Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Episode discussion Thread: #219 "Sick"

Sick

Amy confides to Bright that she may have developed feelings for Ephram, but Bright begs her to have mercy on poor Ephram, who is still nursing a broken heart from his recent break-up with Madison. Meanwhile, when Linda's HIV status is accidentally revealed to her patients, Dr. Abbott faces a potential malpractice suit, and Andy is forced to come clean with Ephram, who doesn't take the news very well.

Link
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting this one!

It was cute to see Delia hug Linda. I didnt like how Andy reacted to Linda telling Deliah. It's Linda's secret to deal with! It sucks that the people were wanting to sue Harold's practice over it. Come on people. No one was hurt/infected and they know the truth now. It's just irritating. It also doesnt make sense that they would go to Andy for help when his g/f was Linda.

Seeing Ephram concerned for his father was cute. But I was on Andy's side in the argument. He needs to live his life and some things in life can't be controlled. He essentially broke up with Linda because of what Ephram said.

E/A were so cute together! I loved seeing them hanging out. Ephram could have shut it with all the Madison talk though. But I liked them confiding in each other.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You're welcome, Alexa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

Seeing Ephram concerned for his father was cute. But I was on Andy's side in the argument. He needs to live his life and some things in life can't be controlled. He essentially broke up with Linda because of what Ephram said.
One thing I have to say about Ephram...when the **** hits the fan...he is a loyal son who sticks by his dad. He did it when the town turned against Andy after Colin died and he did it again when he realized how much his dad cared for Linda.
I love that about Ephram.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
E/A were so cute together! I loved seeing them hanging out. Ephram could have shut it with all the Madison talk though. But I liked them confiding in each other.
Season 2 Ephram rambling on about Madison worked my last nerve. You know it was bad when Bright couldn't even take it after a while. Still, it was great seeing them confide in each other. I think that is the main point... Ephram/Amy could always talk about anything together, no matter the state of the relationship or circumstances. They were always able to communicate.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

And I feel like Ephram shut the door on Amy a long time before, (not completely in that he stopped hoping) just in the sense that he had tried to be with her and it never worked out so at some point he sort of gave up on that. And i think he put all his energy into Madison because she was someone that reciprocated those feelings for a while.

But its obvious that if Amy at any point would be like "I wanna be with you Ephram!" that he would totally into it again lol.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That's so true. Ephram definitely had to find a way to stop the pain over the feelings he felt for Amy romantically and just wasn't able to act on them. In Vegetative State, season 1, Amy basically gave him the green light to be with her but because of Ephram's decency, he knew he couldn't go there, the timing wasn't right. Then of course Colin dies and Amy develops situational depression. At some point Ephram did have to protect his own heart. You make a great point about why he put so much into his relationship with Madison. Plus, it probably did give him a bump in the ego department knowing an older woman liked him. He didn't see it as wrong, not like everyone else did. He saw it as right because it made him feel good but what he didn't understand was it made him feel good for the wrong reasons. He wasn't over Amy and like you said, all she had to do was pop out of the situational depression and Ephram would have wanted to be with her again. He still yearned for Amy. We know that based on their history and how quickly they got together at the end of season 2 when the timing was finally right. That's why I will never believe Ephram was in love with Madison. I don't believe it for a second. He was borderline obsessed with the idea of being with Madison, he was physically attracted to her, and not much else. They never shared any sort of emotional connection which is the cornerstone of any healthy relationship and that was telling.

That's why I blame Madison so much for all of this. She might not have realized the Ephram/Amy history but she understood how wrong it was to get involved with Ephram romantically. She knew it wasn't going to end well. That's why she was so negative about their relationship the entire time. It wasn't fair to Ephram in the least. She called all the shots. She never should have gotten involved with the son of her employer who was a boy in the eyes of the law. She had zero business getting involved and should have known better. Not only does she allow it to happen but then a pregnancy transpires as a result. I know you can be careful and sometimes pregnancy still happen regardless but I doubt that's what happened with Ephram/Madison. Careless was name of their relationship.

Last edited by Auror; 05-18-2017 at 04:14 PM
Old 05-19-2017, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i think ephram just liked the idea of being in love and with madison it was easy and happened quickly but i dont think he truly loved her.

but maybe e/m happening sort of pushed amy/ephram later on because ephram was able to "move on".
Old 05-22-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That's very possible. I like to try and conjure up reasons why EM benefited EA. It helps me hate EM less, lol.

Yes, I don't think there was any real evidence of Ephram being in love with Madison. Just the opposite actually.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:20 AM
New Fan

I do think Ephram loved her but just not in the same way as Amy. Madison was there when his friendship with Amy fell apart and he still had issues with Andy, she respected him and they had a lot in common with their passion for music. Ephram never had someone like that in his life and so I can believe that he truly loved her, considering where he stood in his life at this point and disregarding the age difference.

But that's just my opinion on it, I always thought it was a bit strange that he basically just bounced back to Amy because Bright told him he now had a chance. Nevertheless it really is nice how they act together in this episode and how Amy desperately tries to get his attention.

I'm also rewatching the show right now (and I'm already mid-season 3), it's been a while and I haven't watched it for 6 years now. I'm still enjoying it a lot but it's fascinating how some opinions on characters and their developments can shift over time, I turned 30 last month and I see a lot of scenes in a completely different perspective now compared to the first time I watched it with 18 and still being in school. Especially the whole Ephram/Amy stuff makes me feel a bit nostalgic, school life reallys is so much simpler.

And great to see this forum is still ative after all this time!
Seraph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph87 (View Post)
I do think Ephram loved her but just not in the same way as Amy. Madison was there when his friendship with Amy fell apart and he still had issues with Andy, she respected him and they had a lot in common with their passion for music. Ephram never had someone like that in his life and so I can believe that he truly loved her, considering where he stood in his life at this point and disregarding the age difference.

But that's just my opinion on it, I always thought it was a bit strange that he basically just bounced back to Amy because Bright told him he now had a chance. Nevertheless it really is nice how they act together in this episode and how Amy desperately tries to get his attention.

I'm also rewatching the show right now (and I'm already mid-season 3), it's been a while and I haven't watched it for 6 years now. I'm still enjoying it a lot but it's fascinating how some opinions on characters and their developments can shift over time, I turned 30 last month and I see a lot of scenes in a completely different perspective now compared to the first time I watched it with 18 and still being in school. Especially the whole Ephram/Amy stuff makes me feel a bit nostalgic, school life reallys is so much simpler.

And great to see this forum is still ative after all this time!
Great to see you around here!

If you would like to, please post your thoughts during the rewatch. The OP has all the episode threads for each specific episode. Would love to hear more of your thoughts! We are also planning on doing a full rewatch in the next month or so. It would be neat if you joined us!

How would you say your perspective has changed between when you were 18 and now at 30 regarding the show?
Old 05-27-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
it's fascinating how some opinions on characters and their developments can shift over time, I turned 30 last month and I see a lot of scenes in a completely different perspective now compared to the first time I watched it with 18 and still being in school. Especially the whole Ephram/Amy stuff makes me feel a bit nostalgic, school life reallys is so much simpler.
Oh totally, I am doing the same.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top