Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Episode Discussion Thread: Ep#302- "...There is a reaction"

from thewb.com:

"...There is a Reaction"
Airs Mon, 9/20
9PM EST/8 PM CT

At her father's (Tom Amandes) suggestion, a heartbroken Amy (Emily VanCamp) is determined to make the most of her senior year in the wake of Ephram returning from New York and telling her that piano has to be his number one priority. Andy (Treat Williams) contemplates telling Ephram about Madison's (Sarah Lancaster, who does not appear in the episode) pregnancy. Meanwhile, Rose (Merrilyn Gann) naively agrees to help Bright (Chris Pratt) find his true calling after she discovers that he hasn't enrolled for college classes and is in fact leading a life of total leisure; Dr. Jake Hartman (Scott Wolf) creates a marketing blitz for his new practice that threatens to push Dr. Abbott over the edge; and Nina (Stephanie Niznik) takes in her friends' teenage daughter, Hannah (Sarah Drew, "Radio"), and asks Ephram to take her under his wing.
Debra Mooney, John Beasley and Vivien Cardone also star. David Hudgins wrote the episode directed by Perry Lang.
The Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A first look at Hannah! Can't wait

Laura| icon: sourburst@FF
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Loyal Fan

What a cute episode! I just love Amy, I think it's great how her character has turned around from how depressed and stuff she was last season. The two of them together is so cute, I just hope Ephram doesn't find out about the baby...I know he will have to sometime but still. I'm in denial.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

I wasnt that impressed with this episode. I found myself not really being that interested in Ephram and Amy I thought Ephram seemed very panicky and overbearing in his initial scenes with Amy and although Amy has the banter thing down pat Im kind of not buying Ephram.

I also found myself thinking "who are these people?" when Dr, Brown and Dr. Abbott were talking about telling Ephram about Madison. Trying to give him a childhood and all is fine but what about teaching him to take responsibility for his actions and to be a man? What about knowing that sooner or later these things come out in the wash and that itll be 10x as bad when he does find out and even if he doesnt the sleazy fact that he may or may not have a child in the world and living his life not knowing that? Or the fact that the child may have to grow up not knowing his father, what about that childs childhood? Not that I think any of that will be an issue because Im pretty sure when it all goes down Madison will have had an abortion and we'll all have to deal with depressed and mopey Ephram dealing with it all.

Even the Bright story was kinda "eh", which is odd because Bright sitting there reading the dictionary is more than "eh" to me. I liked the external shot of him standing in the wading pool.

The only thing really interesting about the episode was Hannah's introduction I think. I dont know what role she'll play but Im sure itll be something good.
Sugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:35 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree with you Sugz Dr Brown has dug himself in a hole and when this comes out it is going to going to be really bad and I wont blame Ephram 1 bit. Tonight was ok nothing really special. Harold getting soaked in the teaser cracked me up. As far as Hannah she seemed Shy hopefully she will be in a good story line. I thought that guy was a jerk to not be a man and tell his wife the truth and be willing to just keep quite about it if DR Brown did not agree to change the story. Ephram kind of annoyed me tonight.

Joey:I know that there's a part of me that will be in love with you for the rest of my life.
Dawson and Joey
COOLCAT200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually liked this episode. I was enthralled by all of it. E/A, it's just cute how they keep missing each other, every time. Too bad about E and the Shins tix. And I agree with you about the Dr's, I did not expect those words to come out of Dr. Abott. I love Dr. Hamilton, he's too funny. And the guy in the wheelchair, during the walking. LOL. Im not sure about Hannah, we'll see how it plays out. And as for Bright, it was as if he was talking to me. And with E/A argument, what was that about? Can we say D/J?! I mean Dawson's film passion, Ephram's music. Coincidence? I think not. Loved the episode, and can't wait for the next one. Til then ...

icon
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Did anyone else notice how Ephram thanked Andy for telling him about the Julliard phone call? I mean how is that for ironic? I think Andy should have told him right then and there about Madison's pregnancy.

Ephram/Madison fan

Joey: "You remember that?"
Pacey: "I remember everything."
I_Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:18 AM
Administrator

I missed the first 20 minutes of this episode tonight, unfortunately, so this commentary will be brief, but I thought that this was a wonderful episode. I loved Harold and Andy’s heart to heart talk about Ephram, although I still don’t think that hiding the truth about Madison’s pregnancy is a good idea, and I still feel that this issue is a ticking time bomb that’ll explode sooner or later. I’ve started to become increasingly annoyed with how Ephram bottles up everything inside and then explodes, like he did when he saw that Amy was joining things to occupy her time because he never told her that he had dropped some of his classes to spend time with her, but I thought that the final scenes between them were incredibly sweet. Hannah seemed very nice but extremely shy, so it’ll be interesting to see what role she’ll play in future episodes. I really admired the way that Harold helped Jake with one of his patients, even though Jake is trying his best to take all of Andy and Harold’s patients away from them, and I thought that scene really illustrated what a good doctor Harold is, and how he really cares for his patients underneath his pompous exterior.

I thought the scene where the philandering husband’s wife told Andy that she knew he had cheated on her, but that she wanted to continue her marriage even though their entire relationship was based on nothing but lies and deceptions foretold what could well happen between Ephram and Andy if Andy continued his own deception of his son, and I feel that although the final scene between Andy and Ephram was moving, we were given another “tease” as it seemed like Andy was ready to come clean with Ephram about Madison, but instead he confessed that he had yelled at his Julliard professor. Oh what tangled webs we weave. . . .

As always, Bright was a hoot, as he first tried to convince his mother that he was unhappy with his situation, and I laughed when she caught him hosting a big party at their house when he thought she’d be away! Rose was right though that Bright needed to start thinking about his future and doing something about it, an hopefully he’ll do just that.

I loved Harold and Amy’s talk, and I’m so happy to see that the special bond that this father and daughter had has returned, but again, I feel like their relationship will also be detrimentally affected if and when Ephram finds out about Madison, and Amy finds out that Harold knew about Madison all along.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode, and it seems to me that Season Three of Everwood will continue to have very well written and well acted stories for us to watch.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:45 AM
Absolute Fan

I thought this episode was pretty good. Ephram acted weird the first half, but finally calmed down. Whats the deal with the Hannah girl?? She isn't a new love interest for Ephram is she???

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Pace & Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

two things bothered me about this episode. Harold is way too nonchalant about Ephram getting Madison pregnant, especially that he's with his daughter. I noticed three DC writers are on this show. Andy needs to tell Ephram the truth

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Totally agree Jerry thanks for the response....

I liked the episode too....

Ephrum/Amy: Didnt like the whole "argument about activies " not because it was a typical fight, but it just made ephrum more insecure about amy and relationship then he really was. and i was glad that they both each had something to keep them busy...

Harold/andy: I loved their moments, i think that they were beginning to understood each other, like harold was talking to andy about ephrum and amy being happy and dont ruin it was a great scene...

Bright/ felt bad because he really was unhappy with the situation that he was in.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:16 AM
Elite Fan

true daisy, I could see that Harold wants them to be happy, but he still needs to live in the real world and realize that Andy shouldn't keep Madison's pregnancy from Ephram.

Old 09-21-2004, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I don't understand how Andy feels that the best route to go is to keep the pregnancy from Ephram. He has to know that Ephram is going to find out about this eventually. He needs to tell Ephram.

I love the banter that E/A have. Well, especially Amy. She has mastered the banter. I love how they look deep into each others eyes. It is very intense and you rarely see that. I also think their non-verbal communication as a whole is very powerful. I mentioned the eye gazing, but there are also the smiles, and just the general expressions that are so cute. Even the touching feely stuff they have mastered. Amy stroking Ephram's hair. They have the added extras that I love.

And do I think E/A are anything like D/J? Ummmmm.. That would be a definite NO.

Last edited by Wilpen; 12-06-2004 at 02:49 PM
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

Wilpen, good to hear from you. I started watching in the beginning of season 2. I agree about the naturalness between Ephram and Amy. They remind me of you know who. hee.

Old 09-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Administrator

It's good to see you posting here, Wilpen! It seems like a lot of us Dawson's Creek fans have come to love Everwood, but I do think that Everwood is a much better written show than Dawson's Creek ever was. I like Ephram and Amy as a couple, but after my experience with shipping Dawson and Joey, I don't think I'll ever ship a couple again, and I feel this whole Madison thing is eventually going to tear Ephram and Amy apart, so I can't get myself emotionally invested in them. I agree about Amy having the banter thing down, and I also love it when they stare into each other's eyes, so I do think they make a really engaging couple.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top