Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched Episode 1.6 because you guys were talking about it on the "What are you Watching?" thread.
Like you said, Samuel, the interaction between Haley/Peyton and Lucas/Nathan was outstanding and the best part of the episode. This was the ice breaker....the beginning of a possible friendship between these pairings. They really opened up to each other like never before. It was wonderful.
Jerry...this was a really good example of the difference between Peyton's character in the early episodes and Brooke's character. It was night and day!
I love this episode and will miss being able to get on my laptop and just watch on Neflix whenever I want.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Nice thoughts, Betty.

Peyton is a decent, kind, human being.
Brooke is a stuck up, mean, poor excuse for a human being.

I loathed Brooke when she created this tension and pain:

Quote:
[BROOKE’S CAR. Music’s playing loudly, and PEYTON and HALEY are laughing. The song ends]
HALEY: Nice. What’s next?
PEYTON: Uh, you pick.
[BROOKE gives PEYTON a weird look]
HALEY: [Reaching toward radio] Alright.
BROOKE: This is so tragic. You two don’t actually think you’re going to be friends tomorrow, do you? [BROOKE leans forward as PEYTON and HALEY lose their smiles]
Poor Haley. How cruel could Brooke be? How does Brooke have any fans in season 1? Seriously. I cannot figure out what people could relate to. Did they like how mean she was? How much chaos and pain she caused people? What did Haley ever do to her? That's just cold basically saying Peyton wouldn't give Haley the time of day in public. Brooke is awful. The irony is Brooke obviously doesn't know Peyton because Peyton would be the last person to be stuck up and not nice to people. Brooke is just awful. I bet Peyton and Haley laughing together that night was the first time in forever Peyton ever relaxed and had some fun. Before this time she was stuck in a borderline abusive relationship with Nathan, had lame Brooke for a friend, mother deceased and father neglecting her out of town all the time. It's shocking Peyton didn't have major psychological issues. She finally got to laugh and have some fun and of course the witch Brooke was around to make Haley feel like a pile of sht and spoil it.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Flip it around for me (Bengals are Jeyton and Brucas is the Ravens) and there you go. LOL I'm not sure about the Browns either, especially since I do like them so I don't know how they'd fit.
I hate the Bengals more, but I do understand why you hate the Ravens. Whose is someone had decent potential but was pretty underwhelming together? That's the Browns to me lol.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
LOL I'm actually not really sure what the point of that reveal was.
Me either, just drama I guess.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Agreed. The other thing is Lucas and Brooke could actually have been friends too. I know in real life it rarely happens when there's cheating and throw in a fake pregnancy. You don't reunite romantically let alone stay friends. However, the clever way they could have wrote it was... Brooke realizing that she played a large part in all of this... she manipulated the situation, she got Lucas to be with her during a vulnerable moment, she knew Peyton liked Lucas and still went with it... she could have admitted that while they shouldn't have kissed, she played a large part in the situation and her behavior was far from innocent. Then she could have told Lucas they could be friends and that was that. No revisit, and then Brooke could have kept evolving personally as well. It would have been a great starting point for her.
They definitely could have been great friends if they actually spent the time focusing on it imo and Brooke grew up in the way she treated her friends.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I mentioned before Leigh and I discussed the Sam and Angie storylines... Brooke even made those situations all about her as well... she was all about wanting to be viewed as a victim. She was way better later on of course, not manipulating anymore but she still loved playing the victim and I think Mark had some weird obsession with allowing Brooke to appear as this innocent little angel too.
Yeah maybe that was Mark's love for Sophia shining through? Considering all of that and how much Brooke's ass got kissed in the later seasons, it doesn't really surprise when people say Brooke/Sophia was his favourite.

Quote:
I would have loved seeing Haley go there. That would have been awesome. That stupid Tutor Girl nickname got on my nerves (demeaning) and how great would it have been for Haley to put Brooke in her place. I would have loved it.
Haley would have worked too, Nathan would have worked better imo since he wasn't even really friends with either LP at that point in S1 and yet he could see LP's feelings being there.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I hate the Bengals more, but I do understand why you hate the Ravens. Whose is someone had decent potential but was pretty underwhelming together? That's the Browns to me lol.
LOL That's true. I wish pre-Super Bowl stuff was counted in there with everyone because Cleveland gathered a ton of championships back then when my dad was very little. They were the Pittsburgh Steelers of championships basically. It's weird because the second the Super Bowl was incorporated, bam, Cleveland's championship run was done and then Pittsburgh took over.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They definitely could have been great friends if they actually spent the time focusing on it imo and Brooke grew up in the way she treated her friends.
Exactly. Instead, we received a one-sided friendship that was never even ultimately fixed. Band-Aid's were put over the wounds but they never ultimately healed from what happened in high school. Seasons 5/6 basically were a calm period (still without really tackling the past, they would never forget) and then seasons 7-9 were Brooke basically randomly complaining that Peyton abandoned her.

Wasted potential.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah maybe that was Mark's love for Sophia shining through? Considering all of that and how much Brooke's ass got kissed in the later seasons, it doesn't really surprise when people say Brooke/Sophia was his favourite.
I really think both the character and actor were his favorite. There's no other way to explain it.

Quote:
Haley would have worked too, Nathan would have worked better imo since he wasn't even really friends with either LP at that point in S1 and yet he could see LP's feelings being there.
Nathan would have absolutely worked too.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
LOL That's true. I wish pre-Super Bowl stuff was counted in there with everyone because Cleveland gathered a ton of championships back then when my dad was very little. They were the Pittsburgh Steelers of championships basically. It's weird because the second the Super Bowl was incorporated, bam, Cleveland's championship run was done and then Pittsburgh took over.
Yeah, it's weird that they don't count them tbh since I know the NRL down here does with NSWRL.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly. Instead, we received a one-sided friendship that was never even ultimately fixed. Band-Aid's were put over the wounds but they never ultimately healed from what happened in high school. Seasons 5/6 basically were a calm period (still without really tackling the past, they would never forget) and then seasons 7-9 were Brooke basically randomly complaining that Peyton abandoned her.

Wasted potential.
Yeah. the show would have gotten a lot closer to reaching that potential if they actually dealt with the issues instead of just sweeping them under the rug.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I really think both the character and actor were his favorite. There's no other way to explain it.
Yeah and that started before Hilarie left imo.

Quote:
Nathan would have absolutely worked too.
Would have been great way to show much Luke/Nathan had developed over the season too.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Would love to talk about it more, but it gets boring talking about something that horrible after a while
Old 09-29-2017, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, it's weird that they don't count them tbh since I know the NRL down here does with NSWRL.
That's good and yes, they really should. There's so many people who have no clue what the Cleveland Browns accomplished before the Super Bowl came to be.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah. the show would have gotten a lot closer to reaching that potential if they actually dealt with the issues instead of just sweeping them under the rug.
Yep. I guess when the network got involved and they tried to force feed Chad/Sophia (thus, the Brucas revisit) we should have known that actual quality and continuity in the triangle storyline wasn't going to happen.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread