I do have some friends here that are Brooke and Lucas fans! I got to know some of them when I used to help moderate the Spoilers board! It got so bad that we had to give the Lucas and Peyton and Lucas and Brooke Spoilers fans separate threads and make the main One Tree Hill Spoilers thread a Spoilers only thread with no commentary because the fighting got so bad!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
We'll have to see! I do have some friends here that are Brooke and Lucas fans! I got to know some of them when I used to help moderate the Spoilers board! It got so bad that we had to give the Lucas and Peyton and Lucas and Brooke Spoilers fans separate threads and make the main One Tree Hill Spoilers thread a Spoilers only thread with no commentary because the fighting got so bad!
I remember I used to post on the LP SS thread. I have no love lost for those group of fans because they did some horrible things like thread invading and destruction of property.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Nah, he didn't but I just love how in 4.9 it all came together... the flashbacks were perfect...
4.09 was awesome reward for Leyton fans, I just wish we didn't have to go through two seasons of BL for it lol.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes, I do need to watch the early seasons of the show. I have Season One on DVD, but I never watched it.

In Season Five, I actually liked Brooke. She seemed really nice. I thought that Peyton was horrible to Lindsey in Season Five, especially in that library scene when she called her a spoiled Daddy's girl not knowing that Lindsey's father had died, so it was hard for me to like Peyton. I realize that only watching that season gave me a different perspective on the show and the characters.

I think that Brooke and Lucas being revisited had everything to do with Chad and Sophia's marriage, but then once that marriage ended, so did Brooke and Lucas pretty much.
Okay, I think Season 1 & 4 are the best seasons out of the high school years, with season 3 not far behind them and the less said about season 2 the better. Season 1 to 4 should definitely change your feelings of Brooke haha What Lindsay said to Peyton about the school shooting was way worse imo because unlike Peyton, she knew exactly what happened there and still went there anyway. Doesn't mean I like what Peyton said, but they were both pretty horrible to each other in that part of the show imo. Kinda hard to think that Chophia played no part in going back to BL considering they were clearly planning to end the triangle at the end of S1 and the ending of 2.10 (the episode were Luke's 'feelings' for Brooke were revealed) made no sense whatsoever, and that is still true today.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Completely agree!

This is precisely why I want Jerry to see the earlier seasons because I have a feeling he didn't see Peyton in a positive light in season 5 and I feel like if he sees seasons 1-4 he's going to understand the situation much more, and will see all the characters differently.
Season 5 definitely isn't the best season for Peyton and the first 4 seasons (& S6) show her in an much more positive light imo. It's the same with Leyton really.

Quote:
Maybe he could have given the mother of his daughter a chance and the three of them could have given it a try with Jenny. Then if they wanted to bring Jake back he could have said they tried, it didn't work and they shared custody or something.
Sounds good, definitely would have preferred that to what we got and hopefully Peyton is out of that situation in that version of it.

Quote:
I don't remember precisely how it all went down. I just know that Sophia got very upset with the Brucas fans because of their behavior and she didn't understand why they supported a pairing that was not meant to be supported. If she could have, she would have converted all of them. But overall, she just thought the Brucas fanbase was verbally violent.
Sounds like Sophia haha and I'm wouldn't really be surprised if she confused that some fans who claim that Brooke is their favourite character, but then ship her with a guy who treated her as badly as Luke did.

Quote:
Absolutely. Some dropped the show all together and some complained and openly admitted that the show was horrible since Leyton left. I respect the ones that admitted as much.
I respect them for that too haha.

Quote:
Exactly. Yes, I mean if they HAD to go with showing Peyton dating someone else it should have been some unknown dude that she stopped talking to, period. It didn't have to be Julian. I would have preferred seeing her focus on her career too. Hilarie was already into music having the gig on MTV. She was a natural when she was anywhere near music as Peyton as a result. I loved it. I could also watch Peyton drawing with a pencil and paper forever, lol. I just found Peyton so intriguing as a character. She was meant to be with Lucas, they made each other better people. But that said, Peyton was also special just being Peyton on her own... I would have loved seeing Peyton in non-romantic storylines focusing on career, her dreams, desires.
Honestly, even if it wasn't for Julian who Peyton dated, I don't think they should have wasted flashbacks on it. Hilarie definitely loved her music, and that's why she connected with that side of Peyton so easily. I think Peyton was just an much better written character from Luke since they mostly focused on relationships for him and plus it was obvious once they lost the basketball aspect for him, they really struggled to find something to replace that void for his character and Chad was aware of that imo.

Quote:
Lucas/Lindsey were a hot mess and if we were forced to see them on the screen, they should have ended no later than mid-season 5. It was a complete waste of time otherwise. You are so right to show the BL and LL parallel. It's totally there which is why we didn't need a rinse and repeat of the same crap.
I would have preferred for them to end in 5.02 after Luke found out about the book singing It annoyed me that Mark tried to parallel S1 BL and LL in this situation, since no one wanted to see that lol.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I still think Jerry is gonna be team brooke.
It's possible but I sincerely hope not. The only Dawson's Creek character I can compare her to would be Abby Morgan and I still would have taken Abby over Brooke! At least Abby didn't have close friends she messed with. Brooke claimed to be Peyton's best friend and did everything in her power to degrade, torture her in those early seasons. Seriously, I was worried about the sanity of many fans when they admired Brooke for being a manipulative, heartless witch that she so obviously was in the early seasons. Even later seasons Brooke came across as a victim. Those supposed good stories she had with Angie and Sam.. if you analyze those closely Brooke did some very weird things there and as usual, she made it all about her. But seasons 1-4 (especially 1-3) she was a nasty witch and there's no other way to state it.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-17-2017 at 08:11 AM
Old 09-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I found Lindsay to be that underhanded petty type who just smiled and insinuated things, but god forbid you not be nice to her than the waterworks come on. That girl knew full well that lucas was still in love with peyton. Yes, Peyton was petty but I got so annoyed with lucas not being called out, I was all for it.

Season 5 Lindsey was a complete joke and the actress clearly states as much.

When Sophia and Michaela both state their characters were awful how do you not listen to them? LOL They know best. Sophia was concerned for people who liked high school Brooke. She said as much more than once. Michaela pegged Lindsey to perfection. Lindsey was not a good person in that library scene, or any of her scenes for that matter concerning Peyton. People fell for it though. I didn't. Lucas should have been called out for it. Anyone that believes Lucas/Lindsey had a nice relationship wasn't paying attention. He was doing the same thing with Lindsey that he did with Brooke... he was hiding behind it. Lucas should have been called out. Anyone that believes Peyton was the issue in season 5 simply wasn't watching closely enough or just had something against her. Haley and Lucas both should have apologized to her. Lindsey, well thankfully Mister Ed left anyway (although her stay was way too long!) but she should have fessed up that she was anything but angelic too.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-17-2017 at 08:30 AM
Old 09-17-2017, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I remember I used to post on the LP SS thread. I have no love lost for those group of fans because they did some horrible things like thread invading and destruction of property.
I remember when the OTH board first got started. A couple Brooke/Lucas fans were so nasty. One of them was permanently banned for how horrible she was. There might have been BL and LP wars but for the most part LP fans wanted to be left alone. BL fans invaded like you said. BL fans knew they had the lack of substance so the next best thing was trying to tear down and spoil it for Leyton fans. There's a reason why the Lucas/Peyton thread has one of the largest post counts in all of Fan Forum. People wanted to stick to that thread. Brooke/Lucas thread isn't even close to that number because they were too busy attempting to cause trouble on other threads!
Old 09-17-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
4.09 was awesome reward for Leyton fans, I just wish we didn't have to go through two seasons of BL for it lol.
Me too! 4.9 is one of my favorite episodes of the series. The Brucas revisit was a joke. I can't watch any of their scenes even on the rewatch very closely because it's all so stupid and boring. I would have been okay if they had some substance. They had sex and fought... ohhhh what a relationship.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Season 1 to 4 should definitely change your feelings of Brooke haha
It would sincerely have to.

Quote:
What Lindsay said to Peyton about the school shooting was way worse imo because unlike Peyton, she knew exactly what happened there and still went there anyway.
People conveniently ignore it. I think most people (Brooke stans and Brooke/Lucas fans) ignored what Lindsey was up to because they figured if Brooke couldn't be with Lucas then let's vote for Lindsey. Thus, they couldn't SEE the character of Lindsey for what she was. They were just too determined to take Peyton down because their ship wasn't going to sail.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Season 5 definitely isn't the best season for Peyton and the first 4 seasons (& S6) show her in an much more positive light imo. It's the same with Leyton really.
What I hated was the insinuation that Peyton did something wrong by wanting to postpone marriage with Luke. Lucas leaving like a little bit$h was so lame and ridiculous. They should have communicated better, even Peyton should have chosen her words better when she turned him down but gave him the someday/later answer... That said, I didn't like the inference that Peyton was wrong not to immediately accept Luke's proposal. I wanted 6.1 to address that... even Lucas very briefly stating he never should have left LA and they would have worked it out. He never should have gotten mad at Peyton for returning to Tree Hill all because he still loved her and it was difficult for him to be around her... so he essentially took it out on her. I wanted Luke to fess up in 6.1.

Quote:
Sounds like Sophia haha and I'm wouldn't really be surprised if she confused that some fans who claim that Brooke is their favourite character, but then ship her with a guy who treated her as badly as Luke did.
That too. Brooke was horrible in seasons 1-4 but Lucas treated her like garbage too during both joke relationships. His heart never left Peyton.

Quote:
Honestly, even if it wasn't for Julian who Peyton dated, I don't think they should have wasted flashbacks on it. Hilarie definitely loved her music, and that's why she connected with that side of Peyton so easily. I think Peyton was just an much better written character from Luke since they mostly focused on relationships for him and plus it was obvious once they lost the basketball aspect for him, they really struggled to find something to replace that void for his character and Chad was aware of that imo.
So true that Peyton was a better written character than Luke. Overall, that is so true.

Quote:
I would have preferred for them to end in 5.02 after Luke found out about the book singing It annoyed me that Mark tried to parallel S1 BL and LL in this situation, since no one wanted to see that lol.
Exactly. You are right, Lucas/Lindsey should have ended even that far back! They were worthless. I can't believe how much time was wasted on them. It's really freaken annoying. Lucas could have helped Nathan with his struggles instead. So much was sacrificed for a fake relationship that was never lasting.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Me too! 4.9 is one of my favorite episodes of the series. The Brucas revisit was a joke. I can't watch any of their scenes even on the rewatch very closely because it's all so stupid and boring. I would have been okay if they had some substance. They had sex and fought... ohhhh what a relationship.
S4 is one of my favorites not only for lp, but peyton and lucas as individual characters. I also thought CMM and hilarie brought their A game in s4. That finale is one of my favorite finales of the series.

While Brooke was nasty in the first four seasons, there were moments of light. I'd take Brooke as a character over Blair any day of the week.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
S4 is one of my favorites not only for lp, but peyton and lucas as individual characters. I also thought CMM and hilarie brought their A game in s4. That finale is one of my favorite finales of the series.

While Brooke was nasty in the first four seasons, there were moments of light. I'd take Brooke as a character over Blair any day of the week.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Totally agree about Chad and Hilarie bringing their A game in season 4. They shined. You could tell they were on board with Leyton. They believed in their story. Yes, Lucas and Peyton both had good storylines for their characters as well in that season. I kind of wish the series finale was the season 4 finale. I love what we received in season 6 though for Leyton but season 4 felt like a good stopping point too.

If Brooke wasn't messing with Peyton so much I would have just let her be the Abby Morgan of the show and even laughed her how witchy she was. But my issue is what she did to Peyton directly. It was not cool. Brooke laughing/making fun of Peyton's deceased mother was pure evil. She had zero remorse/guilt! When a decent, loving human being hurts someone they supposedly care about, they get hurt too, guilt automatically happens. When Brooke went evil making fun of Peyton's dead mother she took pleasure in going there and never felt an ounce of guilt. That is telling. That witch should have apologized. Then again, how can you apologize for such an evil act? An evil act she couldn't have cared less about.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It would sincerely have to.
People conveniently ignore it. I think most people (Brooke stans and Brooke/Lucas fans) ignored what Lindsey was up to because they figured if Brooke couldn't be with Lucas then let's vote for Lindsey. Thus, they couldn't SEE the character of Lindsey for what she was. They were just too determined to take Peyton down because their ship wasn't going to sail.
Brooke and Brucas stans ignore anything that doesn't match up to the view of certain things that they have built up in their head.

Quote:
I can't really watch BL scenes normally lol and I'm honestly going to skip the second half of season 2 when we get it that on the rewatch on the OTH board. BL are true wuv remember that
Closed Thread   Post New Thread