Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2004, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Very, very disappointing. Everything Ephram did tonight was plain wrong. How could he lie to Amy like that? And he only told her the truth because he thought that she already knew about it. I felt so badly for Amy. She was emotionally devastated in finding out about Hannah, and then gets lied to by her boyfriend, who only tells her he lied because he thought she already knew! Even though I ship E/A and will until the very end, I am so upset with Ephram's actions right now, that I feel like Amy deserves to be as angry as ever over this, and if she even breaks up with him, I wouldn't blame her one bit. Of course I don't want them to break up, but what I mean to say is however angry Amy reacts to this, Ephram deserves it. I understand the analogy of how whenever everything is perfect in your life, you subconsciously want mess up the perfection.. Even though I am a graduate student in a field in psychology, I still don't understand Ephram's actions tonight. I have never been more disappointed in Ephram as I was in this episode.

And Andy? He is the biggest idiot. Like father, like son I guess. Harold gave him quite possibly one of the most compelling and powerful speeches ever, about how plain wrong it would be for Andy to even consider a romantic relationship with Amanda, and what does Andy do? Sweeps Harold's advice under the rug. Unbelievable.

Yes, if the writers were going for the parallel tonight of two idiotic father/son, tandem, screwing up everything in their path, they brilliantly succeeded in portraying it quite nicely.

Hannah broke my heart. I was shocked whenever she told Amy about her father's terminal illness. I loved how Amy researched it and cared so much about Hannah. That was amazing to see. I love how Amy was being Amy as she was persistent at first about Hannah getting tested and stuff but she then backed off once Hannah explained her thoughts and feelings. I loved how Amy listened to her. You can tell how much Amy cares about Hannah and I love their friendship.

Overall, I feel that the writers wanted to leave this last episode with some fireworks and mess things up a bit, and they certainly succeeded in doing so. However, I thought it was ridiculous and almost blatantly obvious with what they were trying to do. Berlanti could not have been affiliated with this last episode. I can almost guarantee it.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-06-2019 at 05:42 AM
Old 11-30-2004, 03:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Ephram made a big mistake lying to Amy. It was wrong because it caused her to question him. I can understand him wanting to see Maddy to see how's she's doing but he should not have lied. I don't know what to say about Andy really. Stupid. Nice seeing Ephram and Bright talking. Hannah stuff made me sad.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:38 AM
Administrator

What really gets me too is why Ephram couldn’t have told Amy that Madison’s band was in town, and he wanted to go see them with her (meaning Amy). It would have been a great opportunity to allay Amy’s insecurities about Madison, and also show Madison how happy he and Amy are, but noooooooooo! He has to lie to Amy, and then tell her the truth only because he thought she already knew, and hurt her right after she slept with him! Are us males so stupid? Ephram, you’re an idiot, and so is your father!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-30-2004, 03:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D
Ephram, you’re an idiot, and so is your father!
Well said Jerry and I agree. No reason to lie.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Are us males so stupid? Ephram, you’re an idiot, and so is your father!
Yes, you are! No seriously, Ephram was so wrong to lie to Amy. I honestly don't even think he wanted to see Madison initially, until Bright started to go into cheerleader mode of weirdly going on this pro-Madison rant. Bright seemed very strange as I would have guessed that he would have been looking out for his sister. I thought Bright's actions were very contrived.

All I know is Ephram deserves what he gets from Amy.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

I posted my detailed thoughts on the "greenies" thread. Suffice to say that someone in the writer or producer group deserves to have their ass canned for this one. They've insulted our intelligence by expecting us to accept behavior from several key characters that is completely opposite to the patterns they have spent two and a half years building. And all for a few cliffhangers.
Only the Amy/Hannah story line was both believable and affecting.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

When all is said and done, Ephram's dishonesty to Amy tonight may end up being more destructive to their relationship than the M-bomb detonation will be. At least that situation doesn't involve Ephram being dishonest.
Hopefully, once Amy works out her touching sadness about Hannah's situation, and cools down a bit, she can find some way to forgive him. You screwed up big, son. Almost as badly as the writers. I still can't believe they can ask us to spend two and a half years investing in the E/A story, only to damage it so badly barely after they reached the ultimate level of happiness. And to have the harm caused by behavior so utterly uncharacteristic of Ephram. And now they have Ephram identifying himself as having self-destructive tendencies compelling him to destroy any happiness he attains? Is that what we have to look forward to? This sucks.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just a few key points from my POV

Ephram: Stay away from Madison, forget her! ugh... If he was going to see her band, he should have been upfront with Amy, *took* her even. But I partially blame Bright for encouraging him.

Amy: I feel bad for her. I think she'll get over Ephram lying, it was just icing on the Hannah cake.

Andy: I have lost all respect for him now. All of it. He can't possibly win in back now.

Bright: He was just too cute in his suit and jacket ordering pies on the *city tab*
Old 11-30-2004, 04:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen
Yes, you are!
I shouldn't ask rhetorical questions like that!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-30-2004, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I taped this episode, but didnt watch it... Should i even bother watching it, cauuse i know ill be throwing something at the tv.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Although I didn't like this episode, I feel yet another call-out is due to the talent of Emily Van Camp. In her scenes with Hannah, her family, and Ephram she was luminous. And the way she looked getting ready for her date with Ephram really emphasized how stupidly he acted. Kudos to Sarah Drew, also.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I shouldn't ask rhetorical questions like that!

True Daisy, I am not sure what to tell you. I really can't find one E/A fan that is pleased by the episode, so I don't know if that makes up your mind, either way. Maybe you will get through the episode just knowing to expect the disappointment? Or, just watch the great Amy/Hannah scenes and FF the rest. LOL

MAKRO, I so agree. EVC is outstanding and I can never say enough about how brilliant of an actress she is. She shines on the screen no matter what. She simply blows me away with her talent. Clearly, she is the very best young actress out there.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

Will comment on the whole thing later but I had to say something about the lie. It really could have been avoided altogether but whatever it's done. While Bright told Ephram not to tell Amy, he certainly did not encourage him to lie outrightly about what he was doing. Had Ephram said something sooner rather than last minute, that would have helped too. While I'm all for honesty, I kinda see where the omission thing could seem harmless.
Anyway, all Ephram had to do was tell Amy that there was a breakthrough on the Bright front and that they were talking again and going to see a concert together, postponing the date to a later time and not canceling it. I think that lie would probably have flown better, plus all he would have left out was what band they were going to see. I was shocked that he had the nerve to call in sick while sitting outside the club. Stupidity must be hereditary.

ETA: Because I clearly can't tell the difference between hereditary and heredity at 1 in the morning.

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 11-30-2004 at 05:10 AM
Old 11-30-2004, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by MissCongeniality
I was shocked that he had the nerve to call in sick while sitting outside the club. Stupidity must be heredity.
Me too, Candace. This is probably what bothered me the most. Watching him scheming and flat out lying as he is sitting outside the club. Irks me, big time.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

I actually thought he was calling from outside his house...I actually laughed when he got out of the car. The worst idea ever! Totally unnecessary after last week. This episode was on the opposite end of the spectrum, and should have been handled better, or have been written by Rina Mimoun as a follow up to last week's.