Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was really thinking about this today. Bright's in a depression about Notre Dame and what his direction is in life. And Amy was depressed over Tommy and where her life was at and how Colin's death affected her. This is a case in point when it's a judgement call. Does Bright need medication like Amy did to get through the day, no. He just needs to believe in himself. He needs to realize what he has now other than what he wanted to have in his life. Life is not about what you want, it's about what you got.

All I'm saying is, the writers put a great case in front of us. Bright is acting out, sleeping with random girls at Ephram's because he failed himself. I just think that to see the difference of the different kinds of depression from Amy to Bright would make the viewers see how Amy did need medication and wasn't going to get better without it.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
I was really thinking about this today. Bright's in a depression about Notre Dame and what his direction is in life. And Amy was depressed over Tommy and where her life was at and how Colin's death affected her. This is a case in point when it's a judgement call. Does Bright need medication like Amy did to get through the day, no. He just needs to believe in himself. He needs to realize what he has now other than what he wanted to have in his life. Life is not about what you want, it's about what you got.

All I'm saying is, the writers put a great case in front of us. Bright is acting out, sleeping with random girls at Ephram's because he failed himself. I just think that to see the difference of the different kinds of depression from Amy to Bright would make the viewers see how Amy did need medication and wasn't going to get better without it.
Good point. Amy wasn't just acting out, she wasn't doing anything, feeling anything. Bright is still who he always is, just taking it to an extreme. Amy was totally different from who she was for most of S2.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 08-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

all Bright needs to do is start getting out of the house and see what's out there. He's gotten too comfortable with his parents always letting him just slack off.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
all Bright needs to do is start getting out of the house and see what's out there. He's gotten too comfortable with his parents always letting him just slack off.
I think if he was by himself, though, he wouldn't have his parents to pull him out of his funk. He needed Rose to wake him up and he needs Harold for advice. I always liked that Bright, the cool, popular kid ended up being kind of a homebody, hee. But now his parents can focus on him, S2 was focusing on Amy. Now they're seeing more of his bad habits again, and he's definitely showing off as many of those bad habits as he can early on in S3.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's cute that Bright wants to be a homebody, but Bright was letting high school sense of habit run his life. He fell into that slump and Harold and Rose were so busy trying to find out how to help Amy they didn't do anything about it, hence letting it happen almost.
{EphramAmy}
patricia

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 09-12-2010 at 10:19 AM
Old 09-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

I think you edited Patricia's post instead of replying, Betty. Or else I'm really confused.

Being a homebody, though, I definitely agree that Bright was taking the wrong approach. He wasn't allowing himself to grow up in early S3.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's cute that Bright wants to be a homebody, but Bright was letting high school sense of habit run his life. He fell into that slump and Harold and Rose were so busy trying to find out how to help Amy they didn't do anything about it, hence letting it happen almost.

You're right, Patricia. It's one thing to be a homebody...live at home after college..get a job...commute. It's a totally a different thing to slack, flounder, have friends over, drink, and have no direction.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I think you edited Patricia's post instead of replying, Betty. Or else I'm really confused.
You are not confused, Tos. I am loopy...and I fixed my mistake.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You are not confused, Tos. I am loopy...and I fixed my mistake.
I was wondering why my post was edited

I've had to do a check a lot of the time to make sure I don't click "EDIT" because I'm still used to clicking the left link
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was wondering why my post was edited

I've had to do a check a lot of the time to make sure I don't click "EDIT" because I'm still used to clicking the left link
I know! But you're a new Mod and it's understandable. What's my excuse?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Just blame it on the system. Why are the two buttons so close?! There we go, no need for an excuse.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
you're just so busy posting good, quality posts that you don't seem to look for the small little details

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Just blame it on the system. Why are the two buttons so close?! There we go, no need for an excuse.
exactly! EDIT should be on the far left from Reply & Quick Reply
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 06-20-2017, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really liked this episode. I thought the case was pretty interesting and I liked Sara a lot but I could be biased because I like the actress.

Nina and Jake flirting is too much for me and I like that Andy was there to witness it. But Jake just comes off so manipulative to me.

Hannah annoys me, she just came off a bit pretentious and debbie downer to me. But Amy was being annoying when she was trying to set her up. I liked seeing Amy a bit jealous and I am glad she apologized to Hannah but it was still silly. But I really like the idea of a Hannah/Amy friendship because I think Amy needs a friend. At least Lanie was mentioned I guess.

Hannah and Bright, idk, I didnt feel any sparks but I do think the start of their SL is pretty interesting, him finding her really boring. But we'll see how it plays out.

Don't really blame Edna for leaving Harold with how they treat each other.

Still loving the Harold and Andy friendship so much!

THE LAST EPHRAM/AMY SCENE. OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE. I loved the i love you's so much and just the way they were sitting, they fit so good together.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I really liked this episode. I thought the case was pretty interesting and I liked Sara a lot but I could be biased because I like the actress.

Nina and Jake flirting is too much for me and I like that Andy was there to witness it. But Jake just comes off so manipulative to me.

Hannah annoys me, she just came off a bit pretentious and debbie downer to me. But Amy was being annoying when she was trying to set her up. I liked seeing Amy a bit jealous and I am glad she apologized to Hannah but it was still silly. But I really like the idea of a Hannah/Amy friendship because I think Amy needs a friend. At least Lanie was mentioned I guess.

Hannah and Bright, idk, I didnt feel any sparks but I do think the start of their SL is pretty interesting, him finding her really boring. But we'll see how it plays out.

Don't really blame Edna for leaving Harold with how they treat each other.

Still loving the Harold and Andy friendship so much!

THE LAST EPHRAM/AMY SCENE. OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE. I loved the i love you's so much and just the way they were sitting, they fit so good together.
The last Ephramy scene was epic. Everything about it was perfection. The writing, acting, direction, music, everything was just beautiful!

Disliked Nina and Jake so I tried to ignore them when they had their scenes. I did appreciate Andy's jealousy though. That was the best part about Nina/Jake for me.

Agreed about Hannah. I grew to like her more but she was never my favorite and sometimes she did annoy me. I also found Bright and Hannah a bit unrealistic too.

I love how much the Harold/Andy friendship evolves in season 3. Love these two!
Old 07-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Disliked Nina and Jake so I tried to ignore them when they had their scenes. I did appreciate Andy's jealousy though. That was the best part about Nina/Jake for me.
Andy's jealousy was probably the only part I did like about Nina and Jake.

Nina and Jake, IMO, were just a joke, tbh. I didn't like Jake for the fact that he was a liar and told Andy about Ephram's visit to his office. That he could lose his license for and I wish he would have. He was a liar because he had an addiction to painkillers and should not have been practicing medicine and should have been really upfront with Harold and Andy about it. He tried to hide and it and thought it would go away.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread