Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2017, 09:04 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,677
Episode Discussion Thread: Ep. 2.8 "Burden Of Truth"


Burden Of Truth





When Phil the mechanic correctly "diagnoses" meningitis rather than flu in Andy's young patient, the town begins to believe he is a seer. Ephram confronts Madison about his feelings for her. Amy agrees to see Linda for help, but out of desperation, steals her pad to forge a prescription for anti-depressants, forcing Harold to heed Phil's warning about his daughter's condition. Meanwhile, Edna learns the disturbing truth about why her daughter does not want to pursue a relationship with Dr. Brown.


IMDb Link

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-08-2017 at 09:12 PM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:39 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 134,906
I enjoyed this episode far more than the last...

I liked seeing Amy's struggle this episode, at least they are being consistent with it and taking their time with it. I didnt love her dad yelling at her. She wants the medication freaking a, just give it to her. Let her try it and see how it works for her! Forging the signature was not right, but I can understand her frustrations when she's pleading with them and they won't listen to her or try to help her.

Madison was super obnoxious this episode! Does she expect Ephram to lie and say her band was great? Like, doesn't she want to get better? And the guy that left the band was a jerk and I feel like Ephram was trying to help her by saying Madison didn't need him and instead she got all pissed off. I was annoyed.

Madison was actually right this episode telling Ephram that it cant mean anything between them but her phrasing was iffy, she should have just said "no way its not happening and i'm not interested." even if she is interested she needs to not even imply that she is.

Ephram's speech was pretty sexy but it's so disappointing but Madison allowing him to kiss her was just wrong. He's just simply too young. Wanting to try to keep a friendship with him is understandable but nothing more.

Linda and Andy are cute, I think they have decent chemistry together. Nothing amazing there for me but I don't hate them.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:55 AM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 139,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I enjoyed this episode far more than the last...

I liked seeing Amy's struggle this episode, at least they are being consistent with it and taking their time with it. I didnt love her dad yelling at her. She wants the medication freaking a, just give it to her. Let her try it and see how it works for her! Forging the signature was not right, but I can understand her frustrations when she's pleading with them and they won't listen to her or try to help her.

Madison was super obnoxious this episode! Does she expect Ephram to lie and say her band was great? Like, doesn't she want to get better? And the guy that left the band was a jerk and I feel like Ephram was trying to help her by saying Madison didn't need him and instead she got all pissed off. I was annoyed.

Madison was actually right this episode telling Ephram that it cant mean anything between them but her phrasing was iffy, she should have just said "no way its not happening and i'm not interested." even if she is interested she needs to not even imply that she is.

Ephram's speech was pretty sexy but it's so disappointing but Madison allowing him to kiss her was just wrong. He's just simply too young. Wanting to try to keep a friendship with him is understandable but nothing more.

Linda and Andy are cute, I think they have decent chemistry together. Nothing amazing there for me but I don't hate them.
It's heartbreaking seeing Amy so desperate and her own father makes her feel like she can control it. It's absolutely disgusting. As a psychologist, this storyline bothers me immensely. I know that many MDs (non-psychiatrist MDs) don't get too educated when it comes to mental health which has always been an area of frustration for me. However, Harold certainly knows enough about depression to understand that his very own daughter is drowning and needs help in order to survive. Shame on Harold.

Madison just grosses me out so much. I agree with all your thoughts. You said it, Ephram is simply too young and for Madison to very soon allow this illegal relationship is just amazing to me. Honestly, you see and feel Ephram's immaturity when it comes to anything Madison-related. The sick part of it is I think Madison is actually attracted to the immaturity. I think that's why she eventually starts calling him honey and sweetie like a mother would call her young child. Makes. Me. Sick. She'll mother him and act all wise yet sleep with him.

When I think about how much time Ephram wasted on Madison in season two its really sad and frustrating.

Last edited by Auror; 03-17-2017 at 12:01 PM
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:59 AM
  #4
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 134,906
Agree, the fact that he is a doctor just makes it so much worse too. He's letting his own bias about Amy being his daughter affect his decision on the subject.

Yeah the first time around, being a lot younger, i found the E/M storyline to be sort of fun and thrilling now, as a late 20 year old, I just cant find it appealing, just gross. Like you said, she has this weird power trip over him and is constantly acting like shes so much more mature but then kisses him and very obviously likes the attention from him. It so skeevy.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:10 PM
  #5
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 139,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Agree, the fact that he is a doctor just makes it so much worse too. He's letting his own bias about Amy being his daughter affect his decision on the subject.
Exactly. It's maybe slightly more understandable if Harold was just a father and didn't understand depression and how medication can help, even short-term, as was Amy's case. But the fact that he's a physician absolutely makes it so much worse.

Quote:
Yeah the first time around, being a lot younger, i found the E/M storyline to be sort of fun and thrilling now, as a late 20 year old, I just cant find it appealing, just gross. Like you said, she has this weird power trip over him and is constantly acting like shes so much more mature but then kisses him and very obviously likes the attention from him. It so skeevy.
It really is gross. It's like she's playing mind games with him for her own benefit. I will never agree with anyone who thinks Ephram benefited from his relationship with Madison. How is that possible when she played games the entire time with this odd power she showcased for her own pleasure. Not only does she have sex with him in the very illegal sense, but she does a number on him mentally too. It's so damn wrong.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:49 PM
  #6
Part-Time Fan
 
DeafAngelboy23's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 120
For a moment I was like oh damn... how Amy looked right there with eyes closed while trying to mediate... I'm traveling back in time when I saw this moment on 4:3 TV set. I remembered I thought it was ridiculous method (side note: Amy is gorgeous!) but over the years I learned to accept that it may work for some people. People loved her so hard that she had to break the spell of illusion to wake her family up! The single tear on Amy's cheek... such a simple & important moment to look back on Everwood. The effects of The Last of Summer lingers on & on but she'll find a way out of it come hell or high water!

Madison storyline? I remembered how dumb Ephram look after he found out about the so called boyfriend. I hated the relationship but I know it was desperate attempt to make Amy stay away for some time. If Ephram knew Amy was in Wyoming? Damn can you imagine Ephram driving that ugly car to Wyoming!

I can say more but my real life lady friend is texting me a lot ha ha ha so I'll share more thoughts on this episode.
__________________
You'll Never Walk Alone
DeafAngelboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:52 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 139,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafAngelboy23 (View Post)
For a moment I was like oh damn... how Amy looked right there with eyes closed while trying to mediate... I'm traveling back in time when I saw this moment on 4:3 TV set. I remembered I thought it was ridiculous method (side note: Amy is gorgeous!) but over the years I learned to accept that it may work for some people. People loved her so hard that she had to break the spell of illusion to wake her family up! The single tear on Amy's cheek... such a simple & important moment to look back on Everwood. The effects of The Last of Summer lingers on & on but she'll find a way out of it come hell or high water!

Madison storyline? I remembered how dumb Ephram look after he found out about the so called boyfriend. I hated the relationship but I know it was desperate attempt to make Amy stay away for some time. If Ephram knew Amy was in Wyoming? Damn can you imagine Ephram driving that ugly car to Wyoming!

I can say more but my real life lady friend is texting me a lot ha ha ha so I'll share more thoughts on this episode.
I remember when the episode aired live and everyone talked about the single tear by Emily and how effective and amazing it was. She just shined in the role of Amy Abbott and it seemed like the more challenging material she received, the more she shined. Emily is a gifted actress and Amy's depression storyline really showcasess her depth of talent nicely.

So true about how you still receive hope even with the sad situation. You don't lose hope at all. You know Amy and Ephram/Amy will battle through this eventually. It was just going to take some time.

Agree about Emily/Amy... she's drop dead gorgeous.

You make such a great point about how dumb Ephram looked after he found out about the so called boyfriend. This is one of many reasons why I loathed Ephram/Madison... Ephram just looked stupid so much of the time, like his brain was simply not working. He even had really pathetic moments. It was unfortunate because Ephram was better than this trash named Madison and what she was doing to him was not right at all. It was such an unhealthy situation for Ephram. One can say Amy was battling intense situational depression but Ephram was also having issues with his mental health given the unhealthy affect his relationship with Madison had on him. Essentially both Ephram and Amy broke free from chains that were restraining them once Amy's depression lifted and Ephram got away from Madison.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST