Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Seasons 3 and 4 on the WB site did contain substituted music, which is one thing that gives me hope for future release -- if they already went to that effort, then how much more will they really have to do, in the grand scheme of things, to put them out as DVDs? S2's been faring pretty well in sales without having even been released until today; I can only hope that that tells Warner that the subsequent seasons would be worth the trouble as well.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Anyone got it yet?

This is basically how I feel right now: An alien? No. Jumping up and down in anticipation? Yes! Hee.

I really do think we have a shot for the other two seasons. It all comes down to today and the next few weeks, but I think we have a lot going for us. They are not expecting the same sales that they wanted and didn't get (and were disappointed with what they got) for S1. Really, I don't think they were expecting all that much. You know, typical cult show, canceled series sales. And I think even already we've surpassed that expectation. Then the DVDs are cheaper than S1's, so there's less money going into them and more money going into their pockets. Which is good for us, hee. And I agree with Thief that they've already done a lot of the work for S3 and S4 with the music substitution.

I don't know if I'm being naive or not, and I often am, hee, but I really think the sales are going to surprise some people at Warners. In a good way!

ETA: Ausiello posted a reminder on his twitter, and there are also a crap load of articles or little mentions about the DVD release.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph87 (View Post)
The season two box is really cool but as one of the critics wrote, there could have been some more extras available. The deleted scenes are all really nice but I can't believe that they didn't produce any behind the scenes material at all at that time. Audio commentaries would have been cool, too, but I'm sure it would have been close to impossible to get all the actors back together again so I'm not tto angry about that.
I would have loved commentaries. If there's a will there's a way. I believe that if WB really wanted to gather a couple of the stars and writers for commentaries, they could. How funny would it be to hear Greg comment on his scenes with Madison, etc.
Maybe when they see how great the sales are of Season 2 (I agree with 'Tos...I think the sales are going to be super) they'll quickly plan the season 3 and 4 dvd release and will try to include commentaries. *fingers crossed*.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Anyone got it yet?
I bought mine this morning . The woman at the store probably thought I was crazy, since I was so excited when I paid for it .
Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
How funny would it be to hear Greg comment on his scenes with Madison, etc.
That would be great but when I think of the one commentary from season one where Greg was present I remember that he wasn't much of a talkative person and just said something when someone else asked him directly. It was such a serious episode but that made me laugh all the time, thinking about him sitting there, just waiting for the episode to be over.

But maybe he would have been more enthusiastic when he could talk about Madison/Sarah, who knows.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph87 (View Post)
That would be great but when I think of the one commentary from season one where Greg was present I remember that he wasn't much of a talkative person and just said something when someone else asked him directly. It was such a serious episode but that made me laugh all the time, thinking about him sitting there, just waiting for the episode to be over.
I think that Greg is basically a lot like Ephram...pretty introverted and a little shy. Maybe that why he hides and does only obscure films....he doesn't want us to see him.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Hehehehehe!!! They sent mine!!! It's coming! Slowly... but... I have to study anyway.
BUT I'm so excited! It's actually out there! In a little box! With my name on it! Heeeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I think that Greg is basically a lot like Ephram...pretty introverted and a little shy. Maybe that why he hides and does only obscure films....he doesn't want us to see him.
He's paranoid, I'm telling you. He's just afraid that someday he'll wake up in a dinosaur costume not knowing how he got there.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
He's just afraid that someday he'll wake up in a dinosaur costume not knowing how he got there.
Especially with those vampire fangs -- those'll really confuse him!

I...am not anywhere particularly near having my copy. I think my mother forgot about them as a belated birthday gift, so no pre-ordering or anything, and I didn't receive an Amazon or Borders gift certificate like I usually do from one person, so it might be a little while before I can join you guys in the festivities, hee.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I have mine and it is AWESOME!

I watched the first two episodes and god, they hurt. Treat's monologue in the premiere still rips me to pieces. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch that and keep it together.

"Oh come on, you have to eat. And when was the last time you had an Ashton Kutcher hamburger?" "What is that, some kind of sauce?" Best exchange ever. Hee!

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #36 in Movies & TV
#15 in Television

Sweet!
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart

Last edited by ShadowMagist; 06-16-2009 at 01:35 PM
Old 06-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Here is a detailed review from DVD Talk..........

Everwood: The Complete Second Season : DVD Talk Review of the DVD Video

I should be getting mine in a few days,as they just shipped it today from a town I have never heard of in my state...

June 16, 2009 08:19:51 AM Whitestown IN US
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Just went and got it. I was going to get it from amazon(.ca) but they were charging the same price as the Future Shop and Best Buy! Eee, the smile as I was walking out of the store probably had me looking like a goof, hee.

Quote:
The woman at the store probably thought I was crazy, since I was so excited when I paid for it.
Hee! You've never been so happy to give someone else your money, ever!

Quote:
I thought that was great! He is so Ephram. He had his stutter, he would try and talk when others were jumping in, but he was too quiet. I did like his story about the purple hair incident at basketball, though. Although now I'm trying to picture Greg actually playing basketball, and it's pretty funny!

Thanks for the review, Chuck. That's where I always go to check out DVD reviews so I'm glad that they liked it. Lots of pics and info there for anyone who hasn't gotten it yet, or are thinking of whether they should. See? They highly recommend the DVD, we highly recommend the site.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Just went and got it.
Cooool! So it really exists, huh?
Hee, this is so exciting!

Quote:
Although now I'm trying to picture Greg actually playing basketball, and it's pretty funny!
I think he is playing basketball in "A Wrinkle in Time"... I'm not sure anymore, but I've got this picture in the back of my head...
Old 06-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hee, this is so exciting!
Isn't it just? It's not often that this fanbase gets something to be so excited about all together, but here it is!

I haven't opened mine yet. Hopefully a big sign doesn't pop out saying "FOOLED YOU" when I open it, heh.

Quote:
I...am not anywhere particularly near having my copy. I think my mother forgot about them as a belated birthday gift, so no pre-ordering or anything, and I didn't receive an Amazon or Borders gift certificate like I usually do from one person, so it might be a little while before I can join you guys in the festivities, hee.
Aw, that's too bad, but at least you'll have it!

ETA: I notice that they never did fix the mistake on the cover art where Amy's arm has been erased and it looks like there's a tumor coming out of Ephram's neck because her arm isn't there, but her hand is.

Last edited by 'Tos; 06-16-2009 at 02:40 PM
Old 06-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I haven't opened mine yet. Hopefully a big sign doesn't pop out saying "FOOLED YOU" when I open it, heh.
Now, I still think that's possible... please inform me the instant you open your set!
It all still feels like it could fall into dust any second... I just can't believe it, I'm almost nervous as irrational as it may be...
Old 06-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfs89 (View Post)
Here is a detailed review from DVD Talk..........

Everwood: The Complete Second Season : DVD Talk Review of the DVD Video

I should be getting mine in a few days,as they just shipped it today from a town I have never heard of in my state...

June 16, 2009 08:19:51 AM Whitestown IN US
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
I thought their review of the DVD was pretty spot on, but not liking Merrilyn Gann? Saying Stephanie Niznik isn't good with the heavy drama? Pfft! Go watch her fight scene with Dylan Walsh in Colin the Second in season 1 and say that.

To quote Greg Berlanti, "Merrilyn is God".
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Closed Thread   Post New Thread