Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Addicted Fan

BONUS FEATUREEEES! Now I'm really excited about the DVDs! I really hadn't thought they'd do anything for us Everwood-fans at all anymore! Bonus features!!! Thank you, Warner!

I'm still hoping they'll put the S3 deleted scenes on there as well... though I'm afraid they don't... my heart is bleeding when I think that there could be an Ephramy kiss (they weren't on the show, but these kisses have to be somewhere!) out there that we'll never see..
Old 03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)

I'm still hoping they'll put the S3 deleted scenes on there as well... though I'm afraid they don't... my heart is bleeding when I think that there could be an Ephramy kiss (they weren't on the show, but these kisses have to be somewhere!) out there that we'll never see..
Leo! I never thought of that! You mean there can be more kisses out there in Deleteville?!! Oh...that explains it!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Addicted Fan

I do think there easily could be... in the commentary of "The Unveilling" Greg Berlanti says: "Sometimes we cut out the kisses and the hugs." There could be millions of kisses out there! In my mind anyway! I've been dying to see all of those make-out apologies Ephram was talking about, too.

(By the way, I can't believe I remembered that Berlanti was talking about this... the last time I watched this episode with commentary was February 2007.)

Also, I wanted to say that I nearly finished watching the S3 DVDs. And I need to whine about the new music... I definitely didn't notice all changes negatively, but several times I did... it really destroyed the atmosphere of some scenes, which tore my heart. It's painful to see how a piece of art is just ripped apart like that. I mean... Everwood was a nearly perfect composition and someone walked in and changed it because it was cheaper that way. I do understand it somehow and I know this is the only way we were to ever get these DVDs and I'm happy about that, but it's still sad that this art is respected less than others that way...
On a happier note, I already saw two of the outtakes, too. And it was so good to see some new material.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Leo! I never thought of that! You mean there can be more kisses out there in Deleteville?!! Oh...that explains it!
Yes! That has to be it! *sets up a road trip to Deleteville*

Quote:
Also, I wanted to say that I nearly finished watching the S3 DVDs. And I need to whine about the new music... I definitely didn't notice all changes negatively, but several times I did... it really destroyed the atmosphere of some scenes, which tore my heart. It's painful to see how a piece of art is just ripped apart like that. I mean... Everwood was a nearly perfect composition and someone walked in and changed it because it was cheaper that way. I do understand it somehow and I know this is the only way we were to ever get these DVDs and I'm happy about that, but it's still sad that this art is respected less than others that way...
Yup, totally true. It's a big sacrifice for us hardcore fans, but as you said, we all understand why it had to be done. Doesn't mean we have to like it, though! Some of the S2 music sounded all kinds of generic, and it's too bad new fans are going to miss the scenes how they were intended to be heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes
I'M SO EXCITED! I just came to the board to see if there were any updates on S4 release date and yayyy! August 2nd is kind of far away, but I'm really, really pleased with the bonus features and everything! I'm really excited - can't wait to watch this with my Mom
It is exciting! Have you and your mom seen S4 yet? I can't remember.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It is exciting! Have you and your mom seen S4 yet? I can't remember.
No! Which makes it even more exciting! We await each new season release every summer
Old 03-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
No! Which makes it even more exciting! We await each new season release every summer
Oh, lucky you!! A whole new season to watch.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
You're right, the anticipation will make it more exciting! As long as it's not too long, of course..you hear that, Warner? No more delays!

Let us know what you two think of the *sniff* final season.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfs89 (View Post)
Although The WB originally broadcast "Foreverwood" as a 2 hour finale,it actually was 2 episodes that the network just decided to air back to back. At The WB.com it was shown as 2 episodes,so that will be the case on the DVD as well it looks like.
I finally figured that out after watching the real finale and realized that I only saw the second episode of Foreverwood instead of the entire episode. So part of it was new, the other I remembered in detail

Quote:
of the Final Season Plus Bonus Content with Alternate Ending
My wish come true I can't imagine what the alternate ending is. Oh wait, I can. They filmed two episodes in the event they would not be able to come back for a 5th year (sadly, they didn't). So I'm guessing that's it, or maybe an alternate series finale ending? Oh, the possiblities

Quote:
Order Due Date: June 28, 2011
just two months until we can order

Quote:
966 minutes
lots of minutes
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
I finally figured that out after watching the real finale and realized that I only saw the second episode of Foreverwood instead of the entire episode. So part of it was new, the other I remembered in detail

My wish come true I can't imagine what the alternate ending is. Oh wait, I can. They filmed two episodes in the event they would not be able to come back for a 5th year (sadly, they didn't). So I'm guessing that's it, or maybe an alternate series finale ending? Oh, the possiblities

just two months until we can order

lots of minutes
It was just another ending that was filmed,but one scene from it ended up in the "Foreverwood" promo on TheWB.
They brought back Sarah Lancaster's Madison to shoot that scene and I believe when Ephram opened the door she showed up and that kept him from seeing Amy and the ferris wheel.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was just another ending that was filmed,but one scene from it ended up in the "Foreverwood" promo on TheWB.
They brought back Sarah Lancaster's Madison to shoot that scene and I believe when Ephram opened the door she showed up and that kept him from seeing Amy and the ferris wheel.
I believe they also initially left Hannah's college decision inconclusive -- the close-up showing the envelope address wasn't to be included. Though that's a minor editing change rather than an entirely omitted scene, so I assume that won't be reflected on the DVD, heh.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so either way Amy showed up with her Ferris wheel and Madison kept him from seeing it?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
so either way Amy showed up with her Ferris wheel and Madison kept him from seeing it?
No Ferris Wheel if there was to be a S5. I think. I'm pretty sure, but we're honestly in uncharted territory actually getting to find out what the Madison cliffhanger was going to be. Nobody here knows what exactly was going to happen, which is pretty crazy to think about, almost 5 years later. You think it would have came out by now, but nope.

But yeah, no Ferris Wheel. Which has always made me wonder about what they do with Amy in the original ending, because a big chunk of her story in the whole 2 hours is her feelings on Ephram and what she was going to do, and she even talks to Rose, and there's a little montage. What exactly would go? What would stay? How would her story have ended otherwise?

Maybe I'm other-thinking it, though. I haven't watched the finale we got recently, so...there could be an easier explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
I believe they also initially left Hannah's college decision inconclusive -- the close-up showing the envelope address wasn't to be included. Though that's a minor editing change rather than an entirely omitted scene, so I assume that won't be reflected on the DVD, heh.
Imagine if that's all they meant by an alternate ending, just that little edit gone. And then a big message pops up: "Screw you, Everwood fans, for talking trash about us for years. Here's your stupid alternate ending, You ungrateful jerks! Love, Warner. "

Last edited by 'Tos; 03-22-2011 at 11:45 PM
Old 03-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
But yeah, no Ferris Wheel. Which has always made me wonder about what they do with Amy in the original ending, because a big chunk of her story in the whole 2 hours is her feelings on Ephram and what she was going to do, and she even talks to Rose, and there's a little montage. What exactly would go? What would stay? How would her story have ended otherwise?
I am reminded of the scene where Amy tells Ephram that she hasn't given up, they haven't had their last chance yet. So she was still in love with him, not ready to try though.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure, but we're honestly in uncharted territory actually getting to find out what the Madison cliffhanger was going to be. Nobody here knows what exactly was going to happen, which is pretty crazy to think about, almost 5 years later. You think it would have came out by now, but nope.
Isn't that just so exciting? To know that there's a significant amount of story out there that we haven't seen yet...makes me giddy! As far a deleted scenes go, this one is definitely at the top.

Quote:
Which has always made me wonder about what they do with Amy in the original ending, because a big chunk of her story in the whole 2 hours is her feelings on Ephram and what she was going to do, and she even talks to Rose, and there's a little montage. What exactly would go? What would stay? How would her story have ended otherwise?
I'm not 100% on this, but I think in Rina's interview with Kristin from E!s after the finale, they talked about this. I vaguely remember her saying that Amy went ahead with the Ferris Wheel and was waiting outside the apartment with her whole thing set up and then Madison called or showed up(Ephram would've had to be at Sam's for him to miss the Ferris Wheel) and that...would've been the cliffhanger?
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm not 100% on this, but I think in Rina's interview with Kristin from E!s after the finale, they talked about this. I vaguely remember her saying that Amy went ahead with the Ferris Wheel and was waiting outside the apartment with her whole thing set up and then Madison called or showed up(Ephram would've had to be at Sam's for him to miss the Ferris Wheel) and that...would've been the cliffhanger?
Ugh...that would have been so horrible for poor Amy...standing there with her Ferris Wheel and Ephram never showing up? She and most of the rest of us would have been devastated.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread