Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
so what storyline are you up to? i watched too fast to know what the first five episodes contained
Not a lot has happened, I guess. Ephram and Kyle's storyline has just started. The last episode was when they go on the camping trip and Ephram tells Andy he's still in love with Amy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Great! How is she liking it? How did she like Ephram's return?

Oh, how are the music changes? Are they noticeable? Or should I not ask?
To be honest, I'm not sure! She hasn't really said too much about it so she might be thinking it's slow. I kind of hyped the back half of the season a lot (heh) so she might be waiting for that in a way. I know she is interested in where Ephram and Kyle's storyline is going and she thinks Bright and Hannah will break up soon.

She thought Ephram's return was totally Ephram.

It seems like music has changed but I'm not totally sure. I know they changed the big songs later in the season anyway .
Dolfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Ah, well, the season does start slow, doesn't it? Has there even been a big Ephram/Andy ending by the fireplace yet? That's when you know the season has really started, heh. It's funny, though, but we all love S4 so much, but as you said, it''s the back half. The front half is kind of...eh. Hopefully the back half makes it up for her.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Not a lot has happened, I guess. Ephram and Kyle's storyline has just started. The last episode was when they go on the camping trip and Ephram tells Andy he's still in love with Amy.
my favorite moment of that episode! Ephram was so far away from Andy in Season 3, with good reason, and for him to open up like that on a random camping trip was pretty damn awesome. I just love them both for fighting for what they both deserve.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She thought Ephram's return was totally Ephram.
Awe...that means she thinks he's hot.

Quote:
my favorite moment of that episode!
Me too, Patricia! I just loved that whole scene....Finally a warm conversation between those two....and it included joking!!!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

I think that camping scene was a turning point for them in S4 to getting their relationship to the bonding place that we all love between them that season. Ephram shows that he trusts Andy again by opening up to him. It's all pretty good after that scene between them, as I recall.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 08-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I remember it being smooth sailing for them the rest of the way.

We watched "Getting to Know You." I figure that's a nice cliffhanger. I won't make her wait three months or whatever the heck you all had to, though!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

What did she think of the cliffhanger and the postcard scene? Hopefully she's enjoying S4 more and more, especially since starting with this episode basically all the way until the finale (save maybe one episode) is all !
Old 08-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Loyal Fan

My sister didn't expect the hookup but she was happy, haha. She feels like something (like Amy finding out that Ephram told Reid to stop seeing her) will happen, though, because she thinks something will keep them apart.

For others: she feels bad for Jake, thinks this will bring Andy and Nina even closer and thinks Hannah will break up with Bright over something.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does your sister prefer Jake for Nina....rather than Andy?
Old 08-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Does your sister prefer Jake for Nina....rather than Andy?
I don't think so. She just likes Jake, as well.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Does she seem to be enjoying the season more now that it's (finally, heh) starting to pick up a bit?
Old 08-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Loyal Fan

We just finished episode twelve a little while ago.

She said she was always enjoying it so that's good.

Rest of the way has big moments for everyone...

Here is something that I've somehow never thought of: Andy is a grandfather. It finally occurred to me when Ephram breaks down to Andy (after pushing Kyle to see his father) about how he's worried about what his son will think of him. I don't know why but I just never even thought about it until now!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Ooh, that means you guys have seen "Lost and Found". That is a GREAT one, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan
Here is something that I've somehow never thought of: Andy is a grandfather. It finally occurred to me when Ephram breaks down to Andy (after pushing Kyle to see his father) about how he's worried about what his son will think of him. I don't know why but I just never even thought about it until now!
That's true!! The show never really explored that aspect of the story. I'm sure Andy wants to see his grandson too someday and is just as conflicted as Ephram about what his grandson will think of him. Andy has turned into Mr. Family, you know, and if Ephram does decide to be a part of his son's future, and who knows about that or when it would happen, you sure know Andy would be right there beside him.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Here is something that I've somehow never thought of: Andy is a grandfather.
This kind of makes me wonder how Andy was so quick to dismiss Madison when she confided in him about the baby. Didn't he even consider this fact....that Madison was carrying his grandchild? I don't know about the rest of you..but this would be a very difficult thing for me to give up. The fact that I would never see my grandchild would haunt me for a long time.
I'm wondering what the alternatives would have been...how could Andy have protected Ephram...but still....not given up the baby?

(Maybe a good discussion question?)
Old 08-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Loyal Fan

It really is amazing that they never explored the aspect of Andy as the grandfather. I think that's why it kind of hit me out of nowhere - on third viewing, too! They, of course, showed him having guilt over the whole thing but never once did he think about the child as his grandchild.

I agree with you both. Now that whole situation with Madison is a little different because I never saw Andy as the grandfather until now.
Reply   Post New Thread