Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion Thread: Ep#303- "Staking Claim"

from thewb.com
Quote:

Episode #303 - "Staking Claim"
fresh | monday | 9/8c

Ephram (Gregory Smith) regrets promising Nina (Stephanie Niznik) that he would watch over Hannah (Sarah Drew) at school, especially when her constant presence interferes with his time alone with Amy (Emily VanCamp). Amy befriends Hannah out of a sense of charity, but soon finds Hannah so refreshing that a real friendship develops. Meanwhile, Andy (Treat Williams) tries to ignore the tension between Dr. Abbott (Tom Amandes) and Edna (Debra Mooney), but his attitude forces Edna to quit and go to work for Dr. Hartman (Scott Wolf). Andy treats a 13-year-old patient (guest star Carter Jenkins) whose mysterious injuries cause Andy to suspect the boy's mother (guest star Elizabeth Mitchell) of abuse.

Chris Pratt, John Beasley, Merrilyn Gann and Vivien Cardone also star. Bruce Miller wrote the episode directed by Michael Schultz.
The Maria - I wasn't sure if this was ok for me to post, so if it isn't then you can delete it.

kenny | credit
Old 09-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Can't wait for the new episode! Less than an hour away!
Old 09-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Loyal Fan

AW! That was so cute! I'm going to miss that woman working at the doctor's office though...she seemed to fit well. I'm glad Amy got a new friend, they seem to be a good match lol. And that ending! SO CUTE! Gah. I loved it. Anyone know what that song was??
Old 09-28-2004, 12:57 AM
Supreme Fan

Well tonights episode was good. The whole Hannah thing and Bright was funny. Although I knew it was a disaster hookup... I thought it could be interesting to see Bright with someone steady... and who knows a possible love circle between them all.

My Thoughts
Old 09-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Allstar-thank you soo much for posting this. Last night was crazy, my dad messed up my computer and I didn't have a chance to get on to start the new thread.

For everyone-if Excalibur or I don't post a discussion thread by monday that the show airs, feel free to start it.

Ahh E/A said I love you.
-maria
Old 09-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I liked tonight. I like Edna and I liked her scene with Andy at the end when she told him she had a blast. I loved the end Ephram/Amy scene it was my favorite part of the episode really really good. I hope Hannah and Amy form a real friendship it seems like they will. Bright cracks me up every episode.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

This episode was pretty good.

Something that Im having a little bit of trouble with is Amy though. I realize they probably wanted to drag her out of the mud of last season and make her shiny and happy again but I think, even with the steps she made last season, its a bit sudden. Im really talking about her relationship with Ephram. DId I miss the exact point where she fell in love with him? The point where she even realized he existed after last season? I thought it was sweet when they said they loved each other but that it was a slight stretch, maybe a bit too early. Im not ready to forsake reality and say "Aww theyre so cute, how cute", yea it was cute but still had me scratching my head a bit.

Im guessing Hannah's purpose is to be a companion to Amy, that should be cool, do I spy a makeover episode coming?

Bright, so cute, as always. It was sweet how he didnt let on how bored he was with Hannah.

And lastly I cant believe Edna left Andy! I really thought in the end he'd win her back. Im guessing this opens up a position for his nurse. Im not really liking Doc Hollywood yet though, he's way too naive and happy but its obvious he and Nina are gonna get it on sooner or later.
Master Fan

I thought tonight's episode was really cute. Hannah is so sweet but I can see where Amy would get the idea she was trying to steal Ephram away from her. But then we found out she was into guys like Bright Aww and Dr brown telling jake to hikei t up his This show gets funnier each week. I'm glad scott joined the cast. He's awesome.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

OMG, what an OUTSTANDING ending! E/A were freaking adorable! I adore these two together. They have so much chemistry.. The "I Love You's" were sweet! This couple just makes me giddy. They are so fun to watch. I love how they can communicate and work through stuff, like Amy's jealousy in this episode. Their banter is priceless. It is so dead on and completely adorable. I also loved how Amy spazed whenever finding out that her friend grabbed Ephram's a$$! "SHE WHAT!!!" That was classic.. Hee.. I look forward to the Amy/Hannah friendship. I would also love to see Bright and Hannah eventually get together.

But OMG, Greg and Emily just ROCK together as E/A. Their chemistry is off the charts. It is as good as it gets..

Did I say how much I loved E/A's "I Love You" exchanges.. LOL This couple is a joy to see. They have the full package and I just love them!

Last edited by jediwands; 09-28-2004 at 07:45 PM
Old 09-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Extreme Fan

That's not a bad point Sugz I guess during the summer maybe? I also agree this Edna leaving thing is going to open up a place for a nurse with Andy. In the end I as well thought Edna would go back. I agree Wilpen what a great ending. I really hope we start to see more of Delilah in the upcoming episodes.

Last edited by COOLCAT200; 09-28-2004 at 01:17 AM
Old 09-28-2004, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks COOLCAT. Yeah, a perfect ending. One that I have already watched three times now.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Elite Fan

Wilpen - Obsessed Much?

Ha Ha, and I'm so glad I could help out Maria.

Ok, as for the episode. Wow. Another great one. I think Hannah is slowly going to come between E/A. Somehow, aside from Madison, obviously. As for Edna , That's so sad that she's not Andy's nurse anymore. Dr. Hamilton's office was snazzy, and the lava lamp!!!!
Hannah is awesome, and I love that she's reading "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", thats my favorite book. I'm sold.
E/A at the end ... aww! I love it.
And, the story with the mother and the son with Autism. Wow. Very powerful stuff. Cannot believe she sent the other one away. Very powerful.

Next weeks looks funny. Wow. Nina and a vibrator. Just .. wow!

kenny | credit
Old 09-28-2004, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by @ L L S T @ R
Wilpen - Obsessed Much?
LOL, Yeah, it takes a lot for me to fall in love with a couple, but whenever I do... I go all out..
Quote:

I think Hannah is slowly going to come between E/A.
Dude, I hope you're wrong. #1. I hate triangles.. #2. I think there is huge potential with the Amy/Hannah friendship.. #3. I would like to think that what E/A have is far too strong to be at risk due to a third party.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen
LOL, Yeah, it takes a lot for me to fall in love with a couple, but whenever I do... I go all out..

Dude, I hope you're wrong. #1. I hate triangles.. #2. I think there is huge potential with the Amy/Hannah friendship.. #3. I would like to think that what E/A have is far too strong to be at risk due to a third party.
lol to the top.

and yeah, i hope your right. triangles can get so over done. i really dont want that to be the case.

kenny | credit
Old 09-28-2004, 02:43 AM
Administrator

I really loved this heartwarming and touching episode, as the “Green-Eyed Monster” consumed Amy, and long smoldering resentments between a mother and son resulted in Andy Brown losing the first person who really befriended him.

I thought it was funny and touching that Amy was jealous of Ephram's budding friendship with Hannah, and that she got “territorial” about the boy that she loved, but I also thought it was sweet of Ephram to tell Amy that he recognized that Hannah is a special person, and although Hannah was hurt when she found out that Amy had set her up with Bright to keep her away from Ephram, I was glad that Amy went and apologized to Hannah. I really enjoyed the final conversation that Amy and Hannah had, as Amy revealed her insecurities about her relationship with Ephram, and I thought it was sweet when Hannah told Amy that Ephram was in love with her. I was glad that they both found that they had a lot in common, and it seems like they’re going to be friends, and I thought it was sweet of Amy to tell Hannah that Laynie would love her. I was disappointed to hear that Laynie isn’t coming back though.

Bright, as always, was a hoot, and I thought it was hilarious when he said “Oh my God, I didn’t know that boredom could cause actual physical pain in your body!”

I thought the story of the Beck’s was sad and touching, as one brother protected another brother who was causing him physical harm, and I thought that Andy learned another lesson about how solutions aren’t simple when it comes to one’s children, and I thought his scenes with Mrs. Beck were very moving.

I was sad to see Edna leave Andy, but his insensitivity to her differences with Harold cost him, as he put it so well, the first partner that he ever had. Still though, given the deeply rooted differences that exist between Harold and Edna, this move was probably for the best. It’s sad that Edna and Harold’s relationship is so strained, but you really have to give Edna credit for recognizing her part in what happened between them, and her further recognition that she loves her son, but that she simply can’t work with him. As always, I really enjoyed how Andy and Harold relate to one another, and I was really touched by the final scene between them when Andy responded in an understanding way when Harold said that he thought that Edna would like having a computer.

I still find Jake annoying and hyper, and it seems like him and Nina will eventually hook up, and Scott Wolf has yet to give me a reason to like his character.

I loved it when Ephram held Amy's hand in the diner, and I absolutely loved the final scene between Amy and Ephram, and they’re so sweet together, and they have a natural ease around each other that’s so endearing. I loved it when they told each other that they loved each other, and Greg and Emily have an incredible amount of chemistry together.

Overall, I really enjoyed watching this episode, and I’m looking forward to seeing the next one.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread