Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Do you see Andy ever moving away from Everwood? If so, what do you think makes him move? If not, what do you think makes him stay?
you sure do know how to make my brain hurt

Honestly, as much as Andy was a city guy and loved New York and it had so many memories of Julia and he had a life there....I'm gonna have to say he would stay in Everwood. I'm factoring Nina into my answer as well. He's waited so long to have a family again and even though it's not with Julia, Andy deserves the chance to be a good husband. I think Andy had something to prove to himself. He wants to be a good husband, he already knows he's a great doctor and he's a great father, but he hasn't had a chance to be a good husband.

And Everwood became a home to Andy. Not just because he moved there for Julia or to give the kids a fresh start, but Everwood has an identity for him. He's not just Doctor Brown, he's Andy Brown to that town. People know him as Ephram and Delia's father and not just a world renowned surgeon and that's important because all Andy was in New York was a world renowned surgeon and if there was time left over, he was a person.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Do you see Andy ever moving away from Everwood? If so, what do you think makes him move? If not, what do you think makes him stay?
Hmmm, while I agree with Patricia's post about Andy having a real home in Everwood, once Delia and Sam are both grown I could see Andy and Nina moving out of Everwood. Probably not to New York or another metropolis, but somewhere that Andy has the chance to actually use his skills (without becoming The Great Doctor Brown again). And I could see Nina being the one to give him the nudge to move - she "got" things so well I know she would understand that Andy moved to Everwood to slow down and get to know his children, and now that they're grown his season there is over.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Patricia, Andy did become Mr. Everwood...he settled there...found his family and found love again. I can see him enjoying life there for a while with Nina and helping her raise Sam.
I do agree with your thoughts, Taryn. I can see Andy getting the "itch" once Delia is grown and off to college....Amy and Ephram would be married with children. I can see Andy and Nina trying something new...in another town. Perhaps Andy would get an offer to teach at a Medical school in another state. Perhaps he would take over for Dr. Douglas. (Were we ever told where that school was located?)
Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes, I see Andy moving away from Everwood. I think he would leave once Delia and Sam were done with high school and if Nina wanted to. I think Nina would be up for leaving Everwood by then. They could always keep their place in Everwood as a summer home - hey, Andy's rich!

I agree that he wouldn't necessarily move back to a big city, but I do think that they would try and live near their children wherever that may be.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yes, Dolfan, he admitted to have built a nice little nest egg
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think it all depends on Nina and her wants/desires. Andy owes her big time since he was a clueless idiot about what was truly going on between them for years so I think Nina calls the shots a bit with the pants firmly on as a result. LOL.

I really think if Nina wanted to leave for whatever reason, they would. If not, they would stay right in Everwood. I definitely could see Andy getting back into medicine at a big time clinic or hospital in a big city again but he would never make the same mistakes with Nina that he made with Julia. He wouldn't work himself to death or anything like that. But I could see him practicing again in a big city.

Having said that, their children would always play a large part in their decision making. I don't see them ever moving too far away from Ephram/Delia/Sam. I just don't see it. They both are wonderful parents. I don't see them moving far away where they are not interacting with their children. A couple states over, maybe, but I don't see an across the country move. Their children would always be an important part of their lives. They also would take their Grandparent duties seriously so they would want to be fairly close as a result.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you think if the roles were changed a bit and it was Andy who wanted to move everyone to California then Nina would be okay with it?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

I don't see Andy ever moving away from Everwood. He moved to find Ephram, restart his life and find himself and I think he wants to stay close to the town that set about such an amazing change in his life. As others have said, maybe if Nina wants to go, he would, but I think she would understand what Everwood means to him, and what it has meant to her too. I do, though, think they will travel a lot. From what I remember, Nina has barely even been out of Everwood in her life, and I think she would want to see the things Andy has seen. They'd take that anniversary trip once a year that Andy used to do with Julia, and they would take a cruise with Rose and Harold (imagine that! ). Other than those trips, I think Andy has found his home.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 07-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Maybe a little bit of an easier one this week:

Which minor character did you want to see have a bigger role?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 07-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
i've been thinking about this lately. What about Reid? I know I've been on the "I hate you Reid" bandwagon. But by the end I think he could've had a really good story. Everyone on the show has their problems, Reid may have been the only one to have tried the suicide route. But still, I find him to be rather interesting if developed properly
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that Reid was an interesting character and I kind of felt badly that he had to leave Everwood and his dream to become a doctor. I did, however, want him out of the way...so as not to interfere with Amy and Ephram.

I know I'm probably the only person who feels this way.....I would have loved for Wendell to have a bigger role. (Surprise, 'Tos!)

Wendell was an interesting character...did things for his own gain...but had enough heart to realize what others needed. He wasn't a snob...he really did help Ephram and was the only person at that time who gave Ephram the time of day!
Wendell was such an "Individual". I would have loved to see what his family life was like. I would have loved to see him around the school through the years...having Ephram interact with him a little. Wendell just disappeared!! I hated that about this show! Situations/characters would crop up for one or a few episodes and then..Bamm! They're gone.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Reid is a great choice, Patricia. So is Wendell, and I knew you would pick him, Betty!

I'm stuck between Jacob and Ruth (even though they're two characters, but breaking the rules is fun) or Eugene. I know a lot of people hated Eugene, but I did enjoy the effect he had on Andy, especially in "Goodbye, Love". It was just nice to see Andy as a son, and to see where Ephram gets his attitude gene from.

But I'm going to go against my better judgement (because I hate Jacob) and go with Jacob. I think it would have made sense to see him more with Ephram, see what Ephram was really like and kind of work on fixing his grandson's relationship with Andy instead of trying to undermine it. I think him and Andy, despite the fighting, had some good banter and I think it would have been REALLY special, especially, to see Jacob (and Ruth) bond with Delia over remembering Julia. I hate Jacob, but it would be worth it to see him more to have those kind of moments with Delia.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Loyal Fan

The great thing about this one is that there are so many good options, as shown already. I'm really interested in seeing what everyone thinks.

I would have liked to have seen Reverend Keyes have a bigger role. I loved the friendship that he and Andy had and, personally, I think Andy needed another friend at times. He didn't need to be a regular character or anything but I absolutely would have liked to have seen him in more episodes. I also liked the actor and think that we could have had some funny scenes between he and Harold.

I've always felt that he's one character that the show just kind of missed the boat on a little.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Oh, Reverend Keyes!!! Another fantastic choice. You really can't go wrong...unless you choose Carl or Amanda, heh.

Did Reverend Keyes have any significant scenes with anyone other than Andy?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Did Reverend Keyes have any significant scenes with anyone other than Andy?
I don't believe he did. The townspeople (congregation) loved him...but there was no personal interaction there. He only interacted with Andy.
Reverend Keyes would have been great season 5...counseling Amy/Ephram on their impending marriage.

He probably would have warned them to stay away from free range chicken.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread