Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
The experience, I'm saying would've been different. If Ephram didn't read the signals that Amy wasn't ready, they would've had sex before they were ready. Albeit a few hours before they really did. But she wasn't ready and if both people aren't ready for that, then regret goes into the relationship, resentment. And there might have been more hate than love for the E/A scenarios.

We may have not gotten what we wanted, but it's a lot better than hate
Yes, I think that was an important moment for both of them. If it didn't go well for both of them, they would be even less intimate than they already were.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

would that be possible?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
would that be possible?
Yeah, it would be very, very difficult, wouldn't it?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

almost non existant
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If they were any less intimate...they would be living in different countries.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was certainly get colder in Everwood, wouldn't it Betty?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-26-2017, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Why was the EA makeout scene at the beginning so awkward? I mean, I know why, but I am not sure I was a fan of the inner monologues. Later, Amy asking Ephram flat out why he hasn’t tried to have sex with her was hilarious. Precious babies are just so awkward and nervous, it’s actually really cute.

I like how the show handles sex. I mean, they are young and I usually hate when young kids have sex, but I think the way they are talking about it is really sweet. You can tell they are nervous and unsure and its obvious they really love each other. So if a show is gonna show teen sex, this is how they should do it.

I appreciate Ephram telling Andy about his plans to be with Amy. And I like that Andy allowed it and told him to be safe but IDK if it was really the right decision based on the circumstances and what he knows about Madison… I think he should have spoken to Amy about being safe as well.

The Harold and Amy scene was also awkward and I found it a bit OOC that Harold just allowed Amy to go, but I guess that deep down he trusts Ephram and knows that they love one another. (The morning after scene with Amy glowing was so cute and funny )

I love that Hannah wants to wait for marriage because it’s showing two very different opinions. And Hannah is right that by making that decision it makes things easier and she doesnt have to stress about sex. I agree that I wish that it was someone less predictable than Hannah, but not a big deal.

I don’t hate Amanda and Andy together but IDK, something just feels so wrong with them. It’d be one thing if they kissed on instinct and then felt bad, but it just feels like the whole date was calculated (Which it was). I mean I’m not really sure what Amanda SHOULD do in this situation but it just feels wrong. At least Ephram was right to put a stop to it at the end there.

The EA bed scene was so cute, I love that Ephram said immediately, “we’ll wait.” Amy’s insecurities were silly, them being just friends? Right. Ephram taking sex “off the table” was sweet and the smart thing to do to get Amy out of her head about it. Because you know that Ephram knew that everything she was saying was silly. And the morning scene between them was just the cutest thing ever. So natural and easy and it just felt right. I wish we got to see just a tiny bit more of their first time, but I will try not to complain lol.

But I think the phonecall scene was actually mu favorite because Ephram just needed to call her and they were both so smiley and happy.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really loved the EA make out scene lol. This was so funny and cute like the rest of the episode as well.
Oh and what about Ephram all romantic with the roses and everything in the cabin

This one is one my favorite episodes list

Amanda and Andy relationship, i found it very disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
If they were any less intimate...they would be living in different countries.
that´s truth. I was disappointed by the lack of intimacy they showed for the rest of the 3rd season. C´mom these 2 are teenagers, full of hormones, just had sex and all episodes after they hardly ever kissed each other (i´m not saying they should make out all the time but like never kissing was way a little too much too. Despite this little datail the dynamic of their relationship was great)

Last edited by The Affleck's fan; 08-27-2017 at 01:12 PM
Old 08-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Why was the EA makeout scene at the beginning so awkward? I mean, I know why, but I am not sure I was a fan of the inner monologues. Later, Amy asking Ephram flat out why he hasn’t tried to have sex with her was hilarious. Precious babies are just so awkward and nervous, it’s actually really cute.
Quote:

I really loved the EA make out scene lol. This was so funny and cute like the rest of the episode as well.
Oh and what about Ephram all romantic with the roses and everything on the cabin
I really wasn't a fan of this makeout scene at the beginning of this episode. It was funny..but so unrealistic for this couple. All we have had up until this episode were ramdom kisses for season one up until this point..kisses that were pretty hot! Here we have a young teenaged hormonal couple who have been in a relationship for several months...spent time together in NYC...really liked each other...so..why so awkward? It really makes absolutely no sense to me. I realize Amy was nervous about going to the next step, but I still don't buy it.

Regarding Ephram and his romantic gestures...that's our Ephram. He is a doll!
Old 08-27-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Affleck's fan (View Post)
I really loved the EA make out scene lol.
I loved it too. LOL I thought it was hilarious with classic Greg/Emily as Ephram/Amy hitting and sticking with their magical chemistry. I also loved the shot at Madison about sex in a car too.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I like how the show handles sex. I mean, they are young and I usually hate when young kids have sex, but I think the way they are talking about it is really sweet. You can tell they are nervous and unsure and its obvious they really love each other. So if a show is gonna show teen sex, this is how they should do it.
So true! They handle it perfectly without preaching about sex too.

Quote:
I appreciate Ephram telling Andy about his plans to be with Amy. And I like that Andy allowed it and told him to be safe but IDK if it was really the right decision based on the circumstances and what he knows about Madison… I think he should have spoken to Amy about being safe as well.

The Harold and Amy scene was also awkward and I found it a bit OOC that Harold just allowed Amy to go, but I guess that deep down he trusts Ephram and knows that they love one another. (The morning after scene with Amy glowing was so cute and funny )
I loved how we got tons of Ephram/Amy and Amy/Harold interaction in this one. It's so fitting given what was going on between Ephram/Amy in this episode.

Quote:
I love that Hannah wants to wait for marriage because it’s showing two very different opinions. And Hannah is right that by making that decision it makes things easier and she doesnt have to stress about sex. I agree that I wish that it was someone less predictable than Hannah, but not a big deal.
I completely agree. I think that's why I might not have been jumping up and down for a Hannah/Bright romantic pairing. You just knew Bright wasn't going to be able to put up with the no sex before marriage thing. I think it would have been better if Hannah would have dated a guy who shared the same beliefs or a guy that wasn't... well, Bright, lol, who could wait.

Quote:
I don’t hate Amanda and Andy together but IDK, something just feels so wrong with them.
I think that's precisely what we were meant to feel. I honestly don't believe Berlanti wanted us to flat out hate this pairing. In fact, he even mentioned he was shocked over how many hated Amanda. I just think he wanted to show that it was wrong, but these were two characters struggling with their lives (Andy with guilt over the Madison nightmare, Amanda dealing with her husband's health condition) and that's why they found each other temporarily.

Quote:
The EA bed scene was so cute, I love that Ephram said immediately, “we’ll wait.” Amy’s insecurities were silly, them being just friends? Right. Ephram taking sex “off the table” was sweet and the smart thing to do to get Amy out of her head about it. Because you know that Ephram knew that everything she was saying was silly. And the morning scene between them was just the cutest thing ever. So natural and easy and it just felt right. I wish we got to see just a tiny bit more of their first time, but I will try not to complain lol.

But I think the phonecall scene was actually mu favorite because Ephram just needed to call her and they were both so smiley and happy.
All of this was just so beautifully constructed and well done.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread