Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2018, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thats interesting bout Hannah's hometown, I didn't know that.
Quote:
It's so cool to see posts from 2006 on this thread! We've been here a long time!
Especially because I joined the board in 2006 and I was a senior in highschool lmao. So weird.

Quote:
I agree that Hannah was over the top with her Conservative views which she often preached to the point of being annoying.
I also believe Amy often preached her liberal agenda and was judgemental to those who didn't agree with her....especially to her own dad who didn't want to be involved with abortions.
I can see both sides and believe that we become more annoyed at views being thrown at us that we don't agree with than those we do agree with.
I think you have a point, however, from the beginning, when Hannah first arrived, she came off very judgmental.

Amy didnt really get involved in the liberal side of things until this season. And it was only that one episode that she really pushed it too much. I agree she was being sort of annoying too, I didnt like her getting upset with her dad for not wanting to do the abortions. But again, it was one episode compared to many.

Quote:
I am glad we have posters like Alexa who are not only rewatching, but writing up in depth, outstanding thoughts. I love it!
Thank you! i always have to write in depth reviews. Its sad that most boards dont have posters/moderators that even respond to my posts in other episode discussion threads. Oh well.

Quote:
On a different note, it's so strange to see Jacob1983 posting in this thread. He was one of the worst posters that we ever had here and we ended up banning him.
Oh dear...

Yeah, there are some posters Ive seen on other boards that have been horrible but their posts are in the past so I cant even report them . I'll keep my eyes out if i see them around...

Oh and I agree about the atmosphere here. Definitely one of the most peaceful boards on ff. And I love that the moderators keep it active and respond to new posters, it definitely is what brought me back here to post.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Thats interesting bout Hannah's hometown, I didn't know that.
I wonder if they looked at a map of Minnesota, pointed on Lakeville and decided to go with that city, lol. It's really weird they specifically picked Lakeville. Lakeville is a suburb of Minneapolis, about 20 minutes south of downtown Minneapolis. It's known to be very modern with tons of hockey families living in the city. There's two high schools and both (Lakeville North and Lakeville South) are strong hockey high schools. Thus, sometimes hockey players with talent will move to Lakeville or find a way to go to one of the two schools because it helps get them in the State Tournament and Division I Colleges for hockey too being showcased more. It's not a conservative city in the least, just the opposite. It's just so weird that they made Hannah from there as a result, lol.

Quote:
I think you have a point, however, from the beginning, when Hannah first arrived, she came off very judgmental.
Precisely. Hannah's conservative nature and judgmental ways were a part of her from day 1. That is why so many people could never warm up to the character. It's difficult for many to relate to someone who comes across as way too judgmental.

Quote:
Amy didnt really get involved in the liberal side of things until this season. And it was only that one episode that she really pushed it too much. I agree she was being sort of annoying too, I didnt like her getting upset with her dad for not wanting to do the abortions. But again, it was one episode compared to many.
Exactly right.

Quote:
Thank you! i always have to write in depth reviews. Its sad that most boards dont have posters/moderators that even respond to my posts in other episode discussion threads. Oh well.
It is really sad. I guess other social media places like Tumblr and Twitter are taking over more. I miss the old fashioned Fan Forum back in the day when in depth analysis was taking place on several boards. It's really difficult to find a lot of that going on anymore. It's definitely disappointing.

Quote:
Oh and I agree about the atmosphere here. Definitely one of the most peaceful boards on ff. And I love that the moderators keep it active and respond to new posters, it definitely is what brought me back here to post.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-29-2018 at 03:36 PM
Old 05-01-2018, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree about the lack of discussion lately. I do see a lot of it on youtube as part of reactions, which is fun to watch but its hard to discuss with them over a little comment section.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It is really difficult.

Have you ever used Previously TV? They do have some good discussion on certain boards. Riverdale Spoilers is pretty good over there, for example.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haven't heard of it but I could never really get into posting on other boards for some reason.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I mostly lurk over there for the most part. There's one person who reports spoilers on the spoilers thread and she's always right in her reporting. She doesn't know every little thing but what she does report is always sound. No idea how she gets the information.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Interesting, what is her username? You can pm me if you dont want to post it.

I do like spoilers so I should check it out.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Interesting, what is her username? You can pm me if you dont want to post it.

I do like spoilers so I should check it out.
It's cool as long as I don't link.

Her username is Sonoma...

Thread Title: BETTY? VERONICA? HOT DOG? SPOILERS AND SPOILED SPECULATION

I get the most Riverdale spoilers around on that thread.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

So the site I watch episodes on had episode 15 as episode 14. So i accidentally watched that one first and posted it in the wrong thread. Whoops.

Anyways, I watched this one today.... tbh it didn't really even seem that much out of order lol. Because they focused on different people and storylines.

WHERE THE HECK WAS EPHRAM THIS EPISDOE WTF.

Amy and Hannah were so awkward to watch. But I actually felt bad for Hannah in this one. She was trying to be friends with Amy again and Amy goes and invites her other friends? That seems kinda rude. On top of that, they aren't like Hannah, so why Amy would think they would get along doesn't really make sense to me. And if Hannah is uncomfortable with drinking and talking about sex, I feel like Amy should be more respectful of that.

However I completely agree with Amy when she said that Hannah needs to learn to speak her mind instead of being passive aggressive about everything. Its annoying that she went to Bright and complained when, like Amy said, she could have easily just talked to HER about how she was feeling. The dinner fight was sort of funny though.

I was glad when Hannah came to talk to Amy and tried to be honest with her. Amy getting so upset about Ephram was a bit weird to me. I think she knew Hannah was right deep down, that she was potentially stringing Ephram along, and thats why she got so upset and didnt want to talk about things. Hannah had a right to look out for Ephram. But it also isn't really her business? So Im kinda on the fence about it. I just wish that Amy had reacted differently. Maybe told Hannah that she will take her opinion into consideration and speak to Ephram. Even if she really didnt have any intention to.

Jake bores me to tears, so more storylines about him are not my favorite thing in the world, but at least this SL revolved around someone at the hospital and not just Nina. Nina and Jake just dont work together. They are always arguing about something. I'm sort of on Nina's side though. Him trying to organize a support group seems like a bad idea if he wants to keep his practice up and running. But I do like the Jake/Andy friendship and Andy's line about wanting to shake things up. That was a cute scene.

Reid getting his own storyline felt so weird to me. I don't mind him as a side character (and i think the actor Justin is adorable) but he doesn't need his own plot. lol. And now he's cheating. Good grief.

Harold getting jealous about Rose smoking pot with someone else was sort of cute, but sort of annoying. He just always seems to over react to things and then berate people for it. He just cannot let things go. But then Bill actually kissed her! I didnt see that coming. Harold was cute getting all upset over it.

7 left!
Old 05-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So the site I watch episodes on had episode 15 as episode 14. So i accidentally watched that one first and posted it in the wrong thread. Whoops.

Anyways, I watched this one today.... tbh it didn't really even seem that much out of order lol. Because they focused on different people and storylines.

WHERE THE HECK WAS EPHRAM THIS EPISDOE WTF.

Amy and Hannah were so awkward to watch. But I actually felt bad for Hannah in this one. She was trying to be friends with Amy again and Amy goes and invites her other friends? That seems kinda rude. On top of that, they aren't like Hannah, so why Amy would think they would get along doesn't really make sense to me. And if Hannah is uncomfortable with drinking and talking about sex, I feel like Amy should be more respectful of that.

However I completely agree with Amy when she said that Hannah needs to learn to speak her mind instead of being passive aggressive about everything. Its annoying that she went to Bright and complained when, like Amy said, she could have easily just talked to HER about how she was feeling. The dinner fight was sort of funny though.

I was glad when Hannah came to talk to Amy and tried to be honest with her. Amy getting so upset about Ephram was a bit weird to me. I think she knew Hannah was right deep down, that she was potentially stringing Ephram along, and thats why she got so upset and didnt want to talk about things. Hannah had a right to look out for Ephram. But it also isn't really her business? So Im kinda on the fence about it. I just wish that Amy had reacted differently. Maybe told Hannah that she will take her opinion into consideration and speak to Ephram. Even if she really didnt have any intention to.

Jake bores me to tears, so more storylines about him are not my favorite thing in the world, but at least this SL revolved around someone at the hospital and not just Nina. Nina and Jake just dont work together. They are always arguing about something. I'm sort of on Nina's side though. Him trying to organize a support group seems like a bad idea if he wants to keep his practice up and running. But I do like the Jake/Andy friendship and Andy's line about wanting to shake things up. That was a cute scene.

Reid getting his own storyline felt so weird to me. I don't mind him as a side character (and i think the actor Justin is adorable) but he doesn't need his own plot. lol. And now he's cheating. Good grief.

Harold getting jealous about Rose smoking pot with someone else was sort of cute, but sort of annoying. He just always seems to over react to things and then berate people for it. He just cannot let things go. But then Bill actually kissed her! I didnt see that coming. Harold was cute getting all upset over it.

7 left!
Amy and Hannah, and the back and forth, during this time period was frustrating. I usually sided with Amy but there were moments I was on Hannah's side as well. I also feel like Amy, deep down, understands Hannah's right about Ephram (however, like you said, was it her business?) but she's still in full on denial mode. I also think it's more than obvious Berlanti assumed we were getting a season 5. Ephram not even being around in this one, Amy hardly around in a previous episode, the filler characters like Jake and Reid hanging around far too long. It sucks. Harold and Rose are always funny to me but this storyline was a bit stupid, lol.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Was their absences entirely the decision of the writers or did Greg and Emily have other obligations? Just seems weird they would write them out for whole episodes and shift focus to such useless characters?
Old 05-08-2018, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

As far as I know, Greg and Emily never requested less screen time or had other obligations. Nope. I think it was the decision of the writers for whatever reason.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

that is ridiculous.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Absolutely. No idea why this decision was made. It's so frustrating knowing how much screen time was used up by useless characters and storylines. Should have gone back to those season 1 basics before the happy endings.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread