Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 02:47 AM
Administrator

Great comments, everyone. I'll be writing my own commentary tomorrow night, because I worked late and I'm not feeling well, but as always, I really enjoy reading everyone's perspective on these episodes.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-24-2004, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I am eager to hear your thoughts, Jerry. And I have a feeling many others love reading your commentary because, well, it's always outstanding. I also hope you feel better.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Does anyone know will they repeat this episode?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by True Daisy lover4ever
Does anyone know will they repeat this episode?
Hmm if they do repeat it, it might not be until december whent hey have a break and show reruns during the holiday month. Thats my guess.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 11-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The spec is that they are doing very limited repeats during the hiatus. But they will show a few repeats. I know they are showing either the first or second episode (forgot which one) of season 3 for sure during hiatus, but the other specific repeats haven't been announced yet.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh i hope they repeat this one, i saw the episode, but i didnt tape it

btw i started a thread over at couples thread for greenies, feel free to stop by
Old 11-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by True Daisy lover4ever
oh i hope they repeat this one, i saw the episode, but i didnt tape it

btw i started a thread over at couples thread for greenies, feel free to stop by
I know, I also hope they repeat this one. If not this hiatus, then maybe next hiatus. They will eventually repeat it, it's just a matter of when.

Thanks so much for starting an E/A thread. I'll be there for sure.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Although new to these boards, I am a long-time viewer. I look at the heartwarming happiness and contentment so obvious in the E/A telephone scene as the reward for their perserverance in overcoming all the obstacles to their being together and happy. I think the writers/producers will be making a huge mistake if they allow the M issue, or any other, to fatally damage this wonderfully deep and nuanced relationship. I, for example, would much prefer that Madison never re-appear (I'm doomed to disappointment on this one) and that many upcoming episodes were devoted to watching the E/A dynamic continue to grow.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

MAKRO, great points. I completely agree and hope the writers don't mess with the brilliance that is E/A. I understand that there needs to be drama and some slight bumps in the road for this dynamic couple, but I only pray that the writers don't feel like these bumps need to be severe and cause huge destruction to the relationship. I feel like if the writers go with the destruction route with E/A, then they are only shooting themselves in the foot. They would be destroying something pure and golden that they have nurtured and created since day 1.

So as the Madison bomb and even the Princeton bomb looms ever present over them, I only hope that the writers handle these situations in a way that either further strenthens the E/A relationship, or at the very least, does not destroy what is so unique and phenomenal about E/A.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Addicted Fan

I liked this epsiode...the scene where E/A come home was hillarious with thier parents....however I really wish they hadn't slept together. I thought they weren't gonna do it at the last minute, which made me happy, but they did. It's not that I don't like them together, I do, i've been a greenie since the very beginning, it's just that the show is now like every other show for teens on tv.
-maria
Old 11-26-2004, 03:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

So, what happened to The Day After?
The E/A tryst took place over Saturday night and presumably early Sunday morning. From the giddyness displayed at each of their breakfast table scenes, it's obvious their coupling was successful in the extreme. When Ephram interrupts his tossing and turning and initiates their moment of sheer delight in one another of the type that only new young lovers can pull off, it is obviously sometime Sunday night. And it is at least inferred that this is their first contact after returning from the cabin.
So what about the rest of Sunday? If two young people had just undergone their first experience with mutual physical bliss, wouldn't they move hell and high water to see each other again as soon as humanly possible (for a repeat or whatever)? Or at least make goo goo eyes over the phone earlier than late that night? Wouldn't Amy have wanted to talk to her confidant Hannah?
None of this detracts one iota from the perfection of that ending phone call scene, but just curious.......

P.S. Dear Writers: please include a scene of Amy and Ephram slow dancing together, perhaps in his studio (we haven't seen such a scene in too long). They would be totally absorbed in each the way newly intimate couples are, and there would be zero dialogue necessary. I think this would be a charming illustration of their new status.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Maria
the show is now like every other show for teens on tv.
-maria
Thank you, I'm glad someone finally relaized that. I have been so dissapointed how much Everwood has blended in over the year, and I'm glad someone else finally sees that.

kenny | credit
Old 11-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

I guess somewhere in the midst of Dr. Browns (somewhat guilty) exhortations on the subject and Dr. Abbott's hilarious tea party, the issue of safety was firmly implanted in the minds of both Ephram and Amy prior to the consummation of their relationship. In spite of having no worries regarding STD's (Amy's virginal status, Ephram's clean test results), they elected to use multiple methods of contraception. I think that is another indication of how important their relationship is to them; they want to let it develop free from worrying about a "mistake". That has to be somewhere near the height of irony, considering what's probably coming.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

MAKRO, I completely agree.

Also, regarding your question about where the time went from Sunday morning to Sunday evening regarding E/A, something tells me the writers wanted us to just "imagine" what they were doing during this time. My guess is they wanted us to think they were both still in the afterglow routine, just savoring and remembering how special it was whenever they took their relationship to the next level. And then the phone call that night was just icing on the cake once they talked to each other for the first time since.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Wow, page three!
www.tvguide.com Watercooler actually reviewed this episode on Tuesday and I thought that I would post it.
Quote:
I normally don't watch this every week, but I'm tuning in tonight 'cause Amy and Ephram are supposed to do it! Or, as Harold told Andy, "My daughter is about to be deflowered by your son's super-sperm!" Whose father talks like that? And how many, armed with that knowledge, would actually allow their children to spend the night together? At least we see a nervous Amy reading the hilariously titled "Guide to Getting It On" and trying to justify her decision to her best friend (who wants to wait until marriage, natch). "Call it horizontal jogging," Amy tells Hannah, "and suddenly it's no big whoop." Well, not exactly, since she chickens out when she and Ephram are finally alone in the cabin. But when he wipes away her tears and holds her close, something tells me she'll change her mind. Which, of course, she does, surrounded by flowers, candles and a flickering fire. And fathers across America vow to lock up their teenage daughters until they're 30._by Robin Honig