Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
I'm just about to start Just Like In The Movies, which is on Disc 3, which means more deleted scenes! Personally, none of them have really added anything, save for Treat being drunk and Ephram putting him to bed. That was a good scene.

How far are you guys?
Hee, see? That's hardcore!

I'm on the third episode, which is slllloooowwwwcore.

I am impressed with the amount of deleted scenes, but it's too bad that only one so far that you've seen has really added a lot. I guess that's why the rest got cut. Any interesting interactions in any of the deleted scenes, though?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay, the deleted scenes on Disc 3 are seriously awesome! There's one from Controlling Interest with Bright and Irv! A nice bonding-ish scene between the two...Bright's upset about Amy and her able to get away with her crap and he hints at "talking" to Tommy later on. They end up watching a basketball game together and Bright asks if he can get a beer, which Irv responds to with an excellent, "No". Its a really nice scene.

The other one I really liked is a scene between Edna and Linda, with them discussing Andy's reluctance to pursue his and Linda's relationship further and what it means for him to have sex with an HIV positive person. I really think they should have let this one stay in, because it showed Linda's insecurities about getting Andy involved with her.

There's a cute scene with Andy and Delia on the bus, when they're off to go camping and the guy who's in charge there. He's a...well, he's crazy. Anyway, he asks the girls to tell their dads 2 things they can do for them in the future and Delia says, "1. Never take me camping again. 2. The same as number 1." Hee!

There are two more short Edna/Irv scenes that are funny, revolving around the having sex during the middle of the day and then Amy bringing Tommy over to the house. Um...oh and another scene with Amy, like it was mentioned upthread, looking at a family picture. It was pretty sad.

There's also a Linda/Treat scene in Momma Joy's...sometime after he kisses her and Delia blows up at him. It's just Linda telling him that he needs to get Delia's trust back and then there's an amusing exchange about him not wanting her to disappear on him. She jokes about going off and finding one of the guys Harold tried to set her up with.

All in all, very good scenes!!

Um, one thing I'd forgotten to say earlier, about the DVD's as a whole, is that I wish they'd play the theme song on the menu. I doubt it would have been all that difficult, so I'm not sure why they didn't, but it's just weird with no theme.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 06-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Oh, those sound must-watch worthy. Thanks shadow! I only accidentally clicked a deleted scene so far, heh, so how do those work? When the deleted scene starts, does it tell you which episode it's from? Or does it just play all the deleted scenes on a disc at once?

And I agree about the menu. I can't think of why they would just keep it completely silent.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Oh, those sound must-watch worthy. Thanks shadow! I only accidentally clicked a deleted scene so far, heh, so how do those work? When the deleted scene starts, does it tell you which episode it's from? Or does it just play all the deleted scenes on a disc at once?

And I agree about the menu. I can't think of why they would just keep it completely silent.
Unfortunately, it just plays the scenes with no indication of what episode their from.

Poor Linda and Treat. I finished Just Like in the Movies. The look he gives her at the end breaks my heart.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 06-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I just got home from work and there it was waiting for me in front of my door! Good thing it was in a dry spot because we have had nothing but rain, rain, rain lately.
This delivery was my ray of sunshine.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Done yet, shadow? Hee. Where is everyone else in their marathons that has the DVD? And for those that don't and are waiting for them to arrive (Betty and Chuck at least), when do you expect to have them? Because I think a lot of fans are waiting like you two.

Quote:
Unfortunately, it just plays the scenes with no indication of what episode their from.
Hmm. That's too bad. It'll probably be fairly easy for people like us to tell, but the casual fans could get a little lost about which scene is supposed to go in what episode.

ETA: Oh! Awesome Betty!!! I bet you almost did a little dance like that smilie when you saw it, hee.

Last edited by 'Tos; 06-18-2009 at 02:01 PM
Old 06-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
ETA: Oh! Awesome Betty!!! I bet you almost did a little dance like that smilie when you saw it, hee.
I did an inward dance. I didn't want my neighbors to think that I flipped my lid!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I should be getting my DVD hopefully tomorrow,according to the Amazon shipping page. I used to get things from Amazon in two days,when they still had their Munster,Indiana distribution center(which is only a few towns away from me),but now that it is closed,deliveries take a few days longer than usual.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, pfft. There's only 1 deleted scene on Disc 4. Its an Andy/Delia one, very cute. They're talking about the diorama and Treat is clueless as usual.

I just finished Forget Me Not.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 06-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

I'm just watching "East Meets West" and I've really been enjoying me rewatch of S2 and then...Madison showed up, hee. I'm liking Linda so much more than I ever did and so far S2 is going a lot better than it did the first time around for me but not Madison. I just...aghhh. Hee. Still can't stand her. Pissed off Ephram around her in this episode is pretty hilarious, though. You can't go wrong with pissed off, comedic Ephram.

Quote:
I should be getting my DVD hopefully tomorrow
Ooh! Excited? I guess that's a stupid question, hee.

And shadow, it looks as though your impressions of the deleted scenes improved in the last half of the disc. Overall impressions? Better than the small, but quality collection of deleted scenes in the S1 DVD?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And shadow, it looks as though your impressions of the deleted scenes improved in the last half of the disc. Overall impressions? Better than the small, but quality collection of deleted scenes in the S1 DVD?
Overall...they've been good. The ones on disc 3, specifically the Linda/Edna and Bright/Irv were really fantastic and added something to the relationships involved. A big part of why the Irv/Bright scenes in Goodbye Love rang false to me was that we'd never really seen them interact, and so getting this scene, it sort of justified G,L. But the other scenes then, a lot of 'em feel tedious and not really necessary, so it makes me mad that this is all we got.

I think I'd have been happier if we'd gotten a...quick 5 minute interview from Greg/Rina/whoever rather than a lot of the scenes, but that's just me.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 06-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

Just on disc 2 and I have to say that the first few episodes of S2 are such a wonderful transition from the last episodes of S1. You know things are going to get darker, and characters are facing harsher and harsher realities more and more, but even with that sense that things are about to go nuts, there's still that late S1 tone. It's really well done. I never noticed that structure before and it's...well, it's quite nice.

Quote:
Overall...they've been good. The ones on disc 3, specifically the Linda/Edna and Bright/Irv were really fantastic and added something to the relationships involved. A big part of why the Irv/Bright scenes in Goodbye Love rang false to me was that we'd never really seen them interact, and so getting this scene, it sort of justified G,L. But the other scenes then, a lot of 'em feel tedious and not really necessary, so it makes me mad that this is all we got.

I think I'd have been happier if we'd gotten a...quick 5 minute interview from Greg/Rina/whoever rather than a lot of the scenes, but that's just me.
It's too bad we couldn't have gotten both. Maybe if they put out S3 quickly thanks to what I think has to be a successful launch, we can get Rina or Greg. Right now is the perfect opportunity for that with both being fairly free. Especially Greg, who is probably entering his quietest period in a long while this upcoming season.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I found another review of the DVD........

TV on DVD: “Everwood: The Complete Second Season” | Popdose
Old 06-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfs89 (View Post)
I found another review of the DVD........

TV on DVD: “Everwood: The Complete Second Season” | Popdose

This review is wonderful and thorough and accurate! If I read that, I'd want to watch.
I don't understand, however, why the reviewers feel the need to give away the fact that Colin didn't survive the surgery.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

...So that all the Colin-haters who've only seen S1 so far feel motivated to pick up the S2 set?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread