Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
Damn. But that does sound like 20 minutes of added bonus features, ie. most likely deleted scenes. Doubt they'd squeeze in a featurette.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe they are including deleted scenes for S3 as well as S4(since there were no deleted scenes on the S3 DVD).
Old 03-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Well that alternate ending has to run for a few minutes I'd imagine...

But boo! to the later date. Hopefully they'll go all out with the extra features since this is the last set and I really doubt we'll ever get Blu-Rays.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 03-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Whatever they put in BETTER include that alternate ending, as shadow mentioned. Must have.

A few weeks is nothing as long as we get some features. As long as we for sure get those extras, I'm excited! That's one delay I won't mind.

Anyone know how long the deleted scenes ran in S2? Maybe that could give us an idea.

Thanks for posting the news, Chuck!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
UPDATE: We've now been filled in on the reason for the delay, and it's a GREAT reason. Even better, it was brought about by YOU, our TVShowsOnDVD readers!! When we posted the studio press release a month ago, a large number of you wrote to us, asking about the alternate ending that was recorded for the show, in the event Everwood had gotten renewed for a fifth season.

We let Warner know that these deleted scenes were something the fans wanted VERY BADLY, and they set out to search for this footage. Here's what happened: the[y] found it! So the reason for the street date delay is to add in the "alternate series ending and deleted scenes" (exact studio wording) to the set as bonus material. Pat yourselves on the back: you made it happen!
Taken from: Everwood DVD news: Date Change for Everwood - The Complete 4th Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com

I made my icon.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Sweet.

kenny | credit
Old 03-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

AWESOME!!!

Thanks, Gaby! *giddy giddy giddy*

And thanks various Everwood fans for pestering TV Shows on DVD about the features. I'm sure a few from here (Chuck and shadow?) joined in. Now where the heck are the rest of those fans?

*giddy giddy giddy*
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
AWESOME!!!

Thanks, Gaby! *giddy giddy giddy*

And thanks various Everwood fans for pestering TV Shows on DVD about the features. I'm sure a few from here (Chuck and shadow?) joined in. Now where the heck are the rest of those fans?

*giddy giddy giddy*
Kudos for TVShowsOnDVD for contacting Warner Bros and telling them that we fans asked for the alternate ending and deleted scenes! I'm sure Greg will be as happy as we are Don't mind the delay then and by August production of Rookie Blue Season 3 should be starting fingers crossed
Old 03-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Loyal Fan

EEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I knew our relentlessness would finally pay off! Now I'm totally okay with them delaying it for a couple of weeks. Hell make it a year!(not really, but I'm excited, so excuse me)

4 months and 18 days to go. Plus other extras(I'm sure) and cover art to go along with it. This should be a piece of cake.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart

Last edited by ShadowMagist; 03-14-2011 at 08:02 PM
Old 03-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

I read about the alternate ending. Yikes! S5 would have been, something else.

kenny | credit
Old 03-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

WOW! this is the best news i've heard all day! Alternate ending and deleted scenes, i mean what else could we ask for?

answer:

A featurette with film interviews with some of the cast now reminiscing about Everwood. This is in no way possible but i will dream.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

A "Where Are They Now?" would be cool. But I get it, I'm happy with the episodes and the deleted scenes, honestly. The Alt. ending is a cool feature.

kenny | credit
Old 03-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve397 (View Post)
WOW! this is the best news i've heard all day! Alternate ending and deleted scenes, i mean what else could we ask for?

answer:

A featurette with film interviews with some of the cast now reminiscing about Everwood. This is in no way possible but i will dream.
That would be great if they could do that and I'm sure they would be happy to do that,but it's all up to Warner's. Greg is also a producer and he could do a great job putting together a cast interview featurette,so if the WB doesn't want to do it,then let him take care of it He's a busy guy though
Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

I just watched my Felicity: s3 dvd's and they had a feature where they went to the Alias set to film the cast's reactions, and Greg Grunberg went to the Scrubs set also, and some others, just to get reactions and commentary for the DVD's. I thought that was really cool, given the show had been off for quite some time. I'd love to see that, but this cast is so busy with Sarah on Grey's, Emily on her new Pilot, Chris on P&R, etc.

kenny | credit
Old 03-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
A "Where Are They Now?" would be cool. But I get it, I'm happy with the episodes and the deleted scenes, honestly. The Alt. ending is a cool feature.

But, damn, seeing the cast now talk about the show would definitely be a dream come true. Just to see Tom frickin' Amandes again would be a dream come true. It's been too long!!!

And shadow! Don't give them any ideas about delaying it a year!

Almost time for a new thread, if anyone else has all the information compiled, you can start it at post #300 which we'll surely get tonight (because it's one post away) and if not, I'll post it after the Canucks game with all the info.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Continue celebrating at the New Thread!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread