Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2004, 07:23 AM
ggo
New Fan

Overall, great episode. Re Madison next week, maybe the writers will surprise us and it will be something other than a pregnancy -- maybe.

Liked the name for Bright -- didn't see that coming. Appreciated the way the writers showed that h.s. graduation can be difficult for some folks -- those who are not going off to college, the military, or a particular vocational field. There are a lot of "Brights" out there and it will be interesting to see what he does next year (also a clever way for the writers to keep him in town another year).

Nice Nina-Andy scene -- short & sweet. However, when & how did Nina become the expert on adolescent children? Andy has now been parenting for 2-3 years; the "I'm totally lost" thing has to stop. No parent has all of the answers; why should he?

My biggest disappointment was the way the Dr. Douglas surgery was handled. Last year, with Colin, the writers worked hard to build up the situation and to make us care -- about Colin and Andy. This year, when Andy really needs support (given that his last surgery didn't go so well), where is it? Ephram (whom we're led to believe considers Douglas an "uncle") goes out of town and only thinks to ask how the surgery went as an afterthought; Delia is MIA; Nina is MIA. We had one, not very tense OR scene and one very short "he's all better" scene.

This plot, which could have been a nice parallel to last season with Ephram, Nina & others worrying how a second "bad" surgery on a friend would impact Andy, got lost in the shuffle. Totally lost.

But, I'm still hooked. And already in pre-withdrawal. 4 months w/o Everwood. Ugh!
ggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by j.m.:
<STRONG>

If you are a female character on the WB there appears to be a good chance that you will wind up pregnant. (OMG maybe Nina is next....lol).</STRONG>
Nina's already been pregnant...at the beginning of S1
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

As for this ep: i have no clue how i feel about the ephram playing amy thing. actually i have yet to actually formulate any ideas on this episode. I think i need to rewatch it as i was highly stressed the first time through.
-maria
The Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

-For once,I'm on Ephram's side.I don't even think he actually played her.He wasn't sure of her feelings for him.The way she reacted and how everything went out of control made me think sooo much about D/J....and that's quite an awful thought.Really,really awful.Like I said on the Greenies thread,the writers'd better NOT go down the D/J path and ruin Ephram/Amy.I mean,Greg and Emily have such a wonderful chemistry,it'd be such a complete waste.

-I LOVED the Bright/Ephram scenes.SO cute when Ephram called him to notice him he was around,in case he needed someone to talk to.This friendship's really beautiful.Who could've guessed?Certainly not me.

-Loved the "Yes,but it's Amy" conversation between Nina&Ephram...very mother&son like...

-And I really liked Andy&Nina's last talk.

About Dr Abbott's issues...what about sharing a practice with Dr Brown?Now that would be a twist! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Extreme Fan

hey all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Can anyone help me out with the voiceover in the last scene. It was something like you notice the significant moments but fail to realize the ones that get you there. I really wanted to use it in a paper, but i cant find the exact words...it would be a HUGE help.

You can PM if you dont wanna flood the thread [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] thanks so much!
PHILA4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've never posted on the "everwood" board before, but I just wanted to say last night's episode was great. This is literally the best show on tv, and people don't know what they are missing out on if they aren't watching.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by SpySyd:
<STRONG>-For once,I'm on Ephram's side.I don't even think he actually played her.He wasn't sure of her feelings for him.The way she reacted and how everything went out of control made me think sooo much about D/J....and that's quite an awful thought.Really,really awful.Like I said on the Greenies thread,the writers'd better NOT go down the D/J path and ruin Ephram/Amy.I mean,Greg and Emily have such a wonderful chemistry,it'd be such a complete waste.</STRONG>
Word. I also don't think Ephram really “played” Amy, and her whole over-reaction to it all reminded me of Dawson and Joey in every negative connotation of that convoluted relationship, and I don’t want Ephram and Amy to become another Dawson and Joey. I like Ephram and Amy, and I’d like to see them get together, but I refuse to become a shipper for them, because after being such a die-hard D/Jer, and getting kicked in the teeth time and time again by Paul Stupin and Co., I don’t want to get played and strung along on this show like I did on Dawson’s Creek. All I can say is: thank God the adults on this show have engaging storylines, because I don’t have to only focus on the “tortured teen romances” on the show.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Banned

i agree with you all- I don't think that Ephram played Amy at all.

Plus, who thinks that Madison is pregnant ?
Semmer Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not sure if I think Madison is pregnant. I certainly hope she isn't. That would just ruin some of the show for me. Why do they need pregnancy cliffhanger. There's much better ideas out there I'm sure (not that I have any). Anyways I can't wait for next week. After the shows over we still need to show our continued support for the show during the hiatus.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D:
<STRONG>

Word. [/i] I like Ephram and Amy, and I’d like to see them get together, but I refuse to become a shipper for them, because after being such a die-hard D/Jer, and getting kicked in the teeth time and time again by Paul Stupin and Co., I don’t want to get played and strung along on this show like I did on Dawson’s Creek.</STRONG>
I completly agree with you Jerry and know how you feel.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm kinda on the fence with whether Ephram really "played" her but I do understand Amy's embarrassment over finally telling the guy she likes about her feelings and him knowing the whole time.

I really wish Greg B and co had not even entertained the idea of having Madison be pregnant, it's bad enough her and Ephram were together at all.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Yeah, Madison being pregnant does seem too obvious, and promos are always misleading, so we'll have to wait and see how next week's episode plays out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D:
<STRONG>Yeah, Madison being pregnant does seem too obvious, and promos are always misleading, so we'll have to wait and see how next week's episode plays out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That was my first thought. Her being pregnant was too obvious. Its just the WB trying to trick us like always.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jo_Herself:
<STRONG> it's bad enough her and Ephram were together at all.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] so true, the idea of a possible baby is just eww [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Semmer Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Could someone give me an overview of what happened in this eppie? I missed it both times (Shame on ME!) but I've gathered little tidbits. I can't wait to see the season finale tonight, but I'm afraid it won't make sense if I don't know about YFA!

Thanks in advance!