Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everwood Episode Discussion #408: So Long, Farewell...

So Long, Farewell...

Episode Airdate: November 17, 2005

Changes are happening as Hannah (Sarah Drew) gets ready to leave for Minnesota with her mother and Bright (Chris Pratt) and Amy (Emily Van Camp) are having deal with the loss of their best friend, and Bright's girlfriend. Amy also has to deal with the lack of contact from Reid (Justin Baldoni) as he follows through on his promise to end his relationship with Amy. The adult males go through a dangerous time as they take on risky adventures. It starts with Jake (Scott Wolf) and his friend Cliff (Simon Rex) going out on a bike trip that turns dangerous. Then Andy (Treat Williams) and Harold (Tom Amandes) decide to go seize the day and go skydiving.

Also starring Gregory Smith, Debra Mooney, John Beasley, Vivien Cardone and Stephanie Niznik. Episode written by series creator Greg Berlanti and Josh Reims. Directed by: Joyce Chopra
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jake

Did Jake just never sleep while he was in Los Angeles? From what I gather. He was at some rich dude’s party making connections to have clients in the practice. Or he was, now just finding out, bike riding all over town. And then he’s working crazy hours to make partner? Did this guy ever sleep. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some stash of caffeine pills to keep him up and going throughout the day because obviously nights weren’t spent sleeping. I don’t know. I just see Jake as a big fake…hey that rhymes. (ending the nerd moment lol) I just can’t trust him. He has this exterior that’s all calm and cool collected guy. But on the inside he’s a recovering addict and all these secrets just tucked away for, what? So he can torture himself some more on why he’s made so many mistakes. It’s clear that Jake has so many regrets in his life. And I think…I THINK that the reason why he never sits down because Jake is a guy who likes to remind himself of the failures in his life.

Harold

The French apple pie night and pot roast at the Abbott House. Oh Harold, how I love thee, let me count the five ways. The simplest things that would annoy some, Harold salivates over. It’s apparent that Rose started this tradition a while ago and Harold looks forward to it every year. And plus we all know what happens after dinner and the lights go out and the kiddies are nowhere to be found. I’ll leave the imagination up to you, however it shouldn’t take long

And I happen to appreciate Harold’s predictable ness very much. Even though he apparently does not. And upon hearing this from Hannah, I was surprised that no one told Harold before or he even didn’t notice it himself. He’s a creature of habit.

Amy

I sensed a really big growth spurt in Amy in this episode. Planning Hannah’s surprise party. She wanted it to be small and intimate. Remember her idea of planning Colin’s welcome home party. Sure he was gone for a long time and it wasn’t quite determined if he would live or not. But I like this change in Amy. And when Ephram asked for help, she declined. That surprised me! I expected her to ask, in a nonchalant way for Ephram to get balloons or something. I mean planning Colin’s party, she practically got the entire school, maybe even town to have a part in planning the welcome home bash. Well in part, the town wanted to help so they would be sure to be known as helping welcome Colin Hart home. I just wanted to say that I love this change in her. She’s much more mellow now than she was when the series started. A change, a very nice change.

I loved her talking about Hannah to Ephram. I don’t think Amy realized how much she depended on Hannah until it was almost a time where they wouldn’t be together. Amy never really had a best friend that she could talk everything out to. Sure she has Ephram now, but even if they are friends and one person isn’t thinking about dating the other, some things one person can’t say. I mean, even if Ephram was moving on and didn’t have feelings for Amy and he did have someone new in his life. Could or would Amy ever think about telling Ephram how it makes her feel to see him with another girl. I hope not! That would destroy everything! And even though Hannah didn’t have the experience of dating as Amy had, she gave the best advice because it always came from the heart. Hannah-Bear matters to everyone in that town. Evil troll mother cannot take her away! I won’t let her…kind of hard since this episode aired about six years ago lol

Hannah/Topher

How strange was it to see Topher? I did get very amused by Jake referring to Topher as Tofu. One of his few parts that shall be aforementioned. I just liked how Hannah said to her mother that they dated briefly. Another shocker for Hannah’s mom. It was quite surprising seeing her expressions in realizing how different Hannah was in Everwood.

Ephram

Oh little Brown boy, how far have you come. Not far enough considering you eat a peanut butter and jelly with tomato soup. I love a good PB&J but I hate tomato soup. So the idea of the two of them together is just…yuck! Moving on…

Jake/Nina

Even though Jake and Nina have a conversation, I high doubt Jake really hears her or even listens to her. Nina is flat out asking Jake to spend time with her and Sam and he isn’t even paying attention. She just wants that one night to spend with him, not even…you know (too weird to say…that). She never sees Jake and she’s in the relationship all alone. And without even telling Nina or anyone, he takes the weekend off because his LA buddy who is a pro athlete comes to town and everything is supposed to be all roses and tulips? It’s very odd. I think Jake is so inept with the idea of loving someone and someone loving him back that he just retreats so far back that it’s hard to pull him back in again. Him and Nina were very, very quick after they started dating. It was a few dates it seemed and he’s moving in, to her home no less. And he still keeps his house in LA. And he cannot be making enough being a small town doctor, one of three, and still able to keep the LA house and still manage the extras. It just annoys me that Nina picked a guy that is so out of control in life and in business and has a guy who comes with baggage that is ready to be there for her, take care of her and she picks the psycho loony. Gosh Nina. So smart yet soooo………STUPID! There I said it!

Harold/Andy

Oh, these two. They were separated at birth I think. They have this bond as though they could be brothers. Harold being the older one of course. Them planning adventures together in the office was simply epic. I can’t imagine Andy nor Harold actually doing any of them and that was before finding out about Cliff and his accident on the mountain. Oh And Nina is afraid for Andy to do it because she needs Andy in her life for comfort and support. Yeah, Nina needs Andy in a lot more ways than comfort and support

Oh and the shoplifting thing. Classic! Harold, there are so many things he would do in the medical profession that might seem unorthodox. But when he has the simple chance to steal juicy fruit, he’s about to wet his pants! And the whole time Andy paid for it. I hope Harold never finds out…but he could… *rubs hands together* I just love that adventurous side of Harold. So little steps of law breaking in him, but to others it’s child’s play.

Bright/Rose…Bright/Hannah

I think our Brighton has finally felt his first broken heart. Him and Rose’s conversation about Bright’s fears of going back to his old ways is quite golden. I miss their talks we got in Season 1. Bright never really opens up to anyone, like seriously opens up so when he does, it’s always something worth listening to. I was really sad for Bright to go through a broken heart, of his Hannah-Bear not being around anymore. Bright has grown up so much through Hannah just being there. He changed so much when he was just friends with Hannah. Ketchup Children rocks! I know that Rose has to be proud that Bright is finally feeling something genuine with the right girl. It’s been a long time coming for Bright to be in a really good place with Hannah. And it sucks she just up and decides to leave Everwood and go back to Minnesota without even talking to Bright about it. It’s not like Hannah had to ask for Bright’s thoughts on her possible departure. Or to ask if he thought they could work long distance. It’s the fact that she and her mother, mostly her mother I think decided she go back to Minnesota. There would have been much more respect, IMO, for Hannah to go to Bright before springing the news on everyone that she was leaving. They could’ve had that time, Bright could’ve adjusted to the news a lot sooner and maybe his heart might not be so broken. I doubt it because the loss of a Hannah-Bear is quite common to never be cured. It’s condition that has not yet found a resolution.

Bright/Hannah

A senior prom! And Bright is so dedicated to taking Hannah to her prom in Minnesota. I thought that was really sweet. He was very committed to making everything work with Hannah. So it’s like one thousand one hundred and seventy five miles. It can work! I mean there’s email and cell phones…PHONE SEX. Although Hannah is against participating in premarital sex things. I just love the idea of Hannah emailing Bright a date for the prom, buys a tux, a plane ticket and is there the day of prom and they’re together like no time has passed. It would be epic. But no, apparently Hannah doesn’t wanna risk losing Bright and breaking up with him and breaking his heart IS FAR BETTER then making plans and making it work.

AND HANNAH STAYS! Ah, I’m gonna love that reunion when she finally gets to see Bright again
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I loved her talking about Hannah to Ephram. I don’t think Amy realized how much she depended on Hannah until it was almost a time where they wouldn’t be together. Amy never really had a best friend that she could talk everything out to.
Ephram and Amy sitting on the sofa talking about Hannah was lovely..in more ways than one.

Quote:
Oh little Brown boy, how far have you come. Not far enough considering you eat a peanut butter and jelly with tomato soup. I love a good PB&J but I hate tomato soup. So the idea of the two of them together is just…yuck! Moving on…
Now that's interesting. I have always found a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup comfort food.
Quote:

I just love that adventurous side of Harold. So little steps of law breaking in him, but to others it’s child’s play.
I just loved the way that Andy egged Harold on to steal the gum and how cautious Harold was. And at the end...Andy pays for the gum.

What did you think of Ephram's visit to Hannah about staying in Everwood?
Old 01-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved it. I thought I would've touched on this I guess not

It's clear that Ephram is in love with Amy and now not only Ephram belives in that too. And Hannah is so quick to remind Amy of what she already has. I think Amy is searching right now for the bigger picture, something to complete her life. But IMO, I think she's already got th at. She's just trying to avoid getting her heart broken again, but she's also walking away from feeling anything. Amy has so much around her that doesn't involve saving the world and only if she would open her eyes and see it for herself. And stringing Ephram along her crusade isn't helping.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
The French apple pie night and pot roast at the Abbott House. Oh Harold, how I love thee, let me count the five ways.
Hee, yay! I remember you not liking some of his decisions in earlier seasons. For me, S4 is when Harold is at his most mellow. He's just...relaxed. He's still uptight in his Harold way, but things are pretty good for him in S4 and it shows. A little drama with Rose, but it works out, not much drama with his kids, connecting very well with Bright like he never had before, he's got a best friend in Andy and things are great with them...It's nice to see. Harold deserves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I just loved the way that Andy egged Harold on to steal the gum and how cautious Harold was. And at the end...Andy pays for the gum.
I LOVE IT! Their friendship is hilarious. Andy is almost like the big brother, getting his little brother into trouble. They're so cute.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and you know, Harold would be the one to fall for it...every time!

did anyone know that Andy was 52?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

He definitely didn't look 52 to me, even though he was starting to get a few touches of gray to his beard.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 01-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Andy rocks the touches of gray!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Agreed! He does rock 'em. Looks a little more sophisticated than he already looks.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the beard and the gray hair. that just does it. the season 1 cover of everwood makes him look like a different person.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
the beard and the gray hair. that just does it. the season 1 cover of everwood makes him look like a different person.
Yeah, a serial killer type different person.

I never did figure out why they had an unshaven picture of him on the cover. He's unshaven for only, like, five minutes of all of season one. Weird.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess to give a different look to how it all started. And plus, I doubt whoever did the DVD covers really spent a lot of time investing in how it looked. Honesltly, the fans could've photo shopped a better cover
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
I guess to give a different look to how it all started. And plus, I doubt whoever did the DVD covers really spent a lot of time investing in how it looked. Honesltly, the fans could've photo shopped a better cover
Very true.

Speaking of DVDs, going by last year, we could be hearing about a S4 DVD fairly soon. *optimistic*
Old 01-29-2018, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just love EA so much, like ugh, them just sitting together on the couch was SO CUTE! Her laying on him. sdfsdfdsfsdfs.

Ephram trying to get Hannah to stay for Amy and saying he cant stand to see her that sad was SO SWEET. Like, BE TOGETHER NOW. And later, her saying she needs him to be her wingman was so cute!

Jake is so boring. He brings me to tears. And hes always disappointing Nina it seems. WTF are they together? I felt so bad for his friend though! Like, what a horrible SL.

The Andy/Nina moments were ADORABLE. Why show? WHYYYYYY.

Bright and Hannah are cute but idk, I just dont really care that much about them. The prom was sweet though I guess.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I just love EA so much, like ugh, them just sitting together on the couch was SO CUTE! Her laying on him. sdfsdfdsfsdfs.

Ephram trying to get Hannah to stay for Amy and saying he cant stand to see her that sad was SO SWEET. Like, BE TOGETHER NOW. And later, her saying she needs him to be her wingman was so cute!
Love all of this too. EA are just so perfect for each other. They are not just meant to be romantically, they are best friends. They do all the little things for each other whether romantically together or not. Amy is right, they were never just friends... there was always something bigger going on between them from day 1, a combination of best friendship and romance.

Quote:
Jake is so boring. He brings me to tears. And hes always disappointing Nina it seems. WTF are they together? I felt so bad for his friend though! Like, what a horrible SL.

The Andy/Nina moments were ADORABLE. Why show? WHYYYYYY.

Bright and Hannah are cute but idk, I just dont really care that much about them. The prom was sweet though I guess.
I guess Berlanti wanted us to find Jake boring, Nina/Jake irritating, and Nina/Andy to get going romantically. LOL I think that's the reaction he wanted from the fans but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with at times.

I agree about Bright/Hannah. They are just kind of there for me. All my passion and heart belongs to Ephram/Amy.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread