Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I pretty much hated much of the last half of season 3. I thought that I was the only one. I had a difficult time dealing with the events in those episodes.
I loved those episodes and the end of season 3. Obviously, no one wants the pain it caused for the characters, but it made for some great, riveting drama. Something EW was so wonderful at. I loved it.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 03-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
Does anyone want to take any guesses as to why season 2 is selling so well right now?

Season 2 Amazon.com Sales Rank: #386
Season 3 Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1,143

Strange.
I would guess that when it was announced that Season 3 was going to be released...people decided to quickly purchase and watch season 2 so that they would be ready for season 3.

Quote:
I loved those episodes and the end of season 3. Obviously, no one wants the pain it caused for the characters, but it made for some great, riveting drama. Something EW was so wonderful at. I loved it.
That is what is so great about this show...there is something for everyone. If you don't relate to one character...there are so many others that you can relate to. There is drama, comedy, tragedy....pick your preference.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I would guess that when it was announced that Season 3 was going to be released...people decided to quickly purchase and watch season 2 so that they would be ready for season 3.
Oh, I SO hope that that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
I agree. VERY hard to watch, but made for some great drama. Plus, I think there's some pretty great Hannah/Bright stuff late in the season which helps balance out some of the hard to watch stuff for me.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Oh, I SO hope that that's the case.

I agree. VERY hard to watch, but made for some great drama. Plus, I think there's some pretty great Hannah/Bright stuff late in the season which helps balance out some of the hard to watch stuff for me.
Oh definitley. There was a lot of great performances in that last batch of season 3 episodes. And the writing, of course. Then again, when isn't there great acting and writing on Everwood?.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Oh definitley. There was a lot of great performances in that last batch of season 3 episodes. And the writing, of course. Then again, when isn't there great acting and writing on Everwood?.
Everwood Confidential? Hee, no, absolutely, the writing was very strong.

What do you think of the S3 finale, Barry and anyone else? I guess that will be better to decide when the DVD comes out, hee, but I've always thought it was too light and happy considering the absence of Ephram, which should be a dark time for a lot of characters. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about it as a finale and an episode.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
What do you think of the S3 finale, Barry and anyone else? I guess that will be better to decide when the DVD comes out, hee, but I've always thought it was too light and happy considering the absence of Ephram, which should be a dark time for a lot of characters
Having just watched the S3 finale but having only watched it once, my initial take is it was a good episode... maybe Andy and Delia should have been shown a little less upbeat (if you can call it that) but I didn't come away thinking everyone else was too happy considering Ephram had left. The only non family member I may have expected to see down about Ephram was Amy but considering her mom's cancer and the fact that she seemed to have resigned herself to Ephram leaving(seemed to be phasing him out in the previous episode), it wasn't so strange to see her moving on, dealing with her mom and even Hannah and the Topher break up and telling Bright to tell Hannah how she feels.

Bright was OK with Ephram taking off so I wouldn't expect to see him moping around about it, especially given his personality. And he too had a lot on his plate with dealing with his mom and even his own emotions where Hannah was concerned.

One thing I love about this show is that even in dark episodes, they can and do have humorous/light situations... they have a great balance.

Last edited by MeredithLuvsMnJ; 04-01-2010 at 08:36 AM
Old 04-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Bright was OK with Ephram taking off so I wouldn't expect to see him moping around about it, especially given his personality. And he too had a lot on his plate was dealing with his mom and even his own emotions where Hannah was concerned.
I think that Bright was excited for Ephram because he was going to visit the Green light district.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Everwood Confidential? Hee, no, absolutely, the writing was very strong.

What do you think of the S3 finale, Barry and anyone else? I guess that will be better to decide when the DVD comes out, hee, but I've always thought it was too light and happy considering the absence of Ephram, which should be a dark time for a lot of characters. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about it as a finale and an episode.
I thought it was a really good episode. I haven't watched it too recently, but I remember most of it. I thought it was pretty sweet and cool that Harold, after his and Andy's history, was trying to get him to stay. The scene in the office with Rose coming in and everyone confronting Andy was wonderful. The Andy/Nina scene was a nice little cliffhanger. I liked the season 2 finale better, but this was good.

I think what really stands out in this episode is the absence of Ephram and how it didn't hamper the episode. I remember when it was announced that he wasn't going to be in it, some people were upset and worried. A finale without Ephram?. But the episode proved again what a strong ensemble it had with really great, fleshed out characters. I never thought about Ephram or even really noticed he wasn't there.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
I think what really stands out in this episode is the absence of Ephram and how it didn't hamper the episode. I remember when it was announced that he wasn't going to be in it, some people were upset and worried. A finale without Ephram?. But the episode proved again what a strong ensemble it had with really great, fleshed out characters. I never thought about Ephram or even really noticed he wasn't there.
I agree... this show did have a strong cast of characters and did not depend on the Browns, Andy and Ephram specifically to make the show... it is a great credit to the writers that they did invest in and flesh out the "lesser" characters to the point were I was as or in some cases even more so connected to/invested in them as I was to the main character. I didn't miss Ephram in the finale either.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But the episode proved again what a strong ensemble it had with really great, fleshed out characters. I never thought about Ephram or even really noticed he wasn't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithLuvsMnJ (View Post)
I agree... this show did have a strong cast of characters and did not depend on the Browns, Andy and Ephram specifically to make the show... it is a great credit to the writers that they did invest in and flesh out the "lesser" characters to the point were I was as or in some cases even more so connected to/invested in them as I was to the main character. I didn't miss Ephram in the finale either.
Yes, the show definitely had a strong cast of characters. Yes, the Browns do not have to be front and center for the show to be excellent. Yes, I enjoyed the final episode very much. But...I can't say that I didn't notice Ephram's absence and didn't miss him. I was still heartbroken that he left for Europe.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I was still heartbroken that he left for Europe.
I was mad with Ephram... I felt like he did that... sold everything and left purely for spite and he was cutting off his nose to spite his face... he gave up music not because it's what he wanted but to get back at Andy and I didn't want to see him do that... be mad with Andy... yes I was 1000 percent on Ephram's side... give up the music, a shot at Julliard because that's what you want to do, not because you are mad at what your dad did... his actions, though meant to hurt Andy, hurt him more. I didn't like that they had him skip the Juliard audition... I would have rathered they had him do it but not make it and that could be explained away as having to do with the emotional turmoil he was going thru... I just hated (and was mad at him) that he gave up his dream because I was not convinced that it was something he really wanted to do.

I am about to start watching season 4 so YAY! to Ephram being back... and I'm not mad at him anymore
Old 04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithLuvsMnJ (View Post)
I was mad with Ephram... I felt like he did that... sold everything and left purely for spite and he was cutting off his nose to spite his face... he gave up music not because it's what he wanted but to get back at Andy and I didn't want to see him do that... be mad with Andy... yes I was 1000 percent on Ephram's side... give up the music, a shot at Julliard because that's what you want to do, not because you are mad at what your dad did... his actions, though meant to hurt Andy, hurt him more. I didn't like that they had him skip the Juliard audition... I would have rathered they had him do it but not make it and that could be explained away as having to do with the emotional turmoil he was going thru... I just hated (and was mad at him) that he gave up his dream because I was not convinced that it was something he really wanted to do.
I hear you, Meredith!! I was screaming at Ephram when he wouldn't go down and audition. I wanted to grab him and shake some sense into him!!!! It was so infuriating. Who was he hurting?!? Himself more than anyone.

Quote:
I am about to start watching season 4 so YAY! to Ephram being back... and I'm not mad at him anymore
Oh yes.....it's difficult to stay mad at Ephram.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad to see that I'm in the minority on the S3 finale, hee. I thought the episode before it was much stronger, even though it was a lot sadder. That's like S4, too, actually, with "Goodbye Love" being stronger than the finale episode, despite GL being a whole lot sadder. Maybe I just like sadness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith
One thing I love about this show is that even in dark episodes, they can and do have humorous/light situations... they have a great balance.
Absolutely! One of my favourite things about the series is that balance. Balance in episodes, and even in seasons. I think you'll notice that S4 starts off with some lightness in the first half, and gets progressively darker in some ways, while also remaining some great hope and happiness (especially because of a certain bond which we had been waiting the whole series to see). I think the balance being executed so well is what makes Everwood stand apart from anything else on TV!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Hmm. I meant to respond to this yesterday, but forgot, but I'm not very high on "Where the Heart Is" at all. It feels far too lightweight and downright silly at points, but then I also happen to adore "Oh, the Places You'll Go," so it might all just come down to how much darkness you like in this show.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
I'm glad to see that I'm in the minority on the S3 finale, hee. I thought the episode before it was much stronger, even though it was a lot sadder. That's like S4, too, actually, with "Goodbye Love" being stronger than the finale episode, despite GL being a whole lot sadder. Maybe I just like sadness.

Absolutely! One of my favourite things about the series is that balance. Balance in episodes, and even in seasons. I think you'll notice that S4 starts off with some lightness in the first half, and gets progressively darker in some ways, while also remaining some great hope and happiness (especially because of a certain bond which we had been waiting the whole series to see). I think the balance being executed so well is what makes Everwood stand apart from anything else on TV!
You are starting to make me sad Tos.

Yeah, EW just had the perfect balance and it's a credit to the brilliant writers. What can I say?. The EW writers were just the best of the bunch. Definitley knew what they were doing. So incredibly talented.

R.I.P. John Forsythe

Closed Thread   Post New Thread