Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Thanks to Louisa for this week's wonderful question:

Between Harold and Andy, who would you rather be parented by and why? Which one do you think you'd get on better with and why?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 06-26-2011 at 01:06 PM
Old 06-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you really do know how to knock someone down with a tough question

It's hard to choose. At first glance, Harold, easy shot. He's got a family that loves him and respects him and he has a great relationship with Bright and Amy equally.

At first glance you see Andy with his kids, you wonder how they made it their first day in Everwoood without one killing the other (nina is a witness lol)

But seeing how they ended up, I'd choose Andy He really fought for Ephram and Delia. Not just with Jacob and keeping Ephram in Everwood, but just fighting to keep themselves grounded. Julia was the rock that held everything together. But somewhere between the bickering and trying to make everything a home, a family formed. Delia became closer to Ephram and Ephram, by some miracle, let his guard down and became closer to Andy. They just had to heal each other and not knock each other down which is what they were used to.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh man, I feel like I'm betraying my own dad if I answer this one!

I'm choosing Harold. While Andy became a wonderful father, he was, for all intents and purposes, not there for most of Ephram's life. That's going to have an impact on anyone. I'm lucky to have such a great dad so I honestly don't know what's worse: to never have one or to have one that's there that you don't know/never see.

Harold wasn't a perfect parent but he was there for both of his children throughout. That's huge.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Addicted Fan

This is a tough question! Patricia has excellent points about Andy, but I'm going to have to go with Harold myself. My personal beliefs are more closely in line with Harold, and I think I would be more comfortable in his household than in Andy's.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Between Harold and Andy, who would you rather be parented by and why? Which one do you think you'd get on better with and why?

This is a great question...but a toughie!

In my early life...I would prefer Harold to be my parent. Harold knew what he was doing. He was stern...but loving. I would get a good foundation from Harold..I would have boundaries....know what to expect..and not get away with crap. I would have a dad that was always there for me...my parents would be a team. That is so important in the early stage of a child's life.

In my late teens and twenties...I would prefer to have Andy as a parent. For one thing...Andy finally found out how to be a good parent. Also, Andy was a cool guy who was easy to talk to. He was more open minded as a disciplinarian. Harold, on the other hand.pretty often acted like a fuddy duddy...overreacted to stuff....and could be a little too rigid.

So, I'd say that I would like both Andy and Harold to be my dad....but at different stages of my life.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Really enjoying your answers, everyone! I like how different everyone is, and of course that's because we are all so different. Betty, for example, that's just a cool answer, heh. Makes total sense, but everyone's does! Great read.

As for me, I have no idea right now. Totally split. Going to be a thinker. *rubs chin*

Keep it up! And don't forget to add more questions if you've got 'em. Especially toughies like these because look how fun they are.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 06-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to go with Harold, even though Andy is my favourite character. Harold and Bright in S4 when they started to become really close actually does remind me quite a bit of me and my dad. We are quite different just like Bright and Harold are, but it works. I think Harold is probably more like me than Andy, but I think Harold would be an awesome guide for advice and support. I feel that Harold was more consistent in how he supported his whole family. It's a tough job, I'm sure, but Harold rocked at it.

Plus, how cool would it be to have Harold around all the time? It would be so much fun! I'd just follow him around and laugh at all his shenanigans. Good times.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)

Plus, how cool would it be to have Harold around all the time? It would be so much fun! I'd just follow him around and laugh at all his shenanigans. Good times.
I think Harold is still my favorite character. Then again, it's all very close because I like them all. I just think Tom Amandes was perfect for the role.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I think Harold is still my favorite character. Then again, it's all very close because I like them all. I just think Tom Amandes was perfect for the role.
He SO was. I can't believe he auditioned for Andy. Thank goodness the producers pushed him as Harold!

Don't forget to add more questions if you've got them, everyone.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Additional future questions:

13. Do you think some of the scenarios that the Everwood writers included in the show were unrealistic?

14. Who was a better mother...Rose or Julia?

15. Were Ruth and Jacob Hoffman justified in their criticism of Andy and desire to take Ephram back with them?
Old 07-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't remember exactly how I worded it in the A/D thread, but I'd like to discuss -

16. Was it fair of Hal, Sr. to require Harold to perform abortions if the need arose, in order to go into practice in Everwood?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Excellent questions, you two. A whole other month of questions, heh. Thanks so much. I've added them.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
This is a tough question! Patricia has excellent points about Andy, but I'm going to have to go with Harold myself. My personal beliefs are more closely in line with Harold, and I think I would be more comfortable in his household than in Andy's.
I have to agree with that too. No matter what was going on with Harold in his practice or his patients or anything outside of the home, he always came ome to a home that was warm and loving and that never changed.

Even when Bright was going through his stuff in Season 3, he could still go home and find that peace.

And it took quite a while for Andy to make his house a home in Everwood
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

If there was ever a spin off with one character who would you choose and why?
Old 07-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay, I'm thinking that for this, there's only just the one character that's appearing on the show and no one else.

It's tough. Everyone's character is kind of attached to others. You need Andy, Delia and Amy for Ephram. Harold, Ephram and Delia for Andy. Etc.

I was thinking Bright but...Hannah might be the one. I guess for the show she would have chosen Notre Dame instead and it would have followed her journey.

To be honest, good thing there was never a spin off. It just wouldn't have worked without all of these characters!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread