Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Okay, I'm thinking that for this, there's only just the one character that's appearing on the show and no one else.

It's tough. Everyone's character is kind of attached to others. You need Andy, Delia and Amy for Ephram. Harold, Ephram and Delia for Andy. Etc.

I was thinking Bright but...Hannah might be the one. I guess for the show she would have chosen Notre Dame instead and it would have followed her journey.

To be honest, good thing there was never a spin off. It just wouldn't have worked without all of these characters!
Hmm, you know what? I stole this question from another board (shh, heh) without thinking of how it would apply to our show. Maybe we should say which two characters would you like to see in a spinoff to make it a little easier? I think other characters could show up as guest characters every once in a while, but to also keep it a challenge, it should focus on two characters.

So if there was ever a spinoff with TWO characters, who would you choose?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 07-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure that you know whom I'd pick....Amy and Ephram!

I always wanted more of them...I didn't like Everwood's ending as much as others because even though Amy and Ephram declared their love for each other....that wasn't enough. What was going to happen next? Would they move in together? What career paths would they follow? Would they get engaged? Marry? Have kids?
There questions could all be answered in a spin off. Amy and Ephram could have their own apartment outside of Everwood...possibly in a town that has a good music/music education school. Of course since both of them are connected to all of the major characters on Everwood...we would have some cool visitors to the spinoff from time to time. We might even see the Hoffman's again!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

I always wanted more of them...I didn't like Everwood's ending as much as others because even though Amy and Ephram declared their love for each other....that wasn't enough. What was going to happen next? Would they move in together? What career paths would they follow? Would they get engaged? Marry? Have kids?
There questions could all be answered in a spin off. Amy and Ephram could have their own apartment outside of Everwood...possibly in a town that has a good music/music education school. Of course since both of them are connected to all of the major characters on Everwood...we would have some cool visitors to the spinoff from time to time. We might even see the Hoffman's again!
I totally agree with Betty. Since there would be some guest appearances, we could get the family members to occasionally stop by or be there for a holiday. Rose could even cook for those, too!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty

Not the Hoffmans! Actually, maybe I'd choose them for my spinoff....hmm, on second thought, I think I'd be more likely to choose Carl and Amanda!

Just like Betty choosing Ephram/Amy because of all the unanswered questions from the finale, I'm going to choose Andy/Nina for the same reason. I always wanted to see what happened next once they moved in, how they dealt with Sam, Delia, living together, how they got engaged without even an actual date, and all the adjustments they'd have to make together. I always thought that was the most exciting thing about S5 and beyond, and it's the one thing that makes me cringe a little when people say the show didn't need a S5, because Andy and Nina very much did for me.

So, um, anyway! I think 5 years gone, Delia is either close to going to college or is in college and I think she'd move out because of her independent streak, so it would Andy/Nina/Sam at this point, and so you'd get visits from Delia, Ephram/Amy, Harold and Rose, Edna, etc. Lots of fun. Most importantly, though, it's about seeing Andy and Nina together for me. Not for the shippy reasons, but mostly because I have a weird fascination for how exactly they would have fit together, because I think they'd fit together wonderfully and how cool would it be to see one, if not two, of the characters who have been through the longest and most grueling journeys in love to be happy together. It's a sweet story.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 07-06-2011, 05:19 AM
Loyal Fan

That would be very good, as well, 'Tos. Just as long as Nina didn't have Jake's kid in that scenario!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Not the Hoffmans! Actually, maybe I'd choose them for my spinoff....hmm, on second thought, I think I'd be more likely to choose Carl and Amanda!
'Tos....you put the Hoffmans in the same category as Carl and Amanda?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

Heh, yeah, Dolfan, Berlanti throws a wrench into any of our spinoff ideas, doesn't he? What a jerkface.

I was tempted to go with Harold and Andy, by the way. Anyone else up for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
'Tos....you put the Hoffmans in the same category as Carl and Amanda?
Hmm, probably not quite there. They do get under my skin a lot, though, especially Jacob. I'd compare them to how you feel about Eugene.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Heh, yeah, Dolfan, Berlanti throws a wrench into any of our spinoff ideas, doesn't he? What a jerkface.

I was tempted to go with Harold and Andy, by the way. Anyone else up for that?
Sometimes I'm glad there wasn't a season five!

I was thinking of Harold on his own but he needs Rose! And Andy...and Edna...and Amy...and Bright.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan
Sometimes I'm glad there wasn't a season five!
*smacks you with a newspaper* Nah, some of those ideas are SCARY, but I think the actors and the rest of the writers would have somehow pulled it all off is all.

Quote:
I was thinking of Harold on his own but he needs Rose! And Andy...and Edna...and Amy...and Bright.
Exactly. Him and Andy need pretty much everyone around them. We could just watch Andy and Harold hang out for hours and hours, but they as characters need everyone else to function properly. Which is not a bad thing at all.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

A spin-off, eh?

I recall quite vividly back in S3 outright saying more than once that Bright and Hannah ought to have their own, but this was primarily because they were by and large the only thing I particularly enjoyed that season, heh. I wanted them in their own awesome little sitcom as a haven from the excessive angst.

But now? Hmm. I would have qualms about considering a show featuring any of Everwood's central players as being a spin-off rather than just a progression of the series -- technically it could be, but I have some difficulty personally dissociating an Ephram or an Andy from Everwood itself. So to that end I'd focus on a secondary character. I think that a case could actually still be made for a Hannah/Bright story that would differ significantly from its parent series; send Hannah off to Notre Dame, have Bright transfer to Indiana University - South Bend, marry them off and present a young couple narrative. It's not the freshest idea but there's a lot of drama to be mined from the issues that very young, still school-bound, marriage can present.

Mind you, I suggest this as someone who doesn't actually 'ship Hannah/Bright any more, haha. But from a practical television standpoint, you're taking two popular characters from a popular pairing (popular with the general audience, at least, regardless of online opinion -- Sarah Drew and B/H featured in enough S3 and 4 [and 5...] promotion for me to assume that they were testing well with someone), who carry over a clear tie from the parent series but also lift out in a logical way.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So if there was ever a spinoff with TWO characters, who would you choose?
Shortest answer in history for rambling me:

Ephram/Amy, because when you have Greg and Emily together on the screen with that much chemistry, you have to go for it!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
But now? Hmm. I would have qualms about considering a show featuring any of Everwood's central players as being a spin-off rather than just a progression of the series -- technically it could be, but I have some difficulty personally dissociating an Ephram or an Andy from Everwood itself. So to that end I'd focus on a secondary character. I think that a case could actually still be made for a Hannah/Bright story that would differ significantly from its parent series; send Hannah off to Notre Dame, have Bright transfer to Indiana University - South Bend, marry them off and present a young couple narrative. It's not the freshest idea but there's a lot of drama to be mined from the issues that very young, still school-bound, marriage can present.

Mind you, I suggest this as someone who doesn't actually 'ship Hannah/Bright any more, haha. But from a practical television standpoint, you're taking two popular characters from a popular pairing (popular with the general audience, at least, regardless of online opinion -- Sarah Drew and B/H featured in enough S3 and 4 [and 5...] promotion for me to assume that they were testing well with someone), who carry over a clear tie from the parent series but also lift out in a logical way.
Ooh, yeah, that does sound good. As well as the young married couple at school element, we could FINALLY have Bright make a career choice and FINALLY give an academic-related storyline to Hannah. There's a lot, also, that Bright and Hannah still need to work out between each other as a couple, and places for them to grow as people, and seeing that in a marriage situation would be interesting. (Another reason why I chose Andy/Nina /cheap plug for my own idea.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Shortest answer in history for rambling me:

Ephram/Amy, because when you have Greg and Emily together on the screen with that much chemistry, you have to go for it!
Do you think they'd move away from Everwood like Betty does?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Everwood, IMO, worked in Everwood, the town. To do a spinoff and not just continue Everwood and try and make it differen't, they'd have to leave Everwood. They wouldn't have to leave Colorado, maybe settle in Denver
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Do you think they'd move away from Everwood like Betty does?
Yes, I think so. I think Ephram/Amy would move away from Everwood. I agree with Patricia that they would have to for series sake anyway. The show was so phenomenal and for as much as we love Ephram/Amy, it would feel weird not seeing other characters interacting with them. We would crave seeing it. So I think Ephram/Amy moving to another city in Colorado or even NYC would be the ticket. Maybe they could have Ephram and/or Amy pursuing an advance degree in college and that is why they moved elsewhere. Or maybe they're already settled in with careers and they moved for a job opportunity. It would be interesting to see Ephram/Amy in a New York City together. Obviously Ephram can handle New York City but it would be fun seeing Amy day to day in such a big city since she's so used to small town life. Given who she is, especially politically, she would fit right in in NYC I would guess. Special guest stars could enter the picture such as Treat/Andy, Tom/Harold, and that would be the cherry on the very rich, icing-filled cake.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Since we've been talking a little about characters moving away from Everwood (and feel free to continue that topic this week too since it's related), I thought we'd ask:

Do you see Andy ever moving away from Everwood? If so, what do you think makes him move? If not, what do you think makes him stay?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread