Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Administrator

The only season of One Tree Hill that I watched was Season Five, so I have a different impression of the show and some of the characters than the rest of you do. I had avoided watching the show because I didn't like Chad Michael Murray's character on Dawson's Creek (he played Charlie, a "player" who shamelessly used Jen, but he then acted like Joey walked on water (just like all of the other male characters on the show) ). I wish now that I had watched it. As the Site Runner though, I can say that while the One Tree Hill board was the most popular board we ever had here, it also produced the nastiest fighting between Brooke and Lucas fans and Lucas and Peyton fans. The fighting on that board was so bad that at one point all of the moderators quit at once, and the reason I started watching the show was to help the moderators.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
The only season of One Tree Hill that I watched was Season Five, so I have a different impression of the show and some of the characters than the rest of you do. I had avoided watching the show because I didn't like Chad Michael Murray's character on Dawson's Creek (he played Charlie, a "player" who shamelessly used Jen, but he then acted like Joey walked on water (just like all of the other male characters on the show) ). I wish now that I had watched it. As the Site Runner though, I can say that while the One Tree Hill board was the most popular board we ever had here, it also produced the nastiest fighting between Brooke and Lucas fans and Lucas and Peyton fans. The fighting on that board was so bad that at one point all of the moderators quit at once, and the reason I started watching the show was to help the moderators.
I have a feeling you would loathe Brooke like the rest of us did in those earlier seasons if you watched. She was awful... manipulative, tried getting Peyton back with Nathan knowing he emotionally abused her so she could have sex with Lucas, she slept with Nathan behind Peyton's back when they were in an "off" period, she lied to Lucas and faked a pregnancy, she literally taunted Peyton and made fun of the fact that Peyton's mom was dead. I've never seen such a despicable act in all of my TV watching. I wanted to jump through my TV screen and punch Brooke in the face repeatedly. I was enraged seeing something so evil. She was disgusting. Betty liked Madison more than she liked Brooke seasons 1-4 so that tells you something. Brooke got better seasons 5-7 and I went from despising her to being indifferent. However the damage was already done in seasons 1-4 so she'd never be my favorite. When a character makes fun of her supposed best friend's deceased mother right to her face you are dealing with some sort of psychopathic or narcissistic tendencies and I cannot get past that. I remember when you had to start helping the moderators.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-15-2017 at 11:52 AM
Old 09-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jerry, you really owe it to yourself to watch Seasons 1-4 of this show. They are the best episodes of the series with season 6 being the exception. I admit that Brooke grew on me in later seasons, but as Michelle said, Brooke did some really despicable things early on. I will add that Peyton never had to grow on me. She had me at Hello.

And...you will like Chad Michael Murray in this show...flawed..but a good person and very likable.
You really do need to give this show a try...from the beginning! That's your homework assignment. Listen to the teacher!

Last edited by jediwands; 09-15-2017 at 02:02 PM
Old 09-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
You should definitely check season 1-4 and 6 of the show (not sure I would bother with seasons 7-9 lol). The Brucas and Leyton wars were pretty horrible from what I've seen and didn't it get so bad that they had to have separate spoilers threads? Who did you like in season 5?
Old 09-15-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I remember cheering while Haley was ripping Brooke to shreds. Yes, I loved how supportive she was of Peyton in season 1 too. I think that's why season 5 bothered me so much.
I really think Haley needed to apologize. She should have said something to Peyton or even Lucas.
Yeah, it also bothered me that she didn't really try to find out Peyton's side of the proposal situation. I do get that she wanted to protect her best friend's heart, but I didn't like the way she went about it and in the long run it did more harm than good imo. She definitely should have apologised to Peyton for the way she acted in 5.08.

Quote:
Yes, for sure. Jake wasn't the king of mature either. He knew it was wise to keep his daughter away from her mother but I never thought it was a good idea to bail and hope for the best. Of course it would eventually catch up to him. It did make Peyton look weak when she was anything but. Glad it blew up too. I do believe while Brucas was together she made comments about the main story being Leyton. Brucas fans loved Sophia but disliked how negative she was about Brucas. She never pimped the ship and was always pro-Leyton.
I get that Jake didn't want Nikki to be in Jenny's life and I completely understand that, but he just handled that situation really poorly that it just made Jenny's life a lot more unstable than it should have. But I think they wrote the storyline that way so he could keep leaving due to Bryan's availability and if he was an regular at that point, it probably would have been written a lot differently. I will just always think that either party was an the head space for an relationship at that point and nothing will change that for me. Yep, continuing on with the Leyton storyline would have been a lot better for the show and probably the ratings (as well not shipping Haley for half an season without making her look like the bad guy). Didn't Sophia get into an Twitter fight with some Brucas fans a few years ago?

Quote:
Absolutely. I think then Mark was trying so hard to separate Leyton to make an already screwed up storyline more believable.
Pretty much, my preferred option would for that storyline to not happen at all lol.

Quote:
This is definitely true. It came up a ton on the live episode discussion threads.
Yeah, I saw that a lot of Haley stans complained about it on the OTH and the Joy discussions threads.

Quote:
No clue either. Just not good, but then again, nothing was really good in seasons 7-9.
True, but nothing outside of Leyton was that great in season 6 either lol.

Quote:
No one. Not kidding. Fighting like hell to get Chad and Hilarie to guest star a couple episodes each of those three seasons should have been Mark's focus instead of trying so hard to replace Lucas and Peyton.
He should have gotten past his bruised ego and tried to get them both back for an few episodes per season.

Quote:
I wonder if Julian being with Peyton in the past was something they wanted to erase entirely so having Julian change showed his dedication to Brooke? I've got nothing. I honestly don't know. I just hated the change. Yes, basically. Chase was a stupid character if you ask me. I couldn't believe Mia and Alex liked him so much. Alex got smart in the end.
It's definitely something they wanted to erase lol. Honestly, I never really understood why the writers introduced the whole Julian/Peyton storyline only to drop like 2 or 3 episodes later, made the whole thing kinda pointless in my eyes. Chase stayed on the show way longer than he should have imo.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Jerry, you really owe it to yourself to watch Seasons 1-4 of this show. They are the best episodes of the series with season 6 being the exception.
Totally agree. Seasons 1-4 and 6 are TRUE OTH. Season 5 is a complete mess. No one acts normally in this season. It is certainly not the season to judge the characters. It's just not a good season.

You really should watch, Jerry. I've been wanting you to watch for such a long time. It's on Netflix. You just might discover what all of us already know... Lucas/Peyton are an amazing relationship, one established from day 1, they are the Ephram/Amy of the show. Brooke and Lucas are Pacey/Joey. Put it this way... Pacey and Joey had a better emotional connection than Lucas/Brooke. I despise Lucas/Brooke much more and not because I felt threatened. Lucas/Peyton are the Ephram/Amy of the show and you see that in The Pilot. So I wasn't threatened. I was just so sick of watching them without an emotional connection, just having sex, and there being zero substance to the relationship. Brooke/Lucas were revisited only because of Chad/Sophia. It was such a joke and completely off the wall how it all came to be. Joke. Hot mess. Thankfully Mark didn't lose his vision of Lucas/Peyton because we were constantly reminded that they are THE pairing.

When Sophia Bush comes right out repeatedly and said she shipped Leyton it was everything. She understood what the story of OTH was all about... Lucas, Lucas/Peyton, the relationship between the two brothers. Those were the main themes. Sophia Bush wore a Lucas/Peyton t-shirt supporting them. She never wavered. I admire her for this. It would have been so easy for her to go with the flow and even get caught up in the triangle because of personal feelings either way but she didn't. It was always Lucas/Peyton because she was intelligent and understood the story being told.

Quote:
I admit that Brooke grew on me in later seasons, but as Michelle said, Brooke did some really despicable things early on. I will add that Peyton never had to grow on me. She had me at Hello.
As Shu labels her... "High school Brooke" is awful. If I made a list of characters I loathe on every show I've ever watched Madison and Brooke make the top two of my list.

Peyton had a heart of gold. She's one of the most unique, beautiful characters on TV. I adore her. It's so easy to fall in love with her from day 1 like we all did.

Quote:
And...you will like Chad Michael Murray in this show...flawed..but a good person and very likable.
I loved Chad in the role. I love Lucas.

Quote:
You really do need to give this show a try...from the beginning! That's your homework assignment. Listen to the teacher!
Haha You have to listen to your teacher, Jerry.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-15-2017 at 02:14 PM
Old 09-15-2017, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Betty, remember Mister ED aka Lindsey? Remember our nickname for her?

I posted this a few days ago but you might have missed it... even the actress who played Lindsey knew she was a horrible character and not meant to be embraced. She knew she was to be viewed in a negative light. I love it so much that the actress validated this. It goes right along with why we all disliked her.

Here is what she said:

Quote:
"Boring, Stupid, Fake, Undignified, Crazy." ~ Michaela on Lindsey
That about covers it.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I posted this a few days ago but you might have missed it... even the actress who played Lindsey knew she was a horrible character and not meant to be embraced. She knew she was to be viewed in a negative light. I love it so much that the actress validated this. It goes right along with why we all disliked her.

Here is what she said:

That about covers it.
Yes, I definitely remember Mister ED aka Lindsey! How can we have ever liked Lindsey when the actress who plays her didn't? lol
Old 09-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, it also bothered me that she didn't really try to find out Peyton's side of the proposal situation. I do get that she wanted to protect her best friend's heart, but I didn't like the way she went about it and in the long run it did more harm than good imo. She definitely should have apologised to Peyton for the way she acted in 5.08.
Peyton got so screwed over in season 5. I still can't get over how Haley treated her, never apologized, Lindsey was, well Lindsey. The "I am a victim" crazy witch who enjoyed every minute of what was happening to Peyton. It was disgusting. Haley really should have apologized. Peyton was there for her in the early seasons and it just shouldn't have been forgotten. Plus, like we said, Haley understood over anyone how much Lucas and Peyton were in love.

Quote:
I get that Jake didn't want Nikki to be in Jenny's life and I completely understand that, but he just handled that situation really poorly that it just made Jenny's life a lot more unstable than it should have. But I think they wrote the storyline that way so he could keep leaving due to Bryan's availability and if he was an regular at that point, it probably would have been written a lot differently. I will just always think that either party was an the head space for an relationship at that point and nothing will change that for me. Yep, continuing on with the Leyton storyline would have been a lot better for the show and probably the ratings (as well not shipping Haley for half an season without making her look like the bad guy).
You hit it. That's precisely why they went there with Jake. They had to get him off screen so they went that route. I wish they would have picked a less outlandish way to go there. It was just so out of control, he was even behind bars, so weird and unnecessary. Going right back to Lucas/Peyton was the direction to go in.

Quote:
Didn't Sophia get into an Twitter fight with some Brucas fans a few years ago?
She did. She didn't take any sht. She had huge issues with the Brucas fanbase. She was so frustrated that they didn't grasp what Brucas was truly all about. She wanted them to see that Lucas/Peyton was the story to be invested in. It was incredible. I also remember her saying she hated how Brooke was worshipped in the earlier seasons because Brooke was not a character to look up to. She even questioned what people were thinking for seeing a character as so cool when she was the definition of a bad person in so many ways.

Quote:
Pretty much, my preferred option would for that storyline to not happen at all lol.
Me too.

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that a lot of Haley stans complained about it on the OTH and the Joy discussions threads.
Haley was a mere prop to Brooke during so many moments in seasons 7-9. It was not right at all.

Quote:
True, but nothing outside of Leyton was that great in season 6 either lol.
Haha.

Quote:
He should have gotten past his bruised ego and tried to get them both back for an few episodes per season.
He absolutely should have. The entire fanbase suffered as a result. Even the Brucas fans wanted them back! I remember how happy they were initially since they thought Brooke would finally shine. But then around the end of season 7 they were all singing a different tune. They knew the show was lost and pretty much over without Lucas and Peyton. You can see this so clearly in the season 7 episode discussion thread.

Quote:
It's definitely something they wanted to erase lol. Honestly, I never really understood why the writers introduced the whole Julian/Peyton storyline only to drop like 2 or 3 episodes later, made the whole thing kinda pointless in my eyes. Chase stayed on the show way longer than he should have imo.
It made no sense. They should have just used a random guy in flashbacks Peyton dated for a while. That would have been better than connecting Peyton and Julian. Chase should have left before he even hit the screen for the very first time. lol
Old 09-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, I definitely remember Mister ED aka Lindsey! How can we have ever liked Lindsey when the actress who plays her didn't? lol
And Amen. Exactly!
Old 09-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What Lucas told Peyton here in The Pilot and they didn't even know each other is more than what he ever opened up to Brooke about when they had their joke of a relationship. It's incredible how Lucas immediately knows he can open up to Peyton. Their connection is instant. I would even go so far as to say they connected faster than Ephram/Amy because Amy had a slight agenda when she first met Ephram. With Lucas and Peyton they immediately emotionally connected. You see how Lucas doesn't even hesitate. Peyton is still rough around the edges here but her walls are already coming down because it's Lucas. Comet and the epic "I'll be seeing ya" line too.

I LOVE these two. For me it's Ephram/Amy, Lucas/Peyton as the two that just had me immediately. Emotional connections are golden.

I also immediately connected to Peyton personally. I am so much like her. Even have the same Ramones T-shirt. Peyton is who I am, Brooke is who I despised in high school. I was even like Peyton where I was in the popular group and there were a bunch of Brooke's around me that I couldn't stand.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Here is what she said:

That about covers it.
Why did you call her mister ed? ^ The pilot is still amazing for Leyton, even all of these years.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Why did you call her mister ed? ^ The pilot is still amazing for Leyton, even all of these years.
It's mean but we didn't like the character/her looks... For me, if I feel someone is ugly on the inside automatically they are ugly on the outside.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
^ The pilot is still amazing for Leyton, even all of these years.
It is. I could watch it over and over and over again... and I have!

Mark put so much thought and attention to Lucas/Peyton from day 1. I love when creator/showrunners pull everything together and the story makes sense from the start. Berlanti did this with Ephram/Amy, Mark did this with Lucas/Peyton. The story is so powerful when you have strong writing supporting it.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Peyton got so screwed over in season 5. I still can't get over how Haley treated her, never apologized, Lindsey was, well Lindsey. The "I am a victim" crazy witch who enjoyed every minute of what was happening to Peyton. It was disgusting. Haley really should have apologized. Peyton was there for her in the early seasons and it just shouldn't have been forgotten. Plus, like we said, Haley understood over anyone how much Lucas and Peyton were in love.
Yeah, I didn't like how Peyton got screwed over so much in S5 and no one outside of Brooke was on her side. As much as I love Luke, someone really needed to call him out on his **** that season and point that out getting married wouldn't change how he felt about Peyton. I really wished Brooke called out on him treating Lindsay the same way he did with her in the past.

Quote:
You hit it. That's precisely why they went there with Jake. They had to get him off screen so they went that route. I wish they would have picked a less outlandish way to go there. It was just so out of control, he was even behind bars, so weird and unnecessary. Going right back to Lucas/Peyton was the direction to go in.
Same here, what would you have done with Jake instead? Yes it was lol.

Quote:
She did. She didn't take any sht. She had huge issues with the Brucas fanbase. She was so frustrated that they didn't grasp what Brucas was truly all about. She wanted them to see that Lucas/Peyton was the story to be invested in. It was incredible. I also remember her saying she hated how Brooke was worshipped in the earlier seasons because Brooke was not a character to look up to. She even questioned what people were thinking for seeing a character as so cool when she was the definition of a bad person in so many ways.
What actually happened there? I didn't get an chance to read any of the tweets lol. Doesn't surprise me she said that Brooke in the early seasons, since some people clearly didn't get why some fans hated her back then.

Quote:
Haley was a mere prop to Brooke during so many moments in seasons 7-9. It was not right at all.
Didn't it get worse in season 8, at least compared to season 7 and 9?

Quote:
Haha.
It really wasn't lol, it's why I just watch LP scenes on YouTube instead of just rewatching it.

Quote:
He absolutely should have. The entire fanbase suffered as a result. Even the Brucas fans wanted them back! I remember how happy they were initially since they thought Brooke would finally shine. But then around the end of season 7 they were all singing a different tune. They knew the show was lost and pretty much over without Lucas and Peyton. You can see this so clearly in the season 7 episode discussion thread.
Really? So BL fans realised that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Most of them probably wouldn't have liked season 8 either lol considering how much focus BJu got that season and a lot of them didn't like them by that point.

Quote:
It made no sense. They should have just used a random guy in flashbacks Peyton dated for a while. That would have been better than connecting Peyton and Julian. Chase should have left before he even hit the screen for the very first time. lol
I don't really think the whole Peyton dating flashbacks weren't really needed tbh and I would have preferred seeing more flashbacks of her working at the label than another pointless relationships, but there was no need to waste season 5 on Lindcus' relationship either. It was clearly was thought up after season 5 since it didn't match to the way S5 Peyton was written and overall was just an lazy attempt at triangle imo.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread