Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It's mean but we didn't like the character/her looks... For me, if I feel someone is ugly on the inside automatically they are ugly on the outside.
Fair point haha.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It is. I could watch it over and over and over again... and I have!

Mark put so much thought and attention to Lucas/Peyton from day 1. I love when creator/showrunners pull everything together and the story makes sense from the start. Berlanti did this with Ephram/Amy, Mark did this with Lucas/Peyton. The story is so powerful when you have strong writing supporting it.
Mark didn't always write Leyton with the same care he did in season 1, but you can still tell he tried to show that they were meant to be throughout the whole six seasons (well, maybe minus season 2) they were on the show.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Fair point haha.

A perfect example for me is Cristiano Ronaldo. He's supposedly so hot... he's ugly to me because his arrogance and how he behaves is beyond ugly. Thus, I look at him and see ugly features regardless. It's almost like the ugliness a person has on the inside just shows itself on the outside. Even with TV characters too. I only SEE what's on the inside.

Weird and confusing explanation but there you go.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

A perfect example for me is Cristiano Ronaldo. He's supposedly so hot... he's ugly to me because his arrogance and how he behaves is beyond ugly. Thus, I look at him and see ugly features regardless. It's almost like the ugliness a person has on the inside just shows itself on the outside. Even with TV characters too. I only SEE what's on the inside.

Weird and confusing explanation but there you go.
Makes sense haha, I'm just not an big fan of soccer players in general lol.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Mark didn't always write Leyton with the same care he did in season 1, but you can still tell he tried to show that they were meant to be throughout the whole six seasons (well, maybe minus season 2) they were on the show.
Nah, he didn't but I just love how in 4.9 it all came together... the flashbacks were perfect...

There is such a Spiritual flavor to this scene... the confetti, the directing, the way the camera hits in certain ways, it's just pure magic showing their connection...

Love the comments in the comment section.

Love this video too:

So many beautiful lines that define the relationship between them:

Their emotional/romantic connection is so intense. I get goosebumps watching this video.

Lucas: It's always going to be there, isn't it? You & Me.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Makes sense haha, I'm just not an big fan of soccer players in general lol.
LOL I'm with you.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't like how Peyton got screwed over so much in S5 and no one outside of Brooke was on her side. As much as I love Luke, someone really needed to call him out on his **** that season and point that out getting married wouldn't change how he felt about Peyton. I really wished Brooke called out on him treating Lindsay the same way he did with her in the past.
Completely agree!

This is precisely why I want Jerry to see the earlier seasons because I have a feeling he didn't see Peyton in a positive light in season 5 and I feel like if he sees seasons 1-4 he's going to understand the situation much more, and will see all the characters differently.

Quote:
Same here, what would you have done with Jake instead? Yes it was lol.
Maybe he could have given the mother of his daughter a chance and the three of them could have given it a try with Jenny. Then if they wanted to bring Jake back he could have said they tried, it didn't work and they shared custody or something.

Quote:
What actually happened there? I didn't get an chance to read any of the tweets lol. Doesn't surprise me she said that Brooke in the early seasons, since some people clearly didn't get why some fans hated her back then.
I don't remember precisely how it all went down. I just know that Sophia got very upset with the Brucas fans because of their behavior and she didn't understand why they supported a pairing that was not meant to be supported. If she could have, she would have converted all of them. But overall, she just thought the Brucas fanbase was verbally violent.

Quote:
Didn't it get worse in season 8, at least compared to season 7 and 9?
It did.

Quote:
It really wasn't lol, it's why I just watch LP scenes on YouTube instead of just rewatching it.
It's way better that way.

Quote:
Really? So BL fans realised that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Most of them probably wouldn't have liked season 8 either lol considering how much focus BJu got that season and a lot of them didn't like them by that point.
Absolutely. Some dropped the show all together and some complained and openly admitted that the show was horrible since Leyton left. I respect the ones that admitted as much.

Quote:
I don't really think the whole Peyton dating flashbacks weren't really needed tbh and I would have preferred seeing more flashbacks of her working at the label than another pointless relationships, but there was no need to waste season 5 on Lindcus' relationship either. It was clearly was thought up after season 5 since it didn't match to the way S5 Peyton was written and overall was just an lazy attempt at triangle imo.
Exactly. Yes, I mean if they HAD to go with showing Peyton dating someone else it should have been some unknown dude that she stopped talking to, period. It didn't have to be Julian. I would have preferred seeing her focus on her career too. Hilarie was already into music having the gig on MTV. She was a natural when she was anywhere near music as Peyton as a result. I loved it. I could also watch Peyton drawing with a pencil and paper forever, lol. I just found Peyton so intriguing as a character. She was meant to be with Lucas, they made each other better people. But that said, Peyton was also special just being Peyton on her own... I would have loved seeing Peyton in non-romantic storylines focusing on career, her dreams, desires.

Lucas/Lindsey were a hot mess and if we were forced to see them on the screen, they should have ended no later than mid-season 5. It was a complete waste of time otherwise. You are so right to show the BL and LL parallel. It's totally there which is why we didn't need a rinse and repeat of the same crap.

Last edited by The Apt; 09-16-2017 at 01:26 PM
Old 09-16-2017, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just watched 1.7 and I can't believe how much I freaken loathe Brooke. I seriously wanted to jump through my screen and punch her repeatedly in hopes that I could get the filth out of her. She's the worst.

I will highlight all my Brooke issues:

- Just two seconds before this Brooke told Peyton that Nathan treated her terribly and now she's trying to convince Peyton to get back together with him? You suck so much, Brooke, you self centered, superficial idiot. And while you're at it, stop calling Haley, "Tutor Girl" you moron.

- Wow, Brooke, now trying to get Nathan to think he has a shot with Peyton again. She's so horrible!

- Peyton and Haley are adorable! I love how Peyton asked her to get in her car. It's so natural.

- I love how Haley went to Lucas and told him she likes Nathan and so cute how both Peyton and Lucas speak the same language, telling Haley to be careful.

- Lucas and Peyton looking at each other =

- Brooke is totally embarrassing herself. Lucas wants nothing to do with her. You know when Jake tells Brooke to go easy it's bad because the guy wouldn't hurt a fly, he's so kind. Jake has Brooke all figured out.

- I can't believe how Brooke manipulated the situation! She wants Peyton, her supposed best friend, to get back together with a guy she knows treated her like crap just so she can bang Lucas. Nice, Brooke.

- Nathan: What the hell is wrong with you Brooke?

Precisely.

- Then Brooke goes through Nathan's stuff from Haley... what a horrible person.

- You can feel the chemistry between Peyton and Lucas when Peyton wipes the mark on his face. Wow, the chemistry.

- That kiss was hot too even if Brooke forced it.

- Nathan telling Brooke to put some ice on it is perfect.

- Haley walking in on Lucas and Peyton almost kissing again was adorable.

- Brooke humiliating Haley is so excessive and sickening.

- I described how I saw the Lucas/Peyton scene above when Peyton freaked. That scene is both awesome and heartbreaking at the same time. I remember watching it for the first time and thinking about how much I adored Lucas/Peyton. I was ALL IN.

- Brooke tries to hook up with Lucas then Jake...

- What an adorable Lucas/Haley scene!

- Poor Nathan did nothing wrong but Haley doesn't know that thanks to Brooke.

- Karen's right, Dan is stuck in the past.

- Peyton's drawing...

------------------------------------------

Can someone explain to me how anyone could like Brooke Davis during this time period? She is absolutely disgusting. She is loathsome. I am so concerned for the Brooke stans who supported this character and her behavior... I mean, does this mean THEY can relate and are even like her? I don't get it but I find it scary that Brooke had any fans during this time period because she was a terrible person. She changed some by season 5 but given everything she pulled in the early seasons it was too late for me to ever consider her a favorite character. I am so mad right now after watching this episode. My face is literally flushed because I am so appalled over what Brooke did in this episode! Just pissed! Ugh, she's horrible!
Old 09-16-2017, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Had to watch something that made me smile... such a Spiritual/magical moment Lucas had with that gentleman before Peyton shows up... man that was so Spiritual... just basically like two soulmates drawn back to each other :

Read the comment section. So many people are pissed at Lucas in season 5 and wish Peyton would have gotten explanations as a result. In my mind both Lucas should have said so much more to her on why he was dickish in season 5 and Haley needed to apologize for how she treated her in season 5 as well. Lindsey, well she was gone, thankfully but that moron deserved to also tell Peyton she was just like the actress said... horrible. LOL
Old 09-16-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

"You're a mess, but you're my mess" basically sums up leyton and every single one of my otps.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
"You're a mess, but you're my mess" basically sums up leyton and every single one of my otps.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You should definitely check season 1-4 and 6 of the show (not sure I would bother with seasons 7-9 lol). The Brucas and Leyton wars were pretty horrible from what I've seen and didn't it get so bad that they had to have separate spoilers threads? Who did you like in season 5?
Yes, I do need to watch the early seasons of the show. I have Season One on DVD, but I never watched it.

In Season Five, I actually liked Brooke. She seemed really nice. I thought that Peyton was horrible to Lindsey in Season Five, especially in that library scene when she called her a spoiled Daddy's girl not knowing that Lindsey's father had died, so it was hard for me to like Peyton. I realize that only watching that season gave me a different perspective on the show and the characters.

I think that Brooke and Lucas being revisited had everything to do with Chad and Sophia's marriage, but then once that marriage ended, so did Brooke and Lucas pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Jerry, you really owe it to yourself to watch Seasons 1-4 of this show. They are the best episodes of the series with season 6 being the exception. I admit that Brooke grew on me in later seasons, but as Michelle said, Brooke did some really despicable things early on. I will add that Peyton never had to grow on me. She had me at Hello.

And...you will like Chad Michael Murray in this show...flawed..but a good person and very likable.
You really do need to give this show a try...from the beginning! That's your homework assignment. Listen to the teacher!
Okay Betty! I'll definitely listen to the teacher!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I found Lindsay to be that underhanded petty type who just smiled and insinuated things, but god forbid you not be nice to her than the waterworks come on. That girl knew full well that lucas was still in love with peyton. Yes, Peyton was petty but I got so annoyed with lucas not being called out, I was all for it.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Okay Betty! I'll definitely listen to the teacher!
Old 09-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still think Jerry is gonna be team brooke.