Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Everwood DVD and Fan Campaigns #6 : Because the Season 4 DVD is coming out August 2nd!! Alternate Ending/Deleted Scenes!

Everwood DVD news: Box Art for Everwood - The Complete 4th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Quote:
A month ago we brought you Warner's press release announcing that Everwood - The Complete 4th Season would be coming to DVD this summer. However, we've learned this afternoon that the original street date of June 14th has been pushed back a bit, to August 2nd. Also updated is the running time mentioned in the press release; originally listed at 946 minutes, the studio has corrected that to 966 minutes with their latest set of info. All other details of last month's press release (including pricing) has remained unchanged. We're still waiting on package art for this title, so stay tuned for that!

UPDATE: We've now been filled in on the reason for the delay, and it's a GREAT reason. Even better, it was brought about by YOU, our TVShowsOnDVD readers!! When we posted the studio press release a month ago, a large number of you wrote to us, asking about the alternate ending that was recorded for the show, in the event Everwood had gotten renewed for a fifth season.

We let Warner know that these deleted scenes were something the fans wanted VERY BADLY, and they set out to search for this footage. Here's what happened: the found it! So the reason for the street date delay is to add in the "alternate series ending and deleted scenes" (exact studio wording) to the set as bonus material. Pat yourselves on the back: you made it happen!

Taken from: Everwood DVD news: Date Change for Everwood - The Complete 4th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com
Everwood DVD news: Date Change for Everwood - The Complete 4th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com (Thanks to Chuck and Gaby for posting this news on the old thread
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 04-13-2011 at 11:35 AM
Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
I just watched my Felicity: s3 dvd's and they had a feature where they went to the Alias set to film the cast's reactions, and Greg Grunberg went to the Scrubs set also, and some others, just to get reactions and commentary for the DVD's. I thought that was really cool, given the show had been off for quite some time. I'd love to see that, but this cast is so busy with Sarah on Grey's, Emily on her new Pilot, Chris on P&R, etc.
Oh WOW that sounds awesome! That really shows dedication from everyone involved.

As you said in the other thread, I'm also just happy to just have the features we're getting, but how amazing would that be?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

I am so happy to hear this! I have all 3 seasons that are out on DVD, and love this show. Sadly I only discovered it a few months ago, but caught up.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 03-15-2011, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by breath we drew (View Post)
I am so happy to hear this! I have all 3 seasons that are out on DVD, and love this show. Sadly I only discovered it a few months ago, but caught up.
Better late than never, Callie! It's so wonderful about these new new features that will be added to the DVD.!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
We let Warner know that these deleted scenes were something the fans wanted VERY BADLY, and they set out to search for this footage. Here's what happened: the[y] found it! So the reason for the street date delay is to add in the "alternate series ending and deleted scenes" (exact studio wording) to the set as bonus material. Pat yourselves on the back: you made it happen!
HOW. ABSOLUTELY. FREAKING. AWESOME. IS. THAT????

Seriously, THANK YOU Warner. THANK YOU TVShowsOnDVD.com.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
HOW. ABSOLUTELY. FREAKING. AWESOME. IS. THAT????

Seriously, THANK YOU Warner. THANK YOU TVShowsOnDVD.com.
I know!!

And how often do we hear "THANK YOU Warner" around here and have someone actually mean it! Hee. But it's true, that's great of them to do so. As Betty was commenting in the other thread when the DVDs were first announced and it looked like we weren't getting features, these are the last sets, they could have just released them and not worried about pleasing the fans. Thank goodness they decided to! Go them!

Now, if you excuse me, I need to take a shower, because I feel dirty praising Warner.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And shadow! Don't give them any ideas about delaying it a year!
Hee! Hey man, it was nearing midnight and I was delirious with happiness, what do you expect?

Seriously though: guys, we did it.

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 03-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)

Seriously though: guys, we did it.

The thing is...it took so darn long for us to do it...I hope there are enough people still around who care!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
The thing is...it took so darn long for us to do it...I hope there are enough people still around who care!
Oh I think they're still around. Just not online.

But once the DVD's are available for pre-order on Amazon and they send out those email notifications and the weeks start going by, people will start flooding(splashing?) the boards! Guaranteed!

I do know of some people who don't like to buy tv shows unless all the seasons are released, so maybe some of those types are Everwood fans? I can't exactly fault them for it. Who wants to buy an incomplete product?

Add to that season 4 seemed to be generally better received than season 3 *cough*eventhoughseason3'sratings were higher*cough* and there should be nice sales numbers.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, there's a thread. Just want to apologize for posting this news onto the OT-Thread, usually I just posts into the threads I've subscribed.

But not beeing offtopic here: GREAT NEWS!!!!! YAY! Love it! Of course I was going to buy the season 4 DVD box the day it was released (and the price is low enough to ship it to Europe without paying additional money), but that is a great thing for all Everwood Fans! I was always sad, that there were never really many extras on the DVDs, but the alternative ending will be a huge thing! Honestly, I've never heard of that before. But great, great, great!!!!!

And I also know at least one person that likes drama, and I always tried to convince him to watch Everwood. But he just said: I'm waiting until all the 4 season are released. And I can't blame him, nothing is worse, then watching a show and having to wait for it beeing released complete.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Updated press release for S4 DVD with mentions of alternate ending and deleted scenes
WHV Announcement: Everwood: The Complete Fourth Season - Home Theater Forum Community

Although The WB originally broadcast "Foreverwood" as a 2 hour finale,it actually was 2 episodes that the network just decided to air back to back. At The WB.com it was shown as 2 episodes,so that will be the case on the DVD as well it looks like. "Ruins" was replaced by another song at the WB.com,so it remains to be seen if the DVD will have it replaced as well

EVERWOOD:
THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON

The Five-Disc Collector’s Set Features All 22 Episodes

of the Final Season Plus Bonus Content with Alternate Ending

Available on DVD August 2, 2011

BURBANK, CA (March 14, 2011) – This summer, consumers can finally own the final installment of the heartwarming series that touched millions of viewers. Everwood: The Complete Fourth Season will be available on DVD on August 2, 2011 from Warner Home Video. Starring Treat Williams, Gregory Smith and Vivien Cardone, and created by Greg Berlanti (Brothers & Sisters, Eli Stone, Dirty Sexy Money), the Emmy® nominated series follows a family tackling life’s hard issues as they build a new life in the Rocky Mountain town of Everwood. The five-disc collector’s set includes all 22 episodes from the fourth season, bonus features including alternate series ending and deleted scenes, and is priced to own at $39.98.

In the final season of the series, the unforgettable people of Everwood test the ties that bind them together in joy and tears, friendship and love. Drawn by his feelings for Amy, Ephram returns home and mentors a troubled piano prodigy. When Nina chooses Jake over him, Andy struggles to remain friends with the woman he loves. Bright and Hannah make their unlikely romance work. The Abbotts open their arms to a new child. Intriguing characters arrive and beloved characters depart. Say goodbye to the place and the people that won your heart – and discover how everything turned out!

Episodes

1) A Kiss to Build a Dream On

2) The Next Step

3) Put On A Happy Face

4) Pieces of Me

5) Connect Four

6) Free Fall

7) Pro Choice

8) So Long, Farewell...

9) Getting to Know You

10) Ghosts

11) Lost and Found

12) You're a Good Man, Andy Brown

13) An Ounce of Prevention

14) Across the Lines

15) The Land of Confusion

16) Truth...

17) All The Lonely People

18) Enjoy The Ride

19) Reckoning

20) Goodbye Love

21) Foreverwood, Part 1

22) Foreverwood, Part 2

BASICS

$39.98 SRP

Street Date: August 2, 2011

Order Due Date: June 28, 2011

Languages: English

Subtitles: ESDH, French

Approx running time: 966 minutes

Last edited by cfs89; 03-15-2011 at 06:59 PM
Old 03-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Chuck.

And no problem at all about posting the news in OT2, Matthias. It's fantastic enough news to be posted in every thread! Um, don't, though.

And so true about your and shadow's point about people waiting until all the DVDs are out to start watching. Makes total sense. I never really thought about that before. *rubs hands at the prospect of more new fans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
But once the DVD's are available for pre-order on Amazon and they send out those email notifications and the weeks start going by, people will start flooding(splashing?) the boards! Guaranteed!
Woot! A shadow guarantee!

When do you think Amazon will start taking pre-orders? The DVD has an entry, but not a date or anything like that on it yet.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
When do you think Amazon will start taking pre-orders? The DVD has an entry, but not a date or anything like that on it yet.
I'm not really sure and it's starting to annoy me. I've updated the page with a few minor details(like the run time and language info) and used the tvshowsondvd article as my source, which includes the release date on it. You'd think they would have seen that and let it go! *frustrated*

So I dunno. Maybe we have to wait a few more weeks?

-Squall Leonhart

Last edited by ShadowMagist; 03-16-2011 at 06:23 PM
Old 03-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
I'm not really sure and it's starting to annoy me. I've updated the page with a few minor details(like the run time and language info) and used the tvshowsondvd article as my source, which includes the release date on it. You'd think they would have seen that and let it go! *frustrated*

So I dunno. Maybe we have to wait a few more weeks?
Huh, that is frustrating and strange. I don't remember it taking as long with S3, right? As you said, hopefully a few more weeks! *wants those email notifications sent off!*
Old 03-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I'M SO EXCITED! I just came to the board to see if there were any updates on S4 release date and yayyy! August 2nd is kind of far away, but I'm really, really pleased with the bonus features and everything! I'm really excited - can't wait to watch this with my Mom
Closed Thread   Post New Thread